Modern Internet market offers a lot of thermostats for incubators. Buy a digital thermostat for an incubator, now is not difficult. Peering at them carefully, we see mostly not very high-quality analog devices made not known by whom or where. But almost all of these antediluvian analog thermostats, sellers set the same fascinating accuracy values: +/- 0.1 gr. At the same time, do not forget to write: “The installation is set by the User thermostat potentiometer knob. "Well, is not it funny ... But people are underway, well, how do they know the common man, who was first confronted with the manufacture of a homemade incubator, that he was clearly bred. Indeed, in the advertising brochure (if there is one), it’s not a word to say that this same potentiometer knob will need to be turned constantly, with any change in air temperature in the room, with an overnight voltage increase in the electrical network, especially in rural areas. And people buy, not knowing that they are buying a cat in a bag. So how do you choose and do not make a mistake "Right" thermostat, notice not the thermostat!
The "correct" thermostat for an incubator or a controller for an incubator, which is more correct, is the basis of a modern incubator. It is the right one, that is, specially made and ground for the incubation of any bird. Indeed, in addition to its main function, temperature control, the thermostat should be able to quite a lot. For example, a modern PID thermostat for an incubator (it will be lower) can maintain a given temperature, humidity, turn trays with eggs, purge and ventilate the incubator, give audible signals at some kind of failure (for example, the water in the tank is over) and much more. Actually, this device is not even a thermostat for an incubator, it is already a lot of a functional controller for controlling all the necessary functions of an incubator. And the most important thing to the modern digital thermostat is by no means terrible that the temperature does not change, nor the voltage surges in the electrical network. Unfortunately, these controllers - thermostats in Russia are not officially released at the state level. Although, to be completely honest, the thermostats are still being released. But according to reviews, this is only a constructor for savvy radio amateurs, because it takes a long time to tune, and often redo ...
That is, it does not suit us. So what kind of thermostat to buy for an incubator?
1. The thermostat must maintain the set temperature with high accuracy. Usually an error - +/- 0,1gr.
2. The thermostat must, within specified limits, provide the necessary level of humidity in the incubator or in the hatcher. Usually the value of the error is +/- 5%
3. The thermostat should turn the trays with eggs at a set time. The usual value is 2 hours.
4. The thermostat must ventilate the incubator according to a predetermined schedule.
5. The thermostat should, in case of overheating (at the outlet), provide an incubator purge.
6. The thermostat should, in case of any malfunction, give a beep.
Unfortunately, such thermostats (controllers) for incubators are available only in one place in China. But they are mass-produced and at a state-owned enterprise with the appropriate quality control. This is a China State Enterprise: Incubation equipment factory. At this plant, most of the industrial Chinese incubators are produced (more than 20 species, from 6 to 5,000 eggs), and all of them are controlled by these devices. In Russia, this controller is known as: Incubator Controller XM-18
Despite the abundance of Chinese characters, the thermostat is very simple in setting the parameters and usually does not cause difficulties. Although you can turn on and do not customize anything in your own way, all settings have already been made at the factory. I have an incubator with such a thermostat working for the fourth season already, it just “silently” works and everything, in fact, it seems that it is necessary to behave like a cool technician. And I turn it off for only four months a year. Everything in it is very convenient, clear and practical. There is such a thermostat 4250 rubles (the price is conditional, because of $ growth, ask) with delivery to the post office nearest to you.
By the way, several types of controllers for XM-18 incubators are sold in China. We only sell controllers designed for the domestic market of China, which for obvious reasons is crucial when choosing such an important link in incubation. Read more here.
P.S. Sometimes it is possible to buy a similar device with the English scale (in the photo), which of course is more convenient. But unfortunately they are not always the case, as I understand it, thermostats with an English scale are available in the case of an export order.
By the way, taking this opportunity, I dare to say that you should not be afraid of writing in an unfamiliar language on the device. Believe me, this does not cause any inconvenience at all. Everything is intuitive and easy to understand with four buttons.
What is a thermostat?
Every experienced poultry farmer knows that a stable “right” temperature is one of the most important conditions for successful incubation. It is for its creation and maintenance that all existing incubators work today. Temperature stability, its uniform distribution over the entire area of the incubator just controls the thermostat.
This is a small device, whose task is to accurately measure the ambient air temperature, monitor the operation of heating devices, and in the event of a change in work or failure, give a signal. Also, the duties of all modern electronic thermal sensors include the function of measuring the level of humidity, which is also one of the key conditions for the "hatching" of eggs.
