Modern breeders grow more than 200 species of these attractive animals. Many of them are divorced for the sake of aesthetic pleasure, others for obtaining valuable fur and skins. However, the most profitable direction in the rabbit - food. Popularity enjoy breeds of rabbit meat , which are characterized by precocity, rapid growth and developed muscle mass.
When choosing a breed for breeding, you need to take into account that there are differences between them, namely:
- fat content of meat
- according to taste characteristics
- by productivity.
Choosing the right breed, which is characterized by precocity and rapid growth, the breeder will receive a good profit. Giving preference to the breed of rabbits in the meat direction, first of all it is necessary to focus on broilers.
Overview and characteristics of the breed rabbits meat
There are three main breeds of meat direction, namely:
- New Zealand red rabbit.
- New Zealand white rabbit.
- Rabbit California breed.
Consider the description and productive characteristics of each breed of broiler rabbits separately.Photo: New Zealand Red Rabbit.
The New Zealand red rabbit is one of the most popular and common breeds that has been grown for over 100 years. The New Zealand red rabbit bred from America back in 1910. Breed obtained for the purpose of industrial breeding to meet the increased demand for kolyatinu. Genetics were based on wild rabbits and Belgian rabbits. The bred breed was named the New Zealand red rabbit, and was distinguished by its rapid growth, fleshy physique.
The animal has a brown-red, short and thick coat. There are individuals red-yellow and bright red, less often - fiery. The fur of the New Zealand red rabbit is very much appreciated by high quality. His coat is hard, thick, shiny. Its length is about 3-4 cm, it covers the entire body of the animal evenly and completely. Therefore, many designers prefer to use the skins of this furry animal when sewing outerwear.
The New Zealand rabbit has a small body, short muzzle. Fleshy ears are about 12 cm long, their eyes are dark brown. In New Zealand red animals, the muscles of the chest and back are very well developed. Hoisted short, but quite strong and muscular.
The weight of an adult male is about 4 kg. Females are slightly larger and weigh about 5 kg. The body of the rabbit is long, about 50 cm. The animal easily tolerates adverse weather conditions. Regarding nutrition, it is absolutely not picky, it eats almost any food offered by the owner.
There is no great difficulty in keeping and breeding New Zealand mammals, especially in summer. Many breeders put a furry animal in a portable cage in which rabbits graze on the grass. After it is eaten, the cell is transferred to a new location. It is important to provide the animal with adequate and high-quality nutrition, which can include the following feed, namely:
- hay and branch feed,
- seasonal feed.
It is important to give a variety of foods, which include vitamins and minerals, as well as protein.
Rabbits are distinguished by fecundity and high milkiness. At one time, the female gives birth to about 7 healthy rabbits and independently manage their feeding. Kids grow very fast and are gaining weight well.
Growing up red rabbits, it is important to bear in mind that this is a rather timid animal, which is frightened by any loud sounds, and even by bright light. Pets and fast moving people lead to stress, which leads to loss of appetite. Four-tailed begin to hurt, especially if the listed irritating factors affect constantly.Photo: New Zealand White Rabbit.
Broiler breeds can be supplemented with the New Zealand white rabbit, which is bred for the sake of valuable skins and dietary meat. This breed of rabbits is the most profitable in relation to meat products. White fluffy animals are distinguished by their calm character, friendly disposition and resistance to stress factors. New Zealand rabbits are decorated with snow-white wool without any impregnations. The head is small in size, the eyes are pink. Thin, hairy and erect ears have a length of about 10-13 cm. The body of a compact size has a length of 47-50 cm. The live weight of males reaches about 4-5 kg.
Cultivation of New Zealand white rabbits is a very cost-effective occupation. These animals are leaders in precocity and growth. Females are able to mate and give birth to baby rabbits already from 4.5 months. One rabbit brings about 8 rabbits. Juveniles grow at such an intensive rate that at 3 months of age one individual has a weight of about 2.8 kg. Studies show that if animals are fed with high-quality and concentrated food, then for 3 kg of feed consumed the meat gain will be 1 kg. At the same time meat of the New Zealand rabbits does not contain fat.Photo: California breed rabbit.
