Every summer resident, who has at his disposal several hectares of land, wants to dispose of them in the best possible way. Selection of tomato seeds sometimes becomes difficult. After all, there are a great many varieties, and you need to stop at just a few. Let's see what the best varieties offer breeders for growing in the suburbs.
The best varieties of tomatoes for the Moscow region
To make a rating of varieties of tomatoes suitable for cultivation in the Moscow region, it is necessary to take into account the growing conditions and the purpose of the crop. It's one thing if you plant tomatoes in a greenhouse, and quite another if you have to grow them in open ground.
Excellent salad varieties suitable for fresh consumption, but will be unsuitable for preservation. And on the contrary, tomatoes with firm pulp and dense skin, from which excellent preparations for the winter will turn out, can disappoint with their taste, if you eat them fresh and are not suitable for making juice. Therefore, you should definitely consider the following factors:
- For planting in open ground or collapsible greenhouse suitable early varieties of bush or standard tomatoes. In this case, the crop will have time to ripen, and the tomatoes can be harvested before late blight.
- If you are the owner of a capital greenhouse, the ripening time can not pay special attention. In this case, be guided by the maximum height of the bushes and the taste of tomatoes.
- When buying seeds, you should pay attention to zoned varieties that are suitable for growing in the suburbs. As a rule, local stores and markets take into account the demand and import tomato seeds suitable for cultivation in a specific climate zone.
- If you are not able to visit the suburban area often, choose small-fruited varieties. Large tomatoes require garters and more frequent watering. Small tomatoes need less attention, they are content with irregular care.
- For salads, choose varieties with high sugar content. For juices and purees suitable fruit with thin skin. If you want to preserve tomatoes, stop the choice on elastic fleshy fruits with a thick skin.
For many of them, proven varieties of tomatoes suitable for growing in the middle lane have become a favorite. Summer residents plant year after year the same tomatoes and are happy with the result. The top ranks of the rating are the following greenhouse varieties:
High-yield universal variety suitable for most regions. Crop ripening occurs in the last summer month and lasts until frost. The period from the moment of emergence of shoots to maturation of the crop lasts 125-130 days. Indeterminate shrub, more than 2 m tall. The plant is resistant to phytophthora. The shape of the fruit is oval, their color can be pink, yellow, red, black. The average weight of fruits - 70-90 g. From one bush receive up to 4 kg of a crop.
The taste of the fruit is excellent, they are well stored, ideal for fresh consumption, suitable for canning.
Treats early ripe high-yielding hybrids. Indeterminate bush grows in height to 1.5-1.8 m, requires garters, pinching, intensive dressings. When these conditions are met, the tomato yields an excellent yield. Maturation lasts 100 days. The very first fruits are larger, they can weigh more than 100 grams. In the future, the average weight of tomatoes is 40-60 g. Maturation occurs together. Fruits are red in color, round in shape.
Variety tolerates transportation, resistant to diseases. Tomatoes can be eaten fresh, and harvested for future use.
Also one of the vintage varieties that have retained their popularity. The growing season lasts 95-100 days. Low-growing bushes, 35-50 cm tall. The variety is resistant to late blight, but may be affected by bacterial spotting. Up to 7.5 kg of fruits are collected from one bush, each weighing 45-60 g. The fruits have a rounded shape and a pink-red or red-orange color.
They can be consumed fresh and canned. The taste of tomatoes is very pleasant.
The representative of large tomatoes. It has a mid-ripening ripening time, every summer resident tried to plant it at least once. The variety is valued for large, fleshy fruits, resistance to various diseases and unpretentiousness in care. Even beginners can get an excellent harvest of tomatoes of this variety. The fruits are heart-shaped and an average weight of 300 g, some specimens can reach a mass of 1 kg. Shrubs tall, their maximum height - 1.8 m.
From an appearance of seedlings to harvest, an average of 107 days elapse. The fruits are juicy, they are eaten fresh and used to make salads and juice. Recently, varieties of yellow and black have been bred.
Tomato belongs to the indeterminate, srednerannym varieties for growing in greenhouse conditions. The bush grows to a height of 1.5 meters, requires a pinching and a garter. Disease resistance is medium.
Fruits are heart-shaped, large, pink-raspberry color after ripening. On lower brushes, the weight of tomatoes reaches 500-600 g, the fruits can be larger. The flesh is sweet, meaty, aromatic. Tomatoes are best suited for fresh consumption, the preparation of juices and sauces. Tomatoes of this variety are poorly stored, as susceptible to cracking.
Reviews who planted
“Bullish heart” refers to the retro-varieties, I grow it since 1985. In my greenhouse it grows up to 160 cm. From one bush I collect 9 kg of fruits. Tomatoes have an excellent balanced taste, the yield has never failed me. Because of the size is not too suitable for blanks.
Nikita, Moscow region.
I grew all the varieties of “De barao” in my greenhouse on my plot. I liked the red and pink best of all, my wife liked yellow, I do not perceive black. But this is a matter of taste. Tomatoes are small in size, great for preservation. The apartment is a long time and well survive. Pink "De Barao" gives less fruit than red. Tomatoes do not get sick.
In that year, I grew Pink Honey for the first time, I was pleased with the number and size of fruits. But the taste seemed somewhat bland, I like it when there is sourness. I didn’t regret growing it, but I didn’t make a particular impression. I want to try this year and other new items.
Very pleased with the harvest and taste of tomato "Blagovest". The variety is not very susceptible to diseases. I recommend to grow in 2-3 stalks. After pinching all the growth points, I simply threw tomatoes. They lie for a long time, they ate the last tomatoes in the middle of November. The grade almost does not demand leaving and does not hurt. Some may not like the fruits of medium-sized. But they are great for conservation.
Variety "Nevsky" is considered a classic. Tomatoes - large-fruited, so they need to be planted at a great distance from each other. To the fruits were large, on the 1st and 2nd brushes, leave three to four flowers. Do not forget to feed the plants. Organics, they do not really like, it is better to spray. When I grew, I got phytophthora, I had to process it. Perhaps because the summer was bad.
