Despite the variety of meat products in our stores, rabbit meat, especially fresh, can not be found in everyone. This is primarily due to low demand due to the high price of the product. But rabbit meat belongs to the most useful dietary products, it is famous for its delicate taste, this meat is soft and smooth fiber. It is considered hypoallergenic, therefore it is recommended as a first complementary food for children. Many scientists recognize the meat of young rabbits as environmentally friendly, because it does not accumulate radioactive isotopes and chemicals that can get into it when rabbit consumes low-quality food.
Useful properties of rabbit meat
The first meat is for the human body source of protein. 100 g of rabbit meat contains about 22 g, which is more than in the meat of other animals. By eating this meat, a person receives the entire set of essential amino acids, including essential ones. The bioavailability of protein in rabbit meat is much higher than in other types of meat, so it is especially useful for children during active growth, for people recovering from serious illnesses, operations, blood loss, during cancer treatment (radiation or chemotherapy). Rabbit meat is indispensable in the diet of low-calorie diets, including those followed for therapeutic purposes.
The meat of young rabbits has the best dietary properties (up to 3 months), since the presence of fat in it is minimal. On average, 100 g of this meat contains 11 g of fat, which is much less than in beef or chicken meat. Moreover, half of them are unsaturated fatty acids. There are practically no carbohydrates in rabbit meat, 100 g of this meat contain about 183 kcal. Due to its composition, low-calorie rabbit meat has long been included in the diet of athletes, models and people seeking to lose weight without harm to health.
Rabbit meat is the preferred source of animal protein for people suffering from diseases of the digestive system. This meat is easily digested, so it must be present in the diet of people who have reduced the secretory function of the stomach, pancreas, liver function disorders or structural changes in the organs of the digestive system.
Rabbit meat contains many vitamins and minerals. Vitamins of group B are found in it, and cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12) in 100 g of this product contains the daily rate for an adult, therefore rabbit meat is very useful for B12-deficient anemia. In addition, rabbit has vitamins A, E and C.
Rabbit meat boasts a rich mineral composition. It is saturated with potassium, which is necessary for the normal functioning of the myocardium, and also contains sodium, magnesium, calcium, chlorine and phosphorus. When this meat is consumed, a large amount of iron, copper, zinc, chromium and other trace elements enters the body, and in order for the body to receive a daily dose of cobalt, it is enough to eat 50 g of rabbit meat.
This meat is useful for iron deficiency anemia and other pathologies of the hematopoietic system, diseases of the organs of the endocrine, nervous, sexual and other body systems. People suffering from diseases of the cardiovascular system and diabetes, from meat products should also choose a diet rabbit. Due to its low fat content and lack of carbohydrates, this product does not adversely affect cholesterol metabolism. And the unsaturated acids contained in this meat, contribute to the normalization of fat metabolism, lower cholesterol in the blood and cleanse the blood vessels from fatty plaques.
Recommended cooking methods for rabbit meat are stewing and baking. In this form, this meat retains its beneficial properties better, is easier to digest and assimilate. Fried rabbit meat, despite its dietary properties, is not the most healthy dish.
Harm of rabbit
Due to the very high protein content, the consumption of rabbit meat is restricted by observing a low protein diet (table No. 7 by Pevzner) during the treatment of severe kidney disease. It should be noted that such a diet is prescribed by the doctor for a short period of time. It is about limiting the amount of meat, and not about its complete exclusion from the diet.
Rabbit meat refers to products with a high content of purines, the decomposition of which in the body produces uric acid. The accumulation in the blood of salts of this acid can cause the development of gout, it can also adversely affect the course of chronic renal failure. So with these diseases, as well as when hyperurethomy (elevated uric acid content) is detected in blood tests, rabbit meat should be excluded from the diet.
Video program "Examination of things. OTC "about rabbit meat.
Calorie and nutritional value
100 g of rabbit meat contains 168 kcal. Meat is considered dietary and has a low fat content. For comparison - beef has 270-330 kcal per 100 g The nutritional value:
No carbohydrates and dietary fiber. Some diet systems (for example, the Atkins diet) just focus on low carbohydrate intake. The ratio of BZHU in rabbit meat is a proportion of 1: 0.5: 0.