California breed rabbit - representative of broilers. A hybrid was developed when breeders work with such breeds, namely:
- Russian Gornostaeva,
- New Zealand White,
- Soviet chinchilla.
This breed of rabbits is ideal for breeding on large farms or in small private possessions, at home.
Rabbits of the Californian breed are easily recognizable by their unusual color. Most of the body is painted white. Only long ears and nose, paws and tail are dark brown. The breeders especially appreciate the rabbit meat lumbar area with well-developed muscles. The bones of Californian rabbits are thin and light, the chest is wide and muscular.
According to the original plan of the breeders, the breed was bred to obtain a good and high-quality skin, therefore the fur of animals is thick and shiny. California rabbits are classified as meat breeds, but are excellent for breeding in order to obtain high-quality fur and leather.
The weight of an adult, 7-month-old rabbit is about 5 kg. However, the period of intensive growth ends at 5 months, when the live weight of the animal is about 4 kg. It was during this period that many breeders decide to send the animal for slaughter, since it is impractical to keep it off.
Proceeding from productivity, all breeds are divided in the following areas:
- meat-sandpaper. Animals are raised to produce meat and skins,
- meat. These are broiler animals with a special body structure to ensure maximum meat yield,
- sandpaper. The fur of these animals is valued for its beauty. It imitates the skins of other animals: chinchillas, squirrels, lynxes, foxes,
- downy Breeds in this direction have long hair (up to 12 cm).
Decorative species and purebred (village) rabbits close the classification.
Features of large rabbits
The best meat breeds of rabbits are small in size, but have the highest meat yield (over 60%). Its tastes are excellent, it lacks excess fat.
Rabbit meat breeds have good fertility (8-11 rabbits in the litter), they grow quickly: a 2-month-old rabbit weighs 2 kg, and an adult male at 5 months - 4-5 kg. All animals of the meat direction are early ripening. Young animals reach sexual maturity at the age of 5 months. Due to the high milkiness of the little rabbit and its good maternal qualities, the survival rate of the offspring is usually very high.
Animals are unpretentious, with proper care, they practically do not get sick, they can live in any climatic conditions.
The best breeds
The best breeds of rabbits in the meat direction have compact body size, a small head with short ears, and developed muscles. All of them have high-quality, pleasant to the touch, fur coat. Weight of adults within 5 kg. These include the following breeds:
- New Zealand (white and red). She appeared as a result of crossing a giant Flandre with a Belgian hare. The main color is red and white. Representatives of these species are characterized by a cylindrical body, a wide chest, a rounded back and muscular croup, and straight, strong legs. Young in 3 months weighs about 3 kg. The animals of the New Zealand breed have a good character: they are friendly, obedient, do not show aggression, communicate well with children and other animals. Ears and muzzle may have a small dark edging.
- Californian. In Europe, breeding rabbits of the California breed started 40 years ago. When crossing, representatives of 3 breeds were used: chinchilla, white New Zealand, Himalayan. The main suit Californians white. Black spots begin to appear on the skin (on the limbs, nose, ears, tail) when the young are 2 months old. Animals are well suited for industrial breeding, can live even in bad conditions. With a good fattening in 2 months the young can reach a weight of 2.2 kg.
- The white pannon is the result of the crossing of animals of 3 species: the white giant, the Californian, the New Zealand white. Pannon has a small head with short protruding ears, a fluffy white skin. Answers all qualities of meat breeds.
All listed rabbits are broilers.
Who are broilers
Broilers are early hybrids. These include breeds strictly meat direction. Broiler rabbits breeding is quite simple. The animals grow especially fast in the first 3 months, gaining weight up to 2.5-3 kg. From 2 months of age, youngsters go to the slaughter. The less age, the greater the yield of meat.
