An avid gardener is usually not enough standard window sills apartments for growing seedlings. Racks made of scrap materials on their own will help to get out of a difficult situation. Description of structures, methods of installation and proven in practice drawings will be a reliable help in resolving the issue.
The main reasons for installing shelving
Sill as a site for seedlings is not the best place. In addition to small size, there are other reasons for installing racks:
- Lack of natural lighting. Seedlings begin to engage in February, when often there is cloudy weather. And the sun's rays do not have enough power to heat the soil. Equipping a rack with lamps fully solves the problem.
- Low temperature. The optimum temperature for seedlings varies between 20-25 ° C, but the cold from the glass often causes a reduction in the required parameters.
- Small area. To get a good harvest, seedlings take a lot. Sills are usually not enough. Shelves of any type at times increase the area where you can put seedlings, while not taking up much space in the apartment.
Having once spent forces for production for seedling of a rack, you will use results of the work for a long time.
It is possible to classify the design of shelving according to several criteria:
- Production material: tree, metal, PVC pipes, plastic, plexiglas.
- Installation type: stationary, mobile, wall bracket, window.
- Solid frame or with the possibility of disassembling the structure.
- The presence or absence of artificial lighting.
Typically, the design of the rack includes 3-6 shelves with gaps between levels up to 70 cm. The optimal width is 50-60 cm.
The choice of material depends on the experience of the master, the planned costs and wishes for the final result. If the stand for seedlings will be made of wood, give preference to hardwoods, they absorb moisture poorly. Otherwise, the shelves will have to protect the film or oilcloth. It is better to make a metal rack from stainless steel. It is desirable to make the shelves of plastic or plexiglass, the budget version of the design for seedlings is plywood, covered with a moisture resistant material.
The stationary design is optimally suited for regular growing of seedlings, when the area of housing allows you to install a rack without damage to the free space.
The material for the manufacture can be wood or metal, the latter option is preferable in view of durability. Naturally, if the rack for seedlings underwent prior anti-corrosion treatment.
The key point of manufacture is the detailed calculation of dimensions, it is extremely problematic to remake the design later. Selection of quality materials is another factor that determines the duration of operation of the stand for seedlings.
Small housing is not an obstacle for growing seedlings. The collapsible design will come to the rescue, which, after planting, is folded and stored in the storage room. The manufacturing process is more complicated than a stationary stand, but the design of a folding type has several advantages:
- As required, the rack is moved to different parts of the room.
- The distance between the shelves can be changed.
- Most of the time the design does not clutter up the space.
For the manufacture of the frame is better to use metal parts, periodic procedures for mounting and dismantling the structure will quickly damage the integrity of the tree, and the rack must be replaced with a new one.
Excessively limited living space makes it necessary to turn to the window variant of growing seedlings. Typically, the frame is fixed in the window so that the racks burst between the sill and the top of the opening. The lack of a window rack - height restriction, usually it turns out to put only three shelves.
The choice of design depends on many factors, and the final decision remains for the amateur to engage in seedlings.
Consider a simple formation process for a seedling of a wooden structure:
- Initially prepare the side of the frame. Two bars of the desired height are connected by crossbeams in the amount of 4 pieces. The intervals between the transverse bars are chosen depending on the height of the future seedlings, a distance of 50-60 cm is considered appropriate.
- The crossbar for the bottom shelf is mounted on 10-15 cm from the edge of the vertical rack.
Advantages of the design for seedlings: mobility, simplicity and low cost of manufacture. Disadvantages: the inability to change the gaps between the shelves for seedlings of different height.
Metal stand for seedlings
Any design needs a preliminary draft, the rack for seedlings is no exception. Detailed drawing on paper is carried out in compliance with the proportions, it will allow to identify and promptly eliminate shortcomings on individual parts. To work will require:
- Pencil with tape measure.
- Building level.
- Drill with a set of drills.
- Bulgarian. A hacksaw is also suitable, but the process will take a bit longer.
For individual structures, a welding machine may be required, so in the absence of proper experience and equipment, it is better to choose a different drawing of the rack for seedlings.
Approximate list of materials:
- Profile pipe 20x20. For a massive rack it is better to take a pipe 20x40, which is able to withstand a large load.
- Support for the shelves is a corner of 25 mm.
- Plywood with a thickness of 1 cm or particleboard.
- Fasteners in the form of bolts with nuts. For fixing the rack to the wall will need anchor bolts.
- Lamps and a set of elements for electrical wiring.
