6 minutes Posted by: Aksinya Andreeva 176
Any dish nicer to do yourself than to buy. This rule applies to salting fish. Often deciding to cook it yourself the question arises as to salt the fish to dry properly. Experienced cooks recommend using 5 basic recipes for salting.
How to prepare the fish for the ambassador
There are two types of carcass preparation.
- For big fish. If the carcass is more than 30 cm in length, then it must be gutted. To this end, it is washed, rip the belly and remove the entrails. Then everything is washed again in cool water. It is not recommended to cut off the head, but it is necessary to remove the gills.
- For small fish. Small carcasses up to 30 cm are practically not necessary to prepare. They can be salted uncollected. The only requirement is that you must remove the gills.
If you leave the gills, the carcass will begin to disappear due to the fact that they begin to develop harmful bacteria. Even a large amount of salt will not save it, because it does not completely disinfect them.
There are many recipes for salting fish. But not everyone can preserve the taste, as well as give the meat the necessary hardness and fat.
Salting fish for drying, followed by long-term storage can be the traditional way, but if you process it and immediately eat it, it is better to choose a spicy way.
Dry or traditional method
Such a method would require deep wooden packaging with holes (a box made of planks would be best suited), a linen bag, large rock salt and prepared carcasses.
The bag unfolds to the bottom of the box, and salt and carcasses are laid on it.
Each fish is well rubbed with salt and folds into the container. At its bottom, you must first pour about 1 cm of salt. Carcasses should be laid so that they lay very tight. Therefore, it is better to lay their head to the tail. Each layer must be sprinkled with a small layer of salt. After everything is laid, the top is covered in a layer of 1 cm of salt. On top of the contents of the container it is necessary to put a lid and flatten it a heavy load.
In this state, everything is about 8 - 10 days in a cool, shaded place. When the juice starts to stand out on days 3 - 4, it will not linger in the container.
After pickling can proceed to soaking and subsequent drying of fish.
Wet or salted brine
Salt the fish in this way can be in a dish that does not oxidize (bucket, pan, barrel or tank). To do this, it is placed in a container tightly, belly up, sprinkling it with salt (1 kg of salt per 10 kg of prepared carcasses).
Above the contents of container lid and rests pressed down load. Approximately on day 2 juice will start to stand out. It will mix with salt and you will get a pickle in which the carcasses will stay for about 5 to 10 days. Duration of salting depends on their size.
After that, the fish is taken out and washed in running water. Only then can we proceed to further drying or drying.
There is another way to make brine. For it is necessary to dissolve 1 kg of salt in 3 liters of fresh, filtered water. After fresh pickle, pour in previously laid carcasses. After everything is covered with a lid and put under pressure in a cool place. So they salt for 4 - 8 days.
Properly salted fish with spices can be as follows. First of all, you need to prepare the brine, as in the previous recipe, and then add the bay leaf, black peppercorns, horseradish leaves and coriander ground or corn. You can also add sugar to taste.
The fish is placed in an enamel container and is filled with brine. After that, it is covered with a lid and pressed down with a yoke. In this state, she should stay 2 - 3 days.
After salting, it should be a little dry. This will allow meat to get a more pronounced taste and will increase the shelf life in the refrigerator up to several months.
This method of salting is different from the previous ones and is only suitable for fatty varieties. The carcasses are strung on the transverse rod through the gill holes and placed in a container with brine so that they are suspended.
For the preparation of brine requires only water and salt. Its quantity can be determined with the help of a raw chicken egg or potato. They should not drown in it.
The salting process is a little different and takes only 4-6 days. But not everyone knows how many days it is necessary to keep the carcasses in brine, and therefore it is not uncommon that they are overexposed, and they manage to gain much salt. In this case, the fish will need to soak a little longer than usual and increase the frequency of water change up to 4 - 5 times.
Salmon Method for Fresh Fish
For such salting, mackerel or herring is suitable.
The fish must be pre-cut and sprinkled with salt in the abdominal section and on the back. To the salt it is recommended to add 10 g of sugar, black pepper and bay leaf to taste. Thereafter, it is wrapped in fabric made of linen or cotton and placed in a refrigerator.
With this method, the fish must be salted for 30 hours, after it can be reached and dried, spreading out on a flat surface. However, some people prefer to eat it immediately after salting.
Soak after salting
If the fish was salted at home in a dry, pickled or suspended way, this procedure is required.
For the rest, before drying, you can simply rinse it (if necessary) under running water.
- For convenience, sort the carcass by size.
- Large fish are soaked for 1.5 - 2 days. It is necessary to change the water three times.
- Water should be used cool and the procedure should be in a cool place.
- Small fish are soaked for 24 hours, and the water changes only 2 times.
- After the procedure, the water must be drained and watered.
After these manipulations, you can safely move on to drying or drying.
