Each owner of a country house wants to decorate not only the house, but also the site. An excellent option for decorating the landscape would be flowers. In this case, you need to know exactly which flower garden is best to choose for the garden. In the article we will talk about geyher, what a flower garden is, how to take care of it and how to combine it with other flowers. Consider the rules of cultivation, care and planting.
Description of species
This flower bed belongs to the family kamnelomkovykh, is a perennial. His variety was bred in North America.
Geicher has a small size. Basically, its size does not exceed 50 cm in height. Beautiful and large leaves that can change their color several times in one season. This is what makes it different. No flower garden has such a large palette of shades. The color is unusual, which is why many people like it.
The texture of the leaves is smooth, curly or crinkled. Geicher blooms all summer long until deep autumn. Even in the first frost, such a flower will be able to please you with red or cream flowers. It also has its fruits. They look like a box in which the seeds are hidden. The size of these seeds is about the same as that of poppy seeds.
Flower garden has many types. But not all have gained popularity. We analyze the most popular:
- American The size of the stem is 15–20 cm. The leaves of the plant resemble a heart, the color of the lower side is brown. As for the flowers, they have a light green color.
- Hairy. This kind of flower has fluffy stems. Leaves velvety and large. The flowers are small and have a green color.
- Blood red This type of geykhery is very popular in our country. So how exactly does this species get acclimatized in central Russia. The leaves are jagged and have a fluffy appearance. Stems dense and compact. The flowers resemble bells, have a small size. The color can be crimson, red or terracotta. If you compare the leaves of this species and the previous one, they are not so large, but they are just as beautiful.
- Hybrid Combines the American look and blood red. Flowers and leaves are large. Lots of flowers.
- Small color. The flowers have a cream color with red anthers. On the leaves there are gray-silver spots.
- Cylindrical. The flowers of this species are round and have a beige-green color. The leaves resemble a heart, their color is green, and the streaks are contrasting. The edges of the leaves are jagged. This species has a different color, it can be not only green, but also a contrast.
- Gooseberry leaf. This type of plant tolerates cold. Even after a hard frost, her beauty does not fade.
Before you plant a plant in your plot, you need to know what varieties there are. We picked up most popular varieties for landscape design:
- Alba The flowers of this plant appear in mid-summer and remain until autumn. Their size is 40-50 cm, the color is white. The leaves are bright green.
- Robusta. The color of flowers is dark red, height 40–5 cm. It begins to bloom in early summer. The leaves are green in color but can change to red during the season.
- Snow storm. Plant 30 cm high. Flowers have a red color. Leaves are white-green. This variety does not stand cold.
- Splash The plant begins to bloom in early summer with pink flowers. The plant size does not exceed 40 cm. The leaves of this variety are very noticeable.
- Purple Castle. Flowering plant begins in mid-spring and until the deepest autumn. The color of flowers is white, height is up to 50 cm.
- Cappuccino. The plant has a height of up to 50 cm. The color of the flowers fully corresponds to the name. It blooms in summer and only a few months. Green leaves.
Cultivation and care
Consider growing geykhery in the open field (in the garden). For her need constant care. There are two options for plant reproduction:
- Seeds. They appear in the box, which is the fruit of the flower. Seeds are small. That is why they need to be planted deep in the ground. It is enough to press a finger. It is best to plant at home, and when the plant becomes developed, it can be transplanted into open ground. Disembarking should be done at the end of autumn so that in spring you have a luxurious flower on your plot. On the plant will appear boxes with seeds, they can be collected and used for reproduction geyhery.
- Cuttings. In this case, new plants must be taken before the appearance of flowers. Everything will depend on the variety geyhery that grows in your flower bed. If you do not have time to do this, then the best way to multiply the plant in the middle of July.
Now you need to choose a place for planting a flower. This view is not whimsical, but from choosing the right place much will depend:
- Registration of the site will look original.
- Lots of flowers.
- How long will the flower's decorative properties last?
For planting geyhera best to choose semi-shaded areas in the garden. If the plant is young, then he needs more light and sun. To do this, plant a plant on the east or west side. This plant is very fond of the sun. If it is not enough, then the leaves will become green.