In order to understand in more detail what a thermostat is for an incubator, consider it on the example of “DREAM-1”. This is one of the most popular modern versions of this device, which is used for incubators with automatic egg flip. So, in one small case there are three devices: an electronic temperature sensor, a humidity sensor (“dry-wet thermometer”) and a tray flip timer control (built-in time relay).
A very important condition for the operation of all modern thermostats is resistance to voltage fluctuations and changes in ambient temperature. The device itself is located outside the incubator, and only the sensors are located near the trays. It is important to make sure that no air flows from the fan externally to the device or other heating devices are located. This can spoil the operation of the thermostat.
Main technical characteristics (on the example of "DREAM-1"):
- temperature measurement error - 0.1 degrees C,
- moisture measurement error - no more than 5%,
- idle time - from 0 to 999 minutes,
- temperature measurement - from 0.0 to +85 degrees,
- work voltage - 220 volts,
- power - no more than 3 watts.
What are they needed for?
As we already know, different temperature conditions are required at different incubation times. Of course, in self-made simple incubators it is necessary to monitor all this on your own with the help of an ordinary thermometer. But this is inconvenient - once and not always exactly - two. With all these tasks, the digital thermostat can easily cope.
In order to understand whether you need a thermostat, we suggest to consider the principle of its operation. The principle of operation of the device is as follows. TOAs soon as the temperature or humidity changes from the preset parameters (increases or decreases), the thermostat turns on or off, respectively, the heating system or the moisturizing mechanism. That is, in other words, this small device controls the operation of all major incubator systems.
Electronic or digital modern device for temperature control allows you to provide:
- automatically control the operation of heating devices
- full automation of egg incubation,
- exception of the permanent setting,
- energy savings (if necessary, turn off heating devices),
- visual monitoring of the temperature and general condition of the air inside the incubator using an electronic dial.
What types distinguish?
The main requirement for all thermostats is a stable temperature indication. Today there are two main types of devices: simple and digital. The difference of the latter is that it is more reliable and always displays the necessary indicators on a digital scoreboard. This allows you to further control the entire process without failures.
Today, on-off thermostats are very popular, that is, those that regulate both temperature and humidity. Most of them are designed for automatic incubators, so the program also has the function of monitoring the timely rotation of eggs.
Relays and PID controllers
If the classification is considered more professionally, then there are thermostats on the relay and PID controllers. Conventional relays simply turn on and off heaters when needed. For example, the temperature reached the desired value, using a relay controller turned off the heater. This is now considered a primitive way. They are fairly cheap and accessible to any interested poultry farmer.
The PID controller is already a more complex mechanism that provides precise and smooth power control. Such devices have more accurate temperature and longer life. But on the other hand, they are more expensive and their principle of operation is more complicated. If we consider the operation of such a thermostat in a simple homemade incubator, then in the first case (the operation of the relay), if necessary, the light bulb will go out and then glow again.
With the PID device, everything is much more accurate - when the desired temperature is reached, the light bulb will not go out completely, but only slightly die out. That is, instead of the required 60-watt current, the regulator will apply only 10 watts to it. This allows you to increase the service life and the lamp itself and minimize possible temperature fluctuations. The error is only 0.1 degrees.
If you are looking for domestic thermostats for an incubator with PID regulation, be prepared - there are very few of them and very expensive (about 3000-5000 rubles). Today, China offers a cheaper and not the worst option. As practice has shown, they produce reliable and high-quality devices in the price category of the region of 1,500 rubles. Regular relay-regulator is even cheaper - about 700 rubles. Such a device can also be used in brooders, in poultry houses and in terrariums.
When buying and choosing a thermostat, you may also encounter a device such as a thermostat. What is it? A thermostat is a device consisting of a thermostat and a heater (for example, a fan heater). It is more convenient to use it if you make a homemade incubator from the refrigerator. In this case, it is enough to buy only one thermostat to provide the entire heating system and temperature control. This is convenient and also economical if you “hatch” about 500-1000 eggs at a time. In more detail about temperature regulators also look at video.
The main blocks of the thermoregulation system
Any system of thermoregulation, regardless of the design, should contain the following blocks.
- The block of data collection and transmission. That is, a device for measuring the temperature and the transmission channel of the received information to the main unit. This may be a separate thermometer or a device built into the main unit.
- The main unit. Here, the received readings are compared with the reference values and the control signals are transmitted to the heating elements. The generation of commands takes place in accordance with the results of data analysis obtained from the previous block.
