Dill seeds are a familiar and necessary spice for any table. In addition to taste, they have a mass of useful properties, are used for the prevention and treatment of many diseases. Seeds are rich in vitamins of group B, PP, ascorbic and folic acids, bioflavonoids, quercetin, minerals and phytoncides. The essential oil of the plant is an effective antiseptic.
- Medicinal properties of dill seeds
- Dill seed application at home
- Diseases of the digestive system
- Help in the treatment of cardiovascular pathologies
- Respiratory Treatment
- Eye and skin diseases
- Urinary System Therapy
- Breach of lactation during breastfeeding
- Neonatal Colic Treatment
- Strengthening and cleansing the body
Medicinal properties of dill seeds
Dill seeds are characterized by pronounced bactericidal properties, which makes them useful for the treatment of infectious diseases, cleansing the body and getting rid of toxins. They relieve convulsions of the extremities, inflammation of the gums, normalize the work of the heart, are used as a sedative and facilitating the discharge of sputum remedy for lesions of the respiratory tract.
Ointment from crushed fruits on lard relieves the skin from parasitic organisms, for its preparation you will need to take 1 share of vegetable raw materials for 3 shares of smallest. A side effect of using dill seed products is to normalize sleep and improve its quality, as they make it easier to fall asleep and help withstand stress.
Dill fruits are especially useful for healing the gastrointestinal tract. Funds based on them help:
- adjust intestinal motility,
- suppress putrefactive organisms and restore microflora
- improve the appetite and the process of digesting food
- increase the secretion of gastric juice,
- increase the flow and flow of bile,
- relieve digestive disorders
- cure flatulence, breaking stools.
In addition to the above, help with liver disease and chronic colitis, pancreatitis.
Dill seed application at home
Dill seeds can be used both in fresh and dried form. Gather them at the end of the summer as they mature, cutting off umbrellas and tearing off the fruits from them. It is better to store them in a cotton bag, glass or ceramic dish, placing the raw material in a dark and dry place. In the absence of his garden, the tool can be found on the market or in a pharmacy.
The property of dill seeds to help the sputum discharge during colds facilitates the course of diseases of the respiratory system, accelerating recovery. Its therapeutic effect can be enhanced by adding natural fresh honey.
Recipe for inhalation for sinus
Boil 5 liters of water in a wide container, throw a handful of dill seed into it and leave for 5 minutes to infuse. Inhalation is carried out, covered with a thick blanket. The vapors inhale for about 20 minutes, after which you need to wash with warm water, lie down for a while and clear your nose with a heated saline solution. To cure sinusitis, 5-7 sessions are needed every other day.
Recipe tincture for the treatment of bronchitis and pneumonia
Dill Seed - 50 g
Ground pepper - 2 g
Chopped horseradish root - 1 tbsp. l
Salt - 1 tsp.
Juniper berries - 2 tbsp. l with slide
Vodka - 1 L
Combine all the components of the drug in a glass bottle, shake it and put in a dark place for 14 days. Strain the tincture and use 20 drops three times a day until recovery.
Eye and skin diseases
Funds based on dill seeds have the ability to help with eye strain, glaucoma and inflammation, to refresh and improve skin condition, to remove swelling. Due to their qualities, they are able to accelerate the healing of wounds and burns, disinfecting the area of damage. As part of cosmetics, the fruits of the plant treat acne and start the process of tissue rejuvenation.
Cataract Compress Recipe
Sew two small sacks from natural fabric (flax or cotton), fill them with dill seeds of 1.5 tsp. in each, tie a thread. Lower the kulets in boiling water and boil for 2 minutes, then remove, slightly squeeze and cool to an acceptable temperature. Put prepared containers on eyes, warm with cellophane and a thick towel.
The procedure lasts about 20 minutes, until the compress cools, it is performed overnight. Then the face is wiped and for 10 minutes covered with a blanket with his head. Sacks are used several times, after which they put a fresh batch of seeds.
Breach of lactation during breastfeeding
With an insufficient amount of milk in a nursing mother, it is recommended to use a few tablespoons of dill seed infusion prepared in any way, up to 6 times per day. To get rid of unpleasant sensations when the mammary glands swell, 100 g of fruits are steamed in 1 liter of boiling water, left for several hours and the resulting liquid is used for a warming compress.
Tip: During pregnancy, dill can be applied to the breast to relieve pain as it increases.
Neonatal Colic Treatment
Almost every parent has to solve the problem of colic in babies. Usually they disappear only by 4 months of life as the digestive system matures, and until this time the baby needs assistance in venting gases from the intestines.
A great deal of help to children is provided by the “dill water”, which is prepared by insisting 1 tsp in a glass of boiling water. Dill seed for 60 minutes. Filter the liquid and give it to a warm baby for a quarter of an hour before feeding 0.5-1 t. L.
Recipe rejuvenating decoction
Raspberry Leaf - Pinch
Currant Leaf - Pinch
Hop Cones - Pinch
Crushed dill seeds - 1 tbsp. l
Dried apple peel - 1 tbsp. l
Water - 1 l
Stir the vegetable ingredients, add water and put on fire. Boil the mixture and cook on low power for 10 minutes, then cool. Take a drink of 200 g in the morning before breakfast and before bedtime.
Although dill seeds have a mild effect on the body, there are a number of contraindications for their use. These include:
- low pressure,
- increased secretion of gastric juice or its excess acidity,
- bleeding disorder,
- individual intolerance.
Dill essential oil can not be used during pregnancy. Its use can also adversely affect the body of a nursing mother. Dill seed thins the blood and is capable of causing bleeding, therefore, during gestation and during menstruation its consumption in food should be limited.
A warning: An excess of dill seeds can cause dizziness, including fainting, a reversible decrease in vision, deterioration of health and weakness.
Continuous reception of means from the seed of dill is made no more than a week or two. If it is necessary to continue the treatment for longer than this period, specialist consultation is necessary.
