Modern agricultural activities, regardless of their scale, cannot be imagined without the use of herbicides. They are very popular among professionals and amateur gardeners.
The most demanded segment of the relevant market is represented by herbicides of continuous action - non-selective preparations of universal type, which are able to inhibit the development of a large range of plants.
1 Where are continuous herbicides used?
Herbicide of continuous action is used for various purposes, in particular for:
- inhibiting the growth of perennial weeds by tillage upon the completion of harvesting,
- struggle with the emergence of weeds during the active growing season of various crops,
- reduce the period of achievement of technical maturity of cultivated plants,
- prior tillage in preparation for sowing.
Continuous herbicide - before and after
Regular use of continuous action herbicides for growing perennial crops (for example, trees, bushes) significantly reduces the time and financial costs of weed control and minimizes their number and growth rate.
In addition, soil treatment with special preparations helps to maintain a sufficient level of its moisture. Their use is also advisable for the treatment of non-agricultural land and land to combat undesirable vegetation. This category of territories may include runways, railways, and sections along established transmission lines.
1.1 Types of herbicides continuous action
The traditional classification of continuous action herbicides divides them into 2 main groups:
- contact –Such preparations treat only the preliminary soil, their composition ensures the effectiveness of the impact and the duration of the effect due to the low susceptibility of leaching,
- systemic - plants intended for direct treatment and contributing to its complete destruction.
There are also a number of recommendations on the use of herbicides for the protection of annual and perennial crops. In the case of annuals, the preparations can be used for tillage before sowing or planting crops, in the vegetation phase and after harvesting.
Often, herbicides are also used as agricultural crop desiccators and contribute to faster fruit ripening. When processing perennials, the best option is to periodically pickle the soil between plants.
to menu ↑
2 Overview of the most effective drugs
Among the large range of the most popular among farmers, farmers and gardeners are soil herbicides.
The system of action of soil herbicides
In this category of products, we recommend paying attention to the following drugs:
As for the continuous herbicide Arsenal, we recommend using it for the future, for example, for the primary processing of virgin. The drug has a prolonged action - some plants remain sensitive to its effects for 4-5 years. This pesticide belongs to the group of broad-acting agents and is considered one of the best for processing industrial areas.
The active substance in the composition of the continuous action herbicide Glyphosate are derivatives of phosphoric acid compounds. This drug is effective in combating perennial seed and grass weeds.
As a result of the use of Glyphosate, the synthesis of amino acids slows down and eventually stops, in particular, if it is processed during the period of active growth of weed crops and after full harvest. You can use the tool for processing vineyards, tea and citrus plantations, planting fruit crops, as well as areas where it is necessary to completely stop the development of weeds.
The non-selective drug Grader is characterized by a high content of active imazapir and is intended for the care of industrial areas. It is distinguished by its versatility due to the impact on a wide range of weeds and shrubs, as well as high productivity - after 7-10 days there is almost complete destruction of weed crops.
Potato processing in flowering stage
Roundup belongs to the category of the most popular herbicides of continuous action. The active substance, potassium salts of glyphosate, is absorbed by the herbaceous part of the plant and redirected to the root system, contributing to its complete destruction. Many experts consider Roundup in its own unique herbicide. Getting on the wax layer of the leaf, it gradually dissolves it and begins to actively influence all the organs of the plant.
Roundup can be used in a fairly wide range of temperatures, which also gives it the right to be considered universal. Another competitive advantage of Roundup is 100% coverage, which accounts for its high efficacy rates.
Tornado differs minimal consumption in the entire line of similar means due to the high concentration of the active substance. Tornado herbicide is mainly used to control two-seed and grass weeds, as well as trees of shrubs.
Tornado loyal to cultivated plants, does not violate crop rotation and helps to maintain an optimal level of soil moisture. A significant advantage of the drug Tornado is its versatility - it is great for the care of both annuals and perennial cultivated plants.
The torch is very popular due to the excellent combination of price and quality - the drug is inexpensive and effective. Getting on the herbaceous part of the plant, the microparticles of the drug spread throughout all its departments and organs, disrupt the synthesis of amino acids and contribute to the complete death of both the ground and underground parts of the weed.