What distinguishes dried fish from dried
Not many people know how dried fish is different from dried fish.
In both cases, the fish is first salted and then soaked. The difference lies in the fact that when dried it is placed in well-ventilated areas with access to sunlight. At the same time, complex processes (physical and biochemical) occur in meat. The peculiarity of dried fish is that after its readiness it can be immediately eaten without additional processing.
But dried carcasses do not undergo the ripening process due to the fact that they are usually dried a little differently. Therefore, such a fish is considered a semi-finished product and requires additional processing.
There are many ways of salting fish and all of them are suitable both for further curing and for drying it at home. The drying process depends on the size of the carcasses and their fat content, and if they do not have time to reach the condition in the allotted time, they can always be dried. Salted fish need to be further processed with steam and served with boiled potatoes. It perfectly complements the taste of salted, dried or dried fish.
Basics of proper salting
Salting fish at home can be made with river and sea fish. Regardless of the type, you must always adhere to basic requirements.
- The fish must be of high quality: the river must be fresh, and the sea must be chilled or frozen.
- Salt marinades used only net without any impurity or iodine. For dry salting, only coarse salt is taken.
For salting, you should also choose a suitable container so that it is clean and waterproof. Enameled containers without chips, wooden crates or plastic boxes for food products will do.
Small fish is salted whole, and large gut, without cutting the abdomen, and cut into portions.
If you need to speed up the ambassador of large individuals, the carcass is punctured with a syringe with saline, making punctures in the abdomen and anus.
Differences salted large and small fish
Despite the general principles of salting, all fish salted in different ways. How to salt the fish, depending on the size of the carcass? Consider the main differences salting small and large fish:
- small fish salted faster than large,
- the little fish doesn't need to be gutted, but the big fish is gutted and cut into pieces,
- small individuals can be salted in any of the ways described below, but for large-sized fish it is best to use spicy or wet methods.
Types of salting
Salt the fish at home can be a few basic ways:
- dry - dry salt,
- Wet - saline brine (brine),
- spicy - with the addition of herbs or spices to the brine or in the dry salt,
- provesnoy - horizontal suspension, grated salt, fish.
Pickle fish dry method is simple, so it is the most common method.
- a fish,
- container with holes in the bottom.
- The bottom of the basket or drawer is covered with a thick cloth, the rows are laid prepared fish back to the bottom.
- Each row sprinkle dry coarse salt (1.5 kg per 10 kg fish).
- From above we establish oppression, we leave for 7-10 days in a dark cool place. Salt displaces carcasses excess moisture, and that flows out of the holes.
The difference of this method from the first one is that the fish salted in a strong saline solution.
- a fish,
- 1 tbsp. sugar,
- non-oxidizable waterproof packaging.
- Fish layers fold in a suitable container. Pour layers of dry salt (consumption: 1 kg per 10 kg of raw materials).
- We cover the product with a wooden plate, install a small oppression.
- We leave in a cool place out of sunlight. After a few days, the product launches juice. It soluble salt forming the brine, which eventually will cover the contents.
- After 3-8 days salting is over. Carcasses are washed, dried, determined for storage.
Spicy fish has a pleasant, specific notes of spices and herbs. The method consists in adding to the basic ingredients extra fragrant spices.
- 1 kg of fish,
- 0.5 tbsp. rock salt
- 1 tsp sugar,
- a mixture of ground cinnamon and allspice (or other spices).
- Fish prepared by following the above recommendations.
- Salt mix with spices and sugar.
- The carcass is laid in a suitable waterproof container, peppered prepared dry mix, set on top of the oppression.
- Leave the design in a cool room for two or three days.
This salting fish is used most often for salting fatty varieties. Processed saline carcass, hung on the bars for 5-7 days.
To make the product safe, you must wrap the hanging carcasses with gauze. This will help prevent flies and other harmful insects from entering the product.
Proper storage conditions
It is important not only to properly saline, but also important to properly store the finished product. storage time depends on the degree and method of salting and temperature.
Wet salted fish should be stored only in brine for no longer than a month at 6-8 degrees. Brine protects the product from oxidation and weathering. But the longer the fish will be in an aggressive salty environment, the worse will be the taste of the product. Without brine the fish can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
The longest can be stored dried salted fish - taranka. It is wrapped in thick paper (not in a newspaper) and placed in a cool, dry place.
At home you can salt a very tasty pink salmon. The fillet is very tender and appetizing, and it is simply impossible to break away from sandwiches with this delicacy. Salted pink salmon is ready in 5 hours.
Ingredients for cooking:
- 300 g of fresh pink salmon fillet,
- 1 tbsp. small salt,
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil,
- 1 tsp sweet sand.
For the preparation of fish fillets we cut pink salmon in small slices. Dip each piece in the oil, gently shake off, put in a glass bowl. Each layer of pink salmon is seasoned with salt and sugar.