This is a variety that has been around for decades. The name of the tomato was due to the fact that in the stage of technical maturity, tomatoes have a whitish color. The variety has not lost its relevance due to the fact that it almost does not need to be cared for. Plants do not require pinching and garters. Shrubs grow to 60-70 cm. To prolong the fruiting, it is required to transfer the growing point to a side shoot. The harvest consists of fruits weighing 80-130 g, ripening takes place in unison. Fruits are well transported and stored for a long time.
Tomatoes have a terrific flavor, they are suitable for use in salads, juicing and canning. The disadvantages include not too high yields and late blight susceptibility.
A hybrid variety of Dutch breeding can be considered the best option for growing in open ground at a cottage near Moscow. Variety adapted to adverse weather conditions. Seedlings are sown in the middle of April for seedlings, and plants are transplanted into the ground in early May. Bushes undersized. In cold weather, a film cover may be required.
About 70 days are required for full ripening. Bushes - low. Fruits are quite large, weighing 200 g. The tomato is intended for fresh use, cooking tomato juice and pasta.
Low-growing early ripe determinant variety, with large fruits, intended for cultivation in the open field and under the film. Bushes do not require staving, their maximum height is 60-70 cm. Garter - at will. Fruits have a flat-round shape and red color. The weight of each of them is 100-300 g, but there may be larger fruits.
The variety shows good yields. The pulp is fleshy, tasty. Tomatoes are used fresh and allowed to be processed.
High-yielding, determinant, early ripe grade. Plants form in 3 or 4 stems. Stunted bushes, maximum height - 60 cm, but require a garter due to the fact that the fruits are large. Tomato is resistant to apical and root rot.
Fruits weigh an average of 100 g each, bright red. Cultivation is carried out in open ground and under a film cover. Not very suitable for preservation, the variety is ideal for salads and processing.
Low-growing, determinant variety with early ripening for cultivation in open ground. From the moment of emergence of shoots to harvest, 92-102 days pass. The fruits have a rounded shape and dense, shiny, red skin. The average weight of tomatoes is 50-70 g.
Tastes are good, tomatoes are not prone to cracking. The fruits are consumed fresh, used for preservation. The advantages of the variety are its cold resistance and ripening.
Resistant to phytophthora
To get a good crop of tomatoes, it is necessary that the plants were healthy. This culture is often affected by blight. Breeders carried out the work and derived varieties resistant to phytophthora. Below we list those that are suitable for cultivation in the Moscow region.
It belongs to mid-ripening varieties resistant to late blight. The growing season lasts 100 days. Seeds for seedlings need to sow in April. Shrubs - compact, 50 cm tall. Fruiting continues until frost. On one square meter, 3 plants are placed, from which a total of 12 kg of crop can be obtained. Tomatoes - medium-sized, oval-shaped, red in color, weighing 70 g. Tomatoes have good taste, fruits are not subject to cracking.
Crop is stored for a long time and tolerates transportation. The variety has a universal purpose, the fruits can be eaten fresh, used for harvesting for the winter and canned in general.
Low-growing variety of tomatoes with excellent resistance to late blight. Gives a good harvest. The vegetation period lasts 100 days from the moment of emergence of shoots. Seedlings start harvesting in April. For good growth, the bushes need to be watered abundantly once a week.
It can be grown in open ground and under film covers. The fruits have a raspberry color, a slight ribbing, in shape - flat-round, the weight of each of them is 150-200 g. Tomatoes have an excellent taste, are suitable for fresh consumption, are used to make juices.
High-yield ultra early variety of tomatoes. The plants are stunted, the maximum height of the bushes is 50-60 cm, they do not need to be staved and garter. Fruits - large bright red. The harvest ripens amicably. The pulp is fleshy, pronounced tomato flavor. Tomato is not susceptible to late blight due to early ripening.
The hybrid grade intended for cultivation in an open ground and under film shelter. Plants do not require pinching. The variety is characterized by ripening harvest. Fruits weighing 130-150 g. The flesh is fleshy, tasty.
The species is resistant to most diseases peculiar to tomatoes, including fusarium and blight. The variety has a universal purpose, the fruits are consumed in salads and canned.
"Japanese black truffle"
Exotic variety with pear-shaped fruit. Differs in early terms of maturing. Bushes - sredneroslye, up to 1.5 m. Requires garter and pasynkovaniya. Mature fruits by color - red-brown, weighing 100-150 g, have a slight ribbing. The flesh is sweet, tasty, fleshy. Tomatoes are great for canning and are consumed fresh. The variety has a long shelf life, resistant to late blight.
Each bush gives about 20 tomatoes, the bushes are not stacked. The height of the plants does not exceed 35 cm. In the open ground they form brushes, which contain up to 8 oval-shaped fruits. The skin of the tomatoes is red and shiny, the flesh is dense. With good care, up to 3 kg of tomatoes are removed from one plant.
Another variety for open ground. Bushes grow up to 40 cm high. Fruits have bright red coloring and the extended form. The grade of universal appointment, is suitable for preservation and the fresh use. The flesh is dense, tasty.
A taller variety, the height of the bushes reaches 80 cm. The garter is required, as the plants form 2-3 stems that grow quite thin. The fruits are very large, weighing up to 500 g, have a pink-red color. The flesh is fleshy, tender, sweet. Fruits are ideal for making tomato juice, pasta and sauces.
Tomato refers to the early ripening varieties. As its name implies, the variety is frost-resistant. Plants do not require pinching. Bushes are half-trunk type, they are formed into 3 stems. In the care requires hilling. Fruits are tasty, with an average weight of 150g.
Low-growing variety of universal purpose, the fruits are suitable for fresh use, processing and whole-canning. The variety has medium early ripening, good transportable characteristics. Gives a friendly ripening of the crop.