The balance of biologically significant elements in 100 g of the product (the number and percentage of the norm):
- A (ER) - 10 µg (1.1%),
- B1 (thiamine) - 0.12 mg (8%),
- B2 (riboflavin) - 0.18 mg (10%),
- B4 (choline) - 115.6 mg (23.1%),
- B6 (pyridoxine) - 0.48 mg (24%),
- B9 (folate) - 7.7 mcg (1.9%),
- B12 (cobalamin) - 4.3 μg (143%),
- C - 0.8 mg (0.9%),
- E (alpha tocopherol, TE) - 0.5 mg (3.3%),
- PP (NE) - 11, 6 mg (58%),
- Niacin - 6.2 mg,
- potassium K - 335 mg (13.4%),
- Calcium Ca - 20 mg (2%),
- magnesium Mg - 25 mg (6.3%),
- sodium Na - 57 mg (4.4%),
- sulfur S - 225 mg (22.5%),
- Ph phosphorus - 190 mg (23.8%),
- Cl Cl - 79.5 mg (3.5%),
- Fe iron - 3.3 mg (18.3%),
- iodine I - 5 μg (3.3%),
- cobalt Co - 16.2 mcg (162%),
- Cu copper - 130 mcg (13%),
- Fluorine F - 73 µg (1.8%),
- Cr chromium - 8.5 µg (17%),
- Zn Zn - 2.31 mg (19.3%).
Rabbit meat is not only healthy, but also tasty food. Gentle and easy to prepare, it becomes a favorite with those who have tried it at least once. The color of meat is white with a pinkish tinge, thin bones and thin muscle fibers. It has little cholesterol and purine formations. Well-fed animals have a slight fat layer, which only gives tenderness to meat.
Why is rabbit meat useful?
Based on the balance of nutrients, we can conclude that rabbit meat is rich in vitamin complex, as well as micro and macro elements.
Consider them in more detail.
- Choline is a component of lecithin and is involved in the synthesis of the liver.
- Vitamin B6 supports the immune system, is responsible for the excitation and inhibition in the central nervous system, for the metabolism of fatty compounds and polynucleotides, for the formation of red blood cells. Lack of this vitamin provokes poor appetite, anemia, and also leads to the deplorable state of the skin.
- Vitamin B12 speeds up the metabolism. Together with folate (B9) is involved in blood formation.
- Vitamin PP is needed for the reactions of oxidation and reduction in metabolism, its lack threatens with disturbances in the gastrointestinal tract and the nervous system.
- Phosphorus is a building brick for teeth and bones. Moreover, it regulates the acid-base balance and participates in energy metabolism.
- Iron is a component of enzymes, transports oxygen. Lack of it can cause fatigue.
- Cobalt is an integral part of vitamin B12 and activates the metabolism of folic acid.
- Copper is useful as a component of enzymes involved in iron metabolism. It also contributes to the enrichment of body tissues with oxygen.
- Chromium is responsible for reducing glycemia (less glucose in the blood).
- Zinc is involved in the formation of more than 300 enzymes. He is involved in the synthesis of fats, proteins and carbohydrates.
Fat is also an anti-allergen and is used in the cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries - for the manufacture of creams and wound healing ointments.
Rabbit meat thanks to vitamin B12 is effective antioxidant. It has a beneficial effect on the skin and mucous membranes, keeping them in good shape.
Meat is easily digested without causing putrefactive processes in the intestines, which also refers to undoubted advantages. The meat of a young animal has the peculiarity of missing (not accumulating) salts of heavy metals and strontium-90, from which one cannot escape, because it is contained in feed.
Can i eat
As a diet product, doctors often recommend rabbit meat to eat. It is useful for dieters, children, pregnant women, nursing moms and many other people of all ages. In renal failure, it is recommended to pay attention to the use rabbit liver. People who have a history of cancer diagnosis, it is useful to use rabbit as a product that lowers the level of radiation. On the part of the cardiovascular system, rabbit meat can be called a product that guards hypertension and atherosclerosis.