Tighten the top of the bowl with cling film, send to the fridge. After 5 hours, pink salmon will be salted.
Herring in brine
Herring is an inexpensive and very tasty fish, most often it is sold in salted form. No less tasty herring can be cooked in your own kitchen. Then we will talk about how to pickle fresh-frozen herring in brine.
Ingredients for cooking:
- 3-4 carcass of herring,
- 1 liter drinking water,
- 3 tbsp. salt,
- 1.5 tsp sweet sand
- 2 lavrushki,
- 3-5 grains of black pepper,
- 2-3 buds of carnations.
Fresh-frozen fish before salting must defrost. This is best done in the refrigerator or at room temperature. Herring prohibited thawed in a microwave oven or hot water.
Properly salted herring, whole carcasses without cutting the abdomen. It will be much tastier, juicier and more aromatic, all the more it can be stored longer in brine and will not become saltier for it.
While the fish is being thawed, prepare the pickle. Pour water into the ladle, put all the spices, bring the contents to a boil. Boil until all the crystals are completely dissolved. Then we set aside and completely cool the liquid.
Immerse the thawed washed herring into the brine, set the pressure from above, leave for a day for the preliminary salting.
Then we shift the carcasses into a plastic container with a lid, pour in the brine and leave for another day in the refrigerator.
This fish can be stored with brine for about a week.
This method is good for cooking fatty fish: tolstolob, carp, pink salmon, trout and others. Fish in pickled form is stored longer than salted. Therefore, the ideal option - stock up on store fish delicacy.
Ingredients for cooking:
- 2 steak carp,
- 1 garlic clove,
- 1 onion,
- 5 grains of allspice,
- 5 tbsp. lean oil,
- 1 tbsp. salt and sweet sand
- 5 tbsp. Table vinegar (9%).
Wash steaks, milling. Cut filles strips of 8 mm.
The bottom of the tank, where the carp will marinate, is sprinkled with a mixture of salt and sugar. Densely laid pieces and sprinkle with salt and sugar. Thus, pouring spices, we put all the fish.
We cover the bowl with a plate on which we put oppression. We leave preparation to salt about 5 hours. Thereafter, each piece of excess salt wash under running water.
Now prepare the marinade. To do this, at the bottom of the dish, where the silver carp will marinate, lay out the half rings of onion, chopped garlic, peppercorns, vinegar and vegetable oil. All mix, put the fish there. We mix everything, send it to the refrigerator, covered with a lid.
In the marinade the fish should spend at least two hours. When the flesh turns white, then carp can be served.
How to pickle a salmon for drying?
Vobla can be cooked in different ways, because how many housewives, so many recipes. But the most popular delicacy is the dried roach. In order to get a tasty healthy whitefish, pre-salting of fish is carried out for drying.
Ingredients for cooking:
- prepared roach,
- 1 l of water
- 25 grams of vinegar.
Before salting, gut roach, wash, remove the gills. Large individuals 2-3 times incise on the back.
Carcass rub with salt, fall asleep salt in the abdomen and incisions, rub the gills and scales. We add up the carcass in a bowl, put the yoke and wait 2-3 days.
After salting vobla necessary to soak in a mixture of water and vinegar. Soaking time is calculated by the formula: 1 hour soaking = 1 day salting.
Then we insert a strut (toothpick) into the belly of each fish and hang it for drying in a sunny, windy place.
In the same way, you can salt river fish of any kind.
Fish - affordable and tasty product. Following all the above recommendations, you can independently provide the whole family with a high-quality salty product.
Before drying or drying the fish, you need to decide what kind of salting it should be. Now we will talk about how much salt to fish for drying, and you will be able to independently make this beauty at home or in the country. If the fish contains ten percent salt, then it is considered salted, from twenty and above - highly salted. Tuzluk (the juice that the fish gives out mixed with salt) is periodically drained to prevent bacteria from breeding and spoiling the fish. Fish for drying or drying must be fresh and chilled. Only after that you can start gutting. Salting fish for drying is a very responsible matter. It is necessary to gut the insides so that the microbes do not get on the meat.
Salting small fish
Salting of small fish is considered to be the perfect barrel or enamel pot. In order to pickle fish for drying, you need to wash it and rub it with a special mixture of saltpeter and salt. The proportions for this mixture are 10: 1. Saltpeter is a great preservative. It does not allow product to deteriorate, and gives them a lovely red tint. At the bottom of a keg or pot lay out layers: fish - the mixture, cover with a lid and put under pressure. Keep the container should be in a cool place. If you suddenly have no saltpeter, then the recipe for salting fish for drying is a little more complicated. In this case, you will have to gut the fish and remove the gills. В засол можно добавлять различные специи по вкусу: листья смородины, ежевики, лавровый лист, гвоздику, черный, душистый перцы, тмин и даже розмарин. Всё зависит от ваших предпочтений. После засолки рыбу можно сушить, а можно и есть так, обмыв водой и полив подсолнечным маслицем.