Cherry tomatoes are good fresh, ideal for decorating the table and for canning in general. The following varieties are suitable for cultivation in the Moscow region from this category:
- "Balcony miracle"
- "Honey drop",
- "Cherry Lisa",
- "Cherry Mio",
- Cherry Licopa.
For open ground
Growing tomatoes in the open field in the Moscow region requires proper selection of the variety. This is due to the fact that hybrids and varieties must endure weather changes, diseases. Tomatoes for open ground in the Moscow region:
Tomato variety name
Large bright red determinant vegetables weighing up to 100 g.
High yield, grows 3-4 stalks.
+ resistance to rot.
- not suitable for conservation.
Round, red, brilliant harvest with an average weight of 50-70 g.
Harvesting in 92–102 days.
Growing occurs in the open field without a garter.
+ lack of tendency to cracking,
- small weight of fruits.
Weight of one tomato to 400 g
Need a garter, picking, regular watering. Fertilizing plants produced during the growing season.
- requires constant care,
- late ripening.
Mid-season tomato, growing to 100-150 g
Requires a garter, pasynkovanie.
+ Good for canning.
- requires careful maintenance.
Fruit weight up to 100 g
The beginning of the seedling preparation is at the beginning of April. Watering should be done daily after sunset. When planting, add superphosphate (10 g).
+ resistance to climate change.
- special conditions of planting and watering.
Large-fruited, red-orange, round. Weight - 350-400 g.
A garter is required as it forms.
- the correct garter is required.
Round, red, reaching 400 g
Yield, stem up to 1.2 m.
Require a garter, pasynkovaniya.
+ resistance to cladosporia, tobacco mosaic virus, bacterial black spot.
Tomatoes without pasynkovaniya
Removal of excess shoots in the axils of the leaf in order to align the ratio of fruit and green mass is called pasynkovanie. There are varieties that do not require this procedure:
Tomato variety name
Elongated-plum-shaped, red, weight 35-58 g.
Watering through a strainer with warm water, need a pick.
+ Suitable for any kind of use.
Dark red, elongated, have a sharp tip. Mass - 70 g
Peaking, mulching with peat.
+ do not need a garter,
+ resistance to cold.
Dark crimson, average weight 100 g.
Open ground, the distance between the rows when planting 40 cm, between plantings - 25 cm.
- not a big yield.
Rounded, rounded flat, orange-red, 90-120 g.
Watering with warm water should be done after sunset.
+ immunity to disease
Round, slightly ribbed, red, 50-100 g. Each
The distance when grown between rows 40-50 cm, between plantings - 60-70 cm.
Required feeding, hilling.
+ immunity to diseases
+ weather change portability.
Large, smooth, heart-shaped, weight 110-170 g.
Top dressing, daily watering.
Bright pink, oblong, on 35 g.
+ weather change tolerance,
+ resistance to diseases.
- control over the development of bushes.
Sweet varieties of tomatoes for the Moscow region
Вкусовые качества некоторых сортов томатов для Подмосковья отличаются очень сладким привкусом. К ним относятся следующие сорта:
Название сортов томатов
Полдень F1 Черри
Ярко-оранжевые, по 15 г.
+ маленький, компактный размер,
+ устойчивость к кладоспориозу, фузариозу.
Светло-красные, маленькие (10-12 г).
Round, yellow or red, small (15-20 g).
You do not need pasynkovanie, garter.
+ the possibility of growing on the balcony or loggia.
Elongated, bright red, weighing 90-100 g.
+ disease resistance
Red, shiny, medium (up to 130 g).
Greenhouse or open ground, without a garter.
+ fertility before frost.
Pink, rounded, medium (200-250 g).
+ resistance to diseases
+ No cracking.
Medium (120-130 g), round, red.
Suitable greenhouse and open ground, do not need a garter, pasynkovanie.
+ ease of care.
Summer residents and gardeners valued the yield of some varieties of tomatoes. They bring up to 20 kg per 1 square. meter:
Name of tomato varieties
Finger, medium (80-100 g)
+ disease resistance
+ Good for salting.
Dark crimson, weight up to 400 g
Orange, there are green streaks on the skin, large.
No staving, standard care.
+ interesting appearance,
Red, small, round.
+ many fruits (32 kg per square meter).
- At the time of growth, the bush is overgrown with a large number of foliage, from which you need to get rid of in time.
Medium red tomatoes (120 g).
Fertilizers are required. It is necessary to observe the rule when seeding: seeds are planted no more than 3 pcs. per meter squared.
+ yield 35 kg per sq.m.
Pink, medium (120 grams), elongated.
Cultivation under film or in the open field with the use of fertilizers.
+ quiet transfer of weather extremes.
Round, red, reaching 300 grams.
+ carries long storage,
The advantage of undersized tomatoes - compact. Some representatives can be grown on the balcony in a small greenhouse.
Name of tomato varieties
Egg-shaped, red, medium.
- with insufficient care gives few tomatoes.
Large (500-800 grams), red.
Both in a protected and open ground need a garter.
+ large fleshy tomatoes,
Rassadny way of planting.
+ portability to transportation.
Bright red, juicy, round.
Without pinching and garter.
+ not prone to phytophthora.
Heart-shaped, pink-crimson, large (500-600 grams).
+ tolerant of disease.
- poorly tolerated storage,
- susceptibility to cracking.
Red, oval, average weight - 95 grams.
Normal: 4 kg per sq.m.
Does not require abundant watering.
+ resistance to drought.
Elongated, red-pink, weight 117 grams.
Normal: 5 kg per square meter.
Top dressing, mineral fertilizers.
+ sweet taste good.
How to choose varieties of tomatoes for the Moscow region
To get tasty, fragrant and healthy tomatoes, the gardeners of the Moscow region should know a few secrets of growing this crop. Tips for growing quality product:
- Early maturing shtambovy types that are not afraid of temperature changes are suitable for open ground.
- Greenhouse tomato varieties are tall, medium grown, with different ripening periods.
