The advantages of using PVC pipes
PVC pipes are available, they are convenient to use, and they serve for quite a long time without losing their qualities. Such a construction will be reliable, but at the same time and easy. It can be quickly moved and disassembled, if necessary. The use of this material has a number of tangible advantages:
- Durability - polypropylene products have been used for many years, retaining their original characteristics.
- Simplicity - they are very easy to assemble, connect with other parts and even other materials.
- They are safe for health - an indisputable plus.
- The material is resistant to high temperatures.
- The pipes absorb sound well and provide sufficient noise insulation, unlike metal ones.
- They are easy to transport, move and transport. Low weight allows you to use them constantly.
How to make a greenhouse with your own hands
A greenhouse made of plastic polypropylene pipes, made with your own hands, will not only last for a long time, but will also save time, money and effort. The advantages of using such a material make such a product practical, inexpensive and optimal in performance. We now turn to how to properly prepare for the upcoming construction and find all that is useful for this.
Required materials and tools
For the manufacture of greenhouses need to timely prepare a list of materials that will be used. This will simplify the task of collecting, make the process faster and help you not to miss important points.
So, we will need:
- Wooden sticks or boards of the right size and a few in reserve.
- Pipes from plastic. The quantity depends on what size of construction you are planning. For example, for a greenhouse with a size of 3.5 by 10 meters, you need to prepare 20 pieces with a length of 3/4.
- Film for greenhouses, about 1 roll.
- Brackets for mounting.
- Cable bundles, screws or nails in the right quantity and a few spare, handle and hinges for the door.
- Be sure to prepare a drawing on which you will consult.
Step by step production
Next, go to the process of manufacturing the very frame of your greenhouse from polypropylene pipes, which you can do with your own hands. First thing you need put together a wooden base. In this case, the use of bars is preferable, as they allow you to build a frame more tightly and tightly. Be sure to make sure that the rectangle is symmetrical - for this you can measure diagonals, they must be the same size. Next, the building is fixed reinforcement in the soil. Next step - make arches of the pipes themselves. To fix them using the same fittings. It is necessary to cut it into pieces of such a length so that it can be driven into the ground and strengthened on the upper parts of the building. Next, we bend the plastic pipes in a semicircle and string them onto reinforcing bars. The resulting arches are built across the width of the future greenhouse. Now you need metal plates - they are attached to the tube frame. You can, in principle, skip this point, but then the construction will be much weaker and not so strong.Making the ends. To do this, they use all the same wooden planks or bars from which the frame was made. To him they are attached. Drawing ends can be made to your taste, using as many bars as you need. The main thing is to think about this moment even before you begin to construct a greenhouse with PVC pipes. At the same step, you can do the fastening of the tubes, for this it is better to use clamps or simple wire. The main thing - to do everything carefully, so as not to damage the film during coating.Last step - film coating. It is attached to a wooden base. You can use the same brackets as on the pipes, but it is better to just nail it. Next, we put the door (it can be made from the boards, dragging the film), hang it on the hinges. That's all - the greenhouse is ready.
Useful tips and tricks
If it is raining in the area where the building will be located, it is possible to prevent the film from sagging and tearing it up by attaching an additional pipe in the center. Special perimeter supports will not be superfluous - they will provide the necessary stability and resistance to winds.
Another way to strengthen your greenhouse is to add additional X-shaped spacers. You can prepare them from wire. They are placed on the sides of the structure. This will make it even more stable and durable.
If you are worried that solar radiation will act negatively on the plants and the greenhouse itself, buy a special film with a stabilizing light coating.
If you are wondering how to make a greenhouse yourself, then the construction of the construction of plastic pipes will be the best solution. It is strong and stable, will serve for a long time and is able to withstand almost any weather conditions. The greenhouse can be quickly built and just as quickly disassembled. And the place of choice is entirely up to you. And yet it is available, cheap and very easy!
Advantages of greenhouse pipes
Plastic pipes have many advantages, which are reflected in greenhouses collected from this material.
The main positive parameters can be identified:
- not susceptible to water: pipes will not rust or swell,
- ease of processing: the pipe can be cut, bent and give the necessary shape using the tools at hand,
- low weight, which allows you to move even the assembled product,
- shelf life, plastic pipes last up to 50 years,
- fire resistance, the pipes burn badly, and when the source of fire is eliminated, they immediately go out,
- wear resistance
- strength, pipes are able to carry large loads on the structure of the greenhouse,
- low material cost
- no need to process the pipes after installation additionally,
- A beautiful view, plastic pipes themselves are a wonderful material and do not require additional decoration.