Those rabbit breeders who grow broilers get good results by crossing Californian females with New Zealand males. The resulting hybrids turn out to be the best rabbits in their qualities, but not suitable for the breeding stock, because the next generation will show degraded qualities.
In breeding work, male broilers are used as producers to improve the qualities of other breeds.
Experienced breeders advise having 1 male New Zealand red breed and 3 females of the giant or Soviet chinchilla breed in order to breed a population sufficient to provide the family with meat.
Cultivation of these animals is not difficult: they live in any climatic conditions, tolerate frost well, so they can be kept in cages all year round outdoors. They rarely get sick, unpretentious to feed. For a year, a broiler female can have 3-5 okrols of 8-10 rabbits per litter. The female is highly molar and has good maternal instincts.
It is important to keep in mind that traditional food consisting of grass, grains and potatoes is not suitable for a broiler rabbit, otherwise it will not show its qualities to the full. The ration should consist of a balanced feed (full ration), hay and water. Moreover, hay is used year-round so that there is no transition from one type of feed to another when the season changes. It prevents gastric diseases. Food should be rich in proteins, so it is desirable to give in the form of additives, cake, oil meal, meat and fish meal, dairy products.
The composition of feed must include the following components:
- cereals (corn, oats, wheat, barley, legumes) - at least 40%,
- minerals and vitamins: tricalcium phosphate, Chiktonik, Prodevit, chalk, special premixes,
- substances rich in protein: meat and bone meal and fish meal, soybean meal, sunflower cake, wheat bran,
With special equipment, you can prepare feed at home.
Broiler breeds are suitable for cultivation in the country. To do this, you need to have females of the New Zealand or Red Californian breed, and the male - a gray or white giant. During the summer season, each female will lead to 2 offspring, and for slaughter it is already possible to let the 3-month-old young.
It is best to buy rabbits for breeding on specialized farms or from experienced breeders.
These include Flandres, white and gray giants. They are considered representatives of the meat and skin direction. Inexperienced rabbit breeders may mistakenly think that of all breeds of rabbits it is more profitable to breed giants. In fact, it is not. Giant rabbits have several disadvantages.
- Sexual maturity comes later, at 6-7 months (even at 8 Flandres).
- They are susceptible to diseases of the limbs due to their heavy weight.
- They require additional maintenance costs: they need spacious cages with a wooden floor, a large amount of feed, because they are more voracious.
- The diet should contain an increased amount of protein.
- Have a smaller litter - 7-8 rabbits.
- There are difficulties when approached due to the large weight of babies.
- Rabbits can be born with limb defects.
Although giants have a lot of weight, but the yield of meat is less than that of broilers. The positive aspects of the giants include the high survival rate of baby rabbits, a calm disposition, and good maternal qualities. The female of the gray giant is so vysokoolochnoy that it can feed even other rabbits.
Among the large breeds there are real giants - they are Flandres and the German giant, or Risen. Rizena can weigh from 12 to 15 kg. Grow up to 75 cm in length, their skin with thick wool. Ears are straight and long. Color of various colors: sand, gray, black, blue. They can be safely attributed to meat breeds, because the yield of meat is the largest - 80%. Rabbits retain their productivity for 5 years, and it is best to send them to slaughter at the age of 2-3 years.
Flandres, or the Belgian giants, were bred at the beginning of the 19th century. Their body weight reaches 12 kg, torso length - 65-70 cm. 3-month-old young growth weighs 2, 5 kg.
The distinctive feature of the flanders is wide and long ears. You can recognize them by the big head and the concave back. Thick cheeks give the rabbits a benign look, but they have a formidable weapon: large powerful paws. The color of the Flandres is the most diverse - from white to black, including shades of red, as well as blue.