- The soil should be loose, light. Dense areas are dug, digested with sawdust, peat. Feeding of any soil is carried out by haul or manure.
- The frequency of watering depends on the size of the fruit: the smaller it is, the less often it needs water.
- The size of the fruit affects the operation. Small and medium plants are prepared for preservation, large - for salads, with an unusual taste - for tomato juice.
- If you do not want to experiment in the garden, it is better to purchase proven varieties for the area in specialized stores.
Even in our time, such tomatoes as cherry have become popular. These are small tomatoes that can be grown on balconies and window sills, and with special care in greenhouses.
In the suburbs you can consider the following types of cherry tomatoes:
Well, I hope that after reading the post, you decide on the choice of tomato varieties and prepare excellent seedlings for further fruit growing in the greenhouse or in the open field, and in the fall you will enjoy a big harvest !!
What sort of tomato is better to plant
The best varieties of tomatoes are oriented on the nuances of the cultivation area, the conditions of the land plot and on the purposes of use. Thus, the rating of tomato varieties for the Moscow region, referring to super-species, does not fit the conditions of the vegetable garden, where greenhouses are not installed, and fruits intended for canning in general form may be disappointing when trying to make tomato juice. To avoid this, before you opt for a specific seed, you must honestly assess your capabilities and determine the scope of the future crop:
- for unheated collapsible greenhouses or open ground, bush tomatoes or standard tomatoes of early ripening will do, so you can grow and harvest a full crop before the blight is hit,
- if there is a good capital greenhouse on the site, then the ripening time may not be oriented, but when choosing a variety, focus on the height of the bush and the taste data of the tomato type,
- the best varieties of tomatoes for the Moscow region are those that abound in local markets and small shops, that is, zoned and suitable for a particular climatic area,
- if we are talking about a remote garden where the owner can visit only on occasion, it will be irrational to grow large tomatoes - they will need frequent watering and garter, while small tomatoes are more tolerant of moisture deficiency and do not require daily attention,
- thin-skinned varieties of tomatoes are suitable for making juices and mashed potatoes, and dense-skinned tomatoes are ideal for canning whole. Salad varieties include sugar fruits with an elastic structure and medium juice formation.
It is not recommended to stop the selection on one sort of tomato, whatever positive characteristics it has collected in its rating. The weather in the growing season of tomatoes can be unpredictable and varieties that ripen late may not survive droughts or, on the contrary, cool and wet summer. Based on the average weather calendar of the Moscow region, the best for the collection of early varieties of tomatoes are best suited.
Grade "De Barao"
Multicolored and very tasty hybrids of this variety ripen on a bush of indeterminate type with a plant height of 200 cm. The average time of fruit ripening is 115-120 days from the moment of germination, therefore this variety is recommended for greenhouse cultivation.
Tomatoes "De Barao" are oblong in shape and do not exceed a weight of 80 g. The fruits are resistant to cracking, tolerate transportation and can be perfectly preserved in any form, regardless of the color of the fruit - yellow, black, pink or, traditionally, red. For the whole season, the harvest from one plant is from 7 to 10 kg of tomatoes, and tomato seeds are marked by consumers, as they have broken all the germination records.
Ultra-early hybrid variety "Alenka" brings the first fruits by the end of the third month from the moment of spitting sprouts. It is better to plant these tomatoes in the greenhouses in greenhouses well protected from drafts, since they are ready to be transplanted into the ground immediately after the risk of renewal of frost on the soil, which does not exclude the presence of strong winds or increased dampness in the air.
The bush develops into a powerful branched plant up to 100 cm high, and when it is planted 3 seedlings per square meter. meter, can be collected from one square from 12 to 15 kg of tomatoes. The variety is resistant to many diseases, possesses endurance during long-term transportation, is unpretentious in the choice of soil (with the exception of very acidic soils).
Characteristic of fruits - saturated pink-scarlet or pink color, spherical shape. The average weight of a tomato is 180-200 g.
This early hybrid, designed for both greenhouses and open ground, lives up to its name with ultra-small bush sizes that do not even reach 50 cm in height. Tomatoes on the bush are clusters, and the weight of individual tomatoes can be 0.3 kg.
The main advantage of this variety is its low sensitivity to a lack of moisture, so that these ideal tomatoes for the Moscow region calmly survive a period of drought.
For a minus, the owners of the plots growing the Mongolian Dwarf for several years consider the strong dependence of the taste and external data of tomatoes on the conditions of care and the quality of the fertilizers used. The best seeds of this variety are almost not found in the free market, and their purchase forces us to contact the producers directly.
The grade "Medoc" will please with excellent, accurate fruits, up to 0.1 kg each, already for 83-85 days from the appearance of sprouts. These most productive tomatoes are often grown according to the Kizima method, as they get along perfectly in greenhouses with a fairly close fit, which requires a large amount of seedling material.
The height of the bush - about 200 cm - implies the obligatory tying of the plant to the trellis at the stage of formation of lashes. The fruits collected in the bunch, form a brush of 6 tomatoes in each. Tomatoes have an elliptical shape, the color of the fruit is bright red, the taste is a pronounced sweetness without the slightest acidity. Due to the small size of the fruit (up to 100 g), tomatoes are successfully used in conservation entirely.
Planting "Danko" in the open field is possible only with a successful forecast for the summer period, since the variety is relatively cold-resistant and has weak points in the resistance of a number of diseases. To obtain large elastic fruits with a large amount of viscous sweet-sour juice, you can about 120 days from the appearance of sprouts.
The height of the “Danko” bush is not more than 65 cm, and the approximate planting scheme allows placing up to three bushes of a plant on 1 m 2 of land. When planting seedlings in open ground, pasynkovanie not performed, at the same time, the quality of yield - within 4 kg per bush - is not reduced.
External and taste data of tomatoes - sweet fruits weighing 450-750 g, bright red color and regular round shape.