Forms and coating materials for greenhouses from pipes
Creating a homemade greenhouse of a given configuration begins with the choice of form. Currently common forms of 4 types:
- in the form of an arch,
- rectangular type with one slope,
- rectangular type with two slopes (classic),
- in the form of an extension to the building.
Having dealt with the form, we turn to the material that will cover the greenhouse. Traditionally used film or polycarbonate sheets. Although earlier glass was more common.
It is better to choose the material for coating, based on the period of "work" of the greenhouse. If it is a seasonal small greenhouse, it is more logical to use a film. When building "for centuries", it would be much more appropriate to use polycarbonate.
Greenhouse model of pipes and its installation
It is better to begin construction from drawing a greenhouse, but if you do not have time or knowledge to complete it, we advise you to order a ready-made kit in the store, and then just assemble it.
For people who want to make a greenhouse on their own plan, we advise you to adhere to the following action plan:
- draw a drawing of a future greenhouse (or greenhouse),
- select and prepare a place under the building, it should be sunny, with a convenient approach and protected from strong wind, if there are holes and hummocks, level the ground,
- prepare the material for the frame, then collect it,
- pull the film over the frame and secure it.
As the foundation of a greenhouse, you can use a box of timber or fasten the structure to clogged rods.
Building a greenhouse of pipes and polycarbonate
To make the greenhouse itself and at the same time get a long-term construction, you should follow the stages of construction, such as:
First, first select its future location on your site. To do this, be guided by the appointment of the greenhouse, its period of work (will be year-round with a stove or seasonal), good illumination and a flat surface.
Prepare the foundation. For beginners who first thought how to make a greenhouse out of plastic pipes with their own hands, it is better to choose a timber as a base.
Before you install it, dig a ditch in such a way that half of the timber goes into it. The marking of the ditch is carried out with the help of a cord, pegs and a meter, do not forget about keeping the corners of the future greenhouse.
Then collect the frame. They fix it to the foundation with the help of brackets, having previously put the pipes on the reinforcement built into the timber.
The fourth stage is coating the frame with polycarbonate.
For proper assembly, consider the following features of the material: fasteners on polycarbonate go in 45 mm pitch, the sheets are joined end to end, and the hole for the screws should be 1 mm larger than their diameter.
The ends of the polycarbonate after assembly should not be opened, stick them with scotch tape is also impossible, therefore, they are covered with a punched tape and end profile. Note that polycarbonate surfaces differ, and if you put the sheets on the wrong side, the material will collapse.
By following the steps, you can assemble a greenhouse in a day.
What are the advantages of PVC frame?
- Pipes are easily bent, which makes it easy to shape the frame of the greenhouse without the use of pipe benders or any special technology,
- PVC pipes do not need to be treated with anti-corrosion or antiseptic agents. A special coating has already been applied to the entire surface of the profile. Water pipes withstand large temperature differences and are resistant to mechanical damage,
- PVC is much cheaper than metal and high-quality wood. Such a framework for a greenhouse will serve you for many years without losing shape and functionality,
- PVC frame is easy to assemble and can be stored indoors in the winter. This profile is very light in weight and compact. In finished form, PVC looks aesthetically pleasing and fits perfectly into the overall design of any area.
I. Functional Growing Plant
Growlab is a great option for growing plants in containers. On the basis of PVC pipes, you can build a spacious greenhouse for seedlings or growing crops with a small root system in separate flowerpots. Such a greenhouse will be isolated not only by walls, but also by agrofilm from the ground. This allows you to create on the site a real laboratory for growing plants, a certain microclimate and temperature conditions.
To begin, choose a place and prepare the basis for a greenhouse. Perimeter mark and fenced with wooden box. The walls of the box are knocked down with the help of long anchors and are reinforced with metal corners at the joints with each other. An important nuance is the alignment of the base level. If the area is sloping, blocks, bricks or other available materials should be placed under the box walls.
Inside the walls of the box it is necessary to position the base pipes for PVC arches or to make holes for PVC pipes in the edges of the wooden base in advance. The box can also be laid on a ready-made foundation for a greenhouse. Above all around the perimeter of the greenhouse there is a dense agrofibre - a soft floor for our growlab, which will protect the greenhouse from weeds and help maintain the desired climate regime inside the greenhouse.