- Executive block. In this case - the heating elements. It can be a different type of lamp or tena.
Connection diagram of the thermostat
In accordance with the block diagram of the device is connected. That is, he has three conclusions.
- One by one - power is supplied.
- The temperature sensor attached to the level of egg placement joins the other.
- On the third - the control signals arrive at the load. Load in this case - lamps or tena.
Principle of operation
When the incubator is connected to the network, the heating elements start to work, gradually raising the temperature in it. From the thermal sensor located inside, information on its size is read.
Depending on the design of the thermostat, it provides for the possibility of setting a threshold temperature value. Upon reaching this limit, there is a temporary shutdown or a gradual decrease in the heating effect.
When the temperature drops to its lower limit, the heating intensity increases automatically. Thus, the person’s task is only to set temperature limits. As a result, the set temperature is maintained inside the incubator.
In incubators, infrared lamps are often used as heating elements.
This is the best option, but at the same time it is difficult to measure the temperature inside the incubator. Since the lamps do not heat the air, but directly the eggs themselves. Therefore, the sensor must be located at the location of the eggs.
Basic requirements when choosing a device
When choosing a thermoregulation device for an incubator, one should be guided by the following criteria.
- Reliability. It is characterized by stable operation of the device with sudden drops in voltage or temperature.
- Autonomy. That is, the device should work without human intervention. It is necessary to raise and lower the temperature, to signal its critical state. It is good if it includes an egg turning mechanism and a humidity sensor.
- By the visual. This refers to the opportunity at any time to visually see the state of the climate inside the incubator.
If you purchase a device that meets these requirements, egg incubation will be much easier. You do not have to constantly monitor the process. Your trusted assistant will do it for you. But that he did not let you down you need to choose the correct copy.
An example of an incubator with an electromechanical thermostat is the “Kvochka MI-30”.
In such regulators, the break or turn-on of an electric circuit occurs mechanically, by closing or opening the contacts. Moreover, the control process of switching contacts is based on the physical properties of materials. For example, gases. They are placed in a capsule, under the influence of temperature expanding or tapering, thereby switching contacts. Instead of gases you can use bimetals, junctions of dissimilar metals.
An example of such a device is shown in the photo below.
Electronic controls provide high accuracy. They can pick up one tenth of a change in temperature, which is what is required in incubators. Structurally, they include a thermal sensor and a control electronic circuit. Temperature fluctuations are recorded by a thermistor or thermistor.
In temperature sensors on thermistors, the temperature value is converted into resistance.
They are built on a more modern element base, which allows for a more accurate and smooth adjustment of the required temperature. For example, such as the TPM201 meter shown in the photo below. He is able to accurately maintain the specified technological parameters. These are already programmable devices.
The most popular thermostats
The domestic market offers a wide range of incubators, equipped with all necessary equipment and accessories. But for solving particular problems and creating special climatic conditions, as well as in the absence of built-in automatic regulators, they can be purchased separately.
Very popular model with poultry farmers. It attracts with its functionality and reliability. In addition to temperature, this device is able to determine the humidity in the incubator (a psychrometer is used for this) and to control the mechanism for turning the trays.
This functionality greatly expands the range of use of the device. It is applicable in various utility rooms, dryers, as a home weather station.
The regulator is powered by 220 V (if an individual order, power supply from 12 volts is possible). The maximum switching current is 16 Amps. Power consumption does not exceed 3 watts.
TsTR-1S digital simistor thermostat.
It attracts with low price and “ascetic” functionality, since it offers nothing but control of temperature.
The main switching element in this device is not an electromechanical relay, but a triac. It allows you to smoothly turn on the load, which increases the reliability of the thermostat.
TCN4S-24R with PID controller
The device is developed by the South Korean company Autonics. It is offered at a price of 1785 rubles. Питание осуществляется от сети переменного тока 220 В, а также 24 В переменного тока, 48 В постоянного тока. Максимальная потребляемая мощность:
- 5 W at AC 220 V and 24 V,
- 3 W at DC 48 V.
High speed and, consequently, accuracy is achieved through the use of new data processing algorithms through the PID controller. The device is compact, has a large display with high brightness LEDs.
