The center of purple (pink) is held in high esteem by landscape designers due to its unpretentiousness and ability to withstand adverse environmental conditions. Purplecrop (Latin name Sedum purpureum) belongs to the family of Crassulaceae, along with widely known medicinal plants, such as Kalanchoe, Rhodiola rosea, young roofing, etc.
Under natural conditions, it grows on any type of soil - it can be found on flood meadows, forest edges, on clay slopes and in rock crevices. It affects the imagination and distribution area - from the European part of Russia to the Far East and Siberia.
Powder purple - one of the few plants that, as popular wisdom says, "and feed and heal."
Preparation of medicinal raw materials
For medicinal needs harvest grass and plant roots. Harvesting of herbs is carried out during the flowering period, when the maximum concentration of biologically active substances is observed in plants (from June to September). It is necessary to harvest roots in September-October - just during this period outflow of plastic substances into the root zone is observed.
For the preparation of drugs, it is preferable to use fresh cut raw materials, but the grass can also be harvested for the future - dried.
The drying of raw materials is most advisable to carry out in electric dryers, as the cut grass has the ability to continue to grow. Connoisseurs recommend chopping the stonecrop grass before drying, and then letting it dry for half an hour in an electric dryer at a temperature of 60 ° C. After drying, the grass is spread in a loose layer on mesh screens and dried under canopies. During drying, it is necessary to ensure good air exchange so that the grass does not become moldy, as well as protect it from direct sunlight (exposure to ultraviolet radiation affects the healing properties of the raw material).
Keep dried grass and roots in cardboard boxes, paper bags. The shelf life of the grass should not exceed 2 years, and the roots can be used for 3 years.
The chemical composition of the stonecrop purple
A global study of the chemical composition of the purple stonecrope has not been carried out; it is only known that the plant's grass synthesizes rad organic acids (malic, citric, oxalic, etc.), ascorbic acid and some other vitamins, sugars (carbohydrates), flavone compounds. Several alkaloids (nicotine, isopelterine), including specific ones (sedamine and sedinin), were also isolated from the stonecrop grass. Depending on the growing conditions, various macro- and microelements are concentrated in the grass of the purple stonecrop, the quantitative composition of which can vary widely.
Pharmacological properties of drugs
The medicinal properties of the purple stonecrop are in many respects similar to the pharmacological effects of other members of the genus (O. caustic, O. large, etc.). Herbal stone preparations have a tonic effect on the body, contribute to the suppression of inflammatory processes and act as an antiseptic. The eyeliner has uncommon wound-healing properties, so its juice is often used in the form of compresses and lotions for traumatic skin lesions.
Sedum purple in terms of traditional medicine
Practical experience with the use of the stonecrop of purple has been accumulated experimentally. Adherents of traditional medicine often used grass and stonecrop roots for the preparation of anticonvulsant, sedative and analgesic drugs. Folk healers often use sedum in the treatment of diseases of the lungs and bronchi, problems of the gastrointestinal tract, disorders of metabolic processes in the body, etc.
There is evidence of positive results from the use of stonecrop purpura in the treatment of certain types of cancer.
According to folk healers, stonecrop has a beneficial stimulating effect on the genital area, both men and women.
Preparations on the basis of stonecrop purple
The stonecrop grass can be used to obtain water (infusions, decoctions), oil or alcohol extracts (tinctures, extracts).
- Grass powder. It is used as a powder - suppurating and difficult healing wounds fall asleep. The stonecrop purple powder also finds application as a means of a restorative action (three times a day, 1 tsp. Per reception). Dried grass (roots) must be ground in a coffee grinder and stored in a sealed container. For the preparation of ointments and liniment grass powder must be mixed with a fat base.
- Water infusion. A cup of boiling water will require 1 tsp. dry grass sedum. Insist for 3-4 hours, then strain and take in a dosage of one-third to half a glass 3-4 times a day. Infusion is used in the treatment of broncho-pulmonary diseases (cold or infectious nature), inflammation of the bladder and diseases of the urinary system. External infusion is used for washing wounds or as compresses.
- Alcohol tincture. To prepare the tincture, it is preferable to use fresh grass of the stonecrop. Raw materials (100-150 g) pour half a liter of vodka and insist in a dark place for 2 weeks. For nervous disorders, tincture is prescribed by 25-30 drops 3-4 times a day (taken half an hour before meals).