Since rabbit meat hypoallergenic and easy to digest, then it will not harm either the nursing mother or the baby. Rather, on the contrary, it will enrich the growing organism with vitamins and elements that are useful for growth and development. The main thing is not to overdo it. No matter how useful the product is, everything needs measure. Watch the baby’s reaction, and if he doesn’t have an individual intolerance through milk, it means that soon rabbit meat will get into the food one of the first.
When losing weight
Nutritionists love rabbit meat because it normalizes fat metabolism and when properly consumed satiates the body without leading to obesity. Also, this product copes with the organization of a suitable balance of nutrients in the human body. By the amount of protein rabbit is ahead of not only lamb and beef, but even pork, despite the fact that there is almost no fat. And the insignificant amount of fat that can be present in an adult carcass is rich in rare arachidonic acid, beneficial to the body.
With pancreatitis, gastritis
Rabbit meat has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, it is recommended for stomach ulcers, various intestinal diseases, gastritis, liver and kidney diseases, and pancreatitis. Of course, the product must be boiled and consumed in moderation.
Let the content of nitrogenous substances and not great in rabbit, yet their presence has to be taken into account. These substances provoke hyperuricemia, getting into the human body. Thus, acid (uric) accumulates in the joints, which worsens their condition and can provoke arthritis. For this reason, patients with gout is not recommended to use rabbit.
What can you cook
Having divided the rabbit's carcass, you can divide the parts into categories of dishes. For example, the front part will be an excellent base for soups, and the back is suitable for stewing, baking or simple roasting.
Roast rabbit, rabbit meatballs and meatballs, braised rabbit meat with sauce or in own juice, rabbit fricassee, stew with the addition of various vegetables, tender pastes, rabbit marinade, zrazy, chops - this is not a complete list of dishes from this unique meat.
What is combined
Rabbit meat is unique in that it goes well with a variety of products (including other types of meat). A variety of dishes gives space to any, the most daring culinary fantasy. Moreover, neither the taste nor the nutritional value of this product does not lose, being smoked, salted or canned.
It is believed that the best dish is rabbit meat in sauce. Pieces stewed in berry syrup or in a creamy garlic mixture. The taste is delicate and refined, the sauces set off the tender meat and enrich its taste palette. In different cultures, rabbit meat has received its own individual culinary characteristics. The French love the rabbit stew with truffles, sometimes adding game ingredients to these ingredients. They also prepare exquisite pies of meat stewed in cream. Italians know that with Provence herbs and olives, the rabbit is especially spicy and tasty, in a pinch, it can always be stuffed with chanterelles and baked.
Bulgarians, as true adherents of bright tastes, prepare a rabbit with apples and nuts. Poles prefer grilled crust, so they pickle meat in mustard, and then bake it in the oven. Rabbit goes well with all varieties of pepper (black, red, white) and its mixtures. With it you can add ginger, rosemary, basil, celery, olives and, of course, garlic. All these spices give the meat its own special taste, so do not be afraid to experiment.
- Some cookbooks recommend steeping rabbit meat before cooking for 6 or even 12 hours. Soaking is carried out in cold water, changing it during this time several times.
- If the meat is chopped, and not scrolled in a meat grinder, then the dish will be softer. Rolls or chops of minced rabbit meat often become a real decoration of the festive table.
- A rabbit flavored with orange or mango is also perfect for a festive meal.
- Strengthen the taste of the rabbit, you can use the marinade. Soak the meat in wine vinegar, in the juice of ripe lemon, finally, just in wine. Juicy notes can be achieved by soaking it in brandy or brandy (no longer than a quarter of an hour).
- Even a small amount of fat from the carcass is better to remove. It is useful later, for example, in the preparation of vegetable dishes or for frying potatoes.
- If you want to enhance the taste of other meat (pork, lamb) with the help of a rabbit, then do not forget to let the paired rabbit lie down in a cool area for about ten hours, and only then proceed to cooking.
How to choose when buying
The most valuable is a young animal of three to five months. A rabbit carcass weighing more than 1.5 kg is already causing concern that the animal is not too old and that the meat will not be tough.