The advantages of the herbicide Torch include the speed of exposure to the weeds of the hydrophytic group (cattail, sedge, etc.) and the possibility of speedy seeding — it can be done already 7 days after treatment. The tool has no residual effect on the soil, does not violate crop rotation and can be used to protect any crops.
to menu ↑
Herbicide Types from Weeds
Nowadays, safe weed-free herbicides are available on store shelves, the correct use of which will in no way affect either healthy plants or your health. There are two large groups of weed control agents:
- herbicides from weeds of continuous action - affect all vegetation,
- selective action - destroy certain cultures.
Herbicides are also divided according to the method of their use:
- Which are introduced into the soil. Being in the ground for several months, they are absorbed by the roots of plants, gradually destroying them. With such substances you need to be careful - their unsystematic introduction can ruin future harvests.
- Which are sprayed on the leaves. These drugs decompose much faster and cause less damage to the environment.
Herbicides from weeds of continuous action
Herbicides from continuous weeds to give apply in the following situations:
- for the destruction of weeds during the active growing season of cultivated plants,
- some weed herbicides accelerate the technical ripening of certain crops,
- for the destruction of weeds after harvest.
Such herbicides against perennial weeds are successfully used both on an industrial scale and in private farmsteads. In addition, modern chemists are working to make these substances as effective as possible on the one hand and safe for the environment on the other. Therefore, modern herbicides are very different from those released a few decades ago.
Herbicides for the destruction of weeds are an effective means of combating grass. Using the necessary herbicides on the garden plot, it is possible to achieve better fruiting of vegetable ridges in the country, beautiful lawns and flower beds.
There are a great many weeds, they are both annual and perennial. And if it is possible to cope with common grass, if the soil is covered with special material, then it is impossible to cope with long-lived useless plants in this way. Previously, this problem had one solution - mechanical action, that is, weeding. But now there are herbicides and weeds can be managed without spending a lot of effort. The main thing - in compliance with the recommendations on the use of these funds.
At the moment, in special stores there are a lot of drugs available to combat the grass, in addition, the range is updated all the time. Initially, herbicides were highly toxic and in order to obtain a worthwhile result it was necessary to use them in large volumes. Now everything is different: the drugs are safe for nature, the recommended dosages are quite low, and the result is very effective.
All herbicides can be divided by chemical components:
- Organic (most weed control is organic),
Also funds are classified according to the method of action on the grass.
Chemicals of this type are very powerful. With their help, all living things growing on the treated territory are eliminated.
Chemicals can be divided by methods of movement in weeds on:
- Contact. They act only in places where the drug is injected, and they do not move inside the grass.
- System. Drugs seep inside, spreading and weed, destroying it from the inside, including the root.
- Combined. Such means destroy the ground part of the plant and its root.
In addition, herbicides can be classified according to the place of impact:
- Anti-Tonic Dicotyled grass is destroyed
- Graminicides. Fighting grass in cereal crops.
How effective are these drugs?
These drugs, effective today in the fight against weeds, depend on specific factors:
- Application Method
- following the instructions for use,
When the product gets on the ground, then under the influence of ultraviolet rays and climatic conditions very quickly loses its toxicity. On average, it loses its properties after 21 days, although each substance decomposes at different rates. Chemicals are best distributed in the first couple of days after application to wet soils, as well as in the rain.
The effectiveness of drugs directly depends on land preparation. The more earthy lumps there are, the worse the remedy will be. In this case, even torrential rains will not save the situation. It is recommended to embed the substances after planting when the soil is still wet. It is better to zaryhlivat them in the upper layer of the earth after processing.
The use of herbicides for plants during the growing season is recommended in warm weather (+18 +21 degrees), windless in the morning when the dew comes down. The most toxic products are in the process of treating young weeds. In this case, the drugs are slower, but have greater resistance to external factors.
How and what herbicides from weeds of selective and continuous action to use, their names
If a gardener wants to get the maximum effect from chemicals, then when using them he must follow certain rules.
1. To use chemicals, having familiarized with the instruction on their use.
2. When choosing a drug, look at the active substance, because many drugs are called differently, but their composition is similar.