Digital temperature control "Climate-6"
This is a powerful device. It can be used on large poultry farms, in large incubators designed for a capacity of from five to twenty thousand eggs. With it you can
- regulate the temperature within the specified limits
- measure humidity
- manage ventilation (fresh air flaps),
- include, in accordance with the indications of the built-in timer, the mechanism for turning the trays
The device is able to automatically change its settings in accordance with the sensors connected to it. It provides for the possibility of setting a program for incubating a particular bird, as well as remote monitoring of all the operating parameters of the incubator.
Do I need a homemade thermostat?
At the turn of the eighties, when finished products were in short supply, homemade products, especially amateur radio, were popular. Here is one of the simplest thermostat schemes of that time.
A more reliable, more robust, noise-free circuit on the op amp KU KR140UD6. The price of semiconductor devices used is low, which makes these circuits attractive to radio amateurs.
Now the Internet is advertised and offered designers with ready-made sets of spare parts for the collection of the thermostat, as they say, simple and reliable. Many in the hope of saving acquire them. But if you are far from radio engineering, then it is hardly worth doing. It will turn out much more expensive, since you will spend irreplaceable nerve cells and no less valuable time. They say, “time is money”.
Since simply the ability to solder to work with printed circuit boards and semiconductor devices is not enough. The latter are very sensitive to high temperatures. Overheat and can be thrown away. But even if you do it right, you need to configure the scheme. And this is rarely possible the first time (even because of the banal variation of the parameters of the elements). Of course, if you are lucky in life and often win the lottery, you can try.
Modern circuits of thermostats are compiled already on programmable chips. Their functions can be changed by flashing. But for this you need to have a programmer and firmware code. An example of a thermostat with a PIC controller is shown below.
As a result, it can be said that the thermostat in the incubator is irreplaceable. Of course, every poultry farmer knows about this. But which one is better to choose? Partially get the answer to this question will help this article. But the main prompter is the tasks that you need to solve and your financial capabilities.
How to choose a thermostat for an incubator, the main types and popular models of devices
One of the most popular farming methods today is poultry farming. This is due to the presence of minimal free space and insignificant monetary expenditure. Particularly relevant is the removal of chicks and their further implementation. This can be done even in the apartment using a conventional incubator with a thermostat.
The components of the thermostat for the incubator
Any thermostat consists of the following main parts:
- Thermometer (hydrometer) - shows the level of the ambient temperature and transmits it to the main control unit. Sometimes it is embedded in the main unit.
Did you know?For each species of bird, namely for the development of their embryos, a certain temperature is required. For example, for chickens - 37.7 degrees.
- The main unit depends on the type of device. The required parameters are set on it, and voltage is also applied, which is then output to the heating elements.
- The heating device is a device for the conversion of electrical energy. Most often in economical options for heating use of the lamp, which is easy to adjust, besides, they are quite durable. In more expensive models heating heating elements are used.
Important!Hatching eggs with an incubator is a rather laborious and time-consuming process. Sometimes, even with a small error, nothing happens and all the embryos die before hatching.
Main types of devices
Despite the fact that all thermostats provided for sale, work stably, there are certain features, given that you need to choose the right model. Important!When making a choice between digital and analogue, one should take into account the quality of electricity in the area where it will be used, frequent electricity surges that occur in rural areas can quickly damage the device.All devices are divided into the following types:
- Digital thermostat for incubator. It is more reliable, less likely to break and has accurate measurement readings. Its cost is higher, but more functions than in another form.
- Mechanical. It can maintain only one temperature regime, and for control, additional placement of a thermometer is required.
- Analog (electronic). Conventional thermostats that have a standard set of functions.
Criterias of choice
In order to get the maximum result in the process of artificial incubation of eggs, you need to know what to look for when choosing a thermostat:
- Resistant to sudden voltage changes as well as changes in ambient temperature.
- Minimal human involvement in breeding chicks.
- The ability to visually control the overall climate in the incubator for the entire time.
- Automatic shutdown and inclusion of heating elements.
- Lack of constant monitoring and adjustment.
Browse popular models
Despite the huge choice offered in the market, consumers often stop their attention on the following models:
- Dream-1. The most popular model, whose function is to support the desired temperature, humidity control, as well as automatic turning of eggs. Due to its small size it is used even in small farms. An additional advantage is unpretentiousness to environmental conditions and voltage fluctuations in the electrical network.
- TCN4S-24R. The device is manufactured in South Korea and is equipped with a PID controller. On the case there is a sensor for the incubator thermostat, which displays all the specified norms and the actual state of the instrument. Due to the fact that the indicators are recorded every minute, absolute accuracy is guaranteed.