- 2 rectangles with the length of the rack height are formed from the profile pipe.
- The bottom and top of the side racks are connected with a bundle to make the structure more stable.
- In the horizontal pipe in contact with the wall, holes are drilled for anchor bolts.
- Vertical racks of the future rack are equipped with holes with a gap of 25 cm on each pipe. This will allow you to adjust the height of the shelves, focusing on the growth of seedlings.
- The corner is cut in accordance with the width of the shelves of the rack. It also prepares holes for fasteners.
- When all the elements of the frame are ready, proceed to coloring.
- After complete drying, they proceed to the assembly and fixation of the stationary structure for seedlings.
- Then go to sawing shelves. When the need arises to move them along the rack, it is enough to unscrew the bolts that fix the corners.
It is recommended to mount the lamps on the structure in such a way that they can be moved in height. For the full development of seedlings requires the same distance between the artificial light source and the top of the plants.
Features of brackets and mobile designs
Stationary shelving can be made in the form of a bracket. Initially, two vertical posts with holes of the required size are attached to the wall. Brackets are inserted into them, on which shelves are placed. The top shelf serves as the basis for mounting a lamp that heats seedlings at the previous level of construction.
The assembly algorithm of mobile shelving is not much different from the formation of a stationary structure. The key point is to additionally install a horizontal support at the bottom, which is 2 times the width of the rack. This measure will prevent the risk of overturning the structure with seedlings.
Preparation and planning
If it seems to you that there is nothing complicated in the construction of a rack, then this is not quite so. It will occupy a certain place in the house, and therefore must fully fit into the interior and not interfere with free movement.
In addition, it is important to immediately take into account the width of the future boxes for seedlings, because the optimal width of the shelves directly depends on this parameter. In order for the finished design to fully meet all the stated requirements, it is very important to correctly calculate the size of each individual part and know exactly how to connect it to the others.
Drawings and sizes
You can create completely different racks, but one of the most optimal options (in our opinion) is a rack with a length of one and a half meters and a height of 180 cm. It will perfectly fit the most diverse seedlings, and there will be a place for various tools to care for it. There are 4 shelves in total, but in order not to bend each time, the boxes can be placed only on two medium ones, and the bottom one can be left for household needs. The distance between all the shelves in our case corresponds to 50 cm (with a depth of 60 cm), and it is better to leave 10 cm between the floor and the first shelf so that small legs are obtained.
It is possible to make a rack for seedlings from almost any available material, be it metal profiles, plastic parts or wooden bars. Each of them has its advantages and disadvantages, but wooden products are still considered the most versatile solution to the problem: they are affordable, easy to process, and when applied with a special coating, they can be used for decades.
In addition, the strength of such racks is in no way inferior to metal varieties, but they usually weigh less. As for the type of wood, it can be either hard (for example, from oak, ash or birch), or soft (pine, spruce, fir). In our work, we chose the pine, because it is more accessible and easier than others to be processed.
The main assistants in the construction of the rack under the seedlings will be saw (perfectly fit the end, but you can use the usual), drill, screwdriver or a regular screwdriver. Of course, if possible, it is desirable to get a power tool, because it will not only simplify, but also speed up the work.
In the hardware store, you can purchase boards of any thickness and width, but you still have to cut them. So, in our case, the width of the boards under the shelves is 10.5 cm, and the supporting parts of the rack are made of 2x3 cm bars. Having measured the required length on each element, the incision is made with a face or conventional saw. Wooden blocks and boards can be folded in pairs, which will save the total work time. As a result, we have 4 long legs, one shorter (to fix the structure behind) and 8 short squared crossbars.
Three shelves will consist of 15 planks 1.5 m long. If you want to additionally strengthen the rack, you can cut more short bars to fasten them between the bar cross-pieces to the side supports (diagonally).
Finished pre-cut wooden parts can be compared with the designer, who will have to be folded to obtain the finished product.
To cope with this task is simple, the main thing: to follow the sequence of actions:
- We take the first two support bars (length 1.8 m) and, stepping back from the edge of 10 cm, fasten the first crossmember between them.
- After 50 cm, we fix another one, and behind it two more, so that the result is a kind of staircase.
- Similarly, we connect the supporting parts for the second side of the future rack.
- It now remains to connect our “ladders” with shelves consisting of five boards: the first one is fastened at the very edge of the lower crossbars, and then, after 1.5 cm, we fasten the following ones along the entire depth of the future shelf. Thus, you will have the first, lowest shelf, which in our case will be used for the service tool.
