Galega officinalis is a perennial plant that belongs to the genus of legumes. In the people it is often called the goatling. And all because of the fact that this grass is grown as food. This is a fairly valuable crop.
Galega is an herb, whose medicinal properties will be described below, is a tall and powerful plant. In height, it can reach more than one meter. Galegue is characterized by pinnate leaves. The flowers of this plant have a purple or bluish tinge. In shape, they resemble bells. As a result of flowering, the fruit is formed in the form of a bean, in which there are seeds. On each side there are longitudinal depressions. Flowering begins in June and ends in September. Galega is an herb whose healing properties have been proven for a long time. As for the localization of the plant, it is found throughout Russia. Galega grows on the shores of lakes and rivers, as well as between tall shrubs.
Galega is an herb whose medicinal properties are widely used in alternative medicine. This plant has many properties. However, galega refