The healing properties of aspen ordinary (or shivering poplar) were noticed by the ancient Slavs. Our ancestors actively used different parts of the tree for the preparation of healing fees, tinctures and decoctions, which were used in healers practice.
Many centuries have passed, but herbal remedies made from various parts of the aspen tree, despite the development of the competing market of medicines, have gained even greater popularity among the people. Nowadays, the raw material of this plant is used not only in pure form. Various antipyretic drugs, antibiotics, antispasmodics and other synthetic drugs are made from it.
Use in traditional medicine
Aspen - a well-known medicinal plant. Thanks to the healing properties of the kidneys, bark, leaves, the tree has proven to be an excellent helper in the treatment of many diseases: hemorrhoids, toothache, pneumonia, dysentery, smallpox, tuberculosis, ulcers, burns, gastrointestinal problems, depression, skin diseases.
Drugs made on the basis of medicinal raw materials help to get rid of helminthiasis, opisthorchiasis, diseases of the bladder, rheumatism, gout and other ailments. In addition, traditional medicine has in its arsenal aspen drugs, effective in the absence of appetite, high temperature, various pain sensations. This drug is primarily useful for older people, as it is well tolerated and has virtually no side effects. Contraindications to the reception are chronic constipation and dysbiosis.
The bark is one of the most useful parts of aspen. Her medicinal properties are invaluable. Due to the presence of a large amount of carbohydrates, tannins, it is actively used as a natural antimicrobial agent. As for the core, it often becomes the main component of healing ointments, since its anti-inflammatory properties have long been known to science. Such drugs are often recommended to patients for the treatment of ulcers, wounds, burns.
Fox and kidneys are effective remedies for cough. Phytopreparations made on their basis dilute phlegm, remove it from the bronchi. In addition, aspen buds are used to make propolis. It is widely used to treat a large number of ailments. It is also invaluable in cosmetology due to its rejuvenating, soothing and moisturizing effect.
Aspen leaves are often made with various compresses and poultices. They heal patients with hemorrhoids, gout, rheumatism. To do this, take 3 tablespoons of crushed raw materials, steam it with boiling water or steam, wrapped in a bandage or gauze and applied to the painful area. Such procedures greatly facilitate the course of arthrosis and arthritis, as they significantly reduce unbearable pain in the joints. In addition, the leaves accelerate the healing of ulcers and wounds, eliminate the symptoms of eczema.
Bark is usually used to treat diseases of the intestines and stomach, bladder, neuralgia, syphilis, scurvy, hernia, sciatica, sciatica. For this purpose they make such a decoction: 45 grams of raw material, previously crushed, is poured with boiling water (500 ml). The mixture is cooked on low heat. The medicine will be ready when the crust is evaporated to half the original volume. Then the broth must be filtered, for taste, it can be sweetened with honey. Take it three times a day, 80 ml.
Aspen buds often become the main ingredient of ointments. For the manufacture of the drug they are carefully ground, mixing with vegetable or butter - this is how a natural medicinal cream is obtained. It is applied to various abrasions, bruises, diseased areas of the skin. At the same time, an infusion of kidneys softens hemorrhoids, relieves pain in gout and arthritis. In this case, the medicine is used as an external agent.
Using other parts of the tree
Very useful alcohol tincture made from aspen branches, mixed with bark and leaves of the tree. It is drunk by patients with gastrointestinal problems, people suffering from hemorrhoids and urogenital ailments. They take medicine in the form of drops.
Aspen root often becomes the basis of healing ointments. It is ground to powder and mixed with vegetable oil (1: 4). Used for gout, rheumatism, arthritis - rubbing the drug in painful places.
At the same time, aspen juice helps to get rid of warts, eliminating other skin diseases. To make it, take a log and heat it over a fire or in a stove. It is heat that provokes secretions from the tree of foaming juice. It should be applied to the affected skin three times a day.
The medicine can often be found in the following forms:
- Tincture of aspen bark. Its use is possible with cystitis, gastritis, hemorrhoids, dysentery. Preparing the infusion is simple - in the ratio of 1:10, that is, for one part of the medicinal raw material take 10 parts of alcohol (40%). The liquid is infused for four days, after which it is filtered. Infusion drink one teaspoon three times a day.