And one more important point: do not hammer the base pipe into the ground with a “bare” hammer. Plastic can easily crack from such exposure. Put a piece of wooden block or plank on the pipe, and then hammer the pipe into the ground along the tree.
Now you need to properly install the PVC frame. You can choose a gable design or build an arched type greenhouse. For the first option it is better to choose rigid PVC pipes. How to properly bend the arch, we will tell a little later.
The arcs are inserted into the grooves of the pipes, which we dug into the ground by level. If the edges of the arches do not fit tightly into the grooves, you can reinforce them with wooden planks inserted into the pipes along with the arcs. For greater reliability, they can be bolted. When all the arches are in place, the frame should be reinforced from above with longitudinal tubes. The central tube is superimposed on the outside of the greenhouse skeleton, and the two side bars are mounted from the inside. The pipe joints are bolted and screwed so that the frame is collapsible.
The contact of PVC pipes and covering fabric give a certain thermal, chemical and mechanical interaction of these two materials. To avoid premature wear of the greenhouse, the outer surface of the pipes (the points of contact with the film) should be insulated with a protective adhesive tape. So your greenhouse will last as long as possible.
The end walls are best made of wood. In addition to the racks of the doorway, it is necessary to make two more supports in the corners of the ends. The bottom of the end walls can be sewn with plywood or plastic. Now you can stretch the film on the walls and ends of the greenhouse and begin to prepare the plants for cultivation.
And another master class on the construction of greenhouses on the same technology:
Ii. The easiest option: wood, PVC and film
A simple and inexpensive option - a small greenhouse for the garden of PVC arches, reinforced with wooden slats and ends. As a covering material, you can take the usual film. The frame will last for many years, it can be disassembled for the winter and re-installed on the site in early spring. The land with this use gets all the necessary elements, moisture and does not need additional processing.
Such a greenhouse consists of two end walls, PVC pipe arches and longitudinal wooden slats to reinforce the frame. The base of the greenhouse can be made of wooden lumber or make a brick foundation.
On the foundation, you must first install the end walls. They are made on the finished curved arc. Inside the arc (it must be placed on a flat surface and bolted to the wooden bar of the base), the side posts and the upper beam of the door opening are formed. The optimal height of the opening is 190 cm. To strengthen the end, you need to fill one more plank, connecting the edges of the arc and the edges of the upper plate of the door opening. The angle between the sloped plank and the baseplate should be 60-65 degrees. The upper nodes of the end part need to be strengthened with additional planks and wooden plates, since this is where the longitudinal wooden planks of the greenhouse frame will be fastened:
On the sides of the base must be placed vertically metal rods. Their diameter must correspond to the internal diameter of PVC pipes so that the arches are put on the rods. End walls are installed on the base and connected to each other with two upper beams and two middle slats. Mounts strengthenable metal corners.
Arcs are put on reinforced rods and linked to wooden planks with the help of building clips. Do not forget to check the top of the arches and the ends of the level. The finished frame is covered with a film:
Iii. Collapsible mini-greenhouse
From PVC pipes, as from the designer, you can create a small greenhouse for growing greens and vegetables in early spring. To implement this idea, you will need the PVC pipe itself, connecting elements for them, a meter, a jigsaw for metal and any covering material. This design does not need to do bulk. Its height will be up to 1 m., As well as width. You can choose the length at your discretion.
The work will consist of cutting pipes of the desired size and connecting them together with tees and PVC crosspieces. Vertical racks need to be fixed with a transverse strapping, from which the gable roof pipes will be retracted to the ridge top pipe. Attaching the structure to the base is not necessary. You can cover it with foil and use it as a shelter for high beds.
Iv. Arched greenhouse of pipes and polycarbonate
Instead of a film, on the arched frame, built according to the principle described in option No. 1, you can fix cellular polycarbonate, instead of the usual film. When the whole frame and pipes are installed and fixed in the joints, you can begin the installation of polycarbonate. About the rules of working with polycarbonate sheets read in our other materials.
Plastic sheets should be fixed to the arches and ends with the help of special thermo-washers or roofing screws. Polycarbonate cells should be placed vertically.
And more workshops to help beginner greenhouses:
I. How to easily make PVC arc
And now, the promised advice: how easy and smoothly to bend the PVC pipe. To do this, you need to know the exact width of your future greenhouse. Например, для ширины теплицы в 2,5 метра вам необходимо подготовить деревянный брус длиной 250 см и ПВХ трубу 600 см. При таких размерах высота теплицы будет около 2 м. Брус выкладываем на ровную поверхность, а его края ограничиваем набивными планками. У нас получилась заготовка для изгиба дуги.
