The article discusses Kuril tea. You will learn how it looks, where it grows and what it contains. We will talk about the benefits of Kuril tea and contraindications. Following our advice, you will learn how to prepare plant-based medicines for the treatment of gastric diseases, disorders of the female genital organs, urolithiasis and immunity.
Shrub pyatilniki - branchy upright shrub of the family Pink (lat. Rosaceae). The Latin name is Pentaphylloides fruticosa. Other names - Kuril tea or Potentilla shrub. Appearance (photo) of Kuril tea
How does it look
Shrub Kuril tea reaches a height of 150 cm. The plant lasts up to 30 years. The branches are erect, the bark is brown-gray or brown-red. Young shoots are covered with silky hairs.
Peristo-complex leaves are oblong-ovate, consist of 2, less often 3, pairs of leaflets covered with hairs. The length of the sheet plate - up to 30 mm, width - up to 10 mm.
At the tops of the shoots are located from 1 to 7 yellow five-lobed flowers, each of which contains 30 stamens, due to which the middle of the flower looks fluffy. The plant blooms from mid-June to late August.
Fruits are small curved achenes up to 2 mm long and up to 1 mm wide. Kuril tea fructifies from late August to September.
Kuril tea herb is found almost throughout the northern hemisphere. Prefers moist, drained soil and light areas.
The plant is resistant to cold, able to grow in permafrost conditions. The shrub grows in mountainous areas, in forests, tundra, floodplains, on stone placers.
The most extensive areas of bush growth are in Eastern Siberia, Central Asia, China, Japan, Mongolia and the Far East. Kuril tea is found in Europe, North America and the Caucasus.
Flowers, leaves and rhizomes of Kuril tea
Flowers, leaves and rhizomes of Kuril tea are used as medicinal raw materials.. You can prepare them yourself or purchase ready-made products that have passed quality control. In pharmacies, you can buy medicinal raw materials in the form of filter bags - Kuril tea, Siberian health.
Kuril tea contains:
- essential oils,
- vitamin C,
- phenolic acids,
An important feature of Kuril tea - a high content of vitamin C. In the plant it is 5 times more than in lemon.
As we found out, the bush shrubfoil has a rich composition. We will tell you in more detail how beneficial Kuril tea is for the body.
The plant tea Kuril has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and hemostatic effects. The plant is used to treat diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and the urogenital system.
Kuril tea has antiviral and immunomodulatory effects. Plant-based products are often used to treat flu and ARVI.
Shrub pentacis has a beneficial effect on the nervous system. Drinks based on it are used as sedatives with increased nervous excitability, stress, and depression.
How to collect
Kuril tea leaves are harvested throughout the growing season, flowers from July to August, rhizomes from September to the first frost or in early spring. Collect young and already formed leaves and unblown buds.
Medicinal raw materials are dried in the open air at moderate humidity and without direct sunlight. Store dried leaves and flowers in paper bags or cloth bags in a cool ventilated area.
How to applyKuril tea is used in traditional medicine. Kuril tea is widely used in traditional medicine. On its basis, therapeutic infusions and decoctions are prepared for internal and external use.
Drugs based on Kuril tea are taken for disorders of the nervous, digestive and urinary systems. Infusion plants are used in gynecology to stop uterine bleeding.
A decoction of a five-leaf shrub applied in dentistry. It effectively eliminates inflammation, pain syndrome and disinfects the oral cavity during stomatitis, gingivitis and periodontitis.
Kuril tea is taken with diabetes. Drink normalizes fat metabolism in the body and reduces blood sugar levels.
Plant-based products are applied externally. With infusion of Kuril tea make compresses with dermatitis and eczema. They have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects and help restore the epidermis.
Consider a few recipes of traditional medicine for the treatment of gastric diseases, urolithiasis, disorders of the female genital organs and immunity. We'll tell you how to brew Kuril tea.
Infusion with gastric diseases
Infusion of Kuril tea is used for gastric diseases, disorders of the biliary tract and urinary system. The tool has a powerful anti-inflammatory and antibacterial action.
- Kuril tea - 1 tablespoon.
- Water - 250 ml.
How to cook: Fill the Kuril tea with a glass of boiling water, cover the container with a lid and leave for 1.5 hours.
How to use: Take 1-2 tablespoons up to 3 times per day before meals.