3. Timely carry out the treatment of the dacha area in the spring, autumn and summer periods.
4. Do not use chemicals at low night temperatures and high (from 25 degrees) daytime.
5. Exclude the use of herbicide, if the culture has damage and disease.
6. Do not treat with a single chemical. The best would be the use of herbicide turnover, that is, the alternation of substances.
7. Dilute funds only in clean containers.
8. Before processing, it is desirable to moisten the soil well (in advance), but cultural seedlings should remain dry.
9. Be sure to use personal protective equipment when using herbicides.
The use of drugs for certain cultivated plants
To increase the yield of greens and vegetables in the beds, it is necessary to use different chemicals to destroy weeds. If you pick them correctly, you will be able to defeat the weeds in the summer cottage. But, as you understand, all this is temporary, as new (or "sleeping") seeds brought by the wind or birds are already waiting in the wings. Therefore, the fight against weeds goes in a circle.
For main vegetable crops, different chemicals with selective effects can be used.
For this vegetable fit:
- "Butizan". This drug helps to fight dicotyledonous as well as cereal grasses when the seedling cultivation is used. The application rates can be found by reading the instructions on the container with the substance. Planting of seedlings can be made only a few days after cultivating the land with Butizan. For a month re-processing is not carried out, and the seedlings can be tucked only after the end of this period,
- "Treflan". This herbicide is introduced into the ground before planting sprouts, the drug must necessarily be dredged. When selecting a dose, the degree of soil fertility must be taken into consideration. The harder it is, the more it is necessary to take a dose of
- "Semeron". It can be used in the vegetation process of the vegetable to maintain the cleanliness of the beds,
- "Panther". Effective for the elimination of all cereals.
- "Treflan". It can be used before planting sprouts or sowing seeds for 2 weeks. The soil should be preliminary cultivated, since Treflan will be useless in eliminating adult weeds,
- "Zenkor (Ultra)". It is relevant both before planting tomatoes, and in the process of their growing season, when the plant has no more than 4 leaves,
- "Fusilad". Used when grass begins an active period of growth,
- "Stomp 33". It is suitable for the destruction of dicotyledonous cereals, annuals,
- "Targa". With this tool you can spray the grass before the tomatoes have released several leaves.
For her, among other herbicides, fit:
- "Prometrin". This chemical can cope with any cereal plants. The tool has an effect through the foliage and roots of herbs.
This vegetable can be protected from grass by taking advantage of "Treflan". It is allowed to use it before planting sprouts, the drug must be embedded in the soil a few centimeters deep.
Of chemicals you can make:
- "Pyramine". It is allowed to make before the first sprouts appear. It affects the roots and weeds die after germination,
- "Burefen". Eliminates broad-leaved herbs, introduced after the culture has risen,
- "Hexelur". It is very toxic, it fights perfectly with annuals. If it is good to irrigate the soil, then its full decomposition occurs approximately six months after treatment,
- "Betanal". Herbicide eliminates dicotyledonous one-year-olds, after the formation of several sheets on them.
- "Treflan"(introduced after sowing the crop, being embedded in the soil),
For greens you can apply:
- "Gezagard". It is necessary to carry out spraying of crops during the growing season, when the plant has 2 leaves,
- "Stomp". It should be made before shoots appeared.
You can use various chemicals for it:
- "Zencore"It fights annual one-pointed dicots, is introduced before sprouting, as well as when the crop grows 12 cm,
- "Frontier". Cleans ridges of all grass weeds, you can make it before the appearance of the first shoots of the culture,
- "Gezagard". Processing is carried out a couple of days before the appearance of sprouts.
Are universal, destroys all herbs. You can treat the territory with them until the first germs of cultivated plants appear, or by carefully protecting the ones that have appeared and growing during spraying. The substance does not accumulate in the soil; it affects solely shoots and foliage.
It is the most popular herbicide among gardeners and gardeners. Copes with difficult weeds (a loach, a creeping wheat grass, a thistle and other). "Tornado" kills the plant completely, because it penetrates through the stem into the roots. This remedy is low toxic, however it should be used with caution. "Tornado" can make the entire season when clearing curbs and ditches, and in the fall they are encouraged to spray harmful plants.