In order to properly gut the fish, you need to make a transverse incision between the head and the anus. It is impossible to cut in the opposite direction, since with such a notch internal organs can be damaged. Pull out the insides, gills, rinse thoroughly. Rinse until there is blood under the spine.
Dry salted fish dry
How to pickle fish for drying in a dry way and which fish is more suitable for this? These questions have answers. Salting fish for drying or drying in this way is more suitable for large fish. In the case of a wet salting, we did not cut up the fish, we immediately need not only to take out the insides, but also to divide the fish into two halves and wipe it with a dry towel. The inside should be well sprinkled with salt. For such salting, fish is laid in layers in a box. It is best to take a wooden one - the juice secreted by the fish will flow out through the holes. The box must be placed in the pit. They usually dig it out in the shade and cover it with a film so that insects cannot reach the fish. Ambassador lasts up to a week. This method is also suitable for salting a small fish. You can not even gut it.
Here is what you need to do:
1) Take a cutting board, put a clean towel on it.
2) Fold the fish in a row of the type "sprats in the bank."
3) Sprinkle with salt and wrap in a towel.
4) We cover with another board and set oppression.
Juice with such salting flows through the fabric. After the fish is salted, it is removed from the towel, washed in cold water, soaked for a short time and hung out. The best way of drying is a wooden box prepared in advance with gauze or mesh walls, but you can do it in a simple way. We take the "gypsy" or shoe needle, thread the nylon thread or fishing line through it and thread the fish, threading the thread through the eye holes. On top of the rope we put gauze or mosquito net and dry for seven to ten days. Big fish is best hung at high poles on the pole.
Drying and drying of fish in nature
Many wonder how to pickle fish for drying in nature. If you went on a picnic with friends for a couple of days and caught fish, it can be safely dried or withered right on the spot. How to pickle fish for drying in field conditions? Gutted catch is placed in a bag of salt for a day, and then hung in the open air. It is possible to fasten the fishes with the help of clothespins, hanging them by the tails in the fresh air. The most acceptable weather for this is windy. To protect against insects, fish is wrapped with gauze and rubbed with sunflower oil or manganese solution. The optimum temperature for drying or drying is up to twenty degrees. In its natural environment, the fish dries up to two weeks. It is better to keep dried fish in a cloth bag in a ventilated place, but it should be noted that after drying it should “infuse” for up to a month.
How to pickle fresh fish? Cold marinating
For marinating small fish, it is not necessary to gut it, for a large one this condition is necessary. There are two types of marinating fish: cold and hot.
1. Cooking marinade: 200 milliliters of water, 100 grams of salt, 200 grams of sugar. We mix and dissolve in 300 milliliters of boiling water.
3. Pour 500 ml of vinegar and boiled water into the brine.
4. Add one gram of bay leaf, one gram of dill, three grams of pepper, better than allspice, one and a half gram of mustard in grains.
5. Put the dishes with fish in the refrigerator for five days, pre-shift the onion rings and pour the marinade (1: 1). Onion is no less tasty than the fish itself.
1. Cut the fish into pieces, after removing the insides.
2. Interspersed with fine salt and set in the cold for 30 minutes.
3. For the marinade: boil two liters of water, add four onions and three sliced carrots.
4. After ten minutes of boiling add two tablespoons of vinegar, pepper, bay leaf, salt, sugar to taste.
5. Pour the marinade over the fish and cook for twenty minutes over low heat.
6. Scald the jars, lay the fish there and pour the marinade.
7. Close the plastic cover.
You can store fish for up to three days in the refrigerator.
Delicious salty balyk
Well, who does not like fish balyk? It is not only tasty, but also healthy. Balik can be made from fatty fish: sturgeon, salmon, trout and other.
1. To separate a back from skin, to put in a pan.
2. Pour with salt and saltpeter (400 grams of salt per 5 grams of saltpeter).
3. Put under the yoke for three days.
4. Stir balyk, rubbing his own juice, and leave for another three days.
5. Take out, hang in the sun for jerking.
6. Smoke or grate with liquid smoke.
Keep fish right
Fish products deteriorate very quickly, and the fishy smell greatly absorbs the neighboring products. It is for this reason that fresh fish should be stored in an enamel pot with a lid. You can keep it in this form only for two days. Frozen fish can be stored for up to two weeks. The salted product is kept in the refrigerator at a temperature of up to 12 degrees. Dried and dried stored in the refrigerator in a paper or rag bag. If you have fish in barrels of brine, then you need to store it in a cold basement. Put the barrel on the bricks, and fill the floor with sawdust. It is often necessary to change sawdust in winter (about once a week), in summer - once every two weeks.
