It has long been known that the action of many plants is associated with a healing effect. This allows them to be classified as medicinal herbs and used for the correction of various diseases. If there are troubles associated with the system of urination, then come to the aid of such a plant as bearberry. The presence of healing properties of this herb has been known for a long time and has been successfully used by representatives of alternative medicine. It is a good addition to the main treatment and helps patients to eliminate many undesirable symptoms of various diseases.
Another popular name of the plant is the ear of a bear. The grass is a member of the Heather family. By the nature of growth, bearberry refers to perennial plants that have a thin, short stem. The flowers have a white and pink color. The plant begins to bloom in April, and ends flowering in June. Outwardly, it is very similar to lingonberries. They are often confused because of the similarity of the leaves. However, there are some differences. The lingonberry leaf below has characteristic spots. Bearberry with a dark red tint has a tart taste.
For its growth, the plant chooses the cold regions. You can meet her in the Far East, Siberia and other regions. All parts of the plant, without exception, have healing properties. Can be used fresh or dried. When a plant is being harvested, it is recommended that the leaves not be torn off, but cut. For this use scissors.
Nature clearly did not stint, introducing various chemicals into the plant. Its composition includes the following components:
- There is a high content of flavonoids and gallon acid. They have the role of destroying microflora. In addition, they have a pronounced antioxidant effect. This action is manifested by the inhibition of the formation of free radicals, which are responsible for the aging of the whole organism at the level of cellular structures.
- Characterized by the presence of a special substance - arbutin. Under its influence, urine flow increases and prevents the kidneys from reabsorbing the fluid.
- The presence of tannins determine the manifestation of the bonding effect. It helps to stop diarrhea and strengthen the intestinal wall.
- Contains a sufficient amount of ursolic acid. It has a pronounced effect on inflammation and microbial flora.
- Hydroquinone has a whitening effect on the skin. Also, when this plant is consumed, a more complete saturation of the body with oxygen occurs, which to a certain extent helps individuals with a history of bronchial asthma.
The effect of bearberry on the body is manifested in the following actions:
- In relation to the kidneys, the herb has a disinfecting effect. Under its influence bacterial microflora is suppressed. Thanks to it inflammatory signs disappear.
- Useful plant with problems of the digestive tract. The astringent will provide relief from inflammatory bowel disorders. In addition, the use of bearberry can get rid of stomach problems.
- The plant is useful for diabetics, people suffering from tuberculosis, having heart problems.
- Helps plants when problems with the organ of vision. It is able to eliminate the symptoms caused by conjunctivitis, blepharitis.
- Persons with malignant neoplasms can use bearberry as a painkiller. It will help people with joint rheumatism, suffering from the manifestation of gout.
- The plant helps to eliminate toxins from the body. It is introduced into the composition of the charges with a diuretic effect. Cystitis, urethritis do not like the presence in the body of bearberry infusions.
- It is useful to apply plants to persons with sexually transmitted diseases, uterine and renal bleeding.
- The plant has a positive effect in conditions associated with neurosis and metabolic disorders.
- Due to the antiseptic effect of external use, bearberry treats conditions associated with purulent wounds and diathesis.
For the purpose of medical use, it is not necessary to harvest bearberry for future use. It can be purchased at the pharmacy. It is part of Uriflorin, which is the ear of a bear.
Use of plants by women
The specific ingredients that make up the herb help fight many female diseases. Gynecological practice uses bearberry in the fight against Beli, cystitis, conditions associated with excessive contraction of the myometrium. It will help with individual sexually transmitted diseases.
We treat cystitis infusion
You will need dried leaves in the amount of two tablespoons. This amount is required to pour half a liter of boiled water. For two days the composition is infused in the dark. Before taking it must be filtered. After a woman has taken food, she consumes it at 60 g. With three meals a day, consumption should be 180 g per day. It is almost a whole glass. Accepted composition for 10 days in the form of heat.
Collection against cystitis
It consists of four components:
- ear of a bear - 25 g,
- chopped parsley leaves - 7 g,
- Gryzhnik - 25 g,
- celandine - 5 g.
All components must be thoroughly mixed. The composition is filled with boiling water in a volume of 350 ml. The mixture is infused for approximately 60 minutes. Course admission is carried out within 10 days. One dose is 50 g, and this should be done three times a day. The action is manifested in the cleansing of the kidneys and the removal of inflammatory processes in the bladder.
Leucorrhea and douching
The action is associated with an antibacterial effect. The syringe will help in the presence of infectious conditions associated with the genitals (gonorrhea whites). A teaspoon of herbs is poured boiling water in a volume of 125 ml. Insist 1 hour. Douching is carried out twice a day, in the morning and before bedtime.
Important! It is impossible to uncontrolledly apply bearberry infusions and decoctions, since undesirable manifestations from the digestive tract may appear.