Meat should be light, slightly pinkish or even pale pink. The richer the shade, the older the rabbit. Avoid rabbit bruises and broken bones.
There is a practice in which the rabbit carcass is sold with one fur (with skin) paw or tail. This has been the case since when ordinary cats were sold in the market under the guise of a rabbit.
In the market, the sanitary service monitors the quality of products, so pay attention to whether there is a corresponding seal on the carcass. There should be no smell, fresh rabbit meat smells of nothing, when pressed elastic.
When is it better to give up
The amino acids with which rabbit meat is so rich make the body environment more acidic. The fact is that in the intestine, they are transformed into hydrocyanic acid. In some diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, this fact must be considered. It has been said above about purine bases and their influence - regular high consumption of rabbit meat can cause development arthritis or gout.
Nothing more can be said about rabbit meat, this meat is tasty and healthy, it is cooked even for small children.
Today, rabbit breeding is considered a popular branch of animal husbandry. After all, these mammals are prolific and grow rapidly. Already at the age of 2 months, rabbits weigh about 1.5 kg. A carcass contains about 85% meat. It is dense and solid, thanks to which bones and fat are easily separated. The older the rabbit, the more fat and calories it contains.
Rabbit meat contains many beneficial vitamins, among them:
- Vitamin A. Lack of retinol causes a decrease in immunity and body tone, the appearance of wrinkles, deterioration of the teeth, fast fatigue and insomnia.
- Vitamin C. Symptoms of ascorbic acid deficiency include fatigue, diseases of the teeth and gums, joint and muscle pain, dry skin and hair.
- Vitamin E. An insufficient amount of tocopherol provokes blurred vision, decreased libido, miscarriages and infertility, early wrinkles and fading of the skin.
- Vitamin B1. Thiamine deficiency leads to disruption of the heart and blood vessels, fatigue, weakening of memory, headaches.
- Vitamin B2. Signs of a lack of riboflavin include depression, frequent colds, dizziness, poor sleep, and hair loss.
- Vitamin B6. Symptoms of pyridoxine deficiency are associated with constant fatigue, poor memory, high blood pressure.
- Vitamin B9. A lack of folic acid affects the mood and appetite of a person, and the gums can become inflamed, and acne and cracks in the corners of the mouth appear.
- Vitamin B12. Lack of cobalamin leads to mental disorders, namely sclerosis and even paralysis.
- Vitamin PP. Niacin deficiency causes neurosis, irritability, weakness in muscles, weakens the immune system.
Rabbit meat is a record holder for sulfur content.It also contains other minerals:
In rabbit, there are 19 amino acids, including essential. Especially a lot of lysine is included in the product. 100 g of meat contains about 185 kcal. 46% is protein, 11% is fats. The rabbit cholesterol content is negligible.
Useful properties of rabbit
The use of the product has many positive properties, namely:
- improves skin condition
- enriches brain cells with oxygen
- strengthens bones
- helps to recover from surgery or illness
- normalizes blood sugar levels
- positive effect on metabolism
- improves DNA synthesis
- lowers eye pressure.
It is advised to use rabbit meat:
- Children and adolescents. Vegetables, fruits and cereals do not provide the body with essential vitamins and microelements. For babies, the rabbit is the best meat dish. The product helps the proper development of nails, teeth, bones.
- To old people. The healing properties of meat prevent aging, have a positive effect on all systems of human organs.
- Pregnant and lactating women. During childbirth, the product is necessary for the normal development of the baby. During lactation, the rate is increased gradually, checking the reaction of the newborn.
- For those involved in sports. Rabbit meat helps to gain muscle mass, adds strength and energy.
- Overweight people. Rabbit meat is great for diet food. It helps to lose weight due to its low calorie content, easy digestibility, the presence of many vitamins and nutrients.
Rabbit meat is especially recommended for the following diseases:
- stomach ulcer,
- malignant tumors,
- radiation sickness,
Rabbit fat is very useful. It has a wound healing and anti-inflammatory effect. It is used internally for diseases of the throat and lungs, poor condition of hair, nails and skin. In Europe, many cosmetic companies buy rabbit fat to manufacture their products. In the people there are many recipes for rejuvenation based on this product.