- Similarly, we create the two upper shelves, simply securing all the boards on the side supports.
- At the very top, instead of a shelf, we use only one long wooden beam connecting the edges of the rack (like the boards, it is screwed with self-tapping screws). In the future, you can attach lamps to it.
- At the end of the process, in the rear part of the racking we attach diagonally another long bar, which will give the structure greater rigidity and stability.
Where it is best to place the finished structure
The location for the shelving should be selected taking into account the requirements of future seedlings. If you do not plan to use sources of artificial light, then it is advisable to install the structure closer to the windows or on a warmed balcony, where the air temperature will not fall below +15 ° C.
However, for the good development of most garden crops, the optimal values will be temperature indicators within + 20 ... + 25 ° С. Do not forget about the practical side of the issue: the rack should not interfere with the movement of people or the care of seedlings. With proper construction and placement of structures, it fits well into the interior and will help grow beautiful and strong plants, and you will not have to spend a lot of money and effort on its installation. Agree, this is really a worthwhile option for boxes with seedlings.
Types of racks and materials used for their manufacture
So, the rack for seedlings is a structure consisting of racks and a certain number of shelves. The device of the rack is very versatile, which allows it to be used in any conditions. This design can be placed in different parts of the apartment, and to install it you can use any smooth surface, for example:
- Table or windowsill.
- Floor (the rack can be equipped with wheels to be able to move it).
- Attached to the wall.
In order for the landlord to be able to maintain the structure, it must meet certain requirements. Here they are:
- Durability and reliability (to withstand boxes of seedlings).
- To tolerate moisture.
- Durable and reusable.
- Comfort for seedling development.
- Availability of plant maintenance (watering, soil loosening, inspection).
- Attractive appearance
- The ability to install lighting.
- Compactness and maximum efficiency.
- The ability to move to another location if necessary.
As for the materials used for the manufacture of home racks, everything depends on the wishes and capabilities of the owners of the room. However, when choosing, you need to remember that the design should be durable and practical. It is desirable that the material can be easily processed.
For example, for the manufacture of racks used:
- Bars of wood.
- Metal perforated tube.
- Pipes from plastic.
To create shelves use:
- Sheet metal.
- Molded wooden.
- Cloth of glass with a minimum thickness of 6 cm.
Let's disassemble each design of a house rack separately.
Rack from a metal profile
Metal profile constructions are becoming increasingly popular. This material has a number of advantages and is therefore used for assembling home shelves. As the positive characteristics of the metal profile is called:
- Structural strength.
- Ability to withstand powerful loads.
- The metal does not rot.
- Does not burn.
- Unaffected by fungus.
The scheme of the metal rack from the system-with-their-hands.
With regard to the footage of the materials used, it depends on the overall size of the structure and is established during the development of the project.
Before starting the assembly of the metal rack, you need to develop a project for the future construction. And draw a drawing that shows the exact dimensions of the parts of the rack. When everything is ready we start the assembly.
- So, we start with the markup. To do this, use the tape with the help of which you want to put a mark on the profile.
- The next stage is the cutting of the necessary parts from the profile (pipe). To do this, apply Bulgarian. If the owner is not possible to use the grinder. You can purchase pre-cut parts. Usually this service is provided at the point of sale of the profile.
- All parts received are connected to each other in exact accordance with the drawing. For this is used welding. If there is no apparatus, then bolting is used.
- In the course of assembling the structure, it should be periodically checked using level. This is an important point, because if you allow the curvature of the frame in the future it will be difficult to fix it.
- When the first (main) part of the frame is assembled, you need to take on the assembly of the frame for the shelves. And first it is necessary to assemble the lower shelves.
- Before fastening both types of frameworks, it is necessary to make an exact marking and to specify the place, fastenings of shelves.
- After the shelf frame is ready, it is fastened to the main structure. It is necessary to start from the bottom while checking the horizon by level.
- When the overall structure is assembled, it must be treated with special anti-corrosion compounds, after priming and painting.
The frame is ready now you can begin to work on the manufacture of shelves. They can be from a variety of materials, from sheet metal to chipboard. Shelf is cut so that it can be installed in the frame. After she took her place she was fastened with screws.
We determine the design and construction
First you need to choose the raw materials from which you want to make a rack for seedlings with your own hands. The most popular are wood, iron, plastics. When choosing a material rely on their financial capabilities.