Use of trays
They will help if there are uterine bleeding. To prepare the composition will require:
- crushed leaves of bearberry - 70 g,
- water - 1.5 cups.
The composition is boiled for a quarter of an hour. At the same time it is necessary to constantly stir. Then it is cooled and filtered. The sit-bath is filled with water and the ready-made composition is poured into it in full. Bathing is shown at night. Exposure should not be more than a third of an hour. The positive effect is associated with antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effect. There is a neutralization of the source of inflammation and removal of swelling.
Pregnancy and GW Period
During this period, it is better to refrain from using formulations containing this herb. The action of the plant affects the state of the uterus tone. It causes an increase in contractile movements of the uterus, which can cause premature labor.
If, nevertheless, someone decided to dare to use bearberry during pregnancy, then consultation of a qualified specialist is required. They will be adjusted dosage for a specific woman, depending on how the pregnancy proceeds and taking into account the individual characteristics of the organism. In any case, it is impossible to abuse the plant, since this may adversely affect the condition of the fetus.
Important! Bearberry can be replaced by lingonberries. It has the same benefits, but does not cause an increase in uterine contractions.
The use of bearberry is not shown when breastfeeding. If it has a positive effect on adults, this does not mean that it will be useful for the child. Getting into the body of the baby along with the mother's milk, the plant can negatively affect the state of the baby, still fragile organism.
Bearberry is useful not only to women, but also to representatives of the strong half of humanity. It helps to deal with such an unpleasant disease that occurs in men, like prostatitis.
Preparing tincture from prostatitis. A bear's ear is taken in the amount of two tablespoons. Alcohol should be diluted with water to a strength of 40 degrees and pour medicinal raw materials to them. It is enough to take 100 ml. Infusion time is 14 days. It must be carried out in the dark. Take 20 drops after a meal. You can not take more than three times a day. The composition maintains its properties within two days.
In the treatment of prostatitis, this medicinal plant in the form of tincture has proven its effectiveness. It eliminates inflammation, destroying pathogens. You can use it as a means of prevention.
A unique medicinal plant has been successfully used for a long time for the therapeutic correction of many diseases:
The use of plants to achieve an increase in the amount of excreted urine from the body. Signs of inflammation are stopped, pathogenic microflora is destroyed. A glass of boiling water is poured into a small kettle and a teaspoon of dry bearberry is added. Used instead of tea during daylight hours. This safety tool surpasses all other well-known plant representatives to combat this pathology. This tea can not damage the gastric mucosa.
The use of water infusion will be effective. Preparation of infusion has the following algorithm of actions:
- A tablespoon of crushed leaves is filled with water in the amount of one cup.
- Infusion should be carried out within 12 hours. Reception is shown one tablespoon three times a day. The duration of the normal course is 10 days. Reception is carried out under the supervision and correction of the dosage of the doctor.
Stones in the kidneys
For the preparation of fees for the correction of such states uses many components:
- bearberry and plantain in the form of leaves, wild rose in the form of fruits. Each component is taken in two parts
- birch buds, hop leaves, currant leaf are measured by one part,
- nettle - 3 parts,
- grass horsetail - 6 parts.
All must be thoroughly mixed. The finished mixture is taken one tablespoon and filled with a liter of boiling water. Insist should be just 30 minutes. All volume of liquid is drunk for the whole day. The use of this composition contributes to the removal of stones from the kidneys. Alcohol tincture may also be used. At one time shows no more than 15 drops.
Important! Bearberry is not used during the acute process, as it can contribute to the aggravation of the condition.
In the presence of this state, it will be useful to carry out procedures in the form of bearberry trays. Dried leaves of the plant in the amount of 30 g are poured with boiling water in a volume of 800 ml. The composition is on the steam bath. This composition is then used when seated baths are added to the water. Water temperature has a different effect. If it is 37 degrees - you can get a healing effect. Temperature of 18 degrees - water will eliminate bleeding from hemorrhoids. Exposure when bathing should not exceed 5 minutes.
Decoction from the leaves of bearberry can effectively cope with parasitic infections caused by the effect of Giardia. Grass in an amount of 15 g is poured with a glass of boiling water. Within 12 hours the composition is infused. After this, the broth should be filtered. At one time should use no more than 10 ml. The components of the composition have a detrimental effect on the growth and reproduction of protozoa and eliminate the manifestations of inflammation.
Bearberry in the form of tincture can even treat some types of neurosis and chronic alcoholism.
Hair, skin and care
Often use the plant for cosmetic purposes. Carry out the removal of age spots, brighten hair. The oil obtained from this plant is widely used. In its composition it contains the following products:
- means for rejuvenation,
- cleansing compositions
- shampoos and hair conditioners with bearberry ingredients.
Get rid of age spots
For cooking means you need to take:
- medicinal plant in the form of leaves - 25 g,
- water - 325 ml.
It should be said that you should not count on an instant effect. It will take three months, no less. In parallel, weekly hard peeling of the facial part is performed. To do this, mix the salt, soda and baby cream. Everything is taken in equal parts. This mixture is necessary to thoroughly rub the face. Then, a facial massage and lubrication with a decoction of the plant.
It uses a strong broth. To boiling water in a volume of 750 ml requires the addition of four tablespoons of the plant. This composition is rinsed hair several times a week. After that they become silky and get shine.
If the hair split, help shampoos, which include bearberry oil. A similar effect can be achieved when using air conditioners.
Undoubtedly, bearberry is beneficial for the body, but at the same time it has a number of limitations to its use. These include the following points:
- Cannot be used by pregnant women, since preterm labor may occur.
- Renal pathology in the acute phase of the course.
- Lactation period.
- Tendency to constipation.
It should be remembered that the use of bearberry is not the main means of correcting various painful conditions, it acts only as an addition to the main prescribed treatment. It is always necessary to remember about cases of individual intolerance to the components of a medicinal plant. This can occur quite often. The use of medicinal plants should be carried out under the supervision of a physician in compliance with the prescribed dosage. And especially carefully it is necessary to treat it to pregnant women and girls in the period of breastfeeding.
The height of the shrub is 5-30 cm. The stalks are branched, recumbent, rooting and ascending. The leaves are oblong obovate. At the base, narrowed into a short scape, and rounded at the top. From above dark green color, brilliant, with visible veins, from below - opaque and lighter. The leaves have a solid edge, without edge, arranged alternately: they live for 2 years, and on the 3rd die off and fall.
A distinctive feature of lingonberry - small brown dots on the back of the leaves. Knowing this feature, plants are easy to identify in nature.
Color from April to June. The inflorescence is a small apical brush consisting of several drooping white-pink flowers on short pedicels. The corolla is a pitcher, has a five-pronged limb, there are stiff hairs inside. The anthers with appendages have a dark red color and open up with holes at the top. Column somewhat shorter than the corolla.
The fruit ripens in August-September and is a berry-like drupe of dark red color with a diameter of 0.6-0.8 cm. The powdery pulp, inside of which there are five bones.
Collecting and harvesting
The beneficial properties of bearberry leaves, as well as its shoots, allow them to be harvested as a medicinal raw material. You can collect the plant in the spring before flowering or at the very beginning, as well as in the fall, when the fruits are fully ripe (before the fruits fall).
At one site, you can collect raw materials no earlier than 5 years after the previous collection. Dry in a dryer at T 50-60 ̊С or in ventilated rooms. Store in linen bags 5 years.
History and Scientific Research for Bearberry
- The first references to the medicinal properties of a bear's ear are dated to the 12th century - then it was already used in England: in the Old English medical book Meddygon Myddfai, a description of the properties of the plant was given.
- In medieval medicine of the Armenian peoples, the butcher was used as an astringent for diarrhea and hemoptysis.
- Recognition in Germany, as a medicinal plant, bearberry received only in the 18th century.
The German public health service recognizes the ear of the bear as one of the most effective means in the treatment of inflammatory processes of the urinary tract.
- Instructions for the use of bearberry in scientific and practical medicine in France date back to the 20s. 20 in. The famous phytotherapist of this country Leclerc recommended the plant as a diuretic and anti-inflammatory drug for pathologies of the kidneys, bladder and prostatitis.
- In folk medicine of Siberia and the North of Russia, bearberry was used in the pathologies of the urinary system, for the treatment of venereal diseases - syphilis and gonorrhea. Moreover, in a number of localities of Russia, the plant is still used for this purpose.
- In folk medicine of Lithuania, the plant was used in the treatment of chronic diarrhea, hypertension, neurosis, to bring the body into a tone, to eliminate inflammatory processes.
- Tibetan healers use the leaves of the plant for heartburn, goiteline disease, gastritis.
- Ukrainian phytotherapeutist Nosal V. advises the preparations of the plant for urinary incontinence at night in children.
- Czech scientists have developed a technology for cultivating cells of the bearberry leaf mesophyll. Однако арбутин и другие фенологликозиды при этом способе не накапливаются, и действующая основа представлена тритерпеновыми соединениями, производными олеаноловой кислоты.
- В 1974 году в химико-фармацевтическом институте Санкт-Петербурга был разработан метод получения жидкого концентрата из листа растения, который содержал до 15 % арбутина. В проведенных опытах на лабораторных крысах было установлено, что препарат на 37 % увеличивал диурез.
- In vitro experiments proved that leaf extracts of the plant inhibit the growth of Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Enterococcus faecalis, Bacillus subtilis, Escherichia colony, angels in the oyster .
- In 2001, Japanese scientists found that bearberry extract enhances the sensitivity of St. aureus (methicillin-resistant strains) to β-lactam antibiotics.
Pharmacological and medicinal properties
Plant preparations have pronounced antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and diuretic properties. Useful properties of bearberry due to the action of chemicals that make up its parts.