- Decoction. For its production take buds, bark and leaves of the tree. Drink with arthritis, gout, inflammatory processes of the bladder. The decoction is useful to drink for pregnant women, during the rehabilitation period after heavy operations. Together with the tincture it is also taken as an antipyretic.
- Extract. Can be purchased at the pharmacy. It has many beneficial properties: it normalizes sleep, boosts immunity, treats anemia, strengthens the nervous system. It helps in the treatment of cancer. Take the medicine three times a day, 10-20 drops.
Aspen is also capable of stabilizing blood sugar levels. Medicinal properties allow it to be used for the treatment of patients with diabetes. To do this, take the bark of the tree. On its basis, make a decoction. One tablespoon of dried and crushed bark is poured over with boiling water (200 ml). The mass should be boiled on the fire for 10 minutes, then strain. Use all the drug at one time. It is usually recommended to drink it in the morning before breakfast.
For the treatment of diabetes is also effective infusion of the cortex. Raw materials are crushed with a meat grinder and poured boiling water (ratio 1: 3). Insist 10 hours, filter and drink 200 ml daily on an empty stomach. The course lasts three weeks, after which you need to take a break for 10 days.
Aspen kvass is also very effective. It is prepared as follows: three-liter jar is filled to half with crushed bark, add a spoon of sour cream and a glass of sugar. Pour boiling water and kept for two weeks in the heat. Kvass drink three times a day a glass. After each reception, you need to add a spoonful of sugar and a glass of water. The course lasts two to three months.
How to get rid of prostatitis?
The aspen tree effectively fights the symptoms of this insidious disease. Usually, infusion of bark is recommended for patients: 100 grams of dried raw materials are ground and poured with 250 grams of vodka. Capacity is closed and insisted for two weeks, then filtered. Take three times a day, 20 drops. The course lasts two months.
For the treatment of prostatitis often use the collection: 100 grams of aspen bark and calgane root, 200 grams of sabelnik root. The crushed ingredients are poured into a jar and poured with vodka so that the raw material is completely covered. Insist three weeks. Take three times a day, one tablespoon. The course is a month.
We kill the parasites
Anthelmintic treatment of aspen is very effective. Often it is used to rid babies of annoying parasites. For this purpose, a decoction is made from the bark of the tree: 50 g of raw material is poured with 500 ml of cold water, put on the fire, brought to a boil and roasted for 10 minutes. Healing drug wrapped with a warm veil and insist three hours. Take the tool no more than five times a day - two sips on an empty stomach.
This is not all the healing properties of aspen. There are some more popular, effective recipes:
- Infusion for the treatment of cystitis. Two glasses of boiling water pour one tablespoon of bark. They languish in a water bath for about half an hour. Infusion is filtered and diluted to the original volume with boiled water. Drink 4 times a day for two tablespoons.
- Broth with mastopathy. Two liters of water is poured 500 grams of tree bark. The mass is brought to a boil and kept on low heat for about two hours. Broth cool and filter. Add 500 ml of vodka to it. The mixture is divided into 20 equal parts and taken on an empty stomach, one serving daily.
- Broth to eliminate the symptoms of jade. Crushed leaves, bark and branches of a tree. Take one tablespoon of raw materials and pour it with a glass of boiling water. Stand on the fire for another 10 minutes. Drink the medicine four times a day for half a cup. The course lasts 3-4 weeks.
- Decoction from toothache. It is made in any proportions (often 1: 3, where one third is crushed bark, the rest is water). Wash your mouth with warm liquid several times a day.
This is only a small part of all the recipes that are used to treat various diseases. And if you have decided to resort to the help of aspen, be sure to consult with your doctor before. After all, folk remedies are not as harmless as it seems at first glance. Therefore, the recommendations of an experienced doctor will save you from unwanted side effects.
Chemical composition of aspen bark
Aspen bark is a powerful medicine for a variety of diseases. It was from aspen that the first antibiotics and antimicrobial agents were made. Aspirin was even obtained from aspen, since the substance salicin was found in it, which is its natural prototype.
The composition of the aspen bark includes several dozen of biologically active substances. Energy sources in aspen bark are carbohydrates: fructose, glucose and sucrose. Organic acids (ascorbic, malic and benzoic), tannins, essential oils, phenolic glycosides (populin and salicin) are found in the cortex. Fatty acids (arachidic, lauric, capric, etc.), as well as resins and phenol glycosides, enhance the therapeutic effect. In addition, aspen bark is the source of such important for the human body trace elements as iron, copper, zinc, nickel, bromine, etc.