Result: Infusion effectively eliminates pain, reduces inflammation and helps restore the gastric mucosa.
Decoction for immunity
Due to the high content of vitamin C, the decoction of Kuril tea is used to strengthen the immune system. The drink has an antiviral effect, so it is used for SARS and influenza.
- Kuril tea - 2 tablespoons.
- Water - 500 ml.
How to cook: Fill the Kuril tea with water, put the container in a water bath and bring to a boil. Boil the beverage under the lid for 10 minutes. Before use, let the agent brew for at least 2 hours.
How to use: Take 2 tablespoons 3 times a day.
Result: Decoction increases the body's defenses, fights against pathogenic bacteria and viruses.
Broth Kuril tea is used to treat the genitourinary system. It should be noted that the tool significantly speeds up the movement of stones, so it is taken after therapy to grind them, in order to reduce pain.
- Kuril tea - 3 tablespoons.
- Water - 500 ml.
How to cook: Pour boiling water over Kuril tea, leave for 2 hours, then put in a water bath and bring to a boil. Tomit on minimum heat for no more than 10 minutes, remove from the stove and leave for another 15-20 minutes.
How to use: Take 10 ml 2-3 times a day.
Result: Drink effectively reduces inflammation, promotes the movement of stones in the ureter and reduces pain.
In gynecology, infusions and decoctions of Kuril tea are used for ingestion and douching. Funds used to reduce blood loss during menstruation and treatment of cervical erosion and colpitis. Consider the recipe solution.
- Kuril tea - 1 tsp.
- Water - 200 ml.
How to cook: Boil the leaves of the Kuril tea for 5 minutes on low heat, remove from the stove and strain the medium through a double layer of gauze.
How to use: Type a warm decoction in the syringe and perform the procedure. The treatment regimen is 2 times a day for 10 days.
Result: The tool effectively relieves inflammation, eliminates discomfort and normalizes the mucous membranes of the genital organs.
Kuril tea for external use is used in the treatment of wounds and burns, boils and carbuncles, dermatitis and eczema. For medicinal purposes, use fresh leaves of the plant and their decoction.
- Kuril tea leaves - 10 gr.
- Water - 250 ml.
How to cook: Grind the leaves of Kuril tea, fill them with boiling water and put in a water bath. Tomit means on the minimum fire under a cover within 15 minutes. Strain the broth.
How to use: Moisten a cotton pad or cloth in the resulting broth, squeeze and apply to the damaged area for 15 minutes. Repeat the procedure 2-3 times a day. Broth is used for irrigation of skin in places of burns.
Result: Relieves inflammation, soothes skin and eliminates redness.
It is necessary to use means on the basis of Kuril tea with care and strictly according to the instruction. Abuse of the plant leads to disruption of the kidneys, cardiovascular and digestive systems.
Contraindications to the use of Kuril tea:
- low blood pressure
- renal failure
- individual intolerance.
Opinions of scientists on the question of what kind of plant attributed to the pentate leaf diverge. Some researchers believe that it belongs to the genus Potentilla, others - Dasiphora. Russian botanists attribute the plant to the genus Pentaphylloides.
This plant belongs to the Rosanov subfamily (Latin Rosoideae), the family Pink (Latin Rosaceae), Rosaceae (Latin Rosales), the Dicotyledon class (Latin Dicotyledones), and the Floral division (Latin Magnoliophyta).
What to remember
- Drugs based on Kuril tea are taken for disorders of the nervous, digestive and urinary systems.
- Infusions and decoctions of plants have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, hemostatic, immunomodulatory and antiviral action.
- Abuse of products based on Kuril tea leads to disruption of the kidneys, cardiovascular and digestive systems.
Please support the project - tell about us
Kuril tea, in the botanical dictionary “Potentilla shrub” is a plant often found in Europe. Homeland plants - Siberia. During the period of autumnal cold in the Far East, dried leaves of Potentilla were brewed to obtain a tonic drink.
Potentilla ranked as an ornamental plant. Variety Pretty Poly adorns the fences of garden lattices colored carpet of multicolored petals. Bushes of small height with small bright flowers - a godsend for the garden. Depending on the variety, the flowers are divided into yellow, cream, scarlet and orange. Potentilla shrub blooming time - June-August.