The characteristic of the earliest of the Moscow region combs of tomatoes can be started from its only minus - small fruit that, on average, adheres to a weight of 50 g. However, this is where the minus varieties end and then only the benefits come: saplings can be planted 4 pieces each. per 1 m 2, and if desired, the stage of growing seedlings is skipped and sown directly in open ground after sufficient warming of the soil (which corresponds to the period of the second half of May).
Fruit ripening occurs simultaneously, and the taste of the tomatoes themselves has gathered numerous positive reviews.
Cherry tomatoes for Moscow region
Among the best varieties of tomatoes for the Moscow region, are called the most original of all representatives of the nightshade - cherry tomatoes. Tiny tomatoes are incredibly popular in all forms, and the compact size of the plants makes it possible to grow bushes even on a glazed balcony or in an apartment on a windowsill.
Our blitz-rating gathered both long-known and new varieties of cherry, which have the highest yield in difficult climatic conditions of the Moscow region:
- "Biathlon" - among early ripe cherries, this variety tolerates cultivation in the open field most calmly. The beginning of the first harvest will be on the 90th day from the emergence of shoots, and the end of the harvest is limited only by the end of the season, and the bush will bear fruit continuously and in large volumes. Characteristics of tomatoes - weight 50-80 g, rich red color, taste - sweet,
- "Balcony miracle." The plant began its history as an ornamental, but gradually improved its characteristics through numerous selections. What we have at the moment - a small sprawling bush, dotted with tiny, the size of a large cherry, red tomatoes. The fruits are very tasty, their skin is thin, but durable. Cherry of this variety is often grown in small greenhouses or directly on the insulated balconies of apartment buildings,
- "Currency". For this type of cherry tomato for the Moscow region, a small corner of the land can be distinguished, because, despite the impressive height of the plant - a little less than a meter - the variety tolerates thickening and readily shares large fruits, compared to other cherry trees, about 0.2 kg. Due to the high density of the peel, tomatoes are good for canning in general.
Even choosing the best varieties of tomatoes with high resistance to temperature extremes and diseases, the owner of the site is not immune from the loss of the crop for many reasons. Since each variety has its own strengths and weaknesses, the general recommendation for gardeners in the Moscow Region is to plant at least three different types of tomatoes in order to eliminate the risk of loss of the entire crop.
Frequent rains and a serious shortage of sunlight, rarely allow you to wait for the full ripening of fruits that begin to rot directly on the bush. Hence - another small trick experienced agronomists near Moscow. It is necessary to remove the fruits from the bush, not waiting for the redness of the tomatoes, but when the tomatoes are just starting to fill with the first, brown ripeness.
The collected tomatoes are placed in one row in the boxes or directly on the windowsill in the room, where the constant temperature is not lower than 21 C and there is good ventilation. Under these conditions, the fruits calmly ripen and, as a result, do not differ in taste characteristics from tomatoes that have matured on a bush.
When choosing very productive varieties of tomatoesfor greenhouses Some criteria must be considered:
- Productivity On average, from 1 square. meters of greenhouses receive 10-15 kg of tomato. However, there are special high-yielding hybrids that can produce 20 kg or more per square meter. meter
- The type of bush. For greenhouses, it is better to choose tall indeterminant varieties. They are characterized by prolonged fruiting and give more tomatoes per season. However, undersized determinant varieties have earlier soon ripening fruits.
- The size of the tomatoes. Large-fruited tomatoes are suitable for eating fresh, for adding to salads and making juice. Tomatoes of medium and small sizes are ideal for whole canning.
- Maturation term. For 2 crops per season, it’s best to grow early productive varieties of tomatoes.
- Resistance to diseases. In a greenhouse with high humidity, heat and weak airing, favorable conditions are created for the development of diseases that can affect both the fruit and the plants themselves. To deal with them is very difficult. Therefore, for greenhouses, it is recommended to choose hybrid varieties with increased immunity.
- Shelf life and transportation. These criteria should pay attention when growing vegetables for sale. Tomatoes should not crack, have good keeping quality and be resistant to long traffic.
Variety tomato variety for teplice
Emaciated Stepanenko: I weighed 108, and now 65. At night she drank warm. Read more here.
Among super fruitful withomouth tomats for greenhouses We recommend the following.
- Ripening period 86-90 days,
- The stems are pulled out to 1.45 meters in height,
- Each tomato weighs an average of 60-100 g,
- Productivity to 6 kg from 1 bush.
Variety of tomatoes Pink raisins resistant to diseases and pests characteristic of nightshade. Tomatoes of this variety are universal in use. The grade is characterized by long fructification and unpretentiousness to weather conditions. Significant deficiencies have been identified.
Wonder of the earth
I was able to get rid of ARTHROSIS AND OSTEOCHONDROSIS PER MONTH! Operations are not needed. Read more here.
- Tomatoes ripen in 110-125 days,
- In the height of the bushes pulled out at 1.5 m,
- Large-fruited. Each tomato weighs on average 200-240 g,
- Productivity from 1 plant of 5 kg.
It is difficult to buy seeds of a variety because it is bred by an amateur breeder.
The variety is characterized by long-term fruiting, high yield, resistance to diseases of the nightshade, high taste qualities of fruits that do not crack, have good keeping quality and tolerate long-term transportation.
- Early ripe. Ripe fruits appear within 90-95 days,
- In height, indeterminate bushes grow to 1.7-2.3 m,
- Large-fruited. Each tomato pulls 300-600 g,
- Productivity from 1 bush of 5 kg and more.
The Mikado variety shows good resistance to diseases that often affect these crops. In addition, the tomatoes are very tasty and can be eaten fresh or canned.
However, Mikado bushes must be formed into 1-2 stems and be sure to remove the extra stepchildren, leaving a 5-7 mm stump to avoid damaging the main stem. With excessive watering tomatoes crack.
Indeterminate varieties of tomatoes, which are characterized by unlimited growth of bushes, are recommended for growing it in greenhouse conditions. Among them, we have chosen the most productive.