Трубу прикладываем к внутренней стороне поперечной планки-ограничителя любым концом. Лучше закрепить его временным болтом или саморезом. The other end is slowly brought to the opposite edge of the board and set under the second limiter. We check that the center of the bent pipe is in line with the middle of the wooden beam. In the same way, we bend the remaining arcs for the greenhouse.
Ii. An interesting option for attaching the film to the PVC frame
We want to tell you about the new method of fastening the covering material to the greenhouse frame without seams and fabric punctures. To do this, at the very bottom (as close as possible to the ground) on PVC pipes you need to fasten a longitudinal plank of wood. It is better to use bolts for fastening. On this wooden plank you need to pre-attach a longitudinal groove. As such a groove, you can take the usual plastic plinth with an internal compartment for electrical wires, or any other assembly device. The plinth is fastened to the plank with self-tapping screws, before removing the inner insert. From above we cover the greenhouse with a film so that its edges go behind the bar with the plinth. Material we get into the hole for the wire and close the top cap. Reliable removable mount ready! Such a device is very convenient to use. The film can be removed or tightened if the tension eases.
Iii. Attachment options for plastic pipes to the base
- Armature is a convenient base for PVC pipes. The rods sink into the ground or are inserted into the ground at 2/3 of the depth. The pipes are put on the rods, and the construction is kept even and steady. The easiest option for small greenhouses - the deepening of pipes directly into the soil,
- Pipes can be installed in pits with rubble and cement. This design will be stationary and it can not be disassembled for the winter,
- If a concrete foundation is poured for the greenhouse or a brick foundation has been built, then it is necessary to make holes for PVC rods in it. The ends of the pipe must be wrapped with insulating material and inserted into the prepared holes until it stops,
- PVC can also be easily fixed to a wooden base. In the edges of the box you need to make holes into which metal rods are inserted. The armature is hammered into the ground so that 2/3 of its length is on the surface. Pipes are put on the rods,
- PVC pipes can be installed in water pipes of a larger diameter. It is better if the arches will enter the base tightly. For this, it is worthwhile to select pipes of a slightly larger diameter than the framework pipes.
Video for independent masters
Let's sum up. Plastic-based greenhouses are an advantageous and functional invention. This material is resistant to external influences, withstands a large range of temperatures, it looks neat and holds its shape well. PVC pipes are easy to install and disassemble, compact and can be stored indoors in the winter. This material is a great choice for a country greenhouse with your own hands!
- Quick assembly and disassembly of the structure,
- Compact assembled for storage,
- Light weight
- Low material cost,
- High strength and stability
- The ability to make a design of any shape
- Resistance to temperature extremes and high humidity
- Not subject to corrosion,
- Does not rot and does not "suffer" from parasites and fungus,
- Due to thermal welding they create a monolithic joint,
- Big term of operation,
- Ecological purity of the material.
Preparation for construction: drawings and dimensions
Before the construction of the greenhouse, it is necessary to resolve the issue of installing the foundation. If the greenhouse will be needed only in certain months, then a capital foundation is not required. We will make a wooden base.
It will be necessary to choose a comfortable and level place in the garden, to make sure that the ground does not spread under the mass of the greenhouse. To cover the frame of plastic pipes, we will use plastic film.
Sizes of the arch greenhouse:
- Bending the pipe 6 meters, we get the correct arc,
- The width of the greenhouse is 3.7 meters, height - 2.1 meters, length - 9.8 meters,
The choice of material, tips masters
- When buying plastic pipes, pay attention to the manufacturer. Quality pipes are offered by Czech and Turkish companies. If you want to save money, you can buy Chinese or domestic products.
- For durability it is necessary to take the pipes intended for summing up hot water supply, with a wall thickness of 4.2 mm (diameter inside 16.6 mm and diameter outside 25 mm).
- Connecting fasteners of thermosetting - wall thickness of 3 mm.
- The armature is taken in accordance with the diameter of the pipe to ensure the strength and rigidity of the structure.
Calculation of the required amount of material and tools for work
- Four boards with a section of 2x6 cm - 5 meters,
- Two boards with a section of 2x6 cm - 3.7 meters,
- Fourteen boards with a section of 2x4 cm - 3.7 meters.