Flandres are smart, so they are sometimes kept as pets. Other positive qualities include high fertility and disease resistance. Females give 7-8 young rabbits, maximum - 15.
Rabbit breeding as a business requires new and improved breeds. For breeding work Flandres and white giants are most often used.
Initially, it was considered decorative. But adult males have a weight of more than 5 kg, and young in 3 months weighs almost 4 kg. This was the reason that they were attributed to the meat direction and breed like rabbits for meat.
This is lop-eared little animals. Their head resembles the head of a ram. There are several varieties: German, English, French and Meissen ram. Due to their long (up to 50 cm) sagging ears, they are hard to hear, therefore they are not at ease. The disadvantage is the small litter - 4-7 rabbits (only in the French sheep - 8-10).
Other meat breeds
The following breeds of rabbits belong to the meat-skin direction, but they have a large live weight, so they are grown for meat that is tastier and more nutritious than beef. Deservedly popular are several breeds.
- Soviet chinchilla. It has a valuable silver fur, resembling chinchilla fur. The female in the offspring 8-9 rabbits, the youngsters are growing rapidly. Adult krol weighs 5-5.5 kg.
- Burgundian rabbits to a greater extent are raised as rabbits of meat breeds. Their fur is like a fox fur coat. The female has excellent milkiness and fecundity (up to 12 rabbits). Animals are unpretentious in food, resistant to diseases.
- The silver rabbit is bred for meat because the young growth is rapidly growing, and the female gives good offspring. But they are demanding to the conditions of detention: they can not be in a confined space, where animals become aggressive, their viability decreases. Therefore, they must live under a canopy in light cells.
The blue rabbit, the Thuringian, the butterfly and the rex are not considered large animals, the mass of an adult male does not exceed 4-4.5 kg. More appreciated their skins.
Breeding rabbits is not a difficult production, if you fulfill all the requirements for their content. Success is half dependent on proper animal care.
It is impossible to say what kind of rabbits are better to say, everyone decides for himself. Most rabbit breeders prefer meat or meat-skin sand.
Broilers are the fastest growing and breeding animals, which, however, require increased attention to feed.
White New Zealand
An adult animal in 5 months gains weight 4-5 kg. Their carcasses are well shot down and compact, there is no excess fatty deposits. This breed comes from America, in our country gained popularity in the 70s of the last century. Adults have a body length of 50 cm, increasing the weight of 4-5 kg.
Females of the New Zealand species are the most prolific and caring, for one okrol they are able to bring 7-8 pups. Также эти животные имеют доброжелательный, спокойный нрав, хорошо приживаются в сеточных вольерах. Цена мяса животного этой породы одна из самых высоких.
Убойный мясной выход у кроликов таких пород также высок. Каждая особь может принести хозяину до 70% отличного диетического мяса. Случать представителей этого мясного ряда можно в возрасте 4-5 месяцев (при наборе веса в 3-4 кг).
Одна из самых неприхотливых и простых в разведении мясных пород. Rabbits have a high fecundity, can please you with 8-10 rabbits. Californians lose a little in live weight than New Zealanders. The weight of rabbits at the age of 5 months reaches 3-4 kg. But then they grow faster - in 3 months young animals weigh about 3 kg.
Rabbits of this breed are quite fleshy, but do not have excess fat deposits. Their main advantage is a good innate immunity, resistance to diseases and excellent adaptability to the conditions of detention.
The bigger the rabbit, the better?
The main mistake of the beginner breeders is to assume that the more the rabbit weighs, the more profitable it is. Giant rabbits look quite impressive. But they are far from being as effective in breeding in the meat direction as you can imagine. The main disadvantages of these breeds are:
- Late ripeness To start the case of giants, you must wait until they reach the age of 6-7 months. The weight of males should be at least 5-6 kg, rabbit 4-5 kg.
- Demanding care. For large animals, large-sized cages are necessary, which is quite financially disadvantageous.