We hope that this article was informative for you, and you will definitely become a professional in the field of pickling, drying and drying fish.
How to pickle river fish - tasty and right?
The most common way to heat treat a catch is roasting.
But what to do if a large number of fried trophies simply no one to feed?
Here the option of salting will come to the rescue.
This process is quite simple and will stretch the pleasure of consuming fish for a considerable period of time.
Let's try to figure out how to quickly and tasty salted some types of river fish with your own hands.
Types of river fish optimal for salting
Fish is the most useful product in nature, rich in various vitamins and trace elements.
It is ideal for drying or salting.
River fish roe is also very useful.
Consider which types of river dwellers love salt, and as a result, they make a great snack.
For salting it is good to use all representatives of red river fish and all the various small species of river fish (perch, roach, crucian carp, etc.)
Remember that the shelf life of salted fish is still not very long.
As a rule, freshness lasts for two weeks, depending on the type of fish and salting recipe.
Homemade salting methods of river fish
There are various types of salting fish at home.
There are many types of homemade salting, we consider the two most popular:
- dry salting or cold salting,
- brine pickling
The main rule before cooking salted fish - properly selected dishes and high-quality ingredients.
To salting completed successfully, you should consider a few rules:
- Mixing utensils should be enamelled or glass.
- Salt is necessary to choose stone and rather large, because it will saturate all layers of fish well.
- Freshly caught prey will be tasted best of all, but if the fishing season has already passed, you can purchase a fresh-frozen specimen and defrost it under hot water or at room temperature.
- Not every breed needs to be thoroughly cleaned and cleaned before salting
Dry salted fish
Most often, river fish is salted using the dry pickling method. About him and tell.
- To start, make a homemade marinade: put 150 grams of salt in a plate, and add pepper, bay leaf and 50 grams of sugar.
- Thoroughly wash the thawed fish carcass under the tap with cold water.
- Remove the skin and bones (if possible),
- Carcasses should be put on a plate, back down and sprinkled with all seasonings in the food list,
- We close our billet and leave it in the fridge for three days.
In any salting recipe, you should always take into account that salt with small particles can only oversalt the fish fibers.
Another embodiment of the dry salting.
- wooden container (it can be a basket or a small box),
- thick fabric
- a fish,
- sugar, salt
- Clean, wash and dry the sockeye.
- We lay on the bottom of the basket, having previously laid out a rough matter.
- We grease each of the fishes with salt from all sides and not forgetting about the mouth and abdomen.
- Extend the carcass exactly on the prepared surface. The distance between the bodies should not be.
- When everything is laid out, it is necessary to close the box and press down with a sufficiently heavy weight.
- Leave in a cool place for a week, so that each fish is well salted.
- As soon as the scales become a little firm to the touch, it should be pulled out of the resulting juice and left to air dry.
How to pickle perch for drying?
Cooking dried bass:
- We wash perch under cold running water.
- Coarse salt is poured on the bottom of the enamel pan.
- The salt layer must be no thinner than 0.5 cm.
- On top of the salt, lay the fish tightly.
- Again sprinkle with salt.
- Once again lay out perch, etc. until we post everything.
- The final row should consist of salt.
- Close the container and press a significant weight.
- Leave salting in a dark place for about a month or 40 days.
- At the expiration of the above period, the carcass must be distributed along the length.
More well-fed representatives need to soak for about 1.5 days, three times replacing the water in the barrel (or any vessel suitable for salting).
The calculation of water is made from accounting for 5 liters of cold water per 2 kg of fish. The salting process itself should take place in a dark place with average temperatures. It is not recommended to close the lid completely!
Drain all the water and give a little dry.
We stretch a strong rope in a well ventilated area with low humidity. You can prepare wire hooks in advance or use old plastic clothespins.
Hang perches, pinching their upper lip.
To slightly protect the product from overdrying, you can cover them with gauze cloth. If drying occurs in the summer, it is necessary to protect the fish in advance from sudden precipitation.
For this you need to cover all perch and crucian carp with polyethylene material. But at the same time, after the appearance of the sun, you need to immediately remove such a “cover”.
Further, the logical question arises: "How many days to dry the river production?".
And here it is worth relying on your instincts and personal preferences. It happens that a couple of days is enough for a good drying, and sometimes it can take 4 or even 5 days.
Independent salting of river fish is not difficult and very tasty.
Properly selected ingredients and proportions give ordinary river fish a unique flavor and unforgettable taste.
The problem, however, can be caused by the scrupulous removal of bones from fleshy veins.
But if you gain a little patience, the result will exceed all expectations.
We hope now, knowing how to pickle river fish, you will do it more often.
What fish can be dried at home
To wither the salted fish, suitable are those species whose meat will "ripen" during drying in the open air, acquiring a specific aroma and taste. So, the best in the dried form are the following inhabitants of the water depths:Dried bream Here are some tips about what quality and size should be a fish, suitable for drying, as well as some other recommendations:
- The fish should be medium fat and not large.