Herbal medicine in oncology: aspen and cancer treatment
Attention! The information below on the use of aspen in the treatment of cancer cannot be used as an alternative to the clinical treatment of oncological diseases, any independent treatment is unacceptable without prior consultation with the oncologist!
Aspen - deciduous tree up to 35 m high, belongs to the willow family. Aspen has powerful branched roots. The trunk is covered with smooth gray or light green bark, darker in its lower part. Aspen blooms in small buds that resemble earrings. Fruits resemble boxes with fluffy seeds.
Aspen is quite common in Europe and Asia. It is growing everywhere in almost all regions of Russia. It can be found in the Mongolian and Chinese forests, in Kazakhstan. It can grow on the wet shores of lakes and rivers, in swamps, and on the site of forest clearings and on sandy soils.
Many aspirations and legends are associated with aspen. For example, in fairy tales, aspen was an indispensable attribute of healing and resurrection rituals. The wood for this tree was used to make beds for the sick; it was believed that aspen was better than other trees to cope with illnesses. In the villages, it was often possible to find aspen branches stuck into the fence in order to protect the yard and the house from unclean forces.
People learned about the medicinal properties of aspen from observations of forest animals. Elks, hares, beavers and some other animals enjoy the bitter bark of the tree, which helps them survive the long, harsh winter. The curative properties of aspen people put themselves at the service - they began to make ointments, tinctures and even brew kvass from the bark of the tree. Aspen bark powder was used as a biologically active food supplement - it was appreciated by hunters because it gave vigor and strength to their long-distance hikes.
As a medicinal raw material is used mainly aspen bark, which is considered a universal remedy for the treatment of many diseases. Less commonly, for medicinal purposes, use the buds and leaves. For harvesting use the smooth bark of young trees. The harvesting period is April - May - at this time the maximum concentration of useful components is observed in the cortex, since the plant wakes up after a winter sleep and there is a movement of juice in it. Dried aspen bark retains its healing qualities for 3 years.
The healing properties of aspen bark
Read more about the treatment of prostatitis and adenoma
What are the medicinal properties and contraindications of aspen bark for male diseases?
- Aspen bark for prostate adenoma. This is one of the most popular folk remedies, which has absorbable, analgesic, anti-inflammatory properties. However, doctors warn that self-treatment can lead to a worsening of the situation and an increase in adenoma. With the most minor symptoms should consult a specialist and undergo a full examination. Treatment with folk remedies, in particular, aspen bark, is effective only in the initial stages of the disease. Launched forms of the disease in traditional medicine offer to be treated surgically.
- Aspen from prostatitis. Folk remedy relieves swelling, inflammation of the prostate gland, which reduces pain and normalizes the process of urination. It is also an excellent prophylactic agent for urogenital diseases, including those of a bacterial nature. With prostatitis can prescribe therapeutic microclysters and baths.
Alcohol tincture is considered to be the most effective for male diseases. They drink it for a long course, after the break they have a second course. It should be remembered that the drug gives an astringent effect and can cause constipation with prolonged treatment.
Application in cosmetology
The medicinal plant is not so popular in cosmetology, although it has a powerful antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, anti-aging effect. The plant contains a large supply of vitamins, organic acids, trace elements necessary for healthy hair and skin. How can this tool be applied?
- Hair It is useful to do rinsing water broth and infusions with brittle, dry hair. The tool can also be rubbed into the hair roots to strengthen them and nourish the scalp.
- The face. Alcohol tincture can be used only locally - for the treatment of boils, inflamed acne, pustules. As a lotion using water decoctions and infusions. These funds do not dry the skin, effective for acne, problem youthful skin. When acne can also be applied ointment from the ash or powder. The tool softens the hardened, weathered skin, makes it more elastic and elastic.
Under which symptoms and diagnoses is aspen bark treatment most effective? The tool is used to relieve coughing attacks, in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, endocrine, urogenital system in women and men, gout, rheumatism and neuralgia. Externally used for the treatment of burns, purulent wounds, eczema, boils, acne.