- Six-meter plastic pipe with a diameter of 13 mm - 19 pieces.
- Three-meter reinforcement with a diameter of 10 mm - 9 pieces.
- Six-mm polyethylene film - size 6x15.24 meters.
- Wooden pieces of rails with a length of 1.22 m - 50 pieces.
- Screws or nails.
- Fasteners (can be for drywall).
- Butterfly hinges for doors - four pieces and two handles.
For the sides of the greenhouse:
Of the five bars 2x4 cm (length 3.7 m) it is necessary to make the frame of the sides of the structure:
- 11’8 3/4 ”= (2 beams) 3.6 m,
- 1’6 ”= (4 bars) 0.45 m,
- 4’7 ”= (4 bars) 1,4m,
- 5’7 ”= (4 bars) 1,7m,
- 1’11 1/4 ”= (8 bars) 0.6m,
- 4’1 / 4 ”= (2 bars) 1.23m,
- 4 bars 1.5 meters long,
- 4 bars with a length of 1.2 meters.
Tools for work:
- Bulgarian and hacksaw,
- Screwdriver or a set of screwdrivers
- Hand, electric or gasoline saw,
- Construction level and tape measure.
Greenhouse do it yourself from plastic pipes: assembly steps
- For the construction of the base, we cut each rod of the reinforcement into 4 pieces. It should turn out 36 pieces of 75 cm each. To fix the pipes we need 34 pieces. We divide two segments into two equal parts and get 4 rods of 37.5 cm each.
- From boards 2x6 cm lay out the base of a rectangular greenhouse 3.7x9.8 meters. Connect the frame with screws or knock down nails. Making sure that all the angles turned out at 90 °, we fix in them pieces of reinforcement with a length of 37.5 cm.
Polycarbonate Coated Plastic Greenhouse
Polycarbonate is one of the best coating options that will last for many years. This material is resistant to temperature fluctuations, has good thermal insulation properties, does not burn, protects plants from UV rays.
The place for the greenhouse should be even and fully illuminated by the sun. If you use the greenhouse in the winter, you need to install a heating system. It is not rational to build a large greenhouse, as it will be difficult to maintain the required microclimate in it. The height of the structure should be no more than 2 meters. The width of the frame is selected depending on the number of seedlings.
- Plastic pipes (for hot water supply).
- Boards 10x10 cm
- Bar - 2x4 cm
- Polycarbonate sheets.
- Armature - length 80 cm.
- Plastic tees.
- Metal clamps, plastic clamps.
- Construction cord.
- Screws, screws, nails.
- Sand, waterproofing material (roofing material).
Details for doors and windows
- F - 10 pipe lengths of 68 cm.
- L - 8 angle transitions under the pipe at 90 °.
- G - 2 pipe lengths of 1.7 m.
- E - 4 pipe lengths of 1.9 m.
- J - 30 tees.
Tools for work
- High building level.
- Long tape measure at 10 meters.
- Knife for cutting plastic pipes.
- Electric or cordless screwdriver.
- Electric drill.
- Set of drills.
Note summer residents
- If the weather is too hot, then the doors of the greenhouse on both sides of the ends should be opened for ventilation.
- In the northern regions of the country, where there are big snowfalls, it is necessary to remove the polyethylene for the winter, as it can greatly stretch or tear. Also, the snow perfectly protects the soil from freezing, helps to preserve useful substances in it and nourishes the earth with moisture.
Video: how to build a greenhouse from polycarbonate-coated plastic pipes
Greenhouse in the country will allow you to always have fresh vegetables and greens. On your table will be standing year-round salads from fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. You can build a solid and reliable greenhouse with your own hands at minimal cost, since you do not have to pay the masters for the work or buy the finished structure for big money, but only for plastic pipes, a few wooden bars and plastic film.
Advantages and disadvantages of PVC greenhouses
PVC greenhouses are common and in many ways superior to wooden or metal counterparts. This is due to the excellent performance indicators of such products, their low cost and long service life.
Also similar greenhouses have the following advantages:
- Easy assembly procedure. Plastic differs in high plasticity thanks to what it will turn out to create a framework of any size. It does not require special skills or devices.
- Low weight. If necessary, the greenhouse can be easily moved from one place to another without dismantling procedure. In this case, the frame can be disassembled and reassembled in a short time, so that during frost it will be possible to protect the structure.