Depending on the effects on vegetation two types are distinguished:
- Selective action (otherwise they are called selective). Как следует из названия, такие химикаты позволяют уничтожать один конкретный вид растения или группу растений.
- Сплошного воздействия. Уничтожают все растения в области обработки.
Использование той или иной разновидности зависит от поставленных целей. Так, для выращивания красивого и ровного газона потребуется обработка почвы. Therefore, having dug it, one should use herbicides of continuous action to get rid of weed plants completely. This should be done for 3-4 months before planting a lawn grass.
Important! The chemical lasts about a month, so it is possible to plant lawn grass or other cultivated plants only after waiting for this period.
The most efficient treatment of the future lawn should be made according to the following scheme:
- Plot defined under the lawn, watered with a moderate amount of herbicide continuous action.
- Next, you need to observe the weeds, after about a week they will begin to dry up actively. This means that you must remove them from the roots and dig up the ground.
- The plot is left alone for 4 weeks.
- When new weeds appear, the treatment is repeated.
- Next, you must wait a month for the chemical to stop its impact, and begin planting lawn grass or flowers.
Weeds are no longer scary. The time for preparatory work is either early spring or late autumn.
In the process of lawn care, invaluable help will be provided. selective herbicides, allowing to destroy a specific type of weed without harming the grass. The process itself is fast and simple, and the result will delight you and your guests.
Tip! If the number of weeds is not yet large, you can not spray the chemical over the entire area of the lawn, but use the point method to inject the drug into the soil at the weed root. This will help get rid of it, without exposing the poison lawn grass.
Continuous Herbicides: An Overview
As mentioned earlier, these chemicals destroy all the grass in the area. Therefore, they cannot be used on the lawn or bed itself - it will destroy both grass and cultural plantings. The time for using such herbicides is to prepare the soil for sowing in spring or to destroy weeds in the fall. What herbicides are effective and less dangerous for ecology and humans?
This is an aqueous solution of glyphosate, produced in ampoules of various sizes, the average price of a pack of 50 ml is 85 rubles, 500 ml - 480 rubles, a liter costs 810 rubles. Distinguished by the rapid destruction of all plants, working on the following principle.
Due to its composition, the drug blocks the synthesis of amino acids necessary for the vital activity of plants, causing their death. To achieve the result, it is enough to treat the shoots protruding above the ground with the drug; the chemical will penetrate into the leaves itself, and from them - into the roots, causing the death of the plant. This process will take about two weeks.
Important! The drug is among the biodegradable, so harm to the environment is minimal.
For a herbicide to effectively destroy weeds, it is important read the weather forecast before applying it:
- In the next day should not be rain.
- On the day of application the weather must be windless.
- The optimal time for processing is either earlier morning (before 10-00) or evening (after 6-00 pm); the manufacturer does not recommend working in direct sunlight.
- It is very important to maintain concentration. On a plot of 50 sq. M. 25 ml of the chemical diluted in 1.5 liters of water will be required.
Compliance with these simple rules will help arrange a real tornado for weeds, destroying them from the root.
A foreign-made chemical, a guest from Belgium, is highly efficient and environmentally friendly. The average price in Russia for a pack of 50 ml is 150 rubles, for a liter you will have to pay from 1050 r. Available in convenient storage tanks. The advantages of the funds include:
- Destroying weeds, even perennials, in just a week.
- Destruction of root systems of shrubs and trees.
- For domestic animals and birds, the drug is harmless.
- Fully decomposed in the ground.
The active ingredient is glyphosate acid, for dilution you should use the calculation per liter of water to take 50 ml of the product.
The drug has the same active ingredient, diquat, safe for people and not harmful to the environment. In this case, the tool effectively fights weeds, using the method of spraying. The impact begins immediately after the funds hit the leaves and shoots of a weed plant, and the result will be noticed by the owners of household plots in a week.
Buy herbicide in several ways:
- Directly from manufacturers on the websites - often the price can be very profitable.
- To purchase in the online stores of goods for the garden and at home. This method is convenient because there is a choice between several firms.
- Purchase in stationary stores. The method is convenient because having made a purchase, you do not need to wait for delivery, you can proceed to processing immediately.
Before purchasing, carefully read the instructions, calculate the area of the site that needs processing.