- It can fade as a whole, or as layers sliced along the vertebrae, or in pieces up to 100 grams.
- Usually, a small fish is salted and dried, not gutted, so that the fat that is under the skin and on the entrails soaks the whole fish, which makes it even tastier.
- It is best to cook small fish in the winter and spring, before spawning: during this period its meat is fatter and has better taste. An additional plus is that at that time there are still no flies that could put their larvae on a delicacy.
- If you decide to cook dried fish in the summer, then you can not leave it not gutted. Due to the fact that most fish that are suitable for curing, are herbivorous, the greens in their insides will decompose during cooking, so the meat will taste bitter and have a stale smell.
- Larger fish (1.5-2 kg) need to remove the insides and gills, regardless of the season. In the carcass, the belly is cut and an incision is made along the back.
- After removing the entrails, the fish meat is washed and cooked according to recipes, which we describe a little lower.
Definition of fish salting
In the preparation of dried product, three types of salting are used according to the amount of salt used:
- Lightly salted (or slightly salted) - up to 10%.
- Medium (medium salt) - 10-14%.
- Strong (strong-salted) - more than 14%.
Salt fish after concentrated saline solution before consumption must be soaked:
- Cooling water, cooled tea brewing or a mixture of milk and cold water is used to soak the product of the middle layer.
- Fish more concentrated salting before it is served on the table, you need to soak, putting it in water with a temperature of 12 ° C to 15 ° C.
- Lightly salted usually cooked mackerel, fat herring and mackerel. They are not soaked before serving.
During this method of preparing a salty delicacy, the salt actively draws out juice from it, and the oppression squeezes it out additionally, so a copious amount of saline is formed. Best of all, a dry salted fish is obtained with a weight of more than 1 kg, which requires 200 g of salt for each kilogram of product. Mandatory requirements for the preparation of dry salted product:
- Salt is applied completely dry and large, before it dried in the oven.
- It takes a lot of weight to fully distribute the entire surface of fish carcasses and squeeze out all the air in them. If this is not achieved, rotting bacteria will develop in them.
- Only a flat wooden (lime or aspen), porcelain or stainless steel form can serve as a cargo circle.
Step-by-step fish preparation with dry salting
This will require:
- 1 kg medium sized fish
- 200 grams of salt
- box made of wood with slots in the bottom,
- circle for oppression,
- piece of polyethylene,
- a piece of linen cloth.
- Wash carcasses thoroughly from mucus and allow water to drain.
- Cut them along the back along with the head and cut the bones of the ribs from the spine.
- Gently gut without catching the gallbladder with a knife.
- Soak up excess liquid from the meat with a piece of canvas.
- Rub in salt under the scales and sprinkle salt inside.
- At the bottom of the box pour salt in a layer of 2 cm and lay the fish layers in one row with the scales up.
- Larger fish is laid below, first.
- The carcass is unfolded like a book, with each layer being placed opposite to the previous one. This will allow the weight of the yoke to be evenly distributed over the surface of the batch of salting.
- Each new layer should be poured abundantly with salt.
- At the top of the last row put a circle with a yoke.
- Put the box in a cool place, having previously placed a suitable container under it for draining the separated brine through the holes.
- Cover the box with plastic to prevent dust and debris from getting there.
Some subtleties of cooking fish carcasses of wet salting:
- Salting do in circulating or irremovable brine (salt solution).
- The product turns out to be slightly salted. Next, it is used to prepare lightly salted dishes, smoked by smoking, canned or pickled.
- A significant disadvantage of this method of salting is that the initial concentration of the brine in the cooking process quickly decreases. If salt is added to the brine, it will not give the desired effect, because salt dissolves much more slowly than liquid is released from fish meat.
- Diffusion and stabilization of the salt concentration in the tank take place very slowly, so the process of the installation is long and uneven, which can lead to poor quality of the final product.
Cooking a fish in a brine
The following ingredients you need to take:
- 10 kg of fish carcasses,
- 1 kg of salt
- 1 tbsp. spoon of sugar
- tableware, which is not oxidized,
- wooden circle or plate of suitable size
- Wash the fish.
- Mix the salt and sugar.
- Place the carcasses with the belly up, spreading it in layers in a container and pouring it with a mixture of sugar and salt.
- Put a circle on top and put a yoke on it.
- After 2-3 days, all carcasses should be covered with a bast.
- Prosol carcasses occur from the third to the tenth days (depending on the size of the fish), after which they are suitable for consumption.
Some useful tips and features of the process:
- At first, it is necessary to ensure that the released brine does not overflow over the edge of the dish. This should be done until the juice is no longer abundantly stand out from the meat.