- Excellent level of wear resistance. Plastic pipe does not require finishing with special protective solutions and mixtures. The material is not afraid of changing temperatures, moisture and fire.
- Low cost. The overall cost of arranging the plastic frame will be significantly less than when building wooden or metal varieties. Such a product will not need to be repaired, damaged areas can be easily restored or completely replaced.
- Greenhouses have a rather attractive appearance and will easily fit into any interior of the summer cottage.
The greenhouse of the original form will decorate the site
The main disadvantage of this choice can be considered low stability in strong winds. The design can sway heavily and even break away from the surface. But this minus can be easily leveled by installing supports at the corners or perimeter of the structure.
Varieties of greenhouses
Such facilities may have a film or polycarbonate coating. Quite a popular solution is the arched design. It has the following types:
- With a box on the basis of boards and arcs, strung on rods of steel.
- With plastic frame, arcs and tees of similar material.
Greenhouse with wooden box
Also often equip a greenhouse with a gable roof. It can have the following varieties:
- With film cladding.
- Coated on the basis of polycarbonate.
Professional gardeners often recommend using double-layer PVC-based greenhouses. Such facilities have an excellent level of thermal insulation, as inside the greenhouse is reliably protected by polycarbonate sheets. Such designs give 3 times less heat than conventional counterparts.
On our website you can find contacts of construction companies that offer the installation of greenhouses and similar turnkey structures. Directly you can talk with representatives by visiting the exhibition of houses "Low-Rise Country".
Preparing to install a greenhouse
Installation of greenhouses from PVC pipes requires careful preparation. You will need to complete the following procedures:
- Develop a greenhouse project
- Calculate the amount of material needed for construction work.
The quality of the erected structure depends on the correctness of these works.
Greenhouse project and material calculation
If the work will be done by an experienced builder, then if he wishes, he will be able to independently develop a project and carry out drawings for it. In other cases, it is recommended to use ready-made designs. Drawings of such constructions can be found on the Internet or in various magazines related to gardening. Often the schemes are quite detailed, so no complications should arise.
Often, an arched structure with a length of 6 m, a width of 3 m, and a height of 2 m is chosen. Such dimensions provide an optimal space for plants, and the height of the building allows a person to be in it. The length can be extended if desired.
The scheme of the greenhouse of plastic pipes
To assemble the product you will need the following materials:
- Polypropylene pipe with a diameter of about 30 mm and a length of 70 m.
- Boards to create a box. You will need boards with dimensions of 2.5 by 20 by 600 cm.
- Boards for the construction of the ridge and longitudinal panel. You will need products with dimensions of 2 to 9 by 600 cm.
- Boards to create a door and enhance the gable. It will be necessary to purchase panels 2 by 7 by 300 cm.
- Cross fitting. It is selected based on the size of the pipe.
- Fitting tee. It is selected similarly to the crosspiece.
- Self-tapping screws of any kind.
- Polyethylene for the reinforcement of structures.
- Hinges for mounting doors or vents.
Quite often, the project provides that in the winter the cover will be removed from the greenhouse. If it was decided to abandon this, then the interval between the arches can be slightly increased. This will prevent damage to structures under pressure from the snow. Also for such structures will need to use a longer pipe.
Recommendations on the choice of material
Plastic pipes come in several types. For arranging greenhouses polypropylene, PVC or metal-plastic varieties are best suited. All of them are characterized by good strength, protection from the effects of temperature, moisture and mechanical pressure.
Polypropylene material is poorly bent and has thick surfaces, but if you wish, you can bend the arch. PVC and metal-plastic types are made on the basis of a softer plastic, the coating thickness of which is 1.5 mm, so that you can bend them without any problems. If you use softer products, experts advise to reduce the interval between the arches.
PVC pipe greenhouse
When choosing boards, it is better to give preference to larch materials. Pine and spruce rocks do not have optimal protection against moisture, and after a while it may be necessary to replace the panels. Boards for the base should be selected in the same way. Also do not forget about the antiseptic lining.
First you need to prepare all the necessary tools:
- Hammer and mallet.
- Hacksaw for processing metal and wood.
- Level and roulette for measuring.
- Sharp knife.
Greenhouse construction procedure
After all materials are prepared, you can proceed to the main work. It is best to carry out a similar procedure together, additional help will not interfere with bending and installation of pipes. The process consists of the following steps:
- Preparation of the area for the arrangement of the structure.
- Build the box.
- Build the frame.
- Facing the frame film.