Plastic is the cheapest, but not too durable.
Iron structures are quite reliable and durable, of which it is better to make racks that will always be in the same place.
Naturally, the product will cost more and will be difficult to manufacture, because you need the skills of working with metal.
The best option is wooden shelving.
They have high strength, do not require special skills, affordable.
If you prefer a tree - choose varieties that absorb poorly moisture. If it is metal - it is desirable that it be stainless steel, it prevents the formation of corrosion. For shelves, you can take plastic or plexiglass - they will retain their appearance for a long time.
You can also use plywood, but it must be covered with oilcloth to avoid damage.
The designs are divided into the following types.
- Stationary shelving for plants is ideal for owners of a large, free area. Since the design is not disassembled, but fixed in several directions.
Such designs provide reliability and durability.
It is more difficult to make such a rack, but it is ideal if there is limited space available.
If desired, for greater stability, the structure can be additionally fixed to a slope or frame.
Manufacturing of a metal folding rack
To create such a design, calculate the required amount of material based on the required height of the product and the length of the shelves. The metal corner will be used as racks, transverse planks and flanges.
Calculate the amount of material based on what height the racks will be and how long the shelf will be.
For work you will need the following materials and tools:
- Metal corner size 3 * 3 or 4 * 4 centimeters,
- Thick glass or plywood for shelves,
- Metal drill bit
- Welding machine,
- Electric drill,
- Saw, if the shelves are made of plywood or glass cutter, if the shelves are glass.
The height of the uprights depends on what the vertical distance between the crossbars will be.
Cut the metal corner into 4 equal racks, then cut the required number of transverse slats (usually 6 and more).
We make racks for the rack.
Then you need to cut the horizontal bearing sides for the shelves, their number is multiplied by 2, that is, if you want to make a structure on 4 shelves, then the number of supporting sides equals. Drill holes for the bolts in the joints.
Collecting construction with bolts.
Connect the racks and cross bars with bolts, weld the cross joints to the side bars for future shelves.
The frame is ready metal rack ready.
Frame construction is ready. Now cut the shelves suitable size, put them on the base of the rack.
We lay the glass cloth on the base of the metal rack.
Note! The rack can be made without shelves, only it will be necessary to make such a width of the transverse slats that the boxes with the seedlings firmly held between them. You can use lighting as a decoration for a metal rack, it will also have a positive effect on plants. And if the design will be in a poorly lit place, the presence of lighting is mandatory. In order not to harm the plants, it is recommended to use LED, fluorescent or phytolamps.
Do not use incandescent bulbs - they heat too much and may damage the plants.
Any lighting component must be fixed to the bottom of the top shelf so that it illuminates the bottom. For fastening use of various fastening methods convenient to you is allowed - a metal wire, cutting of a tin tape and others.
Elementary option - shelving on the windowsill
Side supports can be attached to the slopes of the window, and on top of them put shelves.
Despite the chosen type of lighting, try to place the seedlings on the southern window.
If you do not want to spoil the window, make a rack that matches the parameters of your window opening, you will need ready-made furniture panels corresponding to the size of the window sill. Secure side racks and shelves between each other with screws or nails.
The intensity of illumination is chosen individually for each plant.
This design will be easy on the window, because the plants need free space, usually there are not more than four shelves on it.
To increase the service life and make the product aesthetic appearance, you can use paint.
This article provides the most simple options for the manufacture of structures.
If you have a rich imagination and design abilities, you can easily create various forms of shelving designs.
What do we need shelving for?
If you have been fond of a garden and a garden for a long time, then you probably have grown seedlings more than once. Traditionally, it was placed on window sills and tables, butt against windows, in order to provide the plants with as much sunlight as possible. Agree that the surfaces filled with pots and cups do not look aesthetically pleasing. But in the end it often turns out that there is still not enough space. And that's not all the problems. By placing the seedlings on the windowsills, you get the following trouble:
- the light falls on the plants unevenly
- due to sudden changes in temperature, the seedlings can freeze or wilt,
- seedlings can burn out
- window sills will be dirty.
But having installed a rack, you receive the mass of conveniences.
The rack will provide your seedlings the most convenient and comfortable conditions.
This design fits easily into the interior, especially if you did it yourself, taking into account the characteristics of the room. You can make the most of free space, provide favorable conditions for seedlings, their growth and development. It is possible to attach wheels to a rack and move it if necessary. In addition, modern models of shelving can be equipped with a backlight that provides long-lasting and intense illumination.