- Cork maturation 93-103 days
- The stems are pulled out by 1.9-2.3 meters in height (it is necessary to form the stem and remove the stepsons),
- The average weight of the fruit - 35-45 g,
- Productivity from 1 bush of 4 kg.
Hurricane tomatoes are distinguished by a good presentation and taste, high keeping quality and resistance to transportation over long distances. Tomatoes do not crack. The disadvantages include exposure to late blight.
Hybrids with a yield of up to 5 kg with 1 bush and disease resistance
Далее представлены индетерминантные гибриды с урожайностью до 5 кг с 1 куста, а также устойчивостью к фузариозу, табачной мозаике и кладоспориозу.
- На стебле формируются огромные разветвленные кисти. На одной кисти завязывается до 50 плодов.
- Томаты сливовидные, розовые.
- Средний вес помидор достигает 40 г.
- Томаты имеют десертный вкус.
- From one bush can collect up to 4 kg of fruit.
- Resistant to tobacco mosaic and viruses.
- Medium early ripening. Tomatoes are sown after 106 after the appearance of sprouts.
- Abundant, simultaneous fruiting.
- The shape of the tomato is rounded and flattened at the stem.
- The average fruit weight is about 150 g.
- Resistant to diseases, temperature and humidity changes.
- Medium early ripening. Eating tomatoes fashionably after 112-115 days after the seeds germinate.
- Large-fruited. The average weight of 1 tomato about 400g.
- The fruits are smooth, pink in color, have a characteristic tomato flavor.
- The flesh is juicy, tender.
- Productivity is high - up to 11 kg from 1 bush.
- Hybrid indeterminate Intuition F1 grown in 1 stem.
- It has a medium term ripening. Ripe fruits appear 110 days after seed germination.
- Tomatoes are round, smooth. Keep on the stalk, not falling off, even after ripening.
- The average weight of one tomato is about 100 kg.
- Do not crack.
- They contain a lot of sugar, so they are ideal for canning and fresh consumption.
- Indeterminate bush, the stems of which stretch by 1.5 meters in height.
- Early ripening. Ripe fruits can be plucked from the bushes within 100 days after the seeds germinate.
- Tomatoes are round.
- The average fruit weight is 100 g and above.
- With 1 bush collect about 5 kg of ripe tomatoes.
- Early ripening. Fruits sprout in 95-110 days after the seeds germinate.
- Thick and sturdy stem does not require a garter and trellis or support.
- A large number of ovaries are formed.
- The average weight of tomatoes is 120 g.
- The pulp is dense, tasty.
- Differs in stable fructification under weak lighting and temperature drops.
- Early ripening. Vegetables ripe 90-105 days after the seeds germinate.
- The average weight of the fruit is 125 g.
- Universal application.
- Yield up to 16 kg per square meter. meter
- Medium early ripening.
- Bushes grow up to 2 m, therefore they require shaping and pinching the top.
- The average fruit weight is 250-300 g.
- The flesh is fleshy, sweet.
- Resistant to diseases.
- Requires constant watering and balanced feeding.
- It is very popular due to the sweet taste of tomato.
- The pulp is dense, juicy.
- The skin is elastic, does not burst.
- Tomatoes are stored for a long time after harvest and tolerate transportation.
- The variety tolerates temperature fluctuations, gives a stable crop.
Disease resistant tomatoes
Russian breeders managed to create tomato varieties that are resistant to solanaceous diseases. Among these varieties with high immunity are the following.
- Bush tall.
- Tying the stalk is required.
- The most fruitful and disease resistant variety.
- Abundant and prolonged fruiting until the frost.
- Tomatoes are the same size, red.
- The average weight of the fruit is 80-100 g.
Determinant tomato varieties yield less yield. Suitable for cultivation in low greenhouses and greenhouses, as this low-growing varieties of tomatoes.
Tomatoes of such varieties always sprout early, but they do not bear fruit as long as they are indeterminate.
- Early ripe. Tomatoes are sprinkled on the bush already 90-105 days after the seeds germinate,
- The stems are pulled out 1.5 meters in height,
- Weight 1 tomato in the range of 80-100 g,
- 1 bush with proper agricultural technology will give 5-6.5 kg of ripe vegetables
Advantages of the variety include disease resistance, unpretentious care, good taste.
At the same time for growing varieties of tomatoes Verlioka need nutritious soil. You will also need to constantly remove extra stepchildren.
- The fruits ripen 107-112 days after the seeds germinate,
- Shrubs grow to 75-110 cm
- Weight 1 tomato in the range of 40-60 g,
- Yield from 1 square. meters 5-11 kg
- Application is universal.
Tomato variety Bourgeois is resistant to diseases, drought, temperature extremes and transportation. Tomatoes do not crack and are stored for a long time.
Among the shortcomings can be identified fragility of branches, which require mandatory garters to support or trellis.
- The fruits ripen after 100 -105 days after the seeds germinate,
- Shrubs grow to 1-1.2 m,
- Weight 1 tomato in the range of 130-140 g,
- Yield from 1 square. up to 25 kg.
- Ideal for industrial cultivation.
In the greenhouse can grow all year round. It has good resistance to disease and cold.
Fruits are universal in application, well are suitable for integral conservation.
- The fruits ripen 95-105 days after the seeds germinate,
- Shrubs grow to 1 m,
- Weight 1 tomato in the range of 240-280 g
- Yield from 1 square. up to 13 kg.
The hybrid can be grown not only in the greenhouse, but also in open ground.
The variety has good immunity, suitable for fresh consumption and for processing into juice, pasta, sauces. Gives a good harvest, if in time to feed mineral and organic fertilizers.
- The fruits ripen after 85-95 days after the seeds germinate,
- Shrubs grow to 65-75 cm
- Weight 1 tomato in the range of 200-250 g,
- Yield from 1 square. up to 10 kg.
The hybrid is considered one of the best for the greenhouse.
Bushes require garters to support. Tomatoes have good keeping quality and resistance to long-term transportation. The flesh is fleshy and sweet.