How to choose meat
It is best to grow a rabbit yourself. Environmentally friendly product is always healthier. This is a guarantee of high quality and profitable investment. If this is not possible, you should seriously consider the choice of meat. When making a purchase on the market or in a store, you should pay attention to the following points:
- Fresh meat should have a light pink color and a dense elastic structure. The flesh of an adult crawl is darker.
- There is practically no smell of rabbit meat. If the carcass smells of hay - the meat is old.
- The young rabbit weighs usually no more than 1 kg. The meat of a large animal will be drier and callous.
- On the carcass should not be cuts, spots, weathered skin.
- Do not take defrosted meat. Therefore, you should pay attention to the presence of water or ice on it.
- Meat that has passed a fitness test has a special stamp.
- When pressed on the surface of the carcass fossa straightens.
Store rabbit in the refrigerator for no more than 2 days, and in the freezer no more than 1 month.
How best to cook a rabbit
The most useful ways to prepare a rabbit are stewing and baking. There will be no benefit from roasting and grilling. The taste of the product goes well with vegetables and cereals. It is customary to add black pepper, garlic, cloves, and thyme. Some housewives prefer delicious dishes of rabbit with fruit. Meat in combination with pears or oranges acquires an unusual and savory taste.
Before cooking, it is advised to dip the meat in water for 3-5 hours. During this time, you need to change the liquid several times. Water will make the meat more tender and remove the unpleasant smell. It is advisable to marinate meat in vinegar, olive oil, wine or milk whey before frying or baking. To cook the whole carcass, it will take 40 minutes, taking into account the fact that it was cut into pieces. Bake the meat at a temperature of no more than 160 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
The rabbit is cut in the same way as the chicken. Cooks are advised not to cook the whole rabbit, each part has its own cooking time. Meat from the back is better to fry, and from the front cook or simmer. Sometimes the carcass is completely baked in foil, flavoring it with spices and spices. Delicious burgers are made from ground rabbit. The most popular dishes are:
- braised rabbit in sour cream,
- roast in pots,
- rabbit soup with noodles,
Fans of outdoor recreation prefer to grill skewers on rabbit skewers, stuffed with bacon. Eating such a product should be in reasonable quantities, because the fried meat crust contains harmful substances.
Contraindications to eating rabbit meat
Despite the fact that the product is considered one of the safest and most beneficial, rabbit meat also has a number of contraindications. Remember that with gout rabbit meat is acceptable, but in small quantities - no more than 150 grams per day. When excess meat can provoke an exacerbation of the disease. To reduce the amount of purine bases and make the meat safer for patients with gout, it should be boiled in several waters, that is, drain the broth after boiling 2-3 times.
In addition, the rabbit meat can not be digested, otherwise in the muscle fibers formed hydrocyanic acid, which reduces the acidity of the environment in the body. This can be harmful, especially for diseases such as arthritis or psoriasis. The rest of the meat can be considered useful and quite safe. It is better to buy carcasses from proven breeders who grow animals in ecologically clean areas - far from megacities, industrial plants, etc. After all, the quality of meat depends on the nutrition of the animal.
Breeding rabbits is a pleasure. They are very prolific and grow quickly, which provides breeders with a good profit. Rabbit meat can be stored in the refrigerator for no more than two days. For long-term storage, cut carcass is better to put in the freezer. The rabbit is valued not only for its tasty and dietetic meat, wool and down of the animal, its internal fat and even manure, which makes valuable fertilizers, are put up for sale. Therefore, the breeding of rabbits is considered quite profitable. Eat rabbit meat, because its benefits are undeniable!
The composition of rabbit: vitamins and nutrients
Rabbit has a lot of high-grade, easily digestible protein and amino acids (including the essential ones - lysine, tryptophan and methionine), but there are few fats and almost no carbohydrates. And by the composition of mineral elements and vitamins, the meat of this animal is able to overshadow all other varieties. For example, it contains a sufficient amount of useful substances such as zinc, fluorine, copper, manganese and potassium, abounds in iron, cobalt, magnesium and phosphorus, and by the presence of sulfur it is considered to be among the record-breakers among similar food products.