Composition and medicinal properties of aspen
- Aspen leaves are rich in: glycosides (their content reaches 2.2%), directly salicin, carotene, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), proteins, fats, fiber.
- The bark of this tree is rich in: glycosides (their content reaches 4.4%), in particular salicin, salicorotin, tremulacin, bitter glycosides and populin, essential oils, pectin, salicylase enzyme, tannins (their content reaches 10%), minerals: copper , molybdenum, cobalt, zinc, iron, iodine and nickel.
- The budding poplar buds are rich in: glycosides (salicin and populin), benzoic and malic acids, tannins, essential oils.
- Our official medicine does not use aspen preparations for the treatment of diseases. However, Western European doctors use drugs produced by the pharmacological industry on the basis of aspen to combat the pathologies in the prostate and bladder.
- Medicinal raw materials from aspen can be prescribed as an antipyretic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, diaphoretic, antirheumatic, diuretic and expectorant drug.
- Infusion and decoction made from aspen buds will help with arthritis, gout, hemorrhoids, bladder, prostate gland, and lungs.
Poultice from fresh aspen leaves used to combat hemorrhoids
Fresh aspen leaves should be chopped, and then take 2-3 tablespoons of such a mass, wrap it in gauze and steam it. After this, the poultice must be applied to the area affected by hemorrhoids. The same poultices will relieve pain in the joints with arthritis. The procedure must be performed from 3 to 4 times during one week. Note that the break between the poultry should be done at least 24 hours.
A decoction of aspen bark, prescribed for the treatment of prostatic hypertrophy, gastrointestinal tract pathology, bladder and fever
Dry aspen bark is ground to a powder in a mortar. Возьмите полторы столовой ложки такого порошка, залейте его полулитром воды и доведите его до кипения, поставив на огонь. После того как объем жидкости уменьшится в два раза, снимите отвар огня и процедите. Добавьте в отвар мед по своему вкусу.Drink the composition to take three doses per day, drinking 70-80 ml of funds at one time.
A decoction of aspen twigs, leaves and bark used in the treatment of jade
Crush young sprigs of aspen, its bark and dry leaves in a mortar. Then take 1 tablespoon of such raw materials and fill it with a glass of boiling water. Place the broth container on the fire, bring the liquid to a boil, and let the broth leave for another 10 minutes. Then remove it from the heat, let the liquid cool at room temperature and strain the broth. Take half a glass at a time. During the day you need to take three steps.
Aspen bud infusion used for nocturnal enuresis (nocturnal incontinence)
Grind with a mortar 2 teaspoons of aspen buds. Pour them into a thermos and pour 200 ml of boiling water. After that, close the thermos and leave it for 60 minutes, so that the decoction is present. Then strain the infusion and carefully squeeze the kidneys. Dosage of the drug: 1 tablespoon of infusion for half an hour before meals. You must perform 3 doses throughout the day.
Common aspen belongs to the genus Poplar. This is a species of deciduous trees, whose natural habitat is the latitudes of the temperate and cold climate of Europe and Asia. It is found in the countries of America, but very rarely.
The description of aspen is not much different from the characteristics. sets of large European trees. It is very tall, has sprawling knotty branches, a lush and thick green crown, huge roots that go deep into the ground. The tree is able to survive any wind, flood or wildfire. It is also often found in the landscape gardening area, and the phrase "poplar fluff" evokes a sensation of romance, spring and warmth in many. In the forest, aspen bark always has some damage, this is due to the fact that it is very fond of hares and other forest animals. Poplar wood is perfectly preserved in the aquatic environment, therefore earlier baths and wells were often made from this plant.
Biologically, this is heterosexual plant. Its stem is columnar in shape in diameter up to 1 meter, and the height of the tree can be up to 35 meters. Scientists say that poplar is growing very quickly, so it is beneficial to use it for planting large areas. Aspen is able to live to 120 years. The roots tend to grow strongly and actively form offspring, respectively, the reproduction of the tree occurs fairly quickly. The cover of the bark has a gray-green color, it is usually smooth and firm. Wood itself has a light shade.
Foliage alternately located on the branches. The sheets themselves are large, reaching a length of 7 centimeters. Depending on the variety, they can be round or rhombic. In autumn, the foliage acquires a golden-red hue, so the look of the poplar at this time is especially beautiful.