- Tuzluk with finished fish should be kept in a cold basement, closet or refrigerator.
- The suitability of the product with proper storage is 2-3 months.
- Before you use ready-made delicacy, it should be washed with water, then dried and removed for storage.
- Использованный тузлук обычно сливается, но если он светлый, его дополнительно усиливают необходимым количеством соли и используют повторно.
Видео: приготовление вяленой рыбы своими руками в тузлуке
Вялить рыбешку желательно в сухую погоду, с температурой воздуха 18-25°С, в притененном месте. Во время вяления соленые рыбешки постепенно высушиваются под действием света, воздуха и тепла. При этом происходит сложное изменение структуры мяса:
- Обезвоживание и уплотнение мясных волокон.
- Равномерное распределение жира по всем тканям.
- Meat becomes amber and acquires a special, unique taste.
- 10 kg of fish,
- 1 kg of salt
- utensils suitable for the volume (box, barrel, enamel saucepan, etc.),
- cargo cover
The preparatory process:
- Wash fresh fish carcasses thoroughly.
- For fish larger than 20 cm, remove the entrails, then cut them from the head to the end of the abdomen. Caviar and milk can be left.
- Thread the twine through the eyes and tie it to both ends.
- Rub each carcass with salt on all sides, and then lay out the bundles in layers in a suitable container, sprinkling the layers with salt.
- After that they need to stand for 8 hours.
- After the 8-hour period, cover the fish with a lid and press down with a load.
- After 3-7 days the salting process will end. Fish carcasses can be removed from the pickling vessel and rinsed under running water.
How to jerk the product:
- Dried out after washing the carcass from the brine should be moistened with vinegar and spread with vegetable oil to scare away the flies.
- Wrap each bundle in several layers of gauze - this will be a barrier to the laying of eggs by flies.
- To hang bundles with fish under a ventilated canopy.
- It should wilt from two to four weeks (the variation depends on the size of the fish and the surrounding temperature).
- Readiness of dried fish carcasses can be checked by bending the fish from the head to the tail. "Mature" fish should spring up and straighten up. If this happens, then the drying process is over, and it is ready for use.
Video: how to fish fish at home
In this case, heat treatment does not apply. The fish is affected by a prepared mixture of spices and vinegar.
- 1 kg of prepared fish carcasses,
- 5 pieces of bulbs,
- 400 ml of vinegar (9%),
- 100 g of salt
- 200 grams of sugar
- 600 ml of water (boiled),
- 10 pieces of black peppercorns,
- 5 bay leaves,
- 1.5 teaspoons of dill seeds,
- 1.5 teaspoons of coriander seeds.
- Boil 200 ml of water with spices (pepper, coriander, dill) for 10 minutes.
- Pour salt, sugar, bay leaf and mix.
- Marinad to cool, then add the remaining cold water and vinegar.
- Cut the onions into rings.
- Cut the fish into pieces in a bowl with a lid, put onion on top and pour on the pickle.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- For pieces of pickling time - 3 days, for whole fish - 5 days.
Hot marinating can be cooked boiled, steam, and also fried fish.
- 1 kg of fish
- 5 bulbs,
- 3 carrots,
- 400 ml of vinegar (9%),
- 3 tbsp. spoons of salt
- 4 tbsp. spoons of sugar
- 2 liters of boiled water,
- 10 sweet peas and 10 black pepper peas,
- 5 bay leaves,
- vegetable oil.
- Fry the prepared fish pieces in oil.
- Boil the water and put the peeled onions and carrots in it. Boil 10 minutes on low heat.
- Add salt, sugar, vinegar, pepper and bay leaf. Boil another 5 minutes.
- Put the fried fish in glass jars with lids.
- Put onion sliced onions.
- Remove boiling marinade from the stove and pour it into jars with fish.
- Cover and allow to cool.
- Put the product in the refrigerator and insist 2 days.
Fresh salmon salmon
The most suitable for salmon salting are red fish species: chum salmon, trout, pink salmon and others. The most acceptable taste and price - keta.
Ingredients and tableware:
- 1 or 2 medium chum,
- 2 tbsp. spoons of coarse salt
- 1 tbsp. spoon of sugar
- ground black pepper and bay leaf - to taste,
- square dishes or a pan with high sides for salting chum salmon,
- capacious container with a lid,
- paper towels.
- Clean and rinse the chum.
- Remove excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Cut fish into 2 separate fillets and remove bones.
- Rinse again, let the water drain.
- Put each individual fillet on a baking sheet and sprinkle with a mixture of salt, sugar and pepper on both sides.
- Lay the prepared fillets in thick layers in a container with the skin up, shifting each layer with a bay leaf.
- Press down the fillet in the container with the load so that the pickle stands out.
- Cover the container and let stand in the refrigerator for 48 hours.
- After you get the container and swap fillet layers in places: top with bottom.
