With the advent of heat protection of cows from insects comes to the fore. Moreover, bloodsuckers are carriers of serious diseases, they just do not give life to cows. The cows become nervous - flies climb into their eyes, the herd of nasal circle around the poor animals like an aura, and the cow stops in anxious foreboding from the sounds of the gadfly approaching ... The normal owner cannot calmly watch the sufferings of the wet nurse and will definitely try to protect the cow from ticks, flies and other bloodsuckers.
In this article we suggest you to talk about what these insects are scary about, we will offer pharmaceutical and folk methods of treating cows and rooms from insects.
What are dangerous insects for cows?
- Home fly transfers more than fifty different microorganisms, many of which are causative agents of dangerous diseases. In particular, flies carry the pathogens of teleriosis and helminth eggs.
Flies are very annoying cows
- Go blind can "give" cow filariasis, tularemia, anthrax, anaplasmosis.
Blind prefer dark cows
- Burners cows are carriers of brucellosis, gabronematosis, anthrax, anaplasmosis, etc.
Autumn zhigalka - the answer to the question of why at the end of summer flies begin to bite painfully. It’s not the flies that start to bite painfully, but a new species of flies “ripening” - an autumn flattery. It was she who bites very painfully. Outwardly zhigalki resemble house flies, but only at first glance.
- Mites cows There are different kinds. The usual “pasture mite”, which settles in the groin, neck, and neck area (Dermacentor, Ixodes), suffers pyroplasmosis, anaplasmosis, babesiosis mites on the cow of the Demodex genus parasitized in hair follicles and sebaceous glands, can cause iron and demo beats. cow in the area of the udder, hind limbs, the root of the tail and cause skinned scabies, itching.
A) Pasture mite - the most common and most visible of ticks B) Cow affected by Chorioptes mite
- midges are attacking cows in large quantities, and the bites of midges are extremely painful for cows. Massive attack of midges can lead to simuliotoksikozu.
Gnus, midges do not give life to either the cows or us
- mosquitoes on the cow are carriers of anaplasmosis, filarias, arbovirus infections.
- cows gadfly leads to a dangerous disease hypodermatosis.
Gadfly lays eggs on a cow. Over time, they turn into larvae, penetrate the cow’s skin, travel through vessels and tissues to the esophagus or spinal canal to "hibernate", and in spring the larvae bite through the skin and fall out of the fistula to continue their life cycle.
How to protect a cow from insects?
Treating cows from ticks, flies and other insects should be carried out immediately with the arrival of heat. Preparations for the treatment of cows from insects can be divided into two types - repellents (which scare away) and insecticides (which kill). Pharmaceutical preparations, as a rule, possess both repellent and insecticidal properties, and household preparations, in other words, folk remedies, only scare away insects.
What drugs from ticks for cows can offer us veterinary pharmacies:
- "Biofly pur-it". Perhaps the most effective and popular insecticide-repellent drug today. It is a transparent oily liquid, which is dug from withers to the tail of a cow (10 ml per 1 animal), for 12 hours distributed over the entire surface of the body and little by little, through the glands, is excreted on the skin. Provides protection of cows from ticks, gadflies (as practice shows - protects weakly from gadflies), gadflies, mosquitoes, midges, midges. The instruction states that insects will not bother the cow for 4-6 weeks, in fact, count on 3 weeks, after which the cow should be re-treated from the tick.
Video: Washing cows from the stench and protection from gadflies and nasal congestion
The calves of cows can drip bypaying pur — it is possible, but for calves it is not. But, again, in practice, this preparation is dripped to calves, but in much smaller doses (2-3 ml per head).
- Water soluble preparations to protect cows from ticks, flies, mosquitoes. The treatment of ticks for cows with Butox, Neostomazan, Sebatsil, Deltoks, Aversekt, Entomozan, etc. is carried out. As a rule, these preparations from ticks for cows are diluted in water (1 ml per 1 l of water). 1 liter of solution is more than enough to process 1 animal (sprayed with a spray bottle). But if in the case of bayoflay pur-on protection was provided for 3 weeks, then the effect of water-soluble drugs is noticeable for 1-2 days. The solution must be made fresh each time.
- Aerosols sprays from ticks, flies and other insects for cows - for example, Alezan, Extrazol, Oxarep, Centaur and many, many others. As in the case of water-soluble drugs, they are simply applied to the body of the cow. How much do these drugs protect? The instructions say "repeat as necessary." The need, as a rule, comes in 1-2 days. Nevertheless, we would advise you to use sprays and water-soluble preparations for the treatment of the premises (the efficiency is really high), and to treat the cow itself from ticks and other parasites by using biofee pur-on.
- Ointments to protect the udder of the cow from insect bites, as well as to heal wounds. Bloodsuckers prefer tender skin without hair, and the udder of the cow suffers first. To protect the udder, cows recommend preparations that include laurel, eucalyptus, menthol, and camphor oils (for example, Sanofit). Such drugs scare away insects with a pungent odor and heal bitten skin.
- Gels in the eyes for cows for the prevention and treatment of diseases of telyazoza. Flies climb into the eyes of the cows - it is not only unpleasant for animals, but can also be the cause of telyazoza. For the prevention and scaring of flies, small doses of drugs are used, for treatment - complete (for example, Oftalmogel).
Protection of cows from insects by folk methods
Well, when there is a veterinary pharmacy. But how to treat a cow from ticks, flies, midges, if the pharmacy is not near, or the drugs did not help / can not afford (although they are not expensive)? Needle for inventions is cunning, and even how to protect a cow from insects has long been invented. Of course, such an effect as from drugs, you are unlikely to achieve. But in the case of protecting cows from ticks, something is better than nothing.
Video: Killing tick remedy
- diesel, engine oil
- a mixture of vegetable oil and shampoo (2: 1)
- sprinkling cows with an extract of strong-smelling herbs - laurel, tansy, wormwood, mint.
In general, everything that has a sharp unpleasant odor that can scare insects from cows is useful. Unfortunately, there are folk remedies for ticks for cows for a very short time (several hours).
What can be treated barn:
1) Aerosols and water-soluble drugs. We have already mentioned that preparations for protecting cows from insects can also be used for spraying premises in the same concentrations (see above).
2) Means for flies indoor installation. The most famous are two of them - Flybite and Agita. Both tools have proven themselves well, but they are able to fight and destroy flies specifically, because they contain the fly sex hormone.
- Flybyte It has the appearance of small yellow granules that can be laid out in places where flies accumulate or make pasta from them (10 Flybite and 8 grams of water or syrup) and smear the walls, doors, slopes, etc. with it. The effect is provided for 3-4 weeks, but the paste needs to be moistened from time to time.
- Agita It is a gray powder, from which it is made a paste, mixing it with water (1: 1). Just as in the case of Flybite, they dab the walls, door leaves and the doors themselves with a mixture. If the room is large, you can attach a thread to the ceiling and fix a pasteboard on it. Agita protects for 3-4 weeks, no need to re-wet the drug.
3) Tapes from flies.
4) "Bouquets" of strong-smelling herbs - mint, tansy, lemon balm, laurel, etc.
5) Processing insect barn with smoke. In the bucket, light the materials that give a lot of smoke and, at the same time, not dangerous: raw branches, tyrsa, manure, etc.
So, the protection of cows from ticks, flies, gadflies and other bloodsuckers is a task of prime importance. We hope our article has helped you to sort out this issue a little. And remember - you may know what and how to treat a cow from insects, but as long as your barn does not follow basic rules of hygiene, you will not be able to get rid of flies and mosquitoes. Good luck and health to your cows!
Tatyana Kuzmenko, member of the editorial board Sobkor of the Internet publication "AtmAgro. Agroindustrial Gazette"
Care for cows at home
Starting preparations for the summer period makes sense in the middle of March. To protect against insects, it is necessary to process not only cattle, but also their stalls.
On a note. An important tool in the fight against blood-sucking insects can be simple adherence to hygienic standards of animals.
Barns are encouraged to clean and disinfect every morning and evening.
Some breeds of cattle have natural means to fight with blood-sucking insects, or at least reduce the damage from them. These include:
- Thick skin that insects are not able to bite through.
- The presence of a tail, which can be fanned and, to some extent, scare insects.
Of course, such methods of struggle can only be partial in nature and do not completely eliminate insects. However, some parts of the body still remain defenseless. Udder is practically not protected from bites. Here the tail can not get rid of the problems.
Care for cows at home
About flies, gadflies, gadflies, ticks
When they say that insects irritate cows, this is only one of the problems they bring. Many diseases can spread through them.
There are several examples:
- Even ordinary flies that bite cows are very dangerous as carriers of helminths, teliasiasis, and various infectious diseases.
- Blind spots not only leave painful bites on the cow’s body, but also carry out the transfer of filariasis and anthrax.
- Migratory flies, which flourish begins in mid-July and are known for their painful bites, tolerate brucellosis, gabronematosis.
- An insect such as a tick is more dangerous. It not only sucks the blood from the cow, but also spreads the skin scabies. Usually they bite the udder, external genitals, place under the tail.
- Blackflies are especially dangerous not only by the bites themselves, but also by their multiplicity. Seals from their bites on the udder can cause mastitis.
Important! The time when a cow after calving regains its strength is especially dangerous in terms of the possibility of infection by insects.
- Subcutaneous gadflies spread hypodermatosis. For bites, they make a cut on the skin of the cow, then the larvae are laid inside. They gradually penetrate inside, infecting the circulatory and digestive systems. During its distribution, they are concentrated at certain points, forming a colony. At this place usually occurs furuncle. When adults emerge from them, they leave the cow. At the same time, they gnaw through the exit to the outside and crawl through it. Wounds do not heal for a long time and begin to rot.
Telasiosis is a helminth infection of the eyes of cattle. The larvae mature under the eyelid and then penetrate the mucous membrane of the eye. The result of the disease may be the blindness of the animal.
How to treat a cow for gadflies and gadflies
Means for such a struggle can be divided into several varieties:
- The use of repellents allows you to repel insects. As a result, they must stop approaching cattle.
- The action of insecticides is organized in another way. They are designed to kill bloodsucking insects.
On a note! This need arises along with the onset of the warm period. If you didn’t take care of it in time, it’s never too late to take the necessary measures.
In addition to these, you can consider drugs that help fight itching after a bite. Some funds are indirect. These include the need to comply with appropriate hygienic rules for cattle.
Folk remedies can also be used in this area, but their effectiveness is lower than that of vetaptek repellents.
How to treat a cow for gadflies and gadflies
In this capacity can be used:
- Diesel fuel.
- Oil testing.
- Birch tar.
- Some other products that, if smeared, have a strong odor that scares insects.
Their validity is such that they can be used only as long as they have a strong and strong odor.
Interesting! Here's how to treat cattle from gadflies: tar can be purchased at a pharmacy, you can also contact a specialized store for this. Usually for the fight against insects using oil or water solution. A sprayer is used for its use.
There is another form of its use. If animals are bathed with tar soap, it can also help fight against blood-sucking insects. It can be a flies remedy for cows.
However, the option under consideration has an unpleasant side effect: if tar is used, it can affect the formation of a corresponding taste in milk.
In addition, this gadfly for cows is valid for a very limited time. As a rule, no later than four hours the effect of the use of tar disappears.
To fight insects, some farmers use diesel. This remedy is effective due to a sharp and unpleasant smell. Unfortunately, if smeared, the smell affects not only the flying bloodsuckers, but also the cow itself. Due to this circumstance it is not recommended to use diesel fuel too often for this purpose.
On a note! Usually this substance is coated with various parts of the skin of cattle. It is considered that it is necessary to process only that part of the body where the cow cannot fan his tail. This is how cows can be treated for gadfly.
