Natives of India more than 600 years ago, nowadays cucumbers are one of the favorite vegetables in home gardens. Fragrant, crunchy fruits are tasty both fresh and in blanks. Their green lashes with bright yellow flowers grow equally well in open and closed garden beds.
Agronomists are constantly working to create seeds of vegetables with high yields, excellent taste, resistant to diseases. Recently, the breeders of the agricultural company "Partner" bred a hybrid Shosh cucumber F1. On sale of seeds of this variety appeared in 2016, but this variety of cucumbers has already fallen in love with many.
Characteristic of Shosh cucumber F1
The early-ripe Shosh hybrid, from the emergence of seedlings to the ripening of the first cucumbers, must pass from 40 to 43 days.
Dark green fruits grow small, 9–12 cm, weighing 45–80 g. The surface is covered with tubercles with light pubescence.
Shosh cucumber parthenocarpic, that is, for the formation of ovaries pollination is not required. All the flowers on the plant are female.
Agronomists have taken care of removing bitterness from this hybrid, the taste is pleasant sweetish. The skin is thin, the flesh is juicy, tender, elastic. Seeds in cucumbers are formed a lot, but they are all without germs, small, not felt when used. Suitable for salting and marinating.
Collected greens retain freshness for at least 1 week, if they are stored in plastic bags or boxes in the refrigerator. Stalks and flowers need to be removed. Due to the inability of the seeds to ripen, the fruits do not turn yellow.
Important! Pick cucumbers necessarily in the morning. So they will be fresh and elastic longer.
Shosh belong to the beam (or bouquet) type. 3-4 ovaries are formed in one node. With sufficient nutrition, beautiful strong Zelentsy grows from all the ovaries.
Suitable for greenhouses and open ground. If you take good care, they give 18 kg per m2 with a closed growing method; in open beds, a smaller crop is 12 kg per m2.
The plant is resistant to the most common diseases affecting the culture:
- ordinary cucumber mosaic,
- powdery mildew,
- target leaf spot,
- virus yellowing veins cucumber.
Seeds are packaged in paper bags of 5 pcs.
Note! Often there is a request: "Shusha cucumber: description of the variety." But there is no Shusha cucumber, the correct name is Shosh.
No matter how wonderful the characteristics of the variety are, the result can be disappointing with improper care. So that the efforts were not in vain, and the harvest pleased with the quality and quantity, you need to follow the simple rules of cultivation.
The agrotechnology of cucumbers Shosh has some peculiarities due to the fact that they belong to the partenocarpic hybrids of the bouquet type:
- They love heat and moisture. Optimum indicators of air temperature 27 - 28 degrees, humidity - 70%.
- In hot weather and with an excess of nitrogen in the soil, the number of ovaries decreases or they are unevenly distributed (more at the bottom of the stem than in the middle and upper parts). It is necessary to add potash fertilizer. Do not allow overheating of the plant, airing greenhouses regularly.
- The number of ovaries in the site will be more with good light.
- Regularly pinch the lateral stems, otherwise the ability to set fruit weakens.
- Remove the point of growth of the main stem, if the greens are not poured.
- Picking cucumbers should be regularly, after 1-2 days. Then the grown fruits will not interfere with new growth.
Planting cucumbers is done in two ways:
Before sowing, seeds are soaked in water before swelling.
Note! The length of sprouts should not exceed 0.5 cm, longer ones can break when landing, worse take root.
If you want to get the first Zelentsy 2-3 weeks earlier, it makes sense to prepare the seedlings. For this, seed sowing is done in small pots. At the age of 25 days, young plants are planted in a greenhouse or greenhouse. By this time at least 3-4 leaves should appear. In no case should seedlings be buried, leave the level that was in the pot.
In central Russia, it is possible to plant seeds in open ground when the soil is already warm, in late May - early June. In the greenhouse - in the middle of May.
Important! Cucumbers need loose, oxygen-rich soil. Before planting in a cucumber bed make peat, chopped straw, used sawdust or compost.
After sowing seeds or transplanting the soil, it is imperative to shed the soil with a biological product that prevents root rot. For example, Trikhodermin or Fitosporin.
The bed is desirable to mulch nonwoven fabric. Humus, compost or mowed grass will also do (it should not touch the stem of a plant so that it does not rot).
On 1 m2 should not be more than 5 plants.
Planting cucumber seedlings in the ground
For intensive formation of ovaries, cucumbers need good illumination. To ensure it, perform the following actions:
- Cucumber lash is recommended to tie or install the trellis. No need to once again disturb the plant at harvest, picking up the stems.
- It is imperative to pinch the side shoots along the entire length of the stem. When the plant has reached the height of the greenhouse or trellis, the tip is stopped. After all the cucumbers are picked from the main stem, the newly grown lateral shoots are left. Zelentsy will be tied to them.
- The leaves in the middle and upper part of the lash need to thin out, you can partially tear off the sheet plate.
Additional Information! When the first ovaries appear, the first 4 should be removed to form the plant well and to strengthen the root system. This technique extends the period of harvesting fruits, the harvest increases.
Cucumbers - moisture-loving plant, so they need regular watering. Watering cucumbers more correctly in the morning with warm water. At the same time ensure that the water does not fall on the leaves of the plant, they will turn yellow from this.
If the fruits are ripening curves, this is the first sign of root depletion. To restore it, it is necessary to loosen the soil around the stem or pierce it with a pitchfork. Then make growth stimulants (for example, Zircon, Previkur).
At the beginning of fruiting cucumbers are fed every 7-10 days. To do this, suitable complex fertilizers, in which potassium is 2 times more than nitrogen. If potassium is not enough, the plant begins to “fatten” - large leaves grow, a powerful stem, while the ovaries are almost not formed. You can feed the slurry, but add to it potash fertilizer (Potassium Sulphate, Potassium Magnesia), since in it the ratio of nitrogen and potassium is one to one. 20-25 g of potash fertilizer is taken on a bucket of slurry.
Watering cucumber soda for feeding and protection from diseases
When all the fruits are collected from the central stem, feed the plant with nitrogen fertilizer for a week to feed it, add strength.
It is recommended to collect tuber-type hybrids every 1 - 2 days; grown fruits delay the formation of new ovaries.
Note! The optimal size of Zelentsov - no more than 12 cm.
Collecting cucumbers, you should remove the stem almost completely (you can leave no more than 1 cm), this will protect the stem from spoilage and rot.
Advantages and disadvantages
Shosh cucumbers have almost no drawbacks, but plenty of advantages:
- High yield, the plant is covered with fruits due to the beam type.
- Excellent taste, no bitterness, a thin skin, tender flesh.
- Suitable for salting and marinating.
- Long fruiting period.
- Do not require pollination, give the fruit longer bee-pollinated plants.
- Resistance to many diseases, there is no need to use toxic chemicals, cucumbers are environmentally friendly.
The disadvantages include:
- The inability to get the seeds themselves from the fruit, as the seeds do not have germs.
- The high price of seeds in comparison with other cucumbers.
In the collection of the agrofirm "Partner" there is another remarkable hybrid - cucumber Furor. It is also parthenocarpic, of bouquet type. Shosh is a little inferior to Furor cucumbers in yield, and its price is somewhat higher.
It is necessary to plant a new hybrid of Shosh on your plot to try this sweet crispy cucumber. With the right agrotechnology, you can harvest a good crop, enough for summer salads and appetizing homemade preparations.
Shosh hybrid cucumbers are gaining popularity due to their excellent varietal qualities. Tasty, fruitful, suitable for pickling and salting, grows well in unprotected soil.