Dill - useful properties
Many women, especially those who often cook, are interested in the question of what kind of dill is for the plant - medicinal properties and contraindications of the familiar seasoning. This herb has been known for more than 5 thousand years, today without it you can hardly imagine a single dish. Dill is advised to put in soups, main dishes, salads or use fresh. In addition, the plant - a component of many drugs and folk remedies. This application is due to its unique rich chemical composition. Grass contains:
- essential oils,
- phenol carboxylic acids,
- phosphorus, potassium, iron, calcium,
- ascorbic acid
- fatty acid,
- vitamins A, P, B, PP,
- folic acid
What is useful dill? The plant has a diuretic, anti-inflammatory, sedative, choleretic, analgesic, expectorant, laxative effect. In addition, drugs based on it contribute to:
- dilation of blood vessels
- normalization of metabolic processes,
- milk production in women during lactation,
- normalization of the digestive tract,
- elimination of toxins from the body,
- strengthening the walls of blood vessels
- eliminating pain and cramps,
- improve digestion,
- normalization of the central nervous system,
- elimination of flatulence,
- sleep improvement
- weight loss
- effective body fight with diabetes.
Dill seeds in traditional medicine
You can buy fennel seeds at any pharmacy. The plant is great for making tinctures and decoctions at home. Traditional healers use seed, leaves, stems and inflorescences of plants for treatment. In pyelonephritis, kidney diseases, grass is used as a diuretic. To cure bronchitis, you need to use half a liter of boiling water and a tablespoon of seeds. Take the broth should be 3 times a day. When problems with digestion of food use the plant in dried and fresh. Dill seeds in traditional medicine are also used:
- for the treatment of hypertension,
- in the inflammatory process in the bladder,
- to improve appetite, eliminate putrid formations,
- as a powerful carminative, expectorant drug,
- against severe stress, insomnia,
- for the treatment of ulcers, allergies, scabies,
- against cramps, flatulence,
- for the treatment of eye inflammation,
- with colds.
Dill seeds for pancreas
When pancreatitis or inflammation of the pancreas is only after the permission of the doctor you can use a decoction or infusion of dill seeds. The plant perfectly anesthetizes, relieves spasms of smooth muscles, slows down the functioning of the intestines. Dill seeds for the pancreas have the following beneficial properties that help to cope with the disease:
- relax, calm, which helps normalize the activity of the gallbladder and pancreas,
- have diuretic and anti-edema properties, which during the inflammatory process contributes to the removal of edema from the gland and the removal of toxic substances that interfere with the normal functioning of organs,
- normalize the microflora of the digestive organs.
Medicinal properties of dill herbs
An annual plant of the celery (umbrella) family in the wild is found on the European territory, in the center and in the south of the Asian continent, in the north of Africa. In the domestic botany is called “garden dill”, and in Asian countries this garden crop is called “Lao coriander”, in Thailand - “Pacchi-lao”. Consider the component composition of the seeds of dill, what are their benefits and harms and how to take.
Dill leaves and stems contain vitamins C, B1, B2, B3, as well as carotene, pectins, flavonoids, salts of Fe, K, Ca, P, essential oils. Therefore, dill greenery activates the secretion of gastric juice, activates the pancreas, stimulates appetite and has a positive effect on the work of the digestive system as a whole.
Beauticians advise to use cool compresses with a decoction of dill herbs to relieve inflammation and eye strain.
Proven grain benefits for women and men
Components that have a positive effect on health are found mainly in the fruits of garden dill. Everyone knows the famous dill water, without which not a single Russian baby, who had a tummy ache from the resulting gases, could not do without. Consider the benefits of dill seed, what is its use and what it treats, how to take women, men and children.
Dill seeds on a branch
Dill seed is rich in essential oils, a large number of bioactive components that have a positive effect on human health:
- fatty acids (petroselic, oleic, palmitic, linoleic),
- thymol compounds, etc.
According to laboratory tests, both in females and in males, tincture of dill seed, when used for 10-14 days in micro doses, can have a small effect on the sexual sphere and increase libido.
Studies of scientists who were conducted first in animals and then in patients show that dill seed preparations do not affect the activity of the circulatory system, in particular, they do not have the ability to normalize blood pressure.
With the help of laboratory research, scientists found out whether fetal elements affect the increase or decrease of triglycerides in the blood of people with metabolic syndrome (metabolic disorders, susceptibility to diabetes, hypertension, obesity), and the results in animals gave positive results, indicating significant a decrease in triglyceride levels, and in humans, according to this parameter, no particular changes were found.
Analysis of cholesterol parameters in patients who took dill seeds for a long time, for 1.5 months, shows that taking dill fruits does not affect cholesterol level and blood sugar level.
It was also revealed that the intake of the fruits of dill does not affect the reproductive abilities of men, does not affect the concentration of the hormone testosterone, although it worsens the process of spermatogenesis.
You can not talk about the effect of bioactive elements of dill seed on the health of a pregnant woman: they do not lead to changes in the process of carrying a child, do not provoke premature labor, do not cause pathological or positive changes.
Extract of bioactive components of dill seeds in water has several useful properties:
- absorbs about 80% of free radicals and produces an antioxidant effect, protecting the body from metabolic disorders and aging,
- able to form chelate compounds with 60% of metals and thus increases the absorption of trace elements by the human body.
Laboratory studies have confirmed the beneficial effects of dill in the form of water-based or ethanol extracts on the functions of the gastrointestinal tract and the excretory system:
- in the treatment of dill fruits, the concentration of gastric acid decreases, that is, they can be effectively used in the treatment of gastric ulcer of different origin,
- due to the ability to lower the acidity of the stomach, dill seeds are used to prevent the appearance of gastric ulcers,
- Seed bioactive substances increase the amount of sodium ions and chlorine in the blood, and therefore they are useful as a light diuretic.
To maintain women's health, leaves, stalks and fennel seeds are recommended.
How to use?
Dill fruits are prescribed in two forms - in the form of tincture or decoction. Infusion can be prepared on the basis of ethyl alcohol, but most often used water infusion.
For its preparation, it is usually recommended to pour 2 spoons of fruit in a crushed state with water at a temperature of 100 ° C and let it stand for ¼ hour, store no more than a day in sterilized dishes in a cool place or in a refrigerator.
The second option - boil the seeds of dill. Useful properties appear when chopped fruits are placed in cold water (at the rate of 2 liters per 0.25 liters of water), boiled for hours, stored in a clean, sealed container in a cool, dark place or refrigerator.
For regular intake, tincture or decoction is prepared daily and consumed three times a day 0.5 hours before meals, in half a cup of infusion or decoction at room temperature. The remaining medicine is poured out in the evening and is prepared in the morning again.