The health benefits of Kuril tea became known in the 20th century. The drink has a mild flavor and a rich vitamin and mineral composition.
Relieves inflammation and relieves pain
Kuril tea treats:
- women's diseases - erosion of the uterus and adnexitis - inflammation of the appendages,
- gastrointestinal tract diseases - gastric ulcer, colitis, gastritis, eliminates constipation,
Potentilla is a remedy for the treatment of diseases of the mouth - stomatitis, gingivitis and tonsillitis. The plant relieves inflammation and pain.
Kuril tea during pregnancy
Drink during pregnancy is contraindicated. Immunostimulating, laxative and diuretic effects will negatively affect well-being. Possible risks to the fetus.
If, against the background of a course of antibiotics, dysbacteriosis symptoms appear, nursing mothers can drink Kuril tea, but not more than 200 ml.
The use of Kuril tea
It is impossible to achieve the maximum effect of Kuril tea with improper collection of plants and brewing.
- Cut off the top shoots of the plant.
- Spread on clean dry gauze under the sun for 2 hours.
- Clean in a dark place for a couple of weeks.
- Collect dried shoots from lethargic and sick.
- Store collected raw materials in a tight-fitting glass container. Avoid exposure to sunlight.
To reduce stress
Kuril tea has a beneficial effect on the work of the central nervous system: it helps to reduce stress, quickly fall asleep and eliminate panic attacks.
- 1 tablespoon chopped roots of Potentilla pour 200 ml of boiled water.
- Boil 10 minutes.
- Leave for 2 hours.
Drink 1 tablespoon 3-4 times a day for half an hour before meals.
In case of diseases of internal organs
Use Kuril tea to relieve inflammation and pain.
- Prepare a decoction - for 1 boiling water 1 tablespoon of Kuril tea.
- Drink half a glass before eating 2 times a day for chronic illness. In case of exacerbation and pain - 3 times in high concentration.
For the treatment of wounds, burns, dermatitis, inflammation of the eye shell
Compress with Kuril tea will help to heal wounds, relieve inflammation in case of burns, has a beneficial effect on the skin during itching and rashes, disinfects the eye mucosa during inflammations.
- Put 3 spoons of tea on a glass of boiling water.
- Cook over low heat.
- Make lotions or compresses using sterile wipes or bandages. Compress hold for 15 minutes.
For the treatment of female diseases
Douching broth Kuril tea is effective for erosion, colpitis, cystitis, adnexitis, infectious and bacterial inflammation of the vagina and bleeding.
- Prepare for 1 liter of boiled water 4 spoons of tea.
- Cook the broth in a water bath for half an hour.
- Use for douching 2 times a day for 10 days.
In case of heavy menstrual or breakthrough bleeding when using oral contraceptives:
- Prepare a decoction: 1 teaspoon of 200 ml of water.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Drink 1 от4 decoction 3 times a day for 3 days.
For the treatment of diseases of the bladder
When inflammation of pyelonephritis, cystitis and urethritis, Kuril tea is needed to flush out bacteria from the walls of the ureter and prevent inflammation.
Kuril prevents the formation of stones in the bladder and removes salt.
Use as a regular drink.
- Brew 1 tablespoon of Kuril tea in a glass of boiled water.
- Let it brew for 25 minutes.
- Drink the entire contents of the glass.
To activate the work of the digestive organs, cleanse the liver and normalize the functions of the gallbladder
In case of stagnation of bile, Kuril tea will eliminate the symptoms of stagnation of bile, remove stones from the gallbladder and normalize the work of the digestive system. It will help in the splitting, digestion of food and promotes the absorption of nutrients.
Prepare a decoction:
- Spoon Kuril tea pour a glass of boiling water.
- Warm in a water bath for 30 minutes.
- Drink 2 tbsp. spoons before eating.
To get rid of the symptoms of poisoning
To eliminate the symptoms of intoxication in case of poisoning will help the broth of Kuril tea.
- Pour 2 tbsp. spoons Potentilla 200 ml of boiled water.
- Put in a water bath for 30 minutes.
- 48 hours take 50 ml of broth every 2 hours.
- The body must get rid of signs of intoxication. Drink 1 to 4 times the tea content for 4 days in a row.