- Put back in the cold for a day.
- After 3 days salting each filet, put them in sachets and send them in the freezer for two weeks.
- At the end of a 2-week period, the fish is ready to eat.
Video: salmon salmon chum
Balyk salted fish is considered a delicacy with high taste. From the balyk prepare snacks and ingredients for sandwiches. Usually use fleshy and fatty representatives of the underwater fauna: salmon, sturgeon, herring, halibut, sea bass.
Ingredients and Utensils:
- 1 average fish carcass,
- 10 art. spoons of coarse salt
- 4 tbsp. spoons of sugar
- pepper, coriander, cinnamon - all in half a teaspoon,
- paper towels,
- piece of gauze,
- Wash the mucus under running water.
- Gut it, trim the head and tail.
- Cut off the abdominal part with a scissors, the so-called Tes-A (it will salt more quickly than the carcass, so it is prepared separately).
- Wipe the carcass dry.
- Mix the ingredients of the pickling mix and thickly distribute it under the scales, also generously falling asleep inside the carcass.
- Prepared fish wrap with gauze.
- Tie the carcass along the entire length of the string.
- Put in the bottom of the refrigerator on the pallet.
- The melted brine merges.
- Fish in the cold marinated for at least ten days.
- After a ten-day period, you need to release the carcass from the gauze, rinse and pat dry with a towel.
- Fish balyk can be stored for a long time in the cold, from time to time rubbing it with vegetable oil.
To work you need to prepare:
- Tara. This can be a deep bowl or basin, enamelled bucket, wooden box. We can take a plastic container. That's just nothing metallic can not be used.
- Spices. Must be black pepper and laurel.
- Food salt. It is desirable - not very small, and in any case not iodized.
- Cargo. They can serve as a not very heavy stone, a couple of bricks, wrapped in a plastic bag, a jar or a small enameled saucepan with water or any other similar object.
- The lid is slightly smaller than the top of the pickling tank.
This version of salting is designed for perch, bleak and other medium-sized fish. The catch should be fresh, the best - just caught. You need to choose copies of approximately the same size weighing up to 1 kg.
The catch must be washed and gutted. Next, salt dishes (0.5 cm) are first poured into the pickling dish and fish is placed, starting with larger fish. Putting the first layer, sprinkle it with a thin layer of salt on top, add a few sheets of laurel, 2-3 grains of pepper, coriander. Then again the fish, salt and spices, and so on until the top, or until the end of the fish.
Attention! The time has come to make oppression in order to force out all air from the fish - the cause of putrefaction. To do this, take the lid, put it on the fish, and put a “pickling” load on top.
Now you need to move all this stuff to the coolest place in your house (or apartment) for 72-96 hours. After the end of the pickling process, remove the lid and wash the fish under running water so that all the salt is washed off. When the water is clear, leave the pan for 60-90 minutes.
Some fishermen say that it is necessary to keep fish in the water every 24 hours of salting - 1 hour. For example, if the fish were in salt for a day, then soak for 1 hour, if 2 days - 2 hours and so on. Then drain the water, cover the table with newspapers in several layers and lay the fish on top to dry.
After 3-4 hours, it will become dry, which means - ready to eat. This treat has an excellent taste and excellent smell. You can use it with beer, and mashed potatoes and porridge - a universal snack is obtained. Keep the fish spiced salted for a long time, but only in the refrigerator. However, usually for a long time it does not lie.
It is used for fatty fish. Large representatives of fish are prepared and hung on rods. Then - placed in brine. The pickle should be so salty that the raw potato pops up. It is necessary to place the carcasses so that they are not strongly squeezed by one another. In a week, the product can be obtained from brine and, after washing and drying, can be eaten.
If a big catch caught in the summer heat away from home, you can do the following:
- Salted fish carcasses in a large plastic bag.
- Bury the bag in the soil (whether it is sand or earth). The depth of instillation is 0.7-1 m. A layer of soil will serve as a protection against heat and at the same time as an oppression.
- To keep the bag from moisture from dew or rain, a small bag should be put on the neck.
If the fish carcasses are large in size, they must first be gutted, wiped dry (wash - not!), Cut off the head and tail. Rub each carcass outside. Pour salt in all cuts and the inside. Wrap a clean burlap. You can also use a tissue napkin. Tightly wrap twine, bandage. Before cooking the carcass is soaked using milk or water. Then cook - boil, stew, fry. Selecting - to taste. You can eat raw, tucked like a herring.
Council If a large catch caught in the winter and froze thoroughly on the way home, you should not salt them like this: after thawing, the tissue structure is already broken, therefore it is gaining a lot of salt. Because of this, it is very difficult to catch the moment when the carcasses are salted and the fish can be significantly salted. In addition, when soaking and hanging the carcass can disintegrate. It is best to survive the freezing and thawing of the catch to process the stew.