- Anti-inflammatory effect due to the presence of tannins in the plant.
- Antioxidant properties are determined by the presence of gallic acid.
- Antiseptic properties are associated with local irritating and antimicrobial effects of phenol hydroquinone.
- The diuretic effect is also associated with hydroquinone and other phenols: they irritate the kidney tissue, passing through it, and increase urine output.
- Antimicrobial properties are associated with glycoside arbutin, which breaks down into free hydroquinone and glucose under the influence of the enzyme arbuthase.
- Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects are determined by Ursulic acid.
- Hydroquinone has a rejuvenating, whitening and cleansing effect.
In both official and traditional medicine, bearberry is mainly used as an antiseptic for diseases of the urinary tract, urethra and bladder, urolithiasis. The combined effect of bearberry leads to the purification of the urinary tract from pathogenic flora and products of inflammation.
Also, the preparations of the plant are used as an astringent, for heartburn, diarrhea, gastritis, colitis and other gastrointestinal diseases, diabetes, gout, tuberculosis, atherosclerosis, rheumatism. Milk broths bearberry fruits are used for the treatment of diarrhea and gastritis.
External use of plant preparations helps to reduce the severity of wrinkles, heal and lighten the skin (during hyperpigmentation), eliminate inflammation and black dots. So, bearberry cream Kredo Natur is a unique product that cleans pores from black spots in 7-10 days. The cream from the domestic manufacturer “Pure Line” with bearberry is recommended for people with very dry and sensitive skin, and according to reviews, it really helps with these problems.
It is indicated for chronic gastritis, edema, cystitis, urethritis, chronic nephritis, constipation, uterine bleeding, chronic colitis, diathesis, diabetes. It is used externally to treat poorly healing wounds, abrasions, scratches.
Cooking: 1 tbsp. dry leaves to grind to form a powdered mass, pour 1 cup boiling water and put it all in a water bath. Warm up this mixture for 20 minutes, then another 40 minutes to insist. Strain the resulting product and bring to the original volume with boiled water. Not recommended for patients with sensitive stomachs, as it contains tannins and irritates the mucous membranes.
Take 30 minutes after eating 50 ml, 3 times a day.
Effective with cystitis and other inflammatory processes in the urinary system.
Cooking: 10 gr. dry leaves of the plant combine with 2 cups of cold water.
Insist 12 hours, then warm up for 5 minutes, do not bring to a boil, strain. This method allows you to extract from the leaves of almost all active ingredients, but without tannins. This reduces the likelihood of side effects and allows you to get a soft, but no less effective tool.
How to drink bearberry: c / o 30 minutes after meals, 30 ml, 3 times a day. You can store the infusion in the refrigerator for 48 hours.
It is used for sleep disorders, diseases of the nervous system, urolithiasis, alcoholism, rheumatism, cancer, and gout, as an analgesic.
Cooking: 40 gr. crushed dried leaves placed in a glass container, add 250 ml of vodka and put to infuse in the dark for 2 weeks. Strain the tincture.
Take 15 drops c / o 30 minutes after meals 3 times a day.
It is used in the complex treatment of urinary tract pathologies: pyelonephritis, cystitis, urethritis, prostatitis. In gynecology is used for cervicitis and vaginitis. In cosmetology, it is used to improve the appearance and cleansing of the skin, accelerate the regeneration and rejuvenation, reduce inflammation and heal injuries. Stops hair loss and stimulates the growth of hair follicles.
Cooking: The leaves of the plant are crushed to 3 mm and the extractant (water or alcohol) is prepared. For 1 part of the leaves take 5 parts of the extractant, which should be divided into 3 servings: 3: 1: 1. First, add 3 parts of the extractant to the leaves and incubate for 4 days at room temperature. The extract is drained, the grass is pressed and poured 1 part of the extractant. After 2 days, the process is repeated, but the drug is already insisting for 1 day. All the resulting hoods are mixed together and stored in a bottle in the refrigerator.
Take 30 minutes before eating 1 tbsp. up to 5 times a day for 1 month. In the year can be 4 courses of treatment. External use for local treatment of problem areas.
Gout Remedy Recipe
Pour into a saucepan 500 ml of water, put 3 tbsp. dry the leaves of bearberry, put on the fire and wait for the boil. After 15 minutes, remove from heat and cover, wait until it cools. Strain.
Take with meals, 2 times a day. Also in this broth, you can moisten a gauze bandage and apply it on sore spots for 15 minutes. This treatment is carried out until the pain disappears completely.
Collection for the treatment of rheumatism
In equal proportion to take bearberry leaves, grass of the horsetail, sash of pods of sowing beans, stigma of corn, grass of hernium fragrant and highlander bird, willow bark, cornflower flowers, hung birch buds. Grind the mixture of plants, take 1 tbsp. This dare and pour 250 ml of boiling water, boil for 10 minutes and another half an hour to insist, strain.