- Such rabbits are less prolific.
- A more costly diet (they need more protein) for the sake of increasing meat yield up to 57%. It is necessary to carefully monitor their diet to prevent obesity (this is bad for mating).
- When growing giants, you will have to face problems in the field of their health - their limbs are very often hurt because of their great weight. In the litter there may be individuals with deformed paws.
- The little rabbits of these breeds often have difficulty getting around, and the small rabbits often die during childbirth.
Among the advantages can be distinguished disease resistance, good offspring, calm, friendly, phlegmatic nature of the giants. These breeds are meat and animal directions. Besides good meat, skins of meat rabbits are also in demand (for fur and felt production). Due to the large size, the price of the skins is quite high.
White giant. Their weight can reach 7 kg, the length of the carcass is up to 65 cm. Females are very prolific, in one okrol can bring 10-15 cubs. Meat yield 54-57%.
Gray giant. Body length up to 66 cm, weight reaches 7.5 kg. Females can bring up to 7-11 rabbits. Meat yield 55-57%.
Flandre (Belgian giant). The largest of the giants. The weight of an adult male can reach 12 kg, the length of the body is up to 75 cm. But the females are less prolific, bring up to 5 rabbits. The case of rabbits of this breed is possible only at the age of 9 months. Meat yield 54%. Read more about Flandr rabbits.
In our country, this breed appeared only two decades ago. Burgundy rabbits differ slightly elongated, muscular torso and red color. But in fur production the skin of individuals of such a breed has a not very high price due to the poor quality of the density of the hair. These animals are more suited to the meat direction. An adult male reaches a weight of 5.5 kg.
But the fecundity of females is very good - she can bring up to 12 rabbits. The Burgundian breed is early ripening. At the age of 4 months, rabbits are ready for mating (they reach the weight of an adult male). Animals of such breeds are distinguished by excellent immunity, have a powerful organism. Meat yield up to 65%.
Rabbits of this genus with beautiful fur were bred by crossing a white giant with an ordinary chinchilla. Animals of such breeds are famous not only for tasty meat, but also for high-quality skins, which have a good price. They are perfectly adapted to our climate, unpretentious. The weight of an adult male reaches 5 kg.
Females have good fertility, bring up to 8 rabbits in a single field. Rabbits grow quite actively, their weight reaches 4 kg by 4 months, and they are ready for mating. The meat yield is about 59%.
This breed appeared in England and was considered decorative for a long time. Rabbits of the German sheep stand out of all the particularly long ears that have to be fastened with clips. The weight of adults reaches 5.5 kg. Rams have good immunity, quite unpretentious in the care.
By minus rabbits of such breeds carry the poor fecundity of females (for one okrol she brings only 3-6 cubs). But rabbits are active in growth, by the age of 3 months they reach a weight of 3-4 kg. Meat yield 55-57%.
The competent choice of breed of a meat rabbit, the correct leaving and the maintenance will make your business highly profitable production. Good luck!
Large rabbits or giants
- Flandre. Belgian roots. It has a long body, wide chest, slightly humped back. The fur is thick and beautiful. Color - dark gray, yellow-gray, hare. Meat yield - 80%. The weight of an adult individual reaches 12 kg, the body is 65–70 cm long. At three months of age it weighs 2.5 kg. Fecundity is high. Females in offspring give from 7–8 rabbits to 15.
- German giant (rizen). The weight of an adult animal is from 12 to 15 kg. Body length up to 75 cm. Ears long and straight. Fur with thick hair. Color - black, sand, gray, blue. Meat yield - 83%.
- White giant. The breed appeared in the nineteenth century, has Germanic-Belgian roots. The body is elongated, strong. The rib cage is well developed. The back is long and straight. The coat is pure white, thick. For white giants, the average weight is 5–5.5 kg, some individuals can reach a weight of 8 kg. The female, on average, gives 7-8 rabbits per okol. Meat yield - 83%.