- Oil extract. Preparing the drug according to the standard technique. For half a liter of vegetable oil (preferably olive oil) it is necessary to take 300 g of fresh raw materials, or 150 g of dried grass. Raw pre-grind. Prepared grass should be poured in a glass container with vegetable oil, heated to 50-60 ° С, then infused in a dark place for 2-3 weeks. Oil extract is used externally in the form of compresses for the treatment of traumatic skin lesions (including burns and frostbite).
- Water extract. Fresh grass of stonecrops should be poured with boiling water at a ratio of 1:10 (for internal use) or 1: 5 (in case of preparation of an external agent) and kept in a water bath for half an hour. Next, the filtered infusion must be evaporated over low heat until the volume of the liquid is reduced by 2 times. Store extract must be in a cool place. The drug is used to treat problems with potency, as well as in cases where aloe-based drugs are contraindicated.
- Activated juice. Prepared in the same way as aloe juice. To do this, keep the freshly cut grass in the refrigerator for 1 week, and then squeeze the juice. For long-term storage, it is necessary to introduce a preservative (alcohol of 20% strength) in the ratio of 1:20 (10 g of preservative per 100 ml of juice). The drug can be used both externally and inside. Juice of stonecrop has a tonic effect, has a beneficial effect on the central nervous system, activates metabolic processes, etc.
- Stimulator "SMOK". Ingredients: lard (better goose fat), honey in May and cocoa powder - 100 g each, purple stonecrops juice - 20 ml. Heat the fat to a fluid state and mix with the other components, then pour into a glass dish and store in the refrigerator. Take the dosage of 1 tsp. to 1 tbsp., stirring in hot milk (preferably goat). Consume from 2 to 4 times a day. The biostimulator "SMOK" is indicated for pulmonary tuberculosis, general exhaustion, during the period of rehabilitation after severe diseases, with anemia, etc.
Recipes of traditional medicine
- Female infertility. In folk medicine, a great experience has been gained in treating female infertility, if the problem is not connected with global pathological processes. Preparations of stonecrop purpurea are also often used in such cases. On a glass of boiling water, you must take 1 tbsp. crushed raw materials and insist in a thermos for 2-3 hours. Strained infusion taken four times a day for a quarter cup. The course of treatment is chosen individually, depending on the nature of the problem and other factors.
- Erectile Dysfunction. Often, the term "impotence" refers to various violations of erectile function, not associated with pathology. For example, a problem often arises due to a stressful situation or for other reasons. Folk healers recommend taking advantage of purple stonecrops. Grind fresh grass in a porcelain mortar until gruel is formed, then pour the material with hot water (temperature approximately 85-95 ° C) at the rate of 250 ml per 1 tablespoon. raw materials. Infusion is carried out in a thermos. Duration of infusion - 4 hours. Take 2 tbsp. 30 minutes before meals.
- Hypotension. For the treatment of hypotension, traditional healers offer several recipes based on a purple stonecrop grass. one) Tea. A glass of boiling water - 2-3 g of dry grass. Infuse 15 minutes. Take in the morning. 2) Infusion. Pour boiling water over the grass of a purple stone in a ratio of 1:10 and insist in a thermos for 2-3 hours. Take after eating 1 tbsp.
- Pulmonary tuberculosis. The roots of the stonecrop purple (50 g) chop and pour alcohol 40% strength (you can use ordinary vodka) in the ratio of 1:10. Insist for 3 weeks in a sealed container. Take tincture before meals, 1 tsp. The drug is not an independent means of treatment, but is used as a biostimulant in combination with the prescribed therapy.
Side effects and contraindications
As a rule, with strict adherence to dosages and medical recommendations, no side effects are noted when treating drugs on the basis of a stonecrop of purple. However, one should not discount the probability of allergic reactions (in the case of individual intolerance), which happens very rarely.
With regard to contraindications, then, perhaps, the most critical of them should be attributed to hypertension.
Chemical composition of the plant
All types of stonecrop are medicinal and have approximately the same chemical composition:
- Alkaloids - have a hemostatic, analgesic effect, help to calm the nervous system and lower blood pressure.
- Tannins - have anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, regenerating effect, normalize the gastrointestinal tract.
- Glycosides - have a calming, diuretic, antibacterial and antimicrobial action, promote sputum discharge and vasodilation.
- Vitamin C - normalizes the work of the endocrine glands, the central nervous system, the work of blood formation, strengthens the immune system, promotes the removal of toxins and the absorption of iron by the body.
- Organic acids - stimulates hematopoietic, metabolic processes and insulin production, a calming effect on the central nervous system. They improve the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, the body's assimilation of iron, potassium and magnesium, the condition of the blood vessels, reproductive functions, and immunity. They reduce cholesterol, neutralize and eliminate toxins.