It is worth noting: planting geyheru on the sunny side, you need to constantly water it.
How to care for perennial:
- Peduncles are removed immediately after flowering.
- Peduncles of plants can be 50 cm. After flowering, they are pruned. Otherwise they will ruin the whole look. The lower leaves of the plant wither and fall away. In order for the flower to not lose its decorative properties, it is necessary to plant the stem of the plant deeper into the ground before the geyher begins to bloom.
- It is necessary to plant a flower correctly. To do this, choose a plot in the garden, which is protected from cold and wind from the north. In the soil, you can even add ash or chalk, if the acidity of the soil is high. And only after that plant the plant. Excellent geykhera will feel among the stones.
- If you multiply the flower with the help of seeds, they will ascend in six months. Landing for planting should be loose.
- Make sure that the water does not fall on the leaves of perennial. Watering must be done every day.
Plant care is required. Otherwise, the geyher will disappear.
Geicher in landscape design, photo
This plant is beautiful looks in single landings. It is best to plant different varieties of perennials and match them in color. For example, in a flower bed you can place dark-colored and light flowers. You can plant a plant of the same color, but with different leaves.
Geichers as soliter are ideal for borders and rabatok. They are planted along the garden path.
It should be noted that these plants do not like open spaces. That is why other flowers should be planted next to them. For example, a good geyher feels close to larch, ornamental grass. They will create penumbra for the plant. That is what geykher likes.
If you like tall plants, then geyher can be placed at the foot of high daylilies and lilies. Such a flowerbed will look perfect near the wall of a private house.
Geicher can look great in the foreground of a rock garden. You can also plant ornamental shrubs. They will create a beautiful view.
Geykhery and hosts in landscape design
If you plant these two varieties together, then will turn outgood combination. Only need to think about height. Hosts can be cut to the desired height. These flowers are perfectly combined with coniferous trees. They emphasize their pomp and velvet.
If you want to create a flower arrangement, you must also plant a hot-leaf plant. In this case, you can play on the contrast shades of these plants.
Hosts are selected with white stripes. This variety can be combined with different colors, for example, with phlox.
As for geykhery and host, these two plants most like the shadow. That is why they are convenient to plant next to each other.
Now you can find tricolor varieties of these plants. To combine such varieties is very difficult. It is very picky in care. These varieties do not grow well in temperate climates. These varieties of flowers are best combined not with other colors, but with sculptures of marble.
Geicher is a very beautiful flower. You can combine it with different plants. But best of all with coniferous or with hosts. There are a large number of different species and varieties of this plant, for example, geykher purple tent. Her leaves are completely purple, which looks very impressive. The plant loves a lot of water, it does not need too much light. That is why it should be planted in the penumbra.
In order to find out whether it is not necessary to shovel tons of literature in your climatic region to hide a geyher, it is enough just to look around. I, for example, have only four species of grassy perennials and they all winter well without shelter. Therefore, it is logical to assume that the geyhera will easily endure the frost. If you have to constantly cover garden flowers, then the most cold-resistant geyhera can not be an exception. Even if it is indicated in the description of the variety that the plant tolerates severe colds, it is better to play it safe and cover it. In the technology of shelter, too, you should not reinvent the wheel - just use the most convenient way for you to hide other plants.
What problems do gardeners have?
One of the most common troubles for geyher owners is the freezing of the rhizome of an already adult plant. It happens that for 2-3 years a flower winter well and only then manages to suffer even from light frosts. This happens due to the fact that the roots of the geyher are constantly striving to leave the earth and lay bare, and in such a state they are more vulnerable to cold and disease. To prevent this from happening, under the geyher it is necessary to regularly pour the ground, so that there is a small hillock in the circle circle.
The specified part of the plant should not be bare, then the geykher will not be ill and freeze
Another common problem is the rotting of the rhizomes. As a rule, it is associated with the stagnation of water in the soil and insufficient drainage layer. If the ground in your garden is wet and clay, for geyher it is worthwhile to arrange a bulk bed with more suitable soil or plant it in a large container. If the geyher grew normally for several years and only then began to suffer from rot, then it is time to renew it. It is necessary to remove the dead parts of rhizome and divide the bush, and when planting new bushes to organize a good drainage.