- Gray giant. Gaining weight quickly, easy to maintain. The body of these rabbits downed, strong. The output of meat from one carcass to 83%. The female has a good maternal instinct, it can even feed other rabbits. The size and fecundity are roughly comparable to the white giant rabbits. The color is gray, which is why the breed was named.
General characteristics of giants
Representatives of these breeds very similar to each other. The average meat yield is 60%, and live weight starts from 5 kg. Rabbits of lesser weight from breeding herds are rejected. Mostly giants weigh 6–7 kg, but sometimes they can reach 8–12 kg.
All giants have perfectly developed croup with powerful powerful hind legs, it is in these places that the bulk of the body is concentrated. The body is 60 to 75 cm long. The head is large and wide, has proportional characteristics in relation to the body. The cheeks are pronounced, developed, well marked.
Some inexperienced breeders believe that it is more profitable to breed giants because of their large size. However, this opinion is erroneous., because these rabbits have several disadvantages:
- Late puberty (mainly in 6–7 months, and in Flandres even in 8 months).
- Because of the large weight, there are problems with diseases of the limbs.
- The need for keeping spacious cages with wooden floor.
- Rabbits giants are more voracious. They need a large amount of feed, with an increased protein content.
- Litter of 7–8 rabbits is considered small in comparison with representatives of other breeds.
- The emergence of problems when approached due to the large weight of baby rabbits.
- Toddlers are often born with limb defects.
The positive qualities of the giants include their calm disposition, the excellent survival rate of the little rabbits, and the excellent maternal qualities.
A balanced diet enriched with protein and carbohydrates is a necessary source of nutrition for building muscle mass in animals. Young animals that are grown for breeding purposes, intensive feeding is not necessary, so the basis of their diet is hay, consisting of herbs rich in phosphorus and calcium. But for beef herd it is necessary to include concentrates in the diet, i.e. grain.
Some farmers prefer to include whole grains richer in carbohydrates (corn, barley) in the diet. But many breeders prefer a balanced feed, which can be prepared independently. The composition of feed must necessarily be the following components:
- At least 40% of grain crops (oats, barley, wheat, legumes, corn).
- Be sure to vitamins and minerals.
- Protein-rich substances (meat and bone meal, sunflower cake, wheat bran, soybean meal).
Hay in the feeder in a rabbit should be constantly. Calcium is the richest in alfalfa hay.
Breeding rabbits giants
All representatives of the giant rabbits are late maturing. Therefore, they are allowed to reproduce not earlier than the age of 8 months. If the rabbits are kept for the development of the breeding herd, it is desirable to take them from the age of 10 months.
On average, for one okrol, rabbits of these breeds bring 10–12 rabbits each. When captive breeding rabbits meat breeds on the floor it is necessary to lay a thick layer of hay, because it is from the hay and build a rabbit nests for the withdrawal of offspring. The ideal option is considered to be mixed bedding when a layer of hay or straw creeps over a layer of sawdust.
Rabbits of breed gray giant or the white giant is more adapted for life in the conditions of the Russian climate. And although European breeds are much larger, it is necessary to take into account in their breeding the need to create more comfortable conditions for keeping, which naturally affects the increase in costs. European breeds are much worse than the cold.
Rabbits of strictly meat direction belong to broiler breeds. It is very easy to breed broilers today. these are the best meat breeds of rabbits.
- New Zealand breed (white and red). This breed was reared as a result of crossing the Flandre giant with a Belgian hare. Color - white and red. Representatives of this species have a broad chest, a cylindrical body with a rounded back, strong straight legs and muscular croup. The muzzle and the ears may have a dark little edging. At the age of 3 months the young growth reaches a weight of 3 kg.