Drink 100 ml h / o 40 minutes after meals 5 times a day.
Collection for the treatment of atherosclerosis
Take in equal proportions the ear of a bear, the flowers of the heart-shaped linden, oregano, peppermint leaves, large plantain, motherwort, horsetail, dried marsh and rosehips, chop. 1 tbsp. mix boiling water (2 cups) and insist 40 minutes, squeeze.
Take 1 glass twice / day. 60 minutes after eating.
- Uriflorin. Monopreparation in the form of tablets on the basis of the leaves of the plant, which is effective in complex treatment of inflammatory diseases of the urinary tract and bladder (cystitis, urethritis).
- Lessons. Syrup, which, in addition to the bear's ear, contains extracts of birch leaves, cranberries and cranberries. Shown in the treatment of inflammation of the bladder and urinary tract.
- Uriflan. Supplements in the form of capsules containing dry extract of the plant. It is indicated in the treatment of chronic and acute pyelonephritis, acute and chronic cystitis and urethritis, congestive processes in the pelvis.
- Ursul. Polycomponent dietary supplement for food. It is recommended as a general tonic preparation to maintain the functions of the urinary system, as well as an additional source of minerals in inflammatory pathologies of the urinary tract.
- Bearberry leaves dry (or in filter bags) - herbal medicine used in the complex treatment of urinary tract inflammations.
Side effects and special instructions
When treating with plant preparations in large doses, exacerbation of inflammation in the urinary organs and the development of renal symptoms are possible, which is associated with prolonged irritation of the renal tubules.
Vomiting, nausea, chills, fever and diarrhea are also possible.
- To reduce the likelihood of side effects in the treatment of bearberry, it is recommended to use it in combination with plants (in the form of fees), which have anti-inflammatory and diuretic properties.
- Also during the period of treatment with plant preparations of urinary tract pathologies, protein products should be excluded, since they oxidize urine. The main volume of the diet should be vegetable food. To keep the urine pH alkaline, before taking bearberry preparations, you should drink a solution prepared from 1 cup of water and 1 tsp. soda
- During treatment, you can not take drugs that contain alkali and alkaloids.
How to distinguish bearberry from lingonberry
Very often, dry raw lingonberries give out under the guise of bearberry and sell it on the markets. Harm from such treatment will not be, however, and benefits in the expected amount, too.
Even in the pharmacopoeia of the 8th century, a technique for analyzing medicinal raw materials to determine falsification was described. A water infusion is prepared from the tested raw material at a ratio of 1:50, then a crystal of ferrous sulfate is added to it. If the test raw material is bearberry, then the solution should first turn red, then turn purple, and after the end of the reaction a dark purple precipitate should occur. In case it is a lingonberry leaf, such a reaction is not observed.
The second method requires the presence of iron-ammonium alum, adding a few drops of which to the infusion of bearberry, the latter becomes black and blue. If the infusion is made of lingonberries, it will turn greenish-black.
Characteristics and basic properties of bearberry
Bearberry islow evergreen shrub of the genus heather, which has very useful healing properties. People call it bear's ear because of the shape of the leaves, as well as bear berries, which ripen in late July and have a sweet-bland taste.
The plant is found in the Nordic countries, in the Alps, in the Balkans, as well as in Siberia.
Uninformed people can confuse bearberry with lingonberries because of the similarity of their leaves and fruits. But what makes the lingonberry different from bear ears is the fact that it grows up, and the bearberry creeps along the ground. And below the leaves of lingon have brown spots, and bearberry leaves are homogeneous and smaller.
Medicinal properties of bear ears used in medicine for quite some time. The beneficial elements of the plant are best preserved in dry form. The main thing is to follow the rules of storage. Collecting bearberry branches, do not tear them at random, it is better to carefully cut off with garden shears or a knife. All areas of the shrub have useful properties: leaves, berries, and even flowers.
Bearberry leaves are rich enough in chemical composition:
- flavonoids - substances that destroy microbes, viruses and bacteria in the human body,
- gallic acid is a potent antioxidant, and also resists aging and malignant tumors,
- tannins - strengthens the intestinal walls and helps with bloating or diarrhea,
- Arbutin is a substance that helps remove urine from the body and does not give the kidneys absorb secondary fluid,
- hydroquinone - whitens and rejuvenates the skin. Provides the body with the necessary oxygen, which helps with asthma,
- Ursulic acid - eliminates inflammation and bacteria in the body.
All the listed properties of this amazing plant make it possible to use it as a medicine against various diseases.
Bearberry: medicinal properties and contraindications
The plant has such a wide range of medicinal properties that it has long been rooted and used in traditional medicine.
Healing qualities of bear ears You can not underestimate, they act as:
- Tanning agent in the disorder of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Disinfecting effect on the kidneys. It has components with an antimicrobial effect and reduces inflammation.