Some varieties geyher very quickly grow old. Already in 3-4 years, the upper shoots of the bush are stretched so hard that the rhizome cannot provide them with food, such stems wither and dry quickly. If your plants are also short-lived, they just need to be divided. To do this, geykheru completely dig, remove the dead parts of the bush until the living buds, cut the rhizome into fragments and seated. Such a rejuvenated bush will grow well over the next few years. Then the procedure can be repeated, or simply to prevent the growth of the bush, removing part of the shoots in advance.
Such a magnificent leaf and I want to use in a bouquet
My first chance to get a geyher fell out during a visit to a relative. She offered to give a bush with interesting coarse leaves, but immediately explained that it should be transplanted into the hole deeper every year. Otherwise the roots will become bare and the plant will disappear. At that time I was afraid that I would have to mess around too much with such a capricious person and did not take it. And only two years later I learned that such a radical withdrawal is not at all mandatory - pouring the earth into the root circle is quite enough. Now I regret that I didn’t shelter such a pretty girl on my site. Do not repeat my mistakes - use the benefits of the Internet and specify information in several sources. After all, now even in a deaf village with the help of a telephone one can find the background of any plant in 15 minutes.
We have no problems with growing geyhery. At the cottage a flower bed with different varieties of this flower. But to grow it you need to comply with certain conditions. Geicherries need fertile soil, moderate watering, partial shade, do not prune leaves for winter, do not warm much for winter.
... regarding Caramel [varietal geyhery with yellow foliage] noticed that if the sun drops to her, the leaves turn pink.
I, too, only the simplest, most unpretentious [geicher] rose from seed. And then 3 pcs. I don’t know myself why I planted it, for a company with a very beautiful one, and so no beautiful Semya rose at all ... only three came out of the pack. And then one spring has already bent. It was like, and then disappeared.
We have the most popular seeds of geykher "New Dress of the King", but from this variety - my love for geyher began. I bought it in winter, sowed seedlings in March, in a greenhouse, at home, in a bright place, the temperature with a difference of 18 - 22C. They were born in 3 weeks. Then she dived at the stage of the 4th leaves, and landed in the garden, around the end of May. Of all the seedlings, only four, in color, were strictly according to the variety, the rest remained of the usual green color. Since then, I have decided to purchase only delenki or cuttings :)
If you have a lot of seedlings, try to plant some in the tenek, and the rest in the sun. For example, my Beauty Color manifested itself in all its glory - in the sun, and in the shade it was completely dim. Or Marmalade: it acquires a burgundy color in the sun, and turns yellow in the shade: ddafg:
I will list the identified advantages of the geykher seeds from “Comet” Plasmas: * Good germination * Low price * Availability * A large number of seeds in a package * Easy agrotechnology can be done even by a beginner * High decorativeness of the plant Disadvantages: * Loss of varietal qualities during seed reproduction We are pleased to recommend beauty seeds geykhery, even the baby in the pot, it looks very decorative!
Julia Beautyhttp://irecommend.ru/content/effektnoe-rastenie-kotoroe-bystro-i-legko-vyrastit-iz-semyan-dazhe-novichku-foto- malyshei-i
My geykhery purple castle (in the sun and in partial shade) and marmalade. Geykhera marmalade lived with me for a year, was disproportionately large and thick. I divided it, blackened it - rejuvenated. There are 2 "palm trees" left. I landed them in a secluded place. When landing a little bit deep. Recently, one place had to be vacated. Dug up the trunk with a few feathers - semi-dry leaves. And there down there, almost at the roots at a depth of 7–8 under the ground, little children each with 2 leaves on the cuttings of a pale pink color. They did not notice the roots. In a hurry, there was no time to consider. A few broke off, but a few left. Put them in pots. I broke the top (I was pulling for it, I was going to throw it away). In one pot the fallen off children, in the other a remnant of the trunk with roots and not fallen off children. Suddenly something will turn out? And it turned out - the last photo. By the end of the season I separated them, there were normal young bushes.
If you have been looking for a plant that will make you a beautiful and diverse garden, but it does not require attention, be sure to plant a geyher. Be sure, this beauty with bright leaves definitely will not disappoint you.