- Aries. This thermostat is used in different devices, it always copes with a given task. The device is equipped with an integrated timer and differs from the rest with high-precision readings, moreover, it can operate at temperatures from -20 to +50 degrees. Due to its characteristics, Aries is widely used in various industries.
- Climate-6. The device has insignificant errors in indications. Able to measure temperatures in the range from 0 to 85 degrees with a plus sign. It is connected to a normal network, the power of the device is about 3 watts.
You will be interested to know how to make an incubator from an old refrigerator. As you can see, if you approach the issue of breeding chicks with full responsibility and don’t spare money to buy a good incubator with a thermostat, then there will be a positive result.
1 Types of thermostats
Devices for automatic temperature control in closed spaces (incubators) differ as follows:
- electronic (analog),
All three species are successfully used at the present time, with the only difference being that the former are used in small home appliances, and the rest are more widely used.
1.1 Mechanical thermostat
Its principle of operation is based on the physical properties of materials. When heated, the expansion (increase) occurs, and when cooled, the reduction of the overall parameters of the special part, which allows you to close the desired contact in automatic mode. Special bimetallic relays are simple and reliable in operation.
But in such devices there are some drawbacks:
- low resolution
- maintaining only one temperature regime,
- the difficulty of fine tuning (adjustment) to switch to other modes,
- the set temperature is maintained with fluctuations of 1-2 degrees in one direction or another,
- For control, a separate thermometer is required. It is located directly in the incubator.
1.2 Electronic thermostat
This is the next level of devices that provide the right temperature during the incubation of eggs. Such a regulator has a principle of operation, built on response to the difference in voltage between the level of the sensor and the reference level. Heating is activated or deactivated by pulses. according to the difference in voltage levels. Achieving the desired temperature is 0.3-0.5 ° C in a simple version, and with additional amplifiers it rises to 0.05-0.1 ° C.
Setting the desired temperature mode is made on a scale set on the instrument. It should be noted that the stability of the device does not affect the voltage drops in the network and the overall temperature in the room where the incubator is located.
Electronic thermostat for incubator
Some models have analog load control. Heating elements in such devices are turned on all the time, and the adjustment of their heating occurs due to an increase or decrease in power due to a voltage change. As an example, according to the specifications, you can take an analog thermostat for incubator TRI-02:
- Adjustable power for the load from 5 to 500 W, when powered from a standard electrical network.
- Supported temperature range from 36 to 41˚С, with an accuracy of ± 0.1˚С.
- Permissible ambient temperature in the room is from 15 to 35˚С.
- Overall dimensions of the device - 120 × 80x50 mm.
1.3 Digital thermostat
The most accurate device that allows you to fully rely on its automatic operation. Electronic thermometer and temperature sensor work in conjunction through an analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The set temperature is maintained by comparing indicators on the real scale and on the basis of these data, a command is issued to the executing device to raise or lower it.
A digital controller with this principle of operation has a high measurement accuracy, and its functionality does not depend on external factors. The stability of the instrument and the sensitivity of the equipment depend only on the capacity of the system and the capabilities of the sensor installed in it. For digital devices, a separate incubator thermometer is not needed, as it is already in the instrument itself.
Household thermostat Ringder THC-220, which is suitable for both a homemade incubator, and for a small room during the off-season, has the following characteristics:
- temperature support in a confined space from 16 to 42˚С,
- stable operation at ambient temperature in the room from -40 to 100˚С,
- adjustment of the set temperature mode with a step of 0.1 ° C,
- the maximum load on one channel is 1200 W,
- temperature support in rooms with an accuracy of ± 1˚С.
More complex and expensive digital Chinese thermostat XM-18 has the following characteristics:
- supported temperature from 0 to 42˚С,
- the ability to change the humidity from 0 to 99%,
- load on one heating channel up to 1760 W,
- ambient temperature from -10 to 60˚С, with humidity up to 85%.
1.4 Homemade thermostat
Despite the fact that there is a fairly large number of such devices on sale, some amateurs prefer to make it with their own hands. The simplest option is a circuit on an operational amplifier, quite often in its characteristics superior to factory products.
Homemade thermostat in the incubator
The scheme collected at the OS KR140UD6 needs only calibration, and the main details for it can be found in household appliances, which were made at the end of the past, the beginning of this century.
Using modern technology, you can refer to the option of constructing a circuit on PIC-controllers, microcircuits, which can be programmed and their functionality can be changed using the firmware method. These thermostats have a simple circuit design, and in their capabilities are in no way inferior to industrial designs. Detailed schemes for homemade devices can be downloaded from the Internet along with programs for the firmware of the finished product.