To get rid of gastrointestinal infections
Kuril tea in combination with other drugs is effective in getting rid of Staphylococcus aureus, intestinal flu, amebic disintegrate, rotavirus infection, diarrhea, and bacterial dysbacteriosis.
- 2 tablespoons of Kuril tea pour a glass of boiled water.
- Drink 100 ml before meals.
The decoction will help eliminate dysbiosis in the treatment with antibiotics and will relieve digestive disorders.
Kuril slimming tea
Kuril tea is an effective by-product in the complex for weight loss.
- cleans the intestines of toxins and restores the microflora. With proper intestinal function, the process of losing weight will be effective and harmless,
- speeds up metabolism. The elements in the composition of Kuril tea break down body fat at the cellular level,
- reduces appetite
- normalizes the digestive system,
- removes fluid from the body.
Prepare a slimming drink:
- Brew 1 tablespoon of Potentilla into a glass of boiling water.
- Let it brew for 25 minutes.
- Drink the entire contents of the glass.
Drink daily for a whole glass of tea 30 minutes before meals for a month.
How useful is Kuril tea - useful properties and contraindications
Silverweed or Kuril tea is a healing plant in the form of a low perennial shrub up to 1.5 meters high.
It is found in the Altai Mountains, in the Caucasus, in Central Asia, China and Siberia.
Most often the plant grows in mountainous areas with medium moisture.
The plant blooms from June to September with single flowers, with a diameter of about 3 cm or inflorescences of white or yellow.
Potentilla is resistant to cold and can grow even in permafrost.
Attractive appearance allows the use of potentilla on the plot for decorative purposes.
Cultivated varieties of plants can be red-orange or pale pink.
The various components of Kuril tea - leaves, shoots and flowers, have unique properties that allow the plant to be used for the prevention and treatment of various diseases and pathologies since ancient times.
The composition and beneficial properties of Kuril tea
The composition and properties of Kuril tea are very close to the composition and properties of ordinary tea. In addition, the taste of Kuril tea is difficult to distinguish from the beloved black classic tea. So, why is the use of Kuril tea so useful?
All parts of the plant (flowers, leaves and shoots) are rich in substances such as:
The aboveground part of the plant (especially the leaves) contains the following trace elements:
In addition, essential oils, phenolic acids, saponins and resins are present in tea leaves. The use of Kuril tea with its properties will help a person to saturate his body with vitamin C. A distinctive feature of Kuril tea is the fact that it contains 5 times more vitamin C than lemon. In addition, there is carotenoids and P-active substances in Kuril tea. Carotenoids are pigments that are quite rare in plants. The only exceptions are apricots and carrots. These substances are recognized as an excellent means of preventing cancer (especially skin and lung cancer). X-active substances in the composition of the plant determine the antimicrobial and antiviral properties of Kuril tea.
People have long found the use of Kuril tea. Virtually all parts of this plant are used in traditional medicine. Broths from this plant, due to the healing properties of Kuril tea, have the following actions on the body:
Kuril bush tea - description, composition, photo
In its natural environment deciduous shrub grows on rocky slopes, rocks. It reaches a height of about 1 m. The bush has a spherical shape, which is attached to it by dense branches, densely covered with leaves. In diameter it reaches 1.5 m.
Golden-yellow flowers of five petals can grow as a separate scattering or unite into small inflorescences (brushes). The flower has a soft sweet aroma and reaches about 3 cm in diameter in diameter. Flowering continues throughout the summer - from June to August.
Due to its unique composition, Kuril tea has gained great popularity. It contains the following components:
- essential oils,
- phenol acids,
- vegetable resins,
- natural antioxidants
- vitamins of group P,
- vitamin C,
Possessing such a rich chemical composition, the plant carries a lot of beneficial therapeutic effects.
Kuril tea, medicinal properties and use
Infusions and decoctions of shrub Kuril tea have long been used in Mongolian and Tibetan medicine. It tastes similar to black leaf and contains a huge amount of vitamin C, many times more than in lemon. Due to this property, tea is an effective preventive measure for colds, which is especially valuable during the cold season.
Also the following medicinal properties are inherent in the components of this tea:
- fight against harmful microbes and bacteria
- resist viruses
- hemostatic - increase blood clotting,
- activates the flow of bile
- struggling with inflammatory processes in the body,
- cause excessive sweating,
- normalize metabolism
- struggling with atherosclerosis
- increase the elasticity of the veins and blood vessels
- cancer prevention.