Use in traditional medicine
Dill fruits are known and popular in official pharmacology and herbal medicine. Ancient Greek and Roman physicians glorified dill as a powerful aphrodisiac. Dill is honored in Eastern Chinese and Taiwanese medicine. From the ancient Slavs, fennel seeds were worshiped as a panacea from ancient times. Application in folk medicine has a wide range of ailments, in the fight against which the components of this affordable and cheap drug help.
What treats, from what help?
Traditional medicine includes dill in the measures for the prevention and treatment of diseases of the digestive system, for example, with acute painful sensations in the stomach and intestines, flatulence, gastritis, peptic ulcer.
Alternative medicine recognizes the strength of dill seed in combating urogenital diseases, for example, bladder inflammation or sexual dysfunctions. Pumpkin seeds from prostatitis.
Traditional healers prescribe dill seed to young mothers for a tide of milk in the first days after birth, and also advised to give dill water to newborns until they have improved stomach and intestinal function.
Due to the presence of essential oils, the seed is prescribed to be taken as a sedative and in sleep disorders. They also write a lot about the usefulness of dill seeds in the fight against obesity and slowing down the aging process of cells.
Herbs connoisseurs and healers write what they drink from the seeds of dill and how to prepare them properly. Рассмотрим рецептуру, рекомендуемую нетрадиционной медициной.
Как молокогонное средство целительное семя нужно использовать так:
- 1 ст. l семян высыпать в термос.
- Добавить в термос 0,25 л воды с температурой 100°С.
- Настаивать 120 минут.
Употреблять такое лекарство утром и перед сном по 100 мл.
Dill is prepared as a diuretic, pouring 20 g of fruits with 0.25 l of water with a temperature of 100 ° C and insisting 0.5 hours. Then they drink 60 minutes before eating a whole glass slowly in small sips.
To relieve painful cramps in the stomach:
- 1/5 tsp dill pour 0.25 l of water at a temperature of 100 ° C.
- Insist 1/3 hour, filter and take before eating 100 ml.
In the treatment of overweight, it is recommended to prepare a decoction of the fruits of dill and licorice root: 20 g of seeds and 40 g of root are ground, boiled for 1/3 hours in a water bath.
For newborns, an infusion is prepared, pouring over half a teaspoon of seeds with 250 ml of boiling water and infusing 0.5 hours. Give a teaspoon 3 times before feeding. If the child refuses to take the infusion, it is mixed with mother's milk.
Dill is harvested after flowering, when the seeds ripen: in late July - September. After collecting stored in a closed sterile container.
A bit of history
Asia is considered the birthplace of dill; in the wild, culture is still found in Iran, the Himalayas, and North Africa. As garden greens are now cultivated literally in all countries of the world. In the UK, the first mention of dill dates back to III century BC. And even then fragrant grass was used both as a seasoning and as a medicinal herb.
Useful elements in the composition of the seeds of dill
Out of the whole plant, the seeds or fruits of dill are the most saturated and rich. This is due to the high content of fatty oil - from 15 to 18%, which consists of mono and polyunsaturated fatty acids - petroselic, oleic, palmitic and linoleic. In addition, the seeds contain up to 15% of plant proteins.
All parts of the plant contain an essential oil that gives a special, specific aroma. The leaves and stems of the plant have the richest composition:
• flavonoids - have a beneficial effect on all human organs and systems: antioxidant, immunomodulatory, vasodilator, anti-edema, anti-inflammatory, etc.,
• nicotinic and ascorbic acids,
• trace elements (100 g of product -% of the daily requirement needed by a person): potassium (50%), calcium (152%), iron (91%), phosphorus (35%), zinc (43%), manganese (92 %), selenium (22%), copper (78%),
• vitamins A, C, B1, B2, B6.
Due to such a rich composition of minerals and vitamins, leaves, stalks and fennel seeds are useful in a number of diseases of the digestive and cardiovascular systems.
Diseases of the cardiovascular system
• Dill seed is useful for arrhythmias and atherosclerosis, because it has a beneficial effect on the contractile function of the heart muscle, thereby normalizing the work of the entire cardiovascular system.
• Infusions of leaves and seeds of dill contribute to lowering pressure in patients with hypertension, as they expand blood vessels, reducing the pressure of blood flow on the walls.
• For prophylactic angina, it is recommended to take an infusion of seeds, which is prepared in a ratio of 1 teaspoon / 1 cup of boiling water. The seed is poured boiling water and insist 1 hour, then filtered and take 1/2 cup 3 times a day.
• The sedative effect of dill seeds is well known. Before going to bed, it will relieve nervous excitement, give a good healthy sleep a bath with infusion of fruits: 1 cup is brewed in 1 liter of boiling water, infused for 30 minutes, filtered and added to a warm bath. The time of the procedure is 20-30 minutes.
• For insomnia, it is useful to take an infusion of seeds in red wine: 50 g of fruit is drawn into 500 g of wine during the week, filtered and consumed at bedtime, 50 ml each.
• For babies who are active in the evening, it is helpful to put a small pillow filled with fragrant fennel seeds before going to bed - the smell of essential oils will help to calm down and fall asleep faster.
Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract
The green parts of the plant and the fruits have on the work of the digestive tract numerous favorable and therapeutic effects - infusions and decoctions are taken during meteorism as a carminative, colic and bloating in children, as well as a choleretic, antiemetic and laxative.
The use of dill seeds for the digestive tract due to the following properties:
• bactericidal - the ability of fruits to fight the processes of rotting in the stomach and intestines,
• the ability to create beneficial intestinal microflora, fight constipation and flatulence, remove toxins from the body,
• seeds help with the disease of the gallbladder and channels, since they have a choleretic effect,
• dill seeds increase the secretion of gastric juice, increase appetite, are effective in gastritis with low acidity.
The use of seeds in diseases of the kidneys and the genitourinary system
Fruits of dill have proven to be an excellent diuretic, a therapeutic agent against cystitis (due to its bactericidal effect it mitigates inflammatory processes in the urogenital system). Broths of seeds are used in jade and nephrosonephritis.
Dill seeds are useful not only for babies, but also for nursing mothers - they effectively stimulate lactation, contribute to the influx of breast milk. To do this, 10 g of the fruits of dill pour a glass of boiling milk, insist 30 minutes, use 1/2 cup 1 hour before feeding.
During pregnancy, the seeds will help to cope with edema, constipation, adjust normal sleep and blood pressure, but always after consulting with your doctor or gynecologist.