- Remedy for edema in heart disease, diabetes and pulmonary tuberculosis.
- Anti-inflammatory eye remedy. It helps in case of conjunctivitis, bilateral blepharitis, etc.
- Analgesic effect on the appearance of tumors, rheumatism of the joints. Promotes the treatment of gout.
- Relaxing effect on muscle tone.
- Diuretic. Promotes the removal of excess fluid from the body.
Bearberry leaves remove toxic substances well, it's no wonder that it is added to diuretic teas. Very often, decoctions of this plant are taken in case of cystitis and urethritis, as well as pyelonephritis, uterine bleeding, white hair and even venereal diseases.
Bear ears have a positive effect on neurosis and helps to establish a metabolism. With the help of the beneficial properties of this shrub, diathesis and even festered wounds can be cured.
But considering all the benefits of this plant, it is recommended to apply it strictly according to indications. As well as all other medicinal substances Bearberry has a number of contraindications:
- children under 12 years old
- pregnancy (especially the first and last trimesters, as it can provoke a miscarriage or premature labor pains),
- breastfeeding (as it is absorbed into the milk and can reduce lactation),
- acute progression of kidney disease (may trigger an increase in inflammation in the urinary canal and in the kidneys themselves),
- problems with stools when constipation (a plant, so is astringent, which can create even more problems),
- allergic reactions to herbal preparations.
The use of bearberry in gynecology
Our gynecologists have long known that infusions and decoctions of this miracle plants help to cope with female genital diseases. For example, there are many miraculous recipes that will help with diseases such as thrush, cystitis, uterine hypertonus, gonorrhea, and uterine bleeding.
Bearberry tincture for cystitis
To prepare the tincture, take 2 teaspoons of dried leaves and cover with 0.5 liters of boiled water. Let it stand for about two days, preferably in the dark. Then strain and drink a quarter of a glass after each meal, preferably 3 times a day and in the form of heat. You can take this broth for no more than 7-10 days, depending on the nature of the flow of cystitis.
Collecting leaves from cystitis
For this collection you will need: bearberry leaves - 25 grams, chopped parsley - 6 grams, gryzhnik - 20 grams, leaves and flowers of celandine - 7 grams. Mix all the ingredients and pour boiling water - 400 ml. Insist for 45 minutes and filter. It is necessary to drink such a collection 3 times a day, 30-40 ml before or after meals, during the week.
During the treatment of cystitis, these decoctions have a restorative and cleansing effect of the bladder and kidneys.
Syringe with thrush
Possessing an antibacterial effect, these bear berries help fight with fungal and even venereal diseases of the female organs. For example, with the appearance of thrush or gonorrhea.
To prepare the solution, take one teaspoon of bearberry leaves and cover with hot boiled water - 150 ml. Insist for an hour, then strain through cheesecloth. You can douche twice a day, morning and evening, after taking a shower.
Baths for uterine bleeding
Take 90 grams of dry leaves of bearberry and pour two glasses of water. We put on the fire and cook for 15 minutes, occasionally stirring. We are waiting for the broth to cool to drain. Now it can be used by adding to the bath and sitting in it for at least 20 minutes every evening until complete recovery. This home treatment helps relieve inflammation, disinfects and prevents uterine bleeding.
Use during pregnancy
Bearberry leaves during pregnancy not recommended. Let the decoctions of these leaves and are an excellent diuretic and anti-inflammatory agent, but when carrying a child, you risk the negative impact on the uterus and placenta. One of the side effects of the use of infusions and decoctions of this plant for pregnant women is the reduction of the uterus. In turn, this may cause premature labor or miscarriage. This is written even in the instructions on the packaging of the ready collection of dry bearberry.
But if you still tend to the popular methods of treatment of cystitis or pyelonephritis while carrying a child, be sure to consult your gynecologist. He will advise you on how and in what doses you need to use this tool, taking into account the peculiarities of your body.
Plant use for men
It helps this medicinal plant and with problems with men's health. For example, with this tool you can fight prostatitis. In the treatment of this disease, bearberry affects the male prostate in the same way as in the case of cystitis. Removes inflammation and acts as an antiseptic, killing disease-causing infections.
Bearberry spirit infusion: use of prostatitis
To prepare, pour 2 tablespoons of leaves of the bearberry plant with 40% ethyl alcohol (or vodka) in the amount of 100 ml. Cooked infusion stored in a dark place for two weeks. Then filter and can be taken by dripping into a glass with water or tea 18 drops after meals three times a day.
Infusion of leaves (without alcohol)
Take 25 grams of dry leaves of bearberry per cup of boiling water. We put the solution in a warm place and from the next day we use 3 spoons after meals, at least 3 times a day. The shelf life of tincture from prostatitis is 2 days. Этот способ приготовления лучше сохраняет лечебные свойства медвежьих ушек, чем при изготовлении отвара.