As for the vitamin composition, rabbit meat is a storehouse of vitamins E, A, C and group B, and to provide the adult human body with the daily rate of cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), it is enough to eat only 100 g of this product.
Rabbit for health
Such a rich vitamin and chemical composition of rabbit meat makes it extremely healthy, so it can be recommended for food menus of all ages, including children, as well as for use in therapeutic diets. Next, we list some of its healing properties that have a beneficial effect on the human body.
Rabbit meat is well digested, so it will be useful in case of disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, in diseases of the liver, pancreas and gall bladder. In addition, children and people of old age, women during pregnancy and lactation, as well as those who are subjected to heavy physical exertion (athletes, etc.) or those who are engaged in extreme conditions (divers, pilots) need such an easily digestible protein. etc).
Please note: with respect to these categories of people, it’s more a matter of medical or proper nutrition than of diets for weight loss.
Rabbit meat contains a small amount of sodium salts, so it is indispensable for hypertension, and due to the fact that it is low in cholesterol, but a lot of lecithin, it is perfect for feeding atherosclerosis patients.
Due to its high iron content, it will be useful for anemia, and B vitamins will have a beneficial effect on the functioning of the nervous system as a whole.
Rabbit meat can reduce the harmful effects of radiation on the human body, so it is recommended to include it in the nutritional menu of cancer patients during chemotherapy. But this property is inherent only in meat obtained from a young rabbit. The fact is that the organism of these animals at the age of up to seven months does not perceive strontium: a radioactive substance used to irradiate cancerous tumors.
People exposed to various allergic reactions, including skin diseases (dermatitis, etc.) must include this meat product in the diet, as this may reduce the severity of the disease.
Rabbit for beauty
Useful rabbit meat and beauty. Since it is rich in vitamins A, E, C, it can rightly be called a powerful natural antioxidant that takes care of the condition of the skin and hair, preventing them from premature aging. This property is also used by manufacturers of cosmetics that use the internal fat of a mammal as a basis for anti-aging creams. In addition, this ingredient is hypoallergenic, so it is included in the composition of preparations for the external treatment of allergic rashes.
Rabbit fat can be used for cosmetic or medicinal purposes, as well as at home. Then, in the first case, it is used for colds as a means of rubbing, and in the second, as a cream for moisturizing and nourishing the skin of the hands. And for a remedy, and for a cosmetic cream, fat can be taken not only in pure form, but also in combination with honey (usually in proportion: two parts of fat to one honey dish).
Rabbit for weight loss
Recall that rabbit meat is referred to as a dietary type of meat because of its low fat content and low calorie content, so it represents another find in the treasury of those who dream of a slender taut figure. Moreover, almost all nutritionists agree that regularly including rabbit meat in the food menu can not only reduce weight, but also improve metabolism, as well as normalize the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates in the body.
The uniqueness of this meat product is also in the fact that it is not only an excellent source of easily digestible protein, but also fat, consisting mainly of healthy fatty acids, which are also fully absorbed by the human body. And this will make effective weight loss not only possible, but also safe for health.
However, in fairness, we note that all these properties are more characteristic of meat obtained from a young animal. It is considered that the meat of a three to five month old rabbit is best suited for the diet menu, since as it grows, the amount of protein and fat in the tissues of a mammal increases, and this increases the caloric content of the final product.
Rabbit meat: diets for weight loss
This type of meat is ideal for those who adhere to the principles of good nutrition and prefer low-fat foods. If we talk about the choice of diets using rabbit, then there are not so many of them. To date, only 10-day protein weight loss on rabbit meat, as well as several options for fasting days are offered. Below we will focus on the description of these dietary systems in more detail.
Meat diet on rabbit
This menu is a type of meat diet and is designed for 10 days, after which it is promised to get rid of 5 kilograms of excess weight. The basis of the diet here will be rabbit, which can be prepared by any means, with the exception of frying, as this increases the caloric content of the finished dish.