Universal fruits have a pronounced bronchodilator effect - contribute to the dilution of sputum and its removal from the bronchi and lungs.
Dill Seed Harm
Such a potent remedy, as the fruits of dill, can not have no contraindications. People with chronic hypotension (low blood pressure) are harmful to use seeds, as they lower blood pressure and can cause dizziness, loss of strength, weakness, and even a temporary decrease in visual acuity. Long-term use or too strong infusions are also harmful to the body and cause the same negative reaction, weakness, low blood pressure.
You can not exclude the allergic reaction of the body, when applying any decoctions or infusions, you must carefully monitor the slightest changes in health.
The original recipe for youth
This broth will provide the body with the most essential vitamins and trace elements, cleanse the intestines of toxins, therefore, is considered a recipe for youth, health and longevity. Composition:
• ground dill seeds,
• ground dried peel of apples,
• dry leaves of currant, raspberry, hop.
All ingredients take 1 tablespoon, pour 1 liter of boiling water and boil for 10 minutes over low heat. Then you need to cool, strain and take a glass every day on an empty stomach in the morning and in the evening before bedtime.
Warm decoction of seeds is an excellent anti-inflammatory agent for washing eyes with infectious lesions or overwork.
Dill seeds can be purchased at pharmacies or procure yourself. In addition to being used in culinary dishes, they will serve as the prevention of many diseases, help cleanse the body, saturate with the necessary trace elements.
The cardiovascular system
- Dill seeds are a good antihypertensive drug. They regulate pressure in hypertensive patients. This action is due to the ability of plant materials to expand blood vessels and normalize blood flow.
- Dill seed has a beneficial effect on the contractile capacity of the heart muscle. This stabilizes the work of the entire system. Seeds are effective for arrhythmias and atherosclerosis.
- For the prevention of angina, it is recommended to pour a teaspoon of ground seeds with a glass of boiling water and leave for one hour. Then squeeze and take half a glass three times a day.
- Dill seed acts as a bactericidal agent. It neutralizes putrefactive processes in the organs of the digestive system.
- Fruits of dill help to form and preserve the beneficial microflora in the intestine. Remove toxins from the body. Eliminate chronic constipation, fight with flatulence.
- The product has a choleretic effect. Therefore, it is effective in case of difficulty in the flow of bile. It normalizes its secretion.
- Dill seed affects the secretion of gastric juice. Stimulates the appetite.
- For gastritis with low acidity, you need to prepare a powder from the fruit of the plant. Take a meal with a teaspoon with a glass of clean water.
Pregnancy and lactation
Use of folk remedies during pregnancy should be very careful. It is important to consult a doctor and get his approval. Only after that to use something.
Dill seed helps the expectant mother
- remove swelling,
- put a dream in order
- normalize high blood pressure
- eliminate constipation.
Dill can stimulate lactation. Therefore effective for lactating women. The infusion is taken in small quantities several times a day.
Dill water for babies
Colic bothers very many newborns. And do not always want to use pharmaceutical preparations. In addition, they are not always at hand. And about dill water has long been known.
The fruits of the plant stimulate the discharge of accumulated gases, help the proper functioning of the child’s stomach and intestines, suppress putrefactive processes and calm the baby.
A long reception of the fruits of dill will not bring the desired recovery. Harmful to health and large portions of seeds. Possible side effects:
- weakness and general weakness
- visual impairment (temporary)
- fast fatiguability,
One hundred grams of dill fruit is 305 kcal. Calculate caloric in common measures.
Marina Kurochkina • 09/17/2015
Dill is a well-known fragrant fragrant herb used in cooking as a spice, the useful properties of dill are quite powerful and extensive, therefore this plant is often used in folk medicine as a medicine. Along with greens, fennel seeds have powerful useful properties, which are also used to restore health and get rid of many ailments and problems.
Useful properties of dill seeds
Dill seeds - as the cradle of the future life, from which a new plant will emerge, contain a huge amount of valuable and beneficial substances, vitamins (A, C, B, PP, P), mineral salts (potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus), sugars , phytoncides, flavonoids, ethers. Due to this biochemical composition, they are used for a variety of health problems.
Dill seeds are the main material from which the well-known "dill water" is made. Without her, no parents and no newborn babe who are tormented by “gaziki” in the stomach do not manage. Useful dill water or infusion of dill seeds and adults who suffer from flatulence (increased gas formation). In cooking, they are guided by the carminative properties of dill seeds and add them to dishes to products that cause gas formation (beans, peas, beans).
Nursing mothers are also well acquainted with the seeds of dill - this is an excellent lactogonic agent that increases the quantity and quality of milk, while substances that prevent intestinal swelling in the infant enter the milk. To enhance lactation, seeds are brewed as tea, added to first courses, include in other herbal preparations, often dill seeds are brewed with thyme, the beneficial properties of thyme also help to increase milk production.
Other useful properties of dill seeds include diaphoretic, diuretic and choleretic. This herbal medicine is used for colds, for diseases accompanied by cough (as expectorant). For digestion, dill seeds are useful both in the composition of various dishes, and with a dry hammer as. They are used in the treatment of gastritis with low acidity, diseases of the gallbladder and liver.
The diuretic properties of dill seeds are used in the treatment of kidney and urinary system diseases: urolithiasis, cystitis, nephritis, urethritis. It has dill seed and laxative properties, the infusion is taken for chronic constipation and problems with intestinal motility.
The nervous system also favorably responds to the consumption of dill seeds, sleep is restored, anxiety is removed. Sometimes it is enough to smell the seeds, even without using them inside. For babies who sleep badly and restlessly, they sew pillows filled with dill seeds and put them next to the baby’s head.
The effect of dill seeds on the circulatory system is high, and under their influence the blood pressure decreases, the heart rate normalizes. Due to the hypotensive properties of the seeds of dill should be carefully applied with a tendency to reduced pressure, otherwise the pressure may drop sharply and cause fainting.
Dill seeds - valuable food for those who want to lose weight, nutritionists recommend not only to use them as seasoning for various dishes, but also to carry with them, feeling hunger, take a handful of dry seeds in your mouth and chew for a few minutes - hunger will go away .
In fennel seeds, the concentration of substances that promote better health is several times higher than in the herbaceous part of the plant. Therefore, they are used in traditional medicine, as a raw material for the preparation of tools that help prevent and cure diseases.