The listed folk remedies have an important drawback: they are not recommended to smear the udder. Here is an example of a folk remedy that can help in this case: for this purpose it is recommended to mix one part of the shampoo with two parts of vegetable oil. In this case, shampoo and oil can take any that is in the house. Instead of shampoo, if it is more convenient, it is permissible to use bath foam.
Important! Stir need to carefully. It is necessary to obtain a homogeneous mass, which will be processed cows. This mixture can lubricate all animals and, in particular, the udder. After the cow comes from the pasture, you need to wash off the composition with warm water.
The effectiveness of the considered method is approximately 80-90%. The composition repels gray gadflies, yellow flies, mosquitoes, midge and other insects. It is ineffective from gadflies, but they bite during the hottest period of the day, and during the morning and evening time they usually do not fly. This solution should be smeared on the udder, on the face, smeared behind the ears, "under the arms" of the cow. Some add vinegar to this composition, which increases the effect of exposure to this tool.
Sometimes there is a need to mitigate the effects of the bite, to remove the itching. In this case, this procedure can help:
- Place the bite smeared with honey.
- Cover with cabbage leaf.
- Wrap cellophane.
On a note! This tool not only softens the effects of bites, but also helps soften the skin of the udder during mastitis.
How to scare away pests (cattle repellents)
On sale there are tools that allow for such prevention. You can choose from the following options.
You can buy Biofly pur-it. It has an effective repellent and anti-insecticidal action. The greatest effect is given in the fight against dipterous insects, including midges, gadflies, gadflies and other types of insects.
Interesting! This is an effective remedy for gadflies and gadflies for cows. The action of the considered drug is based on the use of the active ingredient cyfluthrin. The principle of its impact is based on the interruption of the passage of nerve impulses in insects. Initially, this creates a lack of coordination of movements. Gradually, paralysis begins, which leads to the death of the insect.
Repellents for cattle
The method of application of this tool is simple:
- Per animal is required no more than 10 ml. It is applied to the skin: from the mane to the tail of the cow.
- Validity is from four to six weeks. All this time there is no need to re-process.
- It is recommended for a new treatment not to wait for the full expiration date, but to repeat the procedure approximately two or three weeks after the previous one.
On a note! This drug is not the only one that can be effectively used to protect cows from insects. In practice, Neostomazan, Aversect, Butox, Sebacil, Deltox, Entomozan, and some others are used for this purpose.
They are commercially available as a concentrate. Before use, they must be dissolved in water. To do this, it will be enough to take 1 ml of the concentrate and dissolve it in a liter of water.The specified amount will be enough to conduct a full and high-quality processing of one cow. It is carried out with the use of a spray. The effectiveness of these funds falls within two or three days after treatment.
Let's tell about Sebcil in more detail. The drug is applied only to clean cow skin. Effective against gadflies and gadflies. The active substance is foxim. Is an insecticide that has a contact action.
When applying Averse, you must strictly follow the safety regulations. Under this condition, it will not be dangerous to people and animals. The main substance of the drug is aversectin C-complex. It is effectively able to protect against a hypodermic gadfly. It is also effective in combating various types of bloodsucking flying insects.
On a note! Aversect is also a drug of a similar type. It is an insecticide that infects insects by direct contract.
Cyplunit has the following characteristics:
- It can be considered as a dual-purpose tool: it can be both a means of scaring and a way to destroy bloodsucking insects.
- The active ingredient of the drug in question is cyfluthrin. It belongs to a group of substances such as synthetic pyrethroids. It can be effectively used to protect a cow from mosquitoes, midges, gadflies or gadflies. As an insecticide has a contact action. Also showed effectiveness as a repellent.
- The drug is effective, treatment of cattle is recommended to entrust a specialist.
- It remains valid for a month, in some cases and for 40 days.
It is possible to use special aerosols to protect cattle. In this capacity, Extrazol, Centaurus, Alezan, Oxarep and some other similar means will be effective. Although they are quite effective, their action takes place over a short period of time.
One of the most suitable for this is Sanofit. It acts on the basis of the use of oils of eucalyptus, laurel, menthol. Also present in the camphor. Such a drug can be used to protect the entire body. Its action can be viewed as double. He not only repels insects, but also heals already made insect bites.
Important! For products that need to lubricate the udder, the least protected from insects part of the body of a cow, special requirements. Not all of them can be used for this purpose.
Tips experienced animal breeders
A good folk way to combat blood-sucking insects is the use of herbal infusions. This method has the advantage that it does not have a negative effect on the cow and cannot affect the quality of the milk.
To prepare the infusions, you can use mint, tansy, laurel or wormwood. You can take these plants in arbitrary combinations. They can not only scare away insects, but also heal bites.
When choosing the appropriate options for dealing with bloodsuckers to protect pets, various methods can be applied. All of them have their own characteristics that you need to know to make the right choice.
What are dangerous insects for cows?
In addition to the fact that insects give the cow discomfort due to its bites, the effects of their presence on the skin can be much more significant. Let's find out what the most common pests of our area threaten to these animals:
- Housefly is a carrier of various microorganisms, especially worms and calves. They are often the cause of the development of invasive conjunctival keratitis, as well as some other infectious and highly contagious ailments.
- Blind - quite capable of transmitting anthrax, anaplasmosis, tularemia and filariasis to the cow. All these infections threaten the life of the animal and can be fatal, and the entire livestock.
- Burners - flies, which, like previous insects, can cause anthrax, as well as anaplasmosis, brucellosis and many other less dangerous diseases.
- Various species of flies are capable of provoking shamuliotoksikoz, also called a toxic-allergic reaction.
- Mosquitoes - carriers of arbovirus infection and anaplasmosis, which can be transmitted to the cow.
- Hypodermic gadfly is dangerous because of its ability to tolerate hypodermatosis.
- Ticks - intensify their activities with the advent of heat and can contribute to degenerative-destructive changes in the tissues of the body. Of the various species of these insects, Dermacentor and Ixodes, carriers of anaplasmosis, piroplasmosis, babesiosis, are among the most dangerous. At the same time, demodectic mites, parasitic in the hair follicles and sebaceous glands of cows, cause strong allergic reactions and can lead to inflammation of various structures of the epidermis.
Each group of currently popular insect repellent chemicals has its own leaders, differing from the rest not only in high efficacy, but also in relatively safe composition.
Consider a few well-proven groups of tools:
- Aerosol forms from ticks, flies and other insects (Alesen, Acrodex, Oxarep, Centaurus, Extrazol, Butox have proven themselves well). Thanks to the convenient dispenser, the liquid mixture is very simply distributed throughout the cow's body, thereby forming a uniform protection for several days. After this period, the manufacturer recommends repeating the processing. Most of the aerosol preparations are also suitable for treating the barn.
- Water-soluble products are supplied in the form of a highly concentrated liquid, which is dissolved in pure water before use (usually 1 liter per 1 ml). This amount of working solution is more than enough to protect one cow, and for ease of application you can use a spray bottle. Good options from this group are “Butox”, “Sebacil”, “Deltox”, “Aversect”, “Entomozan”. The effectiveness of these drugs is clearly visible the first few days after application. Separately, it is worth noting the means “Bayoflay Pur-on”, supplied in the form of an oily emulsion, which must be applied to the skin of the back, starting from the withers and to the sacrum. Its positive effect is observed almost immediately after application, and the effect lasts 28 days.
- Considering that bloodsucking insects prefer delicate skin areas without wool cover, antiparasitic ointments, liniments and udder masks will be equally relevant. Compositions with the presence of eucalyptus oil, rosemary, lavender, menthol, laurel and camphor are considered to be particularly effective (a good option is the preparation Sanofit). All of them have a very pungent odor and quickly repel blood-sucking pests. At the same time, many such agents have anti-edema, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effect, contributing to more rapid healing of existing bites.