A diet for weight loss in rabbit meat involves the following rules:
In addition to rabbit meat, it is allowed to eat:
- lean fish, seafood and eggs,
- lentils and mushrooms,
- cottage cheese and cheeses (hard or pickled),
- vegetables (with the exception of beets, corn, carrots and potatoes).
Of the drinks, you can afford a reasonable amount of natural coffee, black and green tea, fresh vegetables, but non-carbonated mineral water or clean drinking water should be consumed in the amount of 1.5-2 liters per day.
Forbidden foods include:
- salt, including all industrial or home-made pickles,
- sugar, all sweeteners, and confectionery,
- all fruits and berries,
- all flour products (bread, pastries, pasta, etc.),
- dairy and dairy products (with the exception of cottage cheese and cheese),
- packaged juices, fresh fruit and sweet carbonated drinks,
- all kinds of alcohol.
During the day, there are three main meals and two snacks, while dinner should be held no later than 20.00.
Important: the proposed diet is low-calorie and enriched with protein, and this option is not for everyone. Even if you are relatively healthy, before the start of the diet it will be useful to consult a doctor.
Below is a sample menu for the day:
- For breakfast, eat a portion of scrambled eggs and drink a cup of unsweetened coffee with a small piece of hard cheese.
- After 2-2.5 hours, have a bite with a salad of fresh cabbage with onions and green peas (a portion of 100-150 g).
- For lunch, boil tomato soup with lentils, and for the second, bake a rabbit with vegetables. Eat about 150 ml of the first dish and 200 g of the second.
- In afternoon tea, treat yourself to boiled eggs (2 pcs.) And drink a glass of fresh vegetables (for example, celery and tomatoes).
- For dinner, eat 150-200 g of cottage cheese or a portion of boiled fish with steamed vegetables.
Important: you can conclude that the choice of diet programs with the use of rabbit meat, to put it mildly, is limited, but in fact almost any diet for weight loss, especially protein, can be adapted to this product. It is necessary either to completely replace the proposed meat products with the meat of this fluffy animal, or to diversify the diet by introducing rabbit into the food menu along with other types of meat, without increasing their daily intake.
Protein fasting days on rabbit meat
Unloading on rabbit meat is also an adapted version of meat-based weight loss, while it is allowed to arrange no more than one or two such days per week. The duration of the unloading diet is one month; repetition is possible every 3-4 months. You must also follow certain rules:
- It is allowed to combine this protein product with any vegetables of your choice (but not with potatoes and corn). Meat and vegetables are boiled, stewed or baked, and garlic, onions, dry greens, pepper and mustard can be seasoned to meat. A portion of rabbit meat will be about 400 g, and vegetables - 400-600 g.
- The proposed products are divided into five to six servings and are evenly distributed throughout the day, with the last meal should take place 2-3 hours before a night's sleep.
- In the main meals it is allowed to drink natural unsweetened coffee (it is possible with the addition of skim milk), any unsweetened tea and rosehip broth. Do not give up on dairy products, but should choose drinks with a minimum percentage of fat. In addition, you will need to drink 2 liters of water. Any liquid offer to drink either before the meal, or an hour after it.
Contraindications for the inclusion of rabbit in the food menu
Rabbit meat is certainly beneficial and safe for human health, so it should be included in the daily diet for almost everyone, with rare exceptions, which are:
- idiosyncrasy of the product, including, oddly enough, rare cases of allergy to this type of meat,
- diseases of the joints, in particular, gout (especially in the acute stage), and for such diseases as arthrosis and arthritis its consumption is limited.
In conclusion, we present an interesting fact about rabbits. Previously, seafarers, finding a deserted island, specifically left these mammals on it, but did not give them food. It was believed that these furry animals are well adapted in the wild and have a high survival rate. In the end, all this increased the chances of survival of the shipwrecked on such an island, because then animals could become a source of food and allow people to survive until they were found. Of course, such "breeders" hardly thought about the beneficial properties of rabbit meat, but in one they were exactly right: it is ideal for the human nutrition menu and can give the body almost all the necessary substances to ensure its normal vital activity.