From this article you will learn:
What helps fennel decoction?
Useful properties of broth are effectively applied at:
- Violation of the digestive system. As a result of use: stimulates the processes of digestion, excreted waste products, and restores microflora.
- Foodborne diseases neutralize its pathogens, and toxic substances and slag accumulations are removed from the body.
- Due to choleretic effect, the liver is cleansed. Improves appetite, activates the secretion of gastric juice.
- Inflammation of the upper respiratory tract. The decoction dilutes the sputum and provokes its expectoration.
- Infectious diseases of the urogenital system. Due to the content of silver salts, the decoction has a strong bactericidal effect on pathogens.
- Hypertension. The tool lowers blood pressure, this contributes to the diuretic effect.
- Violation of the nervous system. It has a calming effect, returns to a peaceful, healthy sleep.
- Flatulence. Gas bubbles are removed from the body, swelling disappears.
- Pancreatitis. Eliminates spasms and pain in the pancreas, stimulates the flow of bile. Inflammatory processes are neutralized.
Glutathione is present in the composition of the product, it collects and removes infected cells from the body, including cancer. Increased magnesium content provides stable muscle contractions, prevents spasms, allows the intestine to be in a calm, relaxed state. During menopause, the benefit of the remedy is to eliminate the calcium deficiency in the female body.
Dill seed decoction for eyes
For all problems with vision, you should contact an ophthalmologist, and even more so nothing can be instilled into the eye without his appointment and consultation. Treatment of cataract decoction of dill seeds is no exception. At the initial stage of the disease, it is possible to use compresses in conjunction with the prescribed treatment and after approval by a specialist doctor.
5 grams of dill seed pour 250 milliliters of boiling water. Insist 20 minutes. In a warm solution, lower the cotton pads or gauze napkins. Apply for 20 minutes to closed eyes, cover with a towel. Repeat the procedure three times a day, throughout the week. If relief does not come, discontinue use. In the event of a positive effect, continue to use for another seven days.
Decoction for the liver
Treatment with decoction promotes choleretic action, stimulates the body.
Cooking decoction of dill seeds for the liver
Dill seed (30-40 grams) pour a liter of boiling water, leave for 3-4 hours. Drink the filtered product in three doses of 100 grams per day, 20 minutes before or after meals.
Three dessert spoons of ground dill seeds pour a glass of water, cook for 15 minutes. Cool, strain. Eat 80 grams half an hour before meals, three times a day. The course of reception - 10 days.
Note: the cause of the formation of gas in the stomach is often the wrong diet. At the time of consumption of broth should be excluded from the diet: cabbage in any form, black bread, legumes, sweet fruits, milk, carbonated drinks.
In its composition, dill seeds will surpass any vitamin-mineral complex purchased at the pharmacy.
- A nicotinic acid.
- Vitamin C.
- Palminto acid.
- Oleic acid.
- Myristic acid.
- Linolenic acid and some others.
- Omega fats.
- Essential oils.
- Present in them are such trace elements: copper, potassium, iron, phosphorus, selenium, magnesium, zinc, sodium.
Our ancestors knew about the beneficial properties of dill, since then and to this day the seeds are widely used in traditional medicine.
The effect of dill seeds on the body
- Strengthen immunity, remove toxins.
- Get rid of flatulence, cramps, colic in the intestines, fermentation.
- Препятствуют запорам, снимают воспаления в ЖКТ.
- Улучшают пищеварение, повышают аппетит.
- Снимают воспаления в мочевыводящих путях (при цистите, пиелонефрите, уретрите).
- Понижают давление при гипертонии.
- Нормализуют работу печени и желчного пузыря.
- Обладают легким успокоительным эффектом.
- Help with colds (as an expectorant antitussive).
- Promotes milk production in lactating women.
- They have a diuretic, anti-edematous effect.
Dill seeds in cooking
Many housewives use seeds as seasoning and do not even suspect that they contain a storehouse of nutrients. The taste of the grains is very fragrant, so they are mixed with other spices as a seasoning for various dishes. No marinade prepared for the winter can do without them.
Seeds are freely sold in the markets in each shop with spices and in any store where there is a department with spices.
Now let's talk about how to brew the seeds of dill and take them for various ailments.
How to make dill water for newborns
- 1 teaspoon of dried seeds is poured with boiling water (200-250 ml).
- Insist the water for 2-3 hours, then filter and in a little warm form give the child a teaspoon 15 minutes before feeding.
There is nothing difficult in preparing how to make dill water for newborns, but, most importantly, brewing fresh water every day.
Dill infusion in diseases of the liver and gallbladder
Dill decoction has an excellent choleretic effect and improves liver function.
- Per liter of water take 3-4 tbsp. spoons of seed and pour boiling water.
- Insist water must be at least 3 hours, then filtered.
Liter should be drunk during the day, dividing it into several receptions. You can drink 15 minutes before a meal or 15-20 after. Dill infusion when taken should be warm, not cold.
Dill seeds for bronchitis and cough
To get rid of cough and with inflamed bronchi, dill seeds are brewed in a thermos with honey.
- On 300-400 ml of water 2 tbsp. honey
- Insist a couple of hours. You can not filter, the seeds will still settle to the bottom.
Infusion should be drunk hot, like tea 3-4 times a day.
Also, when you have a cold, you can make inhalations: put a small container of water on the stove, throw a couple of spoons of seeds there, wait for boiling and breathe in steam for 10 minutes, covering your head with a towel.How to brew dill as a diuretic and cough
Dill seeds in diseases of the stomach and intestines
Spasms, gases, colic, gastritis, colitis - dill water has a positive effect for all these problems.
Brew the seed should be as follows:
- 1 tbsp. pour 300 ml boiling water.
- Insist 3 hours, strain and drink in the form of heat 100 ml 3 times a day just before meals.
The duration of treatment depends on the severity of the disease, on average it can be from 10 to 30 days.
Dill seeds for poor lactation
When a nursing mother does not have enough milk, the infusion on dill seeds becomes a real salvation.
- For 1 liter of water you need to take 2 full art. spoons of seeds and pour boiling water over them.
- Insist a couple of hours, strain.
Drink several times a day, dividing the entire liter in equal portions.
Attention! Goggles for the eyes of this dill infusion relieve redness, fatigue, puffiness.