- The increased attention of flies to the eyes of cows often leads to the development of such an ailment as calves, which can significantly impair vision. For prophylactic purposes and to repel insects, special gels are used in small doses (for example, Oftalmogel), but if the disease has already been diagnosed, half measures will not work and you will have to use the full dosage of one or another drug.
In those cases when there is no access to the pharmacy, and the animals need help immediately, folk remedies will come to the rescue of the farmer to help cope with insects not much worse than commercial preparations. So, you can treat the cow with tar or machine oil, or apply a mixture of shampoo and vegetable oil on the skin in a 1: 2 ratio.
No less useful in this case will be infusions of mint, tansy, wormwood, laurel, which is poured into a spray bottle and sprayed throughout the body of the animal. Simply put, annoying insects will scare away any strongly smelling agent, but you need to make sure that it does not harm the cow itself.
What are dangerous bloodsuckers for cows
A common fly can carry more than a hundred different types of pathogens. Moreover, most of them are the causative agents of life-threatening, highly contagious diseases and infections.
For example, flies, gadflies carry the larvae of the causative agents of teleriosis, the larvae of helminths. Blind people can also provoke filariasis, anthrax, tularemia in cattle. These infections are deadly for cows and can lead to the death of the entire population. Burners - carriers of pathogens of brucellosis, anaplasmosis, "Siberian".
The massive attack of midges can cause the development of simuliotoxicosis in cattle. Mosquitoes provoke the development of anaplasmosis, arbovirus infections. Subcutaneous gadfly - hypodermatosis.
Ticks are especially dangerous for cows, as well as for other warm-blooded animals. Blood-sucking parasites are most active in late spring, summer, and early fall. Many types of bloodsuckers are widely distributed in the environment. They feed on blood, lymph, cellular structures. They provoke degenerative-destructive changes in the tissues.
The usual “pasture mite”, which prefers to settle in the groin, dewlap, neck area (Dermacentor, Ixodes), carries pathogens of piroplasmosis, anaplasmosis, babesiosis.
Demodectic mites (Demodex) parasitize hair follicles and sebaceous glands. They provoke strong allergic reactions, acute inflammation of various structures of the epidermis. Cause zheleznitsa, demodicosis.
Mites Chorioptes infect the mammary gland (udder) cows, hind limbs. Localized in the area of the root of the tail, provoke kojedeynuy scabies. In cattle noted severe itching, the appearance of sores, blisters, bleeding wounds on the skin.
Ectoparasites reduce the immunity of agricultural animals, violate the physiological processes in the body, contribute to the development of intoxication. Consider how to deal with ticks, other types of bloodsuckers.
How to protect cattle from blood-sucking insects
The fight against ticks, gadflies, mosquitoes, flies, other types of ectoparasites requires an integrated approach. Today, the pet market has a large selection of anti-parasitic complex veterinary preparations of systemic action.
Cows, other farm animals that are free-range, are treated immediately with the onset of the first warm days. Such preventive measures can protect the cows from infection with dangerous infections. Treatment of animals should be carried out systematically throughout the entire period of activity of blood-sucking parasites.
In the fight against bloodsuckers in veterinary medicine are used:
- repellents, insecticides,
- alternative medicine,
- complex antiparasitic agents,
- pharmaceutical preparations.
Important! In large farms also use chemical methods of protection against ticks, gadflies, midges, flies. Cattle is treated with Cydectinum, Shuminak-5, sulfidophos-20, Diazinon. These means can be used to remove ectoparasites not only from the surface of the body of animals, but also to apply them to the treatment of barns.
Measures to combat B. calcitra, demodectic, ixodic ticks consist in the destruction of bloodsuckers, parasites on cattle, by bathing, spraying, wiping animals with acaricidal insecticides, which are produced in solutions, aerosols, sprays.
Cows sprayed on special sites, equipped with absorbing pits. Particularly carefully should be treated favorite places of localization of ticks (udder, crotch area, limbs). Spray cattle once a week or once a month, depending on the means used. Processing of cows is best done in the morning, immediately after milking. Subsequent milking is carried out after thorough washing of the nipples and udder with warm water.