- California breed. To breed this breed of rabbits in Europe began about 40 years ago. Three breeds of rabbits (white New Zealand, chinchilla and Himalayan) were used for crossing this breed. White suit is the main for Californian rabbits. Animals of this breed are perfectly suited for industrial breeding, as they can safely live even in bad conditions. Subject to good nutrition, juveniles can reach a weight of 2.2 kg by the age of two months.
- White pannon. This breed was obtained by crossing three breeds: Californian, New Zealand White and White giant. Pannon has a white fluffy skin. This breed includes all the positive qualities of meat rabbits.
Features of the content and diet of rabbits broiler breeds
Rabbits of broiler breeds can live in any climatic conditions. They are considered to be frost-resistant, so they can be kept all year round outdoors in a cage.
Rabbits of broiler breeds may have 3-5 okrols per year, while bringing on 8-10 rabbits per okol. Females have a well-developed maternal instinct. The presence of a large amount of milk for feeding the young, allows the female broiler breeds to grow even foreign rabbits.
Broiler breed rabbits are unpretentious to feed. But in order to satisfy their meat qualities the diet should be fully balanced. It should include complete feed, hay and water. Moreover, the hay should be used for food year-round to eliminate transitions from one feed to another in the offseason. This diet allows you to avoid frequent gastric diseases. In the form of additives to feed, you must give oil meal, cake, meat and fish meal.
Broiler rabbits are great for breeding in the country. The best breeding option would be if you have females of New Zealand or Californian red breed and a male white or gray giant. Each female for the summer season is able to give two offspring. A young in three months from birth can already be allowed for slaughter.
Remember what is the acquisition of rabbits for breeding It is desirable to carry out on specialized breeding farms or from experienced rabbit breeders.
The advantages of breeding rabbits broilers
Growing broiler, or, as they are also called, meat rabbits has several advantages:
- good fertility - the female usually brings from 7 to 9 rabbits,
- the rapid maturation of offspring, reaching optimum height and weight by 4 months,
- rabbits have a well-developed maternal instinct, thanks to which the young are grown without much difficulty,
- the ability to use sexually mature rabbits for mating, regardless of the season,
- uncomplicated content - they can be grown in mesh cells,
- low feed consumption, because using only 2.5 kilograms of feed, you can get 1 kilogram of live weight of the rabbit.
Choosing for growing broiler rabbits, you should choose the most appropriate breed, because they differ in a number of productive characteristics. Below are the main breeds of meat rabbits.
The color of their skin is dazzling-white, the body is elongated, and the head is neatly planted. Ears upright medium length. The neck is short, and the chest is well developed, the musculature is well defined, and the bones are light. The eyes of the representatives of this breed are red.
- adult weight is about 5 kilograms,
- body length - 60 centimeters,
- slaughter age comes in 3 months
- meat yield - up to 62%,
- About 9–10 cubs per litter.
Features of maintenance and care
Rabbits-broilers are unpretentious in care, however, some features of their correct content should be followed:
- they do not need a large living space - arrange small cells,
- for pets you need to make good ventilation in the home - the accumulation of harmful vapors is bad for their immunity,
- it is necessary to maintain cleanliness in cages and rabbitry. The products of animal life and the remaining food must be cleaned daily. Feeders and drinkers are periodically washed and disinfected,
- the work of the necessary vaccination. Ears must be vaccinated against diseases such as myxomatosis and VGBK. Vaccines for other diseases are applied as needed.
- to protect broilers from diseases, it is necessary to protect them from dampness and drafts,
- it is important to constantly monitor the state of health of animals and pay attention to the slightest indisposition, such as poor appetite, lethargy, dull hair, indigestion, etc.,
- feeding 2–3 times a day with balanced feed, hay and water,
- in the form of additives in the diet, use meat and fish meal, dairy products, cake.
In rabbit breeders, broilers have received a special location due to high-quality breeding and rapid growth, in addition, their content also does not cause much trouble. Choosing a suitable breed of broiler rabbits for breeding, you will be fully provided with good dietary meat.