How to brew dill seeds: universal infusion
- A glass of water is taken 1 full with a slide teaspoon of seeds and poured boiling water.
- The infusion is aged for 2-3 hours and filtered.
Drinking water 3 times a day is possible with poor blood circulation, migraines, women in the period of PMS, to improve immunity, good digestion, cleaning vessels, improve the nervous system.
The composition of the seeds of dill
In seeds, 20% of the total volume is given to essential oils. They give spices such a specific flavor. The composition contains organic acids, such as palmitic, petroselinic, oleic, linoleic.
Rich in seeds and vitamins. Among them are ascorbic acid, retinol, tocopherol, vitamin PP, vitamin K, group B vitamins (thiamine, pyridoxine, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, folic acid, and others).
The chemical list of substances includes carotenoids, flavonoids, rutin, phytoncides. In the composition of the seeds 11-12 gr. occupy fats, about 50 grams. - carbohydrates, 16 gr. - squirrels.
Not without accumulation of mineral compounds. The most valuable elements are iron, zinc, copper, potassium, magnesium, manganese, sodium, calcium and phosphorus.
the benefits and harm of poppy seeds
The benefits of dill seeds
- The seed normalizes arterial and intracranial pressure. The product has a beneficial effect on the heart muscle and blood channels. Systematic reception will relieve blood vessels from cholesterol, will prevent atherosclerosis. Dill seed normalizes heart rate, eliminating its jumps.
- The composition has the ability to increase appetite. Not only culinary specialists use this, but also traditional healers. Healers prepare decoctions of fennel seeds to increase food cravings in people who suffer from psychological or physiological disorders.
- Not without useful qualities of raw materials for the gastrointestinal tract. The seed enhances the production of gastric juice, thereby regulating acidity. This quality is extremely appreciated by people with peptic ulcer and gastritis, which arose against the background of low acidity.
- It is useful to use decoctions and teas using seed powder for a complex cleansing of the body. Such drinks neutralize the action of toxins, free radicals, salts of heavy metals. Seeds free the cavity of the esophagus from slagging, prevent bloating and upset stools.
- Due to the accumulation of virtually all B vitamins with the help of seeds, you can tone the psycho-emotional environment of a person. Dill is an effective sedative that calms the mind and fights sleep disorders. With regular use, susceptibility to stress is reduced.
- Dill seed is useful to consume categories of people who work a lot mentally. The raw material enhances the stimulation of brain neurons, as a result of which all important functions are improved. Chronic fatigue and headache disappear, perception, concentration and memory improve.
- Dill is truly "male" greens. The seeds of the plant have the peculiarity of improving the potency, to increase the production of sperm. Raw materials prevent problems with conception. Seeds need to eat couples who plan to conceive a child.
The positive effect of dill seeds on the body
- Antiviral effect. Plant seeds are known for their antibacterial and antiviral effects. In folk medicine, raw materials are actively used to treat seasonal colds and various diseases. The product has the greatest benefit for prophylactic purposes. Seeds confront the development of acute respiratory infections and similar diseases. Therefore, it is not necessary to resort to the help of pharmacy medicines.
- Strengthening immunity. With proper use of seeds, you can increase the protective functions of the body in a short period of time. The positive effect is achieved due to the valuable composition. The seeds contain a high percentage of ascorbic acid, magnesium and zinc. Dill was used as a tonic in ancient times. At the moment, the composition is actively used in traditional medicine.
- Antibacterial effect. The antibacterial effect of seeds is well manifested in diseases of the genitourinary system. In addition, there are some simple recipes with which you can increase potency and libido.
- Cleansing the circulatory system. The seed-based product cleans the blood vessels of various harmful compounds. The therapeutic composition reliably prevents thrombophlebitis and atherosclerosis. Such dangerous diseases you are not afraid. Official medicine has confirmed that special acids improve the composition of the blood.
- Choleretic effect. Dill is a proven choleretic product with a good effect. If you have a disturbed outflow of bile, the product will help. Raw materials gently affect the activity of the liver and gallbladder. It is worth being especially careful if you have stones diagnosed. Problems with the gallbladder can lead to disastrous results. Observe the consumption rate.
- Prevention of seasonal colds. With the help of raw materials you can cope not only with common colds, but also serious diseases. The product will facilitate the treatment of pneumonia and bronchitis. For this you need to include dill in the diet. With regard to the treatment of cough, the best cure for the disease - the collection of coltsfoot with fennel seeds.
- Stimulation of lactation. Often after birth, the newly-born mother has problems with milk production. Such a phenomenon can occur for any reason, including from severe stress. The problem will help cope the seeds of dill. As a result of the correct application, the amount of milk will increase markedly. To normalize lactation, it is recommended to drink dill water.
- Application in cosmetology. In addition to medicinal qualities, dill is actively used in cosmetology. Raw materials are included in most body and hair care products. If you decide to use dill for beauty, you should familiarize yourself with the contraindications. The minimal side effect is absolutely for any product. Therefore, be careful.
benefit and harm of spelled
Video: useful properties of dill
Incontinence Dill Seeds
Although dill seeds have a diuretic effect, drugs based on them are used for incontinence. When enuresis, fennel seeds eliminate irritation of the walls of the bladder and contribute to the development or, alternatively, to stop the secretion of biologically active substances that affect the bladder. Below is a recipe for this disease.
- Dill seeds - 1 tablespoon.
- Boiled water - 200 ml.
How to cook: Pour dill seeds with boiling water. Insist the drug for 1-2 hours. Strain before use.
How to use: Drink a whole glass of infusion in the morning on an empty stomach. Course duration - 10 days. After treatment, take a break for 10 days, then repeat the course.
Dill seeds during pregnancy
Dill seeds are allowed to be taken during pregnancy, but with caution and only after consulting a doctor. Before using the seeds of dill, read the contraindications.
During the period of carrying a child, dill seed is used to normalize sleep, eliminate edema, and improve digestion. Dill seeds help relieve constipation and flatulence. Below is a recipe for eliminating increased gas formation in the intestines.
- Dill seeds - 1 tablespoon.
- Boiling water - 250 ml.
How to cook: Pour the seeds with boiling water, leave for 30 minutes, strain.
How to use: Divide the medicine into 4 equal parts and take during the day.
Dill seeds for newborns
For newborns use dill seeds for colic. Below is a recipe of dill water.
- Dill seeds - 1 tsp.
- Boiling water - 250 ml.