- The fruits ripen 90-100 days after the seeds germinate,
- The stems are pulled out to 60 cm in height,
- Weight 1 tomato in the range of 60-70 g
- 1 bush with proper agricultural technology will give 4.2 kg of ripe vegetables.
This is one of the most sweet varieties of tomatoes, although they present barely perceptible sourness.
The skin is dense, so tomatoes are stored for a long time. High immunity protects bushes from fungal and viral infections.
- Early. The fruits ripen 70-85 days after the seeds germinate,
- Shrubs grow to 70 cm
- Weight 1 tomato in the range of 80-90 g,
- 1 bush with proper agricultural technology will give 3.3 kg of ripe vegetables.
- Fruits ripen 80-85 days after seeds germinate,
- Shrubs grow to 60cm
- Mass 1 tomato within 300 g,
- 1 shrub with proper agricultural technology will give 3-4 kg of ripe vegetables.
Big mommy domestic selection refers to new productive varieties of tomatoes. It was listed in the State Register in 2015. Resistant to diseases such as mosaic, late blight, powdery mildew. Designed for growing in a greenhouse, but gardeners from the southern regions of the country write in their reviewsthat grew a variety in the open field.
Fruits do not crack, are well stored and transported, have good taste. Deficiencies have not yet been identified.
Gift to a woman
- The fruits ripen 100-115 days after the seeds germinate,
- Weight 1 tomato in the range of 200-280 g
- 1 bush with proper agricultural technology will give 4-5 kg of ripe vegetables.
Russian breeders have bred a hybrid variety. A gift to a woman for cultivation in open and protected ground. It is preferable to grow a variety in the middle lane and in the south of Russia.
It possesses such positive qualities as high yield, resistance to diseases and drought, as well as juicy and sweet flesh. But the need for regular fertilizer bushes can be called a disadvantage.
Middle and late greenhouse varieties
- The fruits ripen after 120-135 days after the seeds germinate,
- The stems are extended to 50-70 cm in height,
- Weight 1 tomato in the range of 180-240 g,
- 1 bush with proper agricultural technology will give 4 kg of ripe vegetables.
The hybrid of the Dutch selection has been entered in the register in 2008. Designed for growing in the middle lane. In the northern regions may be cultivated exclusively in the greenhouse.
The variety is resistant to drought, disease and gives a stable yield.
The disadvantages include late ripening due to which you can not grow in all regions of our country.
King of Kings
- The fruits ripen after 120-135 days after the seeds germinate,
- The stems are pulled out to 1.45-1.85 m in height,
- Weight 1 tomato in the range of 0.5-1 kg
- 1 bush with proper agricultural technology will give 5.5 kg of ripe vegetables.
Large-fruited variety resistant to late blight and rot. Tomatoes are tasty, juicy, fleshy, have good keeping quality, but can crack.
- The fruits ripen after 115-125 days after the seeds germinate,
- The stems are extended to 50-70 cm in height,
- Weight 1 tomato in the range of 40-60 g,
- 1 bush with proper agricultural technology will give 5-6.5 kg of ripe vegetables.
Variety Rocket registered in 1999. The largest crop yields in the south of the country, although in the middle lane you can get a bountiful harvest with the right agricultural machinery.
Resistant to phytophthora and rot. Due to the small size of these tomatoes can be grown even in pots on the balcony.
Among the shortcomings noted demanding to watering, feeding, fruits are prone to cracking.
- The fruits ripen after 115-125 days after the seeds germinate,
- The stems are pulled out at a height of 1-1.4 m,
- Weight 1 tomato in the range of 70-100 g,
- About 4-5 kg of ripe vegetables can be collected from 1 plant.
The grade is unpretentious in leaving. Tomatoes are tasty, have a good presentation, do not crack, can be stored and transported for a long time.
The main disadvantage is the late ripening of the fruits, which, under certain climatic conditions, cannot collect ripe tomatoes at the end of the season.
- The fruits ripen in 112-125 days after the seeds germinate,
- The stems are pulled out 1.4 m high,
- Beautiful and tasty pink tomatoes with proper agricultural technology can grow up to 800 g.
- The grade well reacts to mineral additives, is steady against fungi.
Among the shortcomings can be noted the demands on lighting and watering, as well as a weak stem, which requires a garter, as it can break under the weight of the fruit.
The best varieties of tomatoes for greenhouses
Growing in greenhouses and greenhouses makes it possible to choose indeterminate, tall and more thermophilic varieties of tomatoes. Thus, over the years of hard work and breeding, vegetable growers have identified several best varieties of tomatoes for the Moscow region, which are well suited for growing in the greenhouse, namely:
- "De Barao". The fruits are pleased with the color variety (shades range from pale yellow to raspberry red, sometimes even black), they are equally tasty in unprocessed or canned. Bushes are powerful, tall, an average of 4 months from planting seeds to the first harvest.
- "Pink Honey". This is a mid-season, very thermophilic plant with large pink fruits. Most often added to salads, but tolerates storage. Many consider this type of tomato one of the most delicious.
- "Stellate sturgeon". Second grade name "Pudovik". This variety has large (sometimes up to 0.5 kg), raspberry-red fruits of excellent taste. Bushes require a mandatory garter to support, the plant is indeterminate.
- Verlioka. It is considered one of the most productive varieties of tomatoes - if you adhere to the rules of cultivation and care, up to 18 kg of tomatoes can be obtained from one square meter. In addition, this species does not suffer from many diseases typical for tomatoes: fusarium, brown spot. Due to the compact size of the fruit, they can be eaten fresh and grown on blanks. The variety is suitable for greenhouses in the Moscow region and the middle lane.
- "Pink flamingo". Large (150-200 g), plum-shaped, sweet pink tomatoes. It is due to the taste qualities that tomatoes of this variety are most often consumed fresh, but many of them canned, despite the oblong shape.
When choosing plants for a greenhouse, its features should also be taken into account: what the greenhouse is made of (glass, polycarbonate, film), the level of room lighting, temperature, the presence of heating, etc.