2 Popular models of thermostats
Based on consumer feedback, you can determine the next row of devices that are in high demand.
to menu ↑
The most common model, the working functions of which include not only maintaining a stable temperature in the incubator, but also controlling humidity, as well as turning eggs. It has small overall dimensions, therefore it can be used in small personal farms without specially designated areas. The device tolerates voltage fluctuations in a fixed electrical network and unpretentious to environmental conditions. Equipped with a digital display that displays all the necessary information during the incubation period.
to menu ↑
The device from the South Korean manufacturer, which has a PID controller. On the case there are two displays displaying the set parameters and the actual state. The indicators are taken every 100 milliseconds, which guarantees their absolute accuracy.
This PID controller is not intended for exclusive use only in incubators, but does an excellent job with maintaining the desired temperature in such devices. The device has a timer integrated into it and differs from each other in high-precision readings.
to menu ↑
A detailed examination of the devices with which the temperature in the incubator is controlled, will definitely have to get acquainted with the thermostat for the incubator. The incubator thermostat is a device in which the heating device and a temperature regulator are combined.
Often they are used by skilled craftsmen when re-equipping an old refrigerator into a home incubator. That is quite voluminous devices, since they are not suitable for small “hens” because of the high power consumption.
The main purpose of this device
“Hatching out” eggs through a quota incubator is quite a laborious and lengthy process. It happens that nothing happens at all and all the embryos just die before they hatch.
Therefore, the temperature sensor for the incubator was invented, which made it possible to reduce the risk and increase the efficiency of breeding individuals.
All this allows us to adhere to the norms of temperature regimes, because any, even at first glance, a slight deviation from the normal temperature can lead to a significant decrease in future livestock.
The device and the principle of its operation
How does the thermostat for an incubator work? The temperature is controlled by a thermal sensor in real time and the temperature change inside the incubator also occurs instantly. As soon as the temperature begins to change, that is, in this case it decreases, the voltage is applied to the heating elements until the temperature reaches the required one.
In case of any failure, failure of heating devices, such a device gives a special signal, attracts the attention of a person, reports that there is a risk of losing all individuals.
It turns out that in this device some indicators directly affect others. The principle of feedback is laid down; if the temperature and humidity are within the normal range, then nothing will change. If the ambient temperature falls below the permissible, the device will apply a certain voltage to the heating elements to raise the temperature inside the incubator, as mentioned above.
How to connect? It's very simple, if in this incubator a heating heating element or ordinary incandescent lamps are used for heating, then they are connected to the device, and the device is connected to the network.
Manage them is not difficult. All this is done very simply, to change the intensity of heating, you only need to change the voltage applied to these very heating elements.
When the control is performed manually, it is also possible to change the heating intensity, but it turns out that these values need to be monitored constantly, but in the case when the thermostat is installed, this is not necessary. How to connect a regulator for an incubator? As already described, it connects to the network and to the heating email. elements.
Any thermostat consists of several main parts:
- Thermometer (hygrometer for an incubator) - allows you to receive air temperature values and transfer them to the main control unit. Can be embedded in the main unit itself
- The main control unit depends on what type of device. The main voltage is applied to it, it is output to the heating devices. On the main block, the main parameters are configured,
- Устройство нагрева – то, что будет преобразовывать электрическую энергию, тем самым нагревая воздух в инкубаторе. Incandescent lamps are well suited for this, since they can be precisely adjusted, they are heated and they are quite durable. Heating heaters are also used, they perform the same function, heat the air, only in this case due to the fact that some conductor has resistance. There is a heating of this conductor, respectively, and air.
The main advantage is that on the main control unit you can set the upper and lower limits of permissible temperatures. That is, the whole process is completely controlled by man. With the help of the same hygrometer for an incubator, the thermostat understands when it is necessary to increase the intensity of heating, and when to turn it off altogether. As soon as the temperature starts to decrease again, the heating resumes.
Automatics does absolutely everything for a person. The last question remains, just how to connect correctly? Previously, it was already agreed that you need to connect the thermostat to the network and heaters, but this must be done in accordance with the instructions attached to the device! You also need to set the upper and lower limits and the device will start its work.
It turns out that the lamps or other heating elements will turn on and off in accordance with the indications of the sensor for the incubator and will maintain the set, comfortable temperature that is necessary for breeding poultry.