When choosing a rack for seedlings in the store, or making it yourself, you should consider the following requirements for this design:
- durability and reliability
- moisture resistance,
- comfortable conditions for seedlings,
- convenience of access for survey, watering and loosening of the soil.
The rack is equipped with 3–6 shelves so that the distance between them is 40–50 cm. The optimum width of each shelf is up to 60 cm, and the length is corresponding to the size of a standard fluorescent lamp that will be installed for the backlight.
Of course, the easiest way to buy ready-made shelving in the store. But, as practice shows, factory-made products are not very reliable and often break down, as they usually save a lot on their production. In addition, standard shapes and sizes do not always fit well into a room. But the price of shelving is not encouraging. It turns out that the only plus of the finished design is that it does not need to waste time and effort on its production. Although in fact, to make a shelving yourself is quite easy, and it will cost you much cheaper than the store option.
First you need to decide what kind of rack you need.
- The stationary design is simply necessary for those who want to deal with seedlings regularly. This option is relevant in the case when the living space allows you to install a folding rack. It is fastened "tightly" in several directions, which ensures durability and reliability. It is very important to correctly calculate the dimensions and take into account all the nuances of the product before making it, otherwise in case of an error, you will have to redo the whole structure.
Stationary shelving needs attention when calculating dimensions
Example of a folding rack from a metal corner
Rack for seedlings mounted on the windowsill is limited in size
Why do we need a rack
All the happy owners of summer cottages long before spring begin to prepare for the summer season. On the street, snow and frost, and gardeners are already engaged in seedlings.
First, the boxes with the ground are on the windowsills. After picking plants, the number of jars with seedlings grows. And now all the window sills, tables, shelves are occupied. And the place is still not enough. In the depths of the room, small, weak seedlings are also affected by the lack of light.
The use of shelving will help solve the problem of lack of light and space for seedlings.
Plant shelves can be installed on window sills and in the room. Racking should be durable, safe for people. A prerequisite - the installation of the backlight. In winter, a lot of cloudy days will have to illuminate the seedlings, even if it is standing at the window. The shelves should be roomy to accommodate all the plants, but the width of the surfaces should allow reaching the farthest corner. The design should fit into the environment and not cause inconvenience to the owners of the apartment.
Shelves are divided into stationary, mobile, collapsible.
Stationary racks are attached to the wall or ceiling. This adds strength and durability to the entire structure. Suitable for large apartments, where a bulky shelving does not prevent residents. After the "move" of plants in the garden is used to accommodate household utensils, flowers, toys.
Reliable construction of a stationary rack will sustain a large number of seedlings and will last several seasons.
Mobile racks are equipped with wheels, racks can be moved around the room, rotated. You do not need to unload the contents of the shelves if you need to arrange seedlings in another part of the room.
Using the wheels allows access to seedlings from all sides due to the rotation of the structure
Folding racks are convenient in operation. They can be disassembled and removed for storage until the new season.
The design of the perforated corners allows you to change the height of the shelves and completely disassemble the rack
The size of the rack is selected depending on the area of the room, which is allocated to seedlings. Often at the disposal of the gardener there is only window sills. The height and width of the rack in this case is limited by the size of the window opening. If it is possible to allocate a part of the room to prepare for the gardening season, then it is possible to equip a rack with a large useful area.
The framework of the rack is made of metal or wood. The original version is a frame made of plumbing pipes. For the manufacture of shelves take wood, plastic, glass or metal. If the purchase rack is not equipped with lighting, then purchase lamps and mount the lighting.
How to make a rack for seedlings with their own hands
Purchased designs have several drawbacks. The high price and standard sizes, because of which the rack can not fit into the volume of the allotted area in the apartment. The process of making shelves does not take much time and will eliminate these drawbacks of store designs.
The manufacture of the rack can be divided into three stages:
- drawing design
- making a structure from selected materials,
- lighting installation.
To determine the dimensions of the rack, use the following recommendations:
- measure the width of the space where you plan to install a rack, subtract 5–10 cm from the resulting figure,
- the depth of the shelves should not exceed 0.7 m,
- to determine the height of the shelves, add the height of the planting cups, the height of the lamp, the maximum height of the seedlings and add 10 cm.
The drawing must be applied to the width of the rack, the depth and height of the shelves
Stand on the windowsill
One of the options for the shelves for the windowsill is a design of glass shelves attached to the slopes of the window opening on wooden bars.