- Ash - has anti-inflammatory, disinfecting effect, slows blood clotting and dissolves intravascular blood clots.
- Flavonoids - have a choleretic effect, normalize the work of the heart, adrenal glands, blood pressure.
- Saponins - have a regenerating, diuretic, sedative effect, promote sputum secretion, prevent the formation of sclerotic plaques.
- Coumarins - have a depressant effect on tumor cells.
- Mucus - have anti-inflammatory and enveloping effect, as a result of which they contribute to the release of sputum.
- Sahara - provide the body with energy.
- Wax - possesses bactericidal binding properties, contributes to the regeneration process.
Pharmacological properties of a stonecrop purpleBunny cabbageAccording to the results of a pharmacology study, it has many medicinal properties. It restores blood, heals wounds, improves heart function.Collar magenta It is one of the most powerful biogenic stimulants and exceeds the aloea preparations by biological activity.
The juice of the plant eliminates the violation of protein metabolism, which are caused by blood loss. It promotes the regeneration of blood proteins, increasing their concentration in the serum. Also, juice stimulates the central nervous system.
The extract from the shoots of the purple sedum is part of the medical preparations that stimulate metabolic processes and enhance tissue regeneration.
Sight of Magenta: Useful Properties
The plant has anti-inflammatory properties in diseases of the urogenital system, stimulates the heart and central nervous system, helps a lot with female infertility and epileptic seizures, is used in the treatment of cancer, has a tonic effect with general weakness, nervous disorders and impotence.The plant is widely used in the treatment of pneumonia, bronchitis, hepatitis, as a wound healing. In surgery and ophthalmology use the regenerating property of stonecrop. It accelerates the healing of bone tissue, is used in the treatment of injuries of the cornea.
In otolaryngology, it is used as an anti-inflammatory property for sore throat and stomatitis. In addition, it has diuretic, analgesic, hemostatic, laxative properties.
How to use a stonecrop purple in traditional medicine
Sedum is widely used in folk medicine for ingestion, rinsing, poultices in the form of juice, decoctions, tinctures, ointments, powder. As an antihelminthic leaf decoction is used, and freshly weed herb is used to treat hemorrhoids and acne.
Ochitkok purple in the treatment of cancer is more effective than the hemlock. Firstly, it does not have toxic substances, and secondly, many times exceeds the properties of other plants. It is used as an auxiliary treatment in oncology.You can prepare an antitumor infusion according to this recipe: 1 tbsp. A spoonful of crushed shoots of plants are brewed with 1 cup of boiling water and allowed to infuse for about two hours. Take four times a day for 50-70 ml at one time.
Skripun herb is used in the form of tinctures, powders, extract, ointment, juice, which can be prepared according to the following recipes:
- Tincture. 150 g of crushed leaves of stonecrop, 0.5 liters of vodka. Insist at least two weeks. Take the tincture before meals 30 drops 3 times a day. Effective with nervous disorders.
- Powder. Dried leaves are ground and stored in a glass container. Take three times a day for 1 tsp. Most often, the powder is taken as a tonic.
- Infusion. 1h l 300 ml of boiling water is poured into the crushed raw material Infused solution for about four hours. Accept after eating 0.5 glass 3 times a day. Used for pneumonia, kidney disease, epilepsy, as well as an external agent in the treatment of purulent wounds.
- Extract. From the shoots of the plant is prepared infusion in a ratio of 1:10 for internal use or 1: 5 for outdoor use. For better steaming dishes with infusion hold for 15-20 minutes in a water bath. Next, it is filtered and evaporated to a volume equal to half the original. Take an extract of 15-20 drops 3-4 times a day. It is an active biostimulator.
- Ointment. Use fresh grass juice. It is mixed with melted butter in a 1: 1 ratio. The ointment is applied externally with ulcers, rashes, purulent wounds.
- The juice. Fresh leaves of the plant are washed, treated with boiling water and minced. From the resulting mass squeeze the juice with gauze. Dilute the juice with water in the ratio 1: 1 and boil for two minutes. Take 1 teaspoon 3 times a day during the meal. When applied externally, a cloth moistened with juice is applied to the damaged area.
The use of stonecrop in cookingSedum is valuable not only as a medicinal and ornamental plant, but also as a honey-bearing plant. Beekeepers mark it as a plant that can release nectar even in dry hot weather. It is also used in nutrition. To do this, use the leaves and young shoots of the plant. They have a pleasant sour taste. In cooking, the plant is added to salads and soups, and in the winter it is salted and fermented.