How to cook: Pour dill seeds with boiling water. Cover the glass with a lid, wrap a towel. Insist the remedy for one hour. Strain and cool to 36−38 degrees.
How to use: Give the baby dill 1 tsp 3–5 times a day before feeding.
Before using the medication, be sure to consult a pediatrician. Do not exceed the dosage of the medication.
What to remember
- Dill seeds have a wide range of beneficial properties, they are used to treat gastritis, pancreatitis, cystitis, helminth infections, enuresis, hypertension and other diseases.
- Now you know what the fennel seeds help from, but despite this, consult with your doctor before using them.
- The use of dill seeds is possible if the instructions for use and dosage are followed.
Almost at any dacha you can find fragrant plants, the tops of which resemble umbrellas. This is all known dill. The seeds of dill, the benefits or harm to human health from which may be, will be the subject of this work.
Dill is grown to give spicy flavor to culinary dishes. The plant contains many useful substances, its green stems are perfectly combined with vegetables, fish and meat.
Housewives also use dill umbrellas, which contain seeds, in canning vegetables. Seeds that give products an unsurpassed taste are also beneficial.
Traditional medicine proposes to treat some diseases with useful dill seeds. Use these tips, just first get acquainted with the benefits and harms of this plant.
Useful properties of dill
There are so many benefits in tiny dill seeds!
Seeds contain chemical elements necessary for the human body:
• trace elements - calcium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, sodium and potassium,
• vitamins - B, C and A,
• essential oils,
• nitrogen compounds.
Dill seeds are a natural antihypertensive agent. Their help is to dilate blood vessels and improve blood flow.
Due to this, blood pressure is normalized, a person stops suffering from his sharp jumps.
Seeds have a positive effect on the cardiovascular system. Dill tincture strengthens the heart muscle, it is recommended to be used by people suffering from arrhythmia, angina pectoris and atherosclerosis.
Dill seeds have a sedative effect on the body.
A person ceases to be nervous, becomes more resistant to stressful situations, his sleep is normalized.
Dill seed infusion with red wine can be taken before bedtime for adults.
For hyperactive children, it is recommended to fill the pillows with natural raw materials. During sleep, the baby will inhale the aroma of dill seeds, emitting essential oils. Their fragile nervous system will receive effective assistance.
For the digestive tract seeds become an excellent bactericidal agent. Their use reduces the effect of putrid formations in the digestive system.
The intestinal microflora is saturated with beneficial bacteria, and the dangerous ones leave the body.
Dill seeds in powder form can eliminate the causes of constipation and increased flatulence. This quality has long been used by parents to relieve pain from colic in newborns.
In addition, dill seed powder is included in recipes for the treatment of the liver and gall bladder.
From the above, we can conclude about the possibility of treatment of various diseases with dill seeds:
2. Violations of the cardiovascular system.
3. Genitourinary system.
4. The digestive tract.
In addition, dill seed is used as an expectorant for diseases of the upper respiratory tract. Tincture of the plant is used externally for skin rashes of a different nature, as well as to relieve eye inflammation. Nursing mothers can use dill liquid to increase the amount of milk and prevent bloating in newborns.
Recipes and use of fennel seeds for diseases
Depending on the disease, the method of preparation of dill medicine varies.
1. Cystitis Grind raw materials into powder, 1 tsp. pour 200 ml boiling water. Insist 12 hours in a dark place. Take on an empty stomach for 7 days.
2. Dysuria. Pour 2 cups boiling water 2 tbsp. l ground seeds. After 10 minutes, the tincture is ready. Take 100 ml before meals 3 times a day.
3. Kidney and urinary tract diseases. Drink tincture prepared in any way, 5-6 times a day in small portions.
4. Bronchitis. Seeds poured with boiling water for 2 hours, strain the medicinal liquid and take 1 tsp. when coughing occurs.
5. Heart and vessels. Daily take 1 gram of dill powder with a large amount of water.
6. Improving vision. Moisten a cotton pad with dill liquid, wipe your eyes after and before bedtime.
Proper Dill Seed Collection
In order to preserve useful seeds of dill, you need to collect them correctly. To do this, at the very beginning of maturation, remove the umbrellas from the plant, place them in a fabric bag.
It is important to dry the material in a cool place with good ventilation. After a while, fennel seeds are separated from the umbrellas, they should be collected and placed in a ceramic pot with a lid. But before collecting it is necessary to make sure that there are no pests and mold fungi on the plant. Their presence will not allow to preserve the seeds, and the use of poor-quality raw materials can harm the human body.
Medicinal seeds can be stored up to 5 years, but it is important not to allow them to get wet and stay in direct sunlight.
For women (during pregnancy)
In addition to the function of alleviating menstrual pain, dill also has a beneficial effect on the body of pregnant women. A unique set of vitamin complexes and minerals can not only enhance immunity, but also prevent the appearance of viral diseases, which are so dangerous during an interesting period. In addition, the use of dill has a positive effect on future lactation processes - dill infusion will contribute to the formation of a sufficient amount of milk during breastfeeding.
With the help of dill seeds, future moms can:
- eliminate the heaviness in the stomach and flatulence, heartburn, constipation, toxicosis,
- increase your appetite
- remove swelling and improve skin condition.
However, overuse of this spice during pregnancy can have a detrimental effect. The active ingredients contained in it contribute to the activation of muscular muscles, which can lead to premature uterine contractions and the threat of miscarriage. Также побочными эффектами употребления семени укропа в большом количестве могут быть тошнота, рвота и слабость. If during the period of pregnancy, the use of dill seed in some cases may be limited (if there are any pathologies), then in the postpartum period this grass can be eaten fearlessly - the muscles of the uterus after birth need fast recovery, and the components of dill seeds will help the muscles return your tone.
For children and newborns
Dill water, made from the seeds of dill and fennel, is one of the best means of traditional medicine against swelling of the tummy and in newborn babies.
When the crumbs gastric system undergoes an adaptive process to food intake (breast milk or formula), it undergoes some changes, which are accompanied by gases. Relief to the baby in such a period can only bring a bowel movement or removal of gases.
Dill Vodichka not only reduces spasms of the intestinal muscles, but also reduces pressure on the esophagus walls, eliminates constipation and improves the condition of the intestinal microflora. Being a laxative, an infusion based on dill seed normalizes the stool of the crumbs, relieves pain and has a calming effect.