Tomatoes for open ground
The next group of tomatoes ripen perfectly when planted in unprotected ground. These plants include:
- "Demidov". Non-hybrid, determinant, mid-season plant. Fruits are mainly used fresh. Tomatoes are great for growing in the open field in the suburbs.
- "Bull's heart." Very popular variety among gardeners. Tomatoes owe a name to their shape, which is a bit like a heart. Fruits are large, sugar and very tender, therefore not suitable for processing. However, tomatoes are best suited for salads, vegetable cuts, appetizers. Ripe from July to September, green tomatoes are dispensed even in October.
- "Schelkovsky early". This species has some features: tomatoes ripen very quickly, for this reason the plant does not have time to become infected with diseases typical for tomatoes (in particular, late blight). Fruits are medium-sized, they are used more for harvesting, because they are poorly stored.
- "Siberian early." The plant is attributed to the determinant varieties, the fruits ripen early. Tomatoes are red, regular rounded, large and sweet. These tomatoes are often used to make sauces, juices and pastes, due to the high content of dry matter in the fruit.
- "Sultan F1". Mid-season variety that will delight delicious fruits until frost. This type of tomatoes is classified as a salad, so it is best to use them without heat treatment.
Most varieties of "Cherry" are extremely thermophilic plants, because planting them in open unprotected soil is unacceptable. That is why many people like to grow miniature tomatoes on balconies and window sills. However, in the greenhouse, with the observance of the temperature regime and illumination, it is also possible to quite successfully obtain large yields of small sweet fruits.
For growing "Cherry" in the suburbs can consider the following varieties of tomatoes:
- "Honey drop."
- "Black Beach".
- "Balcony miracle".
- "Children's sweet cream".
Preparing the soil for planting better in the fall. It is necessary to choose the area where the seeds will be sown, it is best to plant tomatoes in the beds after growing cucumbers, cabbage, legumes, dill, onions and carrots.
The plot for tomatoes should be well lit by the sun, be protected from strong gusts of wind, water should not accumulate on it. It is best to dig up the soil in the fall and apply fertilizers: mineral additives (superphosphate, potassium chloride), manure or humus. In spring, the soil must be loosened before planting. For additional protection of tomatoes from insect pests near the beds, marigolds and calendula can be planted: the smell of plants does not tolerate bears, weevils, nematodes. However, these flowers are able to inhibit the growth of neighboring plants, so it is important not to overdo it.
Planting seeds traditionally occurs in March-April. For determinant varieties (stunted), the optimal time for planting will be early-mid-April, but it is better to plant indeterminant varieties (tall) early.
For sowing it is necessary to select the best seeds: not dried up, of the same size, without damage and stains. As a treatment, seeds can be soaked in warm water, then immersed in a solution of potassium permanganate for half an hour. To prepare the soil, it is necessary in equal parts to mix humus, peat and sod land.
The mixture must be poured into a container with a depth of at least 10 cm, moistened with a spray bottle and make indentations 0.5-1 cm at a distance of 2-3 cm from each other. When the seeds are covered with soil, the soil can be sprinkled again. It is worth remembering that different varieties of tomatoes should not be planted in the same container.
To create the greenhouse effect, the seed container should be covered with a film and put in a well-lit place: in 7 days the first shoots will appear.
Care and watering
To plant tomatoes in open ground in the suburbs can, when the earth warms up to 15 ° C, it occurs in early to mid-May. Sometimes during this period frosts occur - to protect the seedlings, it must be covered with a film.
The distance between bushes needs to be calculated based on the type of tomatoes: for determinant varieties, the optimal distance is 30-40 cm, for indeterminant ones it is increased to 60 cm. The depth of the holes is 10 cm. Saplings should be carefully dug out of the container, taking care not to destroy the ground com and not damage root system. After sprinkling with earth, seedlings can be watered and mulched (with straw, grass, leaves).
In the future, tomatoes need to be watered regularly, the first watering after transplantation into the ground can be done after 1-2 weeks (based on the dryness of the soil). It is necessary to water the bushes under the root - the ingress of moisture on the green part of the plant leads to diseases and shedding of flowers. The need for watering increases during the period of intensive growth of the plant, the formation of the ovary and fruits, then the number of irrigations can be reduced. To saturate the soil with oxygen, as well as to avoid the formation of an earth crust, the ground after irrigation needs to be loosened to a depth of about 4-8 cm. If the roots appear at the surface of the soil, the bush needs hilling - thanks to the procedure the plant forms new roots through which more nutrients enter . Hilling will also allow moisture to remain in the ground longer and enrich it with oxygen.
Tomatoes need several supplements per season (3-4 times on average). В качестве удобрений можно применять:
- фосфорсодержащие смеси,
- куриный помет или коровяк,
Terms of fruit picking are determined by the variety of tomatoes. In the Moscow region it is possible to plant early and mid-season varieties, therefore, the first fruits can be collected in the second half of June. It is allowed to pluck fully shaped, slightly reddened fruits - in 1-2 weeks they will reach the required maturity, while the taste indicators will not deteriorate. Unformed fruits can not be plucked - they are almost not stored and quickly rot. Active harvesting of tomatoes begins in August, as most plants in this period die off the stem and leaves. It is important to harvest the entire crop (even green fruits) before the period when the temperature drops below 10 ° C, otherwise the tomatoes will not be well prepared. If the fruits remain on the bushes at a temperature of 5 ° C, they can quickly rot.
Tomatoes occurs in warm (about 25 ° C) rooms with good air circulation. It is necessary to inspect the fruits regularly and in time extract those on which signs of diseases began to appear, in order to secure the rest of the harvest.
So, you learned what varieties of tomatoes are suitable for the Moscow region: for cultivation in the open field and for greenhouses, considered the features of planting in unprotected soil, the rules of planting care. As you can see, there is nothing particularly difficult in this. We wish you a good harvest!