Использование толокнянки при других заболеваниях
Народная медицина применяет листья толокнянки не только при патологиях половых органов у мужчин и женщин. This plant treats common diseases such as giardiasis of the intestine, neurosis, hemorrhoids, alcohol dependence, pyelonephritis and other kidney diseases.
Brew a plant for the treatment of kidneys, for example, with pyelonephritis. Broth helps to remove urine, relieving inflammation, and eliminating infections in the urinary tract. For one cup, brew 1 teaspoon of dried leaves and drink as a tea for three meals per day.
Herbal collection with nephrolithiasis
To get rid of kidney stones, you need to make the following collection: 2 parts of bearberry, plantain leaves and wild rose berries mix with 1 part of hops, birch buds, black currant leaves, wild rose leaves and lavender. There also mix three parts of nettle and five parts of horsetail. The resulting collection is used as a decoction: two tablespoons of the mixture - 1.5 liters of hot water. Hold under the lid for 30 minutes and drink all the prepared broth during the day.
Broth for hemorrhoids baths
50 grams of dried bear ears fall asleep per liter of boiling water. Cook on steam bath for 5 minutes. Drain through cheesecloth and add half a liter of warm water. Baths based on this broth are taken in hot and cold water, depending on the desired effect. For example, when hot water relieves inflammation, and when it is cold, bleeding from the rectum stops.
Bearberry leaves for cystitis
Cystitis is treated with bearberry tinctures and decoctions. They relieve the discomfort and pain that accompanies the disease. Further recipes for therapeutic drugs for cystitis.
Decoction. Take 1 tablespoon of dried bearberry leaves and pour 250 ml of boiling water over them. Put the drink in a water bath for 30 minutes, then filter it and cool it. Drink a tablespoon of medicine for 1 time 30 minutes after a meal, the recommended number of doses per day is 5-6.
Infusion. This drink is best cooked in the evening, as it is infused for a long time. Take 1 tablespoon of the leaves of the plant (dry), put it in a thermos, pour a glass of just boiled water. Wrap the container in a towel and leave for 8-9 hours, you can overnight. In the morning, strain the infusion through cheesecloth. Drink the resulting volume 3-4 times, take the medicine after a meal.
Tincture. This remedy is one of the most effective for cystitis, but be careful: it is contraindicated in the acute form of the disease. The recipe is as follows: 2 tablespoons of dried leaves of bearberry are poured over 100 ml of vodka, the mixture is poured into a bottle and put in a cool place for 2 weeks. After 14 days, the medicine is ready. Strain it, and you can take: 15-20 drops three times a day after meals.
Tea. To prepare such a drink, you can take leaves or flowers of a bear's ear. 2 teaspoons of raw materials, pour 100 ml of hot water and cook for 10 minutes on low heat. The result will be tea leaves, dilute it with boiling water and drink this tea 3 times a day.
The treatment of cystitis depends on the stage of the disease. Before taking medications, be sure to consult with a urologist. The initial stages are cured in about 2 weeks, and the treatment of more advanced cases lasts a month or two. Every 14 days you need to take a break for several days, otherwise there may be side effects.
Bearberry during pregnancy
Pregnant women to receive decoctions and bearberry tea should be treated with caution. On the one hand, the ear of a bear helps:
- remove excess fluid from the body, respectively, get rid of edema,
- relieve stress, calm down and fall asleep,
- cure heartburn without resorting to traditional medicine.
In this case, before taking the plant, it is necessary to assess the degree of the effect of such therapy on the fetus. Here are some facts testifying to the dangers of bearberry treatment during pregnancy.
- Edema is considered normal for women in position. Thanks to them, a pregnant woman tolerates toxicosis more easily. Bearberry will interfere with the natural process, so there will be no improvement in well-being after taking the funds from the plant.
- Bear ear medicine often causes nausea.
- The last and most important fact: bearberry irritates the muscles of the uterus, and increased tone can provoke premature birth or miscarriage.
Considering the dangers posed by the plant intake, it can be concluded: a pregnant woman cannot take herbal preparations Such treatment is justified in rare cases, and the decision is made solely by the doctor.
How to take with prostate?
Since the bearberry relieves inflammation of the genitourinary system, it helps well in the fight against prostatitis. Exclusively by the plant, the disease is not treated, but together with the preparations of traditional medicine it has a positive effect on the body and accelerates recovery.
Decoction, tincture and tincture of a bear's ear from prostate are prepared in the same way as from cystitis. The dosages are as follows.
Broth to drink 1-2 tablespoons three times a day after meals. Tea should be consumed after taking 1 cup of food. Tincture on alcohol you need to drink 10-12 drops three times a day.
You can also prepare a collection. Take one part of the leaves of nettle, chamomile and sage, and two parts of the leaves of bearberry. The ingredients are mixed, put in a glass jar and cover with a lid. An infusion is prepared from this collection: for 2 tablespoons of the mixture - half a liter of boiling water, leave for 2 hours.Drink half a glass three times a day 30 minutes before meals. The duration of treatment depends on the stage of the disease and is prescribed by a doctor.