- rectangular glass
- wooden bars of 25 * 25,
- self-tapping screws
- adhesive pads.
Build a rack according to the recommendations.
- Cut the wooden blocks into sections equal to the width of the slope of the window.
- Attach them in pairs at opposite ends of the window at the height of the proposed shelves.
- Place glass shelves on top, for reliability, secure them with adhesive pads.
Making a wooden structure
Make a rack of wood under the force even a novice master. The tree is easy to process, no complicated tools are required to work with it. All operations can be performed with a screwdriver, hacksaw, sandpaper.
- wooden bars of 45 * 60 mm,
- metal corners,
- soil antiseptic,
- self-tapping screws.
- sanding machine,
In the manufacture of the rack follow the instructions.
- File the bars of the right size, polish them and cover with an antiseptic. The ends of the blanks should be trimmed so that there is no gap between the stand and the floor.
Softwood bars require additional treatment with protective compounds
Metal corner provides reliable fastening of wooden structures
Properly selected form of wooden shelving will allow you to successfully fit into the surrounding interior
The design of the metal corners using welding
- corner number 25,
- plywood, chipboard or OSB-plate not less than 1 cm thick,
- Anchor bolts for fastening to the wall.
- Bulgarian or hacksaw,
- welding machine,
Perform operations in order.
- Cut the corner to the size in the drawing.
Observe safety precautions when cutting a metal corner with a grinder.
To reinforce the construction of the rack, additional stiffeners are installed from the corners.
From polypropylene pipes
- polypropylene pipe with a diameter of 32,
- fittings (crosses and tees),
- wooden slats size 40 * 20,
- self-tapping screws 32 mm.
To work you need tools:
- soldering iron for pipes
- scissors for cutting polypropylene,
Sequence of operations.
- Cut the pipe to the dimensions indicated in the drawing.
For cutting polypropylene pipes special scissors are used.
The rack of plastic pipes has sufficient strength, despite the "airiness" of the structure
Plastic or wooden shelves can be installed for a rack of polypropylene pipes
Support from metal corners with perforation
Components for the assembly of such a rack are always available in hardware stores.
- perforated corners,
- wall brackets,
- dowels, bolts M5-M6 with nuts,
- plywood for shelves 10–15 mm,
- 8–13 mm self-tapping screws for fastening the shelves to the frame.
- screwdriver or screwdriver
- scissors for metal.
The corner is easily cut with scissors for metal. The frame is assembled with the help of bolts and nuts with an ordinary screwdriver.
- Cut the corner with scissors to metal in size in the drawing.
Corrosion-resistant coating of the corners will increase the life of the rack
Horizontal planes can be strengthened with stiffening ribs.
The assembly of the rack on the bolts allows you to change the height of the shelves
High pressure sodium lamps
Emit light, which contributes to the growth of seedlings. The orange-yellow luminescence that they emit does not irritate the human eye, and therefore can be used in residential areas. The downside to using them is the high cost. For the installation of luminaires require power control.
High pressure sodium
Their range is most suitable for plants, but it is not safe for humans. When installing the phyto lamp, adjust it so that the light on the seedlings falls from above and from the side. The minimum distance to the tops of plants is 10 cm.
Phytolamp - modern lamp with radiation suitable for plants
They give cold light, which lacks the red component of the spectrum. Placed at a height of 30–60 cm from seedlings. Fluorescent lamps should protrude beyond the edges of the shelves by 5 cm for uniform heating of the seedlings.
On the area of 1 square. m required to place the lamp power of 80 W
Combine the most necessary part of the spectrum for plants. Consume little power, easy to operate. To install the LED backlight will require:
- blue and red LEDs
- hot melt glue
- power supply, plug and wire,
- base for mounting LEDs.
In the manufacture of LED backlight alternate red and blue LEDs in this order: two red, one blue.
The procedure for installing the lamp.
- Glue the LEDs together and output to the driver.
- Connect the driver to the switch.
- Chains of LED screw to the base.
- When installing the backlight, use a timer that controls the lighting time of the plants.
- Attach mirrors or sheets of foil to the side of the rack to reflect light.
- The height of the lamp should be adjusted to the height of the seedlings.
Plants that are illuminated by LED lights produce greater yield.
To grow healthy and strong seedlings, be sure to provide the plants with sufficient light and heat. Favorable microclimate can be created with the help of racks for seedlings. Additional areas that can be made by yourself will solve the problem of lack of space and sunlight for seedlings.