Installation of the greenhouse is carried out on site, which will be well lit by the sun throughout the day. The surface must be flat, without holes. For marking, you will need to use a shovel, stakes and thread based on nylon.
Preparation of the place under the greenhouse
The preparation procedure is as follows:
- On the site with a tape measure is marked by a rectangle. On each side you will need to make an interval of about 30-50 cm, while taking into account the dimensions of the future structure. In the corners of the rectangle mounting pegs are carried out, and between them the thread is stretched.
- Along the perimeter of the plot, the top layer of soil is removed and a hole is pulled out with a depth of about 25 cm. Roofing material is laid at its bottom with an overlap of 10 cm and rubble is poured from all sides. The thickness of the backfill layer should be approximately 10 cm.
- If the plot has an irregularity greater than 5 cm, then before digging the pit, you will need to level the surface. You can pour the soil, or vice versa remove it. The first method is optimal.
If the height difference is too large, for example, the construction of the structure is carried out on a slope, then a wall on the basis of a brick or timber treated with protective solutions should be laid under the subsidence area. Then dumping is performed until the terrain is completely level.
The greenhouse of the pipes has a box in its design. For its assembly and installation will need to perform the following procedures:
- The wood panel for the box is installed based on the size of the greenhouse. For this, 2 products with a length of 3 and 6 m are used. The panels are connected using self-tapping screws. The short panel should be directed to the end of the long board, then 2 screws are screwed in with an interval of about 20 mm from the edge. To increase the strength of the structure, a corner based on steel is installed in the corners.
- The assembled structure is treated with antiseptic wood compounds and installed in a pit. The visible area should not be raised above the ground surface by more than 10 cm. To raise the box to the required height, you can pour a small amount of sand.
- Inside the pit, you need to install special holders for arches. They should be installed around the perimeter of the box, no more than 10 cm of the product should stick out from the ground.
- The final stage will be filling the pit and checking the correctness of the placement of holders using a level.
The assembly procedure for such a structure consists of the following works:
- At the end of each pipe is installed acquired PVC tee. For arranging the longitudinal sections in the lower part of the frame, it will be necessary to measure the spacing between the crosspieces and cut the necessary blank from the pipe.
- Cut products are mounted in crosses. При необходимости ее можно будет повернуть, а для обеспечения качественной усадки слегка забить с помощью молотка.
- Перед монтажом дуги специалисты советуют согнуть трубу до придания необходимого изгиба. После чего производится монтаж трубы в тройник и ее сгиб до формирования дуги необходимой высоты.
- When the arches are installed, you will need to strengthen the building with the use of boards. To do this, the panel is installed from the inside of the frame. Fastening is done with screws.
- The ridge board is installed from the outside of the frame. To do this, it is placed on top and attached with screws to the arches. The length of the mount must not be more than 40 mm.
- To increase the strength of the gables and the ends of the structure, wooden panels are also used. Blanks of the required size are cut with a hacksaw.
- Installation of end bases is in progress. To ensure good stability, a longitudinal board is installed between them. After that, similar procedures are performed to create supports at the edges.
- From the boards are cut blanks for mounting the door. With the help of screws and a corner of steel going frame for the door. Plywood is suitable for facing the bottom of the structure.
To install the door, you need to divide the loop into parts. One of them is attached at the top and bottom of the central base, and the other - on the design box. Then the door is finished with a film and mounted in the prepared opening.
Facing the frame film
For such a procedure will need to carefully adhere to the technology work. The procedure is as follows:
- Reinforced fabric with a thickness of 200 μm spreads along the frame so that the same distance remains from the ends and from the bottom.
- For fixing the film are used blanks on the basis of pipes about 60 cm long, which are mounted in the lower part of the structure. They are attached to the longitudinal tube and attached with screws.
- Greenhouse blank walls are treated in the same way. The fabric is gently tensioned between the supports and attached with the help of battens made of wood and nails.
Greenhouse of pipes and reinforced film
In order to avoid fabric fluttering under strong wind, it will be necessary to fasten it in several parts of the framework. To do this, you can use special sliding brackets or small pieces of plastic pipes.
It can be interesting! In the article on the following link read about the winter greenhouse.
Installation of greenhouses based on PVC pipes will be an excellent solution for a country site. The cost of construction is minimal, but it will be of great benefit. The works are not labor intensive, so even a beginner in the construction craft can cope with them. The main thing is to carefully follow all instructions and recommendations.