Aspen flowers are very distinguished by their shape - they collected in earrings. In the male plant they are reddish, and in the female - greenish. Poplar blooms before the leaves bloom, around mid-April, and produces fruit. The last incredibly small boxes of seeds, and from the seeds there appears such a legendary down.
Basic healing properties
Due to the rich composition of aspen, she It has many cured properties. For example, wood is a good antiseptic. Our ancestors argued that his foliage can be applied to the wound as a plantain, and the effect of this will be no worse. It is not a secret for anyone that with the help of aspen healing abilities one can relieve the inflammatory process, lower the body temperature, stop severe bleeding. Poplar can relieve pain during chronic padagre, relieve swelling and speed up the excretion of harmful substances to the body. Aspen is said to be a male tree. They believe that it gives a strong sex masculine strength and energy, prolongs life.
In the old days, and even now in the villages, people of the “old school” when saucing cabbage, put aspen twigs or logs in a barrel in order to destroy harmful microbes and enrich the product with additional minerals. Experienced housewives say that the food is even tastier.
Healing properties of the bark
The bark of this tree is a godsend for medicine. It has a lot of benefits, but in some cases it can also cause some harm. Aspen bark in the form of tincture, is used for tooth diseases as a mouthwash, helping to relieve inflammation of the gums and get rid of painful pains. If you have problems associated with increased anxiety, nervousness, insomnia, you can try to cook a decoction. It also helps to normalize blood sugar levels. A unique effect will give an ointment or balsam of poplar bark. It is used in skin diseases: herpes, dermatitis, acne, eczema.
Despite the impressive list of what helps aspen bark, it can adversely affect your health. This specific ingredient of drugs, as a result of its use with some incompatible substances, can cause poisoning, allergies and even suffocation. That is why you need to consult a doctor before using any recipes of traditional medicine.
The easiest medicine to prepare is decoction based on aspen bark. This is a very popular tool, especially since it is used in the undescribed ingredient and helps to maximize its openness. beneficial features:
- A decoction of bark, for use in padagre, inflamed boils and cystitis, can be done in one day. To do this, you will need chopped bark of poplar, which can be harvested in advance at home or purchased at a pharmacy. If this ingredient you collected yourself, then fill it with clean running water in a ratio of 1: 4, boil for 30 minutes and let stand for several hours. In the case of the use of pharmaceuticals, the bark is brewed as tea, allowed to stand for 5 minutes, and the finished medicine is drunk a third cup 2-3 times a day before meals.
- A decoction based on bark and leaves will be good for the treatment of diseases of the joints. To prepare it, you need to take the crushed ingredients, pour cold water and put on a slow fire. So boiling it for 10 minutes, the tool can be used. Take 40 grams once a day. The course of treatment is up to 5 months, but every two weeks you need to take breaks, allowing the body to "rest" for one week.
Bark infusion on the water will help from adenoma. Take fresh poplar bark and cover it with cold water in a glass container, in the ratio 1: 3. Let stand 12 hours. Take early in the morning 30 minutes before meals, 150 grams per day.
Kvass - everyone's favorite drink, and aspen is also a healing drink - it helps to cure diabetes. The recipe is this: a jar of 3 liters, half filled with fine poplar bark, covered with 1 cup of sugar, add 1 teaspoon of fresh sour cream (preferably homemade). The container is placed in a warm place and let it wander for 2 weeks. You can drink kvass in large quantities - 3 cups per day. The recipe is still good because within 3 months, pouring a can of kvass from a can, you can add the same amount of water with 1 teaspoon of sugar, after a couple of hours the taste will be the same. Thus, it turns out quite a large amount of drink, which is enough for the whole family.
Alcohol tincture He has been treating arthritis and arthrosis from the bark of the poplar for several centuries. Adults still treat her cold, and also used as an antiseptic. To make it, fill the chopped bark with vodka in a ratio of one to one. Ready mixture to stand in a cold dark place for a week or two. You need to drink it strictly according to the recipe: 3 times a day, 20 grams. As such, aspen bark has incredibly healing properties. True, there are contraindications for people who have been diagnosed with alcohol intolerance.
Poplar-based drugs are strictly prohibited:
- lactating mothers
- children under 15 years old
- allergy sufferers
- people who have digestive problems.