What else does bearberry help?
Bearberry has a lot of useful substances, so it is indicated for many diseases and ailments.
Beer alcoholism. The decoction of the plant helps for six months to get rid of this disease, after this time, the craving for alcoholic beverages is replaced by disgust. Recipe: 2 tablespoons of dried leaves, pour 200 ml of water and put on low heat, boil the drink for 15 minutes, then strain. Drink a tablespoon of the drug 6 times a day.
Tuberculosis and heart failure. From such diseases infusion helps better than others. Prepare a drink: Pour 1 tablespoon of bearberry leaves with a glass of boiled water and leave for 12 hours. Then filter well, take a tablespoon 5 times a day after meals. The product is stored no more than 2 days, so do not prepare large volumes of medication in advance.
Purulent wounds and diathesis. Infusion of a bear's ear is taken not only inside, they can treat purulent wounds or skin areas affected by diathesis. The tool kills bacteria and viruses, and also promotes the fastest healing. Just soak a cotton pad in the infusion and wipe the affected area with it. You can also take a bath with the addition of funds, the procedure is carried out daily before bedtime for 15 minutes.
Edema. Diseases accompanied by edema are also treated with bearberry. You can use any medicine from the plant: infusion, tea or decoction. Drink a glass of drink per day, evenly distributing this volume into several receptions.
Hypotension. Sometimes preparations of a bear's ear are used to normalize blood pressure. The plant slightly increases the pressure, so it is shown exactly hypotonic. This property is implicitly expressed, but it is better not to drink grass for hypertensive patients - in order to avoid adverse effects. So, the infusion increases the pressure according to the following recipe: 20 g of dry leaves, pour 100 ml of alcohol and leave for 15 days in a cold place. Take 10 drops after a meal, ideally - 3 times a day.
Gynecological diseases. The infusion of bearberry leaves can be used for douching. Harm from such treatment will not, because the tool will disinfect the genitals and relieve inflammation. At the same time do not refuse pharmaceutical preparations.
Kidney stone disease. From this disease will help the collection, which includes bearberry. It is prepared like this: take in equal parts dried leaves of wintergreen, mint and ear of a bear, as well as inflorescences of cornflowers. 2 tablespoons of the collection should be poured into a thermos and pour half a liter of boiled hot water. Insist 6 hours. Drink 80 ml 5 times a day for 3 months. If during this time the problem does not dare, take a break for a week, then resume therapy.
When and where to collect bearberry?
Bearberry leaves are harvested in spring (before it begins to bloom) or in autumn (after fruiting). It is more expedient to choose the second option, in this case the herb accumulates more healing elements.
The hardest thing in collecting a bear's ear is finding him. It is known that bearberry is a rare plant. It grows in separate bushes and it will not be possible to find a glade of bushes. Look for bearberry in well-lit areas with sandy soil, pay attention to the rocky slopes and hills without plants - most likely, it grows there. This shrub is very similar to lingonberries, their difference is in the leaves: the bear's ear has no dark spots on the bottom.
When you find a separate bush, cut off the shoots with a size of 3 cm.
Important: in no case do not pick the leaves with your hands and do not dig the bearberry with the root - in this case the plant will not survive. Also pay attention to the fact that after collecting on a bush 25-30% of shoots should remain, then he will not die, but will give a lot of fruit next year.
Spread the collected leaves on a flat surface with a thin layer, cover them with gauze on top. Dry the stock in a dry and well-ventilated area for 2-3 weeks. The finished leaves should look like tea. Dried shoots stored in fabric bags in a place where direct sunlight does not fall.
Bearberry leaves: how to take?
The first form of release of a bear's ear is dried leaves.Infusions and decoctions of them are recommended as adjuvants in the treatment of diseases of the urinary tract and bladder. They have antibacterial and astringent effects.
Broth is made according to the recipe: pour a tablespoon of raw materials into a glass container and pour boiling water over a glass, then hold for 30 minutes in a water bath. Cool the tea for 10 minutes, then strain it. Add the resulting volume to 200 ml.
The infusion is prepared according to the same principle, only it is necessary to simmer it in a water bath for 15 minutes and cool it for 45 minutes.
Take the tool should be 40-80 ml several times a day after meals after 40 minutes. The course of treatment and dosage depends on the stage of the disease and is determined by the doctor.
Collection diuretic number 1: composition
Bearberry is also included in the preparation of "Collection diuretic number 1". This tool consists of:
- bear's ear - 3 parts,
- licorice root - 1 part,
- Cornflower flowers - 1 part.
It is used to treat diseases of the urinary tract. Dosage - 1 tablespoon of broth (at the rate of 1 spoon of raw materials per cup of boiling water) 3 times a day.