Sedum purple: how to procure medical raw materials
It should be remembered that the stonecrop has the greatest therapeutic ability during flowering, so it is better to prepare the raw materials during this period. It is necessary to gather grass in dry weather, cutting off young shoots with the help of scissors. Harvest also the roots of the plant. Harvesting of roots is carried out in the fall. They are cleaned from the ground, washed, cut along, dried in the sun and dried in a ventilated room. Roots retain healing properties for three years.With the purpose of treatment also use flowers and plants, but much less. Of them prepare tea, which they drink with heart and stomach pain, liver disease and cataracts of the upper respiratory tract. As an external remedy, flowers are used for eczema and skin tuberculosis in children.
The grass of the hare cabbage belongs to the succulent form, that is, it has the ability to retain moisture well and has juicy leaves and shoots. To speed up the process of drying raw materials, it is necessary to scald the plant with boiling water.As a result, living tissue is killed and the ability to retain moisture disappears.
To dry the plant is necessary in the attic or under a canopy, but in no case under the direct rays of the sun. Dried grass has a weak peculiar smell and retains its medicinal ability for two years.
ContraindicationsWhen using a stonecrop purple for treatment, it is necessary to know that it has practically no contraindications. Of all the species of sedum, only sedum is poisonous. Its use should be strictly controlled and not exceed the required dosage, as this can lead to vomiting, dizziness and cardiac arrest. The use of sedum caustic is contraindicated in children, pregnant women, hypertensive patients, people with increased nervous excitability.
If you decide to start treatment with a stone sedum, consult your doctor just in case. Still, treatment under the supervision of a specialist always gives greater effectiveness and helps to avoid exacerbations of the disease.
Botanical description of the plant and chemical composition
Sedum is the Latin name for the genus Ochitok, the Crassian family. Perennial herb is a succulent herb that accumulates and retains moisture in the tissues. The root system of the purple stonecrop consists of thickened tubers. The trunk is upright, smooth, covered with opposite leaves. From mid-summer to October, forms pink or purple inflorescences, gathered in shields.
The chemical composition of the plant includes:
- several types of useful acids (malic, ascorbic, glutamic and citric),
- trace elements (selenium, zinc, iron, magnesium and potassium),
- sucrose and glucose,
- flavonoids and carotenoids.
Medicinal herb from ancient times used in traditional medicine. Thanks to unpretentiousness, frost resistance and curative properties, stonecrop purple is an indispensable plant for the pharmaceutical garden.
Preparation of infusions
Raw materials are prepared in the same way as broths, placed in a thermowire and poured with boiling water. The stonecrop concentrate is effective in the fight against oncology. It is aged for at least three hours. Women who cannot become pregnant are recommended to take long courses (a month with a break of 14 days) to take such a remedy.
Methodical treatment of the infusion of the roots of a purple stonecrops relieves men of hemorrhoidal cones (50 ml twice a day).
For children, the drug is recommended for lesions of the upper respiratory tract, colds and infectious diseases of the oral cavity. Here you can add angina and bronchitis. For the treatment of these diseases also use the healing properties of sea buckthorn.
Alcohol tincture of stonecrop purple
To prepare you need:
- incomplete glass of fresh grass
- 500 ml of alcohol.
All together and leave for three weeks at a temperature of 18-20 degrees. After the time has elapsed, the medicine must be drained and placed in the refrigerator.
Before use, should be diluted with 20 drops of the mixture in 2 tablespoons of water. Such an alcoholic infusion effectively treats disorders of the nervous system, including states of irritation and anxiety. It is better to begin therapy in the spring.
The alcoholic tincture diluted with water in a ratio of one to four has an antiseptic and tonic effect. It perfectly treats acne and comedones.
Having added the home first-aid kit it is possible, having grown a golden mustache on a window sill.
The flowering period is the most favorable time for harvesting. It is important not to miss this point, because the maximum concentration of therapeutic elements falls on the buds. The collection of herbs should not be carried out at high humidity. For such work, optimal dry sunny weather.
Young shoots are cut with scissors and folded into a dry ventilated container. This can be a basket or any perforated packaging. The roots of the plant are dug deep in the fall. Before being sent for storage, they must be cleaned and washed. Then, cutting in the growth direction in half. They should be dried in the sun. In sufficiently ventilated areas, the roots can last up to three years.
This gift of nature medicinal sedum, is able to work wonders in the truest sense of the word. He treats various diseases, including the most terrible. The main thing is to comply with the recipe and pay attention to the individual characteristics of your body.