This tree is also called trembling poplar. It has a kolonovidny trunk, the maximum height of which reaches 35 meters, and the diameter - up to 100 cm. The plant has rounded leaves with large teeth along the edge. Because of the flattened, long roots, the foliage begins to tremble even with a light wind. Aspen belongs to the category of dioecious plants, because of which whole areas of trees can consist of individuals only male or female.
The flowers on the trees of the male type have earrings of red or pink color, and on the women - green. Aspen is a fast-growing species that reaches 20 meters in four decades. The plant does not differ in durability, living only about 90 years (rarely the life expectancy reaches 130-150 years).
Where aspen grows
The quivering poplar is one of the most important forest-forming species in the Russian Federation. Aspen grows on the territory of the Far East, Siberia, in the European part of Russia. There are different types of wood, differing in the structure of the bark and color, the period of leaf blooming, etc. But in folk medicine only aspen is used.
What is useful
Aspen buds, bark, foliage and shoots are common medicinal ingredients that have proven themselves in the treatment of various pathologies, including opisthorchiasis and helminthiasis. Plant based medicines are prescribed for such ailments:
- cystitis, urinary incontinence and other bladder pathologies,
- diseases of the digestive tract,
- burns, difficult healing wounds,
- prostate, etc.
In addition, in traditional medicine, aspen is used to stimulate appetite, relieve fever and eliminate pain. Consider the useful properties of each part of the tree:
- Bark. Due to tannins and a huge amount of carbohydrates it is an effective antimicrobial agent. The component is able to have an anti-inflammatory effect, therefore, it is used for the manufacture of ointments, accelerating the healing process of tissues, removing redness and swelling. The bark has also found application in the treatment of hernias, gastrointestinal diseases, scurvy, feverish conditions, radiculitis, etc.
- Kidney. Used for the manufacture of antitussive drugs that dilute sputum, thereby accelerating its removal from the bronchi and relieving cough. Propolis, produced from the kidneys, is actively used for the treatment of various pathologies and for cosmetic purposes. This substance has a moisturizing, anti-aging, soothing properties.
- Leaves. Compresses and poultices are prepared from this component for hemorrhoids, gout, rheumatism, arthrosis, arthritis. In addition, aspen leaves contribute to the rapid healing of wounds, weeping eczema, ulcers.
Medicinal properties of aspen bark
The use of this natural component is explained by the content in it of a number of valuable substances, for example, salicyla - a natural analogue of aspirin. The latter was obliged by its creation of the bark of willows, to the family of which aspen belongs. Due to the presence of salicyl in the composition of the herbal component, it has antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effect. After taking the medicine, his diaphoretic effect is felt. In addition, along with copious sweat, blood begins to thin. Aspen bark contains:
- fatty and organic acids,
- phenol carbon compounds,
- carbohydrates (thanks to them, the drug is quickly absorbed),
- esters (oils),
- vitamins, macro and micronutrients.
The combination of these beneficial components helps in the fight against serious diseases such as tuberculosis, malaria, pneumonia, etc. The healing product normalizes metabolism, helping the digestive tract, improving intestinal motility and stimulating the production of digestive enzymes. Thanks to stearin and pectin, aspen contributes to weight loss, reducing the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood and tissues. The component stimulates the elimination of toxins, heavy metals and salts. In addition, aspen bark has the following healing properties:
- pain reliever
Aspen Bark Treatment
Some substances in the composition of the product can effectively arrest the pain, eliminate the feeling of aches in the body. The healing properties of aspen bark are aimed at improving the digestive process, the integrated treatment of gastritis and diarrhea. It is necessary to apply medicine at such diseases as:
- bleeding (including internal),
- skin damage (ulcers, burns, wounds),
- painful menstruation,
- skin diseases (lichen, eczema, acne, psoriasis, etc.),
- toothache, headache
- cold, flu,
- pulmonary tuberculosis,
- joint pathologies (arthritis, rheumatism),
- helminth infection (including opisthorchiasis),
- diseases of the genitourinary system (incontinence, cystitis, urethritis, prostatitis, prostate adenoma, etc.),
- kidney diseases
- diseases of the digestive system (pancreatitis, gastritis, colitis, dysentery, diarrhea, dyspepsia, etc.),