Potentilla - from what helps?
Current use of tea for such health problems:
- Gastrointestinal tract. Relieves a person's condition with flatulence (bloating), heartburn, diarrhea (diarrhea). As an adjuvant helps in the treatment of various ulcerative processes.
- Poisoning. Eliminates the symptoms of poisoning as pesticides, and with excessive use of alcohol.
- Diseases caused by bacteria. Kuril tea is considered a natural antibiotic.
- The immune system. The use of tea is recommended both for the prevention of colds, flu, and to increase vitality in the postoperative period, after serious illnesses.
- Respiratory system. The plant is used for therapy as the upper respiratory tract (sore throat, laryngitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis) and lower (bronchitis, tracheitis). Also with pneumonia and even tuberculosis.
- Liver. Due to its cleansing anti-toxic properties, Kuril tea reduces the load not only on the liver, but also on the gallbladder and pancreas.
- Diabetes. After drinking tea or decoction, a decrease in blood sugar can be noted.
- Nervous system. It is recommended as a mild sedative for stresses and strong emotional upheavals. Also solves the problems associated with violations of sleep, provides a hypnotic effect.
- The circulatory system. Increases the elasticity of blood vessels, reduces the likelihood of blood clots. Contributes to the normalization of blood pressure.
- Bleeding Improves blood clotting.
- Urinary system. Kuril tea has a mild diuretic effect. It is recommended for inflammation of the kidneys, bladder and urinary tract. Relieves swelling.
- Gynecological diseases. Douching decoction will help in the treatment of bleeding, erosive lesions of the cervix, inflammatory processes.
- Dermatological problems. Lotions and rinses are used in the treatment of boils, acne, eczema, and carbunculosis. Also, tea is used for washing purulent wounds.
The main recommendations are given below:
- Having transferred an intestinal infection, it is possible to detect one of the serious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- To pathology has not developed, you need treatment, to which it is nice to add the use of strong Kuril tea.
- To prepare strong drinks 4-6 large spoons of herbs are taken.
- This portion of tea is designed for 0.5 liters of water.
- After boiling, continue cooking for a maximum of 15 minutes.
- If your doctor does not mind, take 50 milliliters, every 2 hours.
- It is this concentrated decoction that is suitable for rinsing in case of infectious diseases in the respiratory system.
Suitable for washing skin lesions - burns and wounds.
- External use of Kuril tea: Broth for lotions and washing of wounds. Take 3 tablespoons of crushed plant roots and pour 500 ml of water. Bring the liquid to a boil and boil for 10 minutes, then infuse for 4 hours and strain. Apply the remedy as needed (until the pain disappears). This decoction is also suitable for rinsing the mouth with stomatitis and periodontal disease, in this case it is necessary to carry out the procedure 3-4 times a day, as well as apply lotions with the product on the inflamed areas of the gums.
- A strong decoction to get rid of boils and boils. A mixture of 100 g of water and 2 tablespoons of dry shoots and roots boil for 8–10 minutes, then let it stand for 2 hours, then filter. Applying the composition to the sore spots - tannins will stretch the pus and relieve inflammation.
Potentilla root decoction
We will tell you what to do to make an anti-stress drink.
- Take a container of water - 200 milliliters.
- Put the rhizomes of Potentilla - 1 large spoon.
- Duration of cooking - 10 minutes.
- Waiting time for infusion - 2 hours.
- The dosage is 1 large spoon, consumed half an hour before a session of food.
Kuril tea for men
Since the male population is characterized by intoxication of the body with various substances, food poisoning, the beneficial components of Kuril tea in this situation will come to the rescue. Potentilla erect for men contributes to:
- normalization of the function of the prostate gland,
- restoration of the urogenital system,
- increase in sexual desire
- increase potency
- improving erection
- reduce the negative impact of stressful situations.
How to choose a product
Kuril tea should be packed in opaque cardboard boxes or paper bags. Only in such conditions, he retains useful properties as long as possible. Tea shelf life - 1 year.
When buying, you need to read the information on the package. The greatest benefit is a drink made up of young shoots of the plant. If it is indicated that the roots are included in the composition, it is better to refuse the purchase.