Additionally, measures are being taken to eradicate ectoparasites in their habitats. For this purpose, chemical protection methods are most often used (spraying of pastures, disinfection in barns, and premises containing agricultural animals).
For the treatment of ticks in cattle, cutaneous acarosis in veterinary medicine, the following products are used, which are available in the form of aerosols:
Considering that the pathogen of cutaneous acarosis is localized, develops directly under the skin, it is very difficult to destroy. In the fight against ticks, blood-sucking ectoparasites, a solution of chlorophos 1–2%, 0.05% benzophosphate emulsion can be used. Good results are shown after treatment of animals with Acrodex, Dermatozol. With severe infection, veterinarians use Ivermek, Farmacin injections to treat ticks in cows.
For the purposes of prophylaxis, veterinary medicine called “Biofly pur-one” has proved itself very well in the treatment of acaridoses. The cattle tick remedy has a pronounced acaricidal, insecticidal, repellent effect. Provides resistant protection against ticks, gadflies, midges, mosquitoes. It is produced in the form of a light yellow transparent oily liquid. The drug is applied to withers burenka, on the area of the croup. The effect after application remains from 4 to 6 weeks. Can be used for body cows. Calves this tool is contraindicated.
Acaricidal insecticidal drugs belong to the moderately toxic group, therefore, if the remedy is not correctly chosen, in case of non-observance of the recommended dosages, side symptoms may develop. Therefore, the treating veterinarian should prescribe the treatment regimen, medications, frequency of use of veterinary preparations. Medical therapy is selected on an individual basis in each case.
Most antiparasitic veterinary preparations before their use for cattle are bred in water. Therefore, carefully read the abstract before processing animals. Always use only freshly prepared solution.
Water-soluble products can also be used for the treatment of barns, premises that contain agricultural animals.
As already noted, for therapeutic and prophylactic purposes, insecticidal aerosols and sprays are often used to treat animals.
The most effective remedies for ticks, midges, midges, gadflies:
Sprays are very convenient to use, but, like water-soluble insecticidal acaricidal preparations, they do not have a prolonged effect. Therefore, the treatment of cows should be carried out systematically, adhering to the multiplicity, dosages specified in the instructions.
We protect the mammary gland of the cow
To protect the udder of cows from the bites of bloodsucking insects, veterinarians recommend the use of special antiparasitic ointments, liniments, pharmacy talkers. Most varieties of bloodsuckers prefer delicate, hairless skin, therefore the udder of the cows suffers first.
To protect the mammary gland of cows used drugs, which include the oil of eucalyptus, rosemary, lavender, laurel, menthol, as well as camphor. Ointments have a peculiar odor, thereby scaring off blood-sucking insects. They have an antiseptic, anti-edematous, anti-inflammatory effect.
Of course, using folk remedies as protection of animals against bloodsuckers, midges, midges, will not be able to get such an effect as from the use of drugs, but if there are no vetaptecs nearby, we suggest using the following methods. In any case, the treated animals will be protected from annoying insects for some time.
From ticks can be treated with a cow, other animals with water, oil solutions of tar. The smell will scare away annoying insects. You just need to coat the cow systematically with these tools.
Use a mixture of vegetable oil and shampoo (2/1). To get rid of parasites, cows can be sprayed, wiped with broths of healing strong smelling herbs. Prepare a decoction of wormwood, tansy, mint, laurel and other plants.
Having noticed the tick on the cow's body, you need to carefully remove the parasite that has sucked in with tweezers. To make the procedure easier, drip insecticide onto the parasite. After a few minutes, the tick should fall off itself from the site of the bite. If this does not happen, carefully remove it from the skin of the cow.
Diarrhea, decreased performance, fever, other symptoms may indicate the development of diseases, the presence of infection in the body, provoked by blood-sucking insects. Therefore, isolate the cow from the common herd, consult with a veterinarian in terms of treatment.