If the baby refuses to use dill water in its pure form, you need to mix a small amount of dill medicine with breast milk or mixture, and drink the baby from the bottle.
Dill seeds have a beneficial effect on the male body.
- Such an active component of dill, as arginine, relieves fatigue after heavy physical exertion, promotes muscle relaxation and relieves spasmodic pain.
- Fiber actively influences the normalization of the intestinal flora and activates metabolic processes, which is an important factor for athletes.
- Dill also affects the sexual sphere - it prolongs the potency, stimulates the production of spermatozoa and improves their quality at the cellular level.
- Due to the vasodilator effect, this spice promotes active penile blood flow, which contributes to the extension of the erectal state of the penis.
- The diuretic effect helps the male body cleanse itself of harmful toxins and prevent the appearance and development of cancer cells.
- Chewing dill herb, you can get rid of bad breath.
- If you use dill seeds daily, you can get rid of stress, improve immunity and general well-being.
Harm and contraindications
Such a therapeutic component, as fennel seeds, can have not only a favorable, but also a negative effect - in case of violation of the dosage of its use. With particular caution should take this spice pregnant, in order to avoid excessive relaxation of the muscles of the uterus and create a situation threatening miscarriage.
When taking decoctions of dill seeds or seed in a dry form, carefully monitor the reaction of your body - if there are any negative symptoms (nausea, dizziness, abdominal pain, weakness, etc.), stop taking it and consult a doctor for examination. Perhaps you have an individual intolerance to any component in the composition of dill.
Harvesting and storage of raw materials
To get the maximum benefit from dill seed, you need to know not only how to make medicines from this spice, but also how to store seeds.
It is best to use the seeds collected from dill, which was personally grown in your garden - so you will know for sure that it is not treated with toxins and chemical poisons.
Seeds are collected at the end of summer, not earlier than mid-August - at this time the stalks are already taking the form of umbrellas. These umbrellas tear, and the seeds themselves are shaken out in any container. For long-term storage of seeds, it is advisable to dry a little - for this purpose, the collected umbrellas with seeds are dried in calm weather in the open air, but not in direct sunlight. Dry seeds need to be packaged in a vacuum-proof waterproof bag - this storage method will ensure their dryness and prevent the appearance of mold.
You need to store the seeds in a dry place, preferably at room temperature (if you keep such a billet in a cellar or a cold balcony, condensate may come out on the vacuum bag, which will moisten the seed and spoil it).
If you do not grow dill in your plot, its seeds can be purchased in a special shop for gardeners. Often they are sold already in dried form, packaged in small packages. Also, dill seeds often sell gardeners in the markets. In this case, when choosing seeds, pay attention to their uniformity: there should be no impurities of the husk or parts of the branches in the product.
How to cook: recipes
Different types of drugs are made from dill seed - ointment, cream, teas, infusions, decoctions. Also for medicinal purposes, take seeds without any heat treatment: they are ground in a coffee grinder and consumed on an empty stomach with water (this method is effective for treating stomach disorders).
A decoction of dill seeds is used as a diuretic for the treatment of diseases of the urogenital system, as well as for the removal of kidney stones. Such a dosage form is also effective in gastritis, flatulence, constipation, colic and other ailments of the intestinal system. Dill decoction relieves stress, soothes the nerves, normalizes pressure. For each case, the dosage for the preparation of medicines may vary, but in general, the essence of the preparation of decoction remains alone.
- dry dill seeds,
- pure water.
- A certain amount of dry seed is poured with a small amount of pure water (most often the proportion is as follows: 1 tablespoon of seeds per glass of water).
- The future decoction is put on a low fire, brought to a boil and boiled for 10 minutes.
- Then the liquid is decanted and cooled - now the broth is ready for use.
It is taken three times a day for half a glass, always on an empty stomach (half an hour before meals). For the treatment of insomnia decoction is taken an hour before bedtime, in the amount of 50 ml. It is advisable to cook the broth every day - you can store it no more than a day in a cool place.
Dill seed infusion is used as an expectorant for bronchitis, to increase lactation, for angina, and to relieve eyelid fatigue and redness of the eyes.
- dry dill seed,
- pure water,
- honey, milk (for the preparation of expectorant drugs).
The infusion differs from decoction in that the fennel seeds do not boil over the fire.
- A tablespoon of seeds is filled with 1 cup of boiling water.
- The container with the infusion is wrapped with a towel and placed in a dark place for 2-3 hours to settle.
- Then the infusion is filtered - now it can be consumed.
To prepare an expectorant, 50 ml of milk and 1 tsp of liquid honey are added to the infusion. This tool is used 3 times a day 15 minutes before meals, in the amount of 30 ml.
To relieve eyelid fatigue, special lotions are used: cotton pads are moistened in dill infusion and applied to the eyelids for 20-30 minutes.
For the treatment of angina, the infusion is made in the following proportions: 1 teaspoon of seeds per 300 ml of boiling water. It is taken three times a day for half a glass. The infusion is stored in a cool dark place for no more than 1 day.
Fennel dill water for newborns
Dill water is an excellent remedy for bloating for newborns and infants. However, for the preparation of such a medicine, a completely different proportion is used than in the preparation of medicine for an adult: only 5-8 g of seed per 1 cup of water.
- dill seed - 5 grams (about half a teaspoon),
- clear water - 1 cup.
- Dill seed is poured with a glass of boiling water.
- Let the medicine stand for half an hour in a dark place.
- Strain the infusion - the medicine is ready to use.
It is necessary to give the baby such medicine with caution - no more than 1 tsp. Observe carefully the reaction of the crumbs: if there is abundant salivation, the temperature has increased - stop giving the infusion and contact your pediatrician. If the child feels good, you can increase the dose to 2 teaspoons. Such a remedy is given three times a day 10 minutes before feeding.
Make sure that the infusion is not too cold - if you keep it in the fridge, then heat it to room temperature. Dill water should be stored in a dark place for no more than 24 hours. Dill seed is one of the most commonly used and common remedies in traditional medicine. Its active substances have a positive effect not only on the adult organism, but also on newborn babies and pregnant women. Knowledge of the optimal daily dosage, as well as the rules of storage and preparation of drugs from dill seed, will help to improve the body in a comprehensive manner: strengthen the nervous system, improve the microflora and the intestinal function in general, get rid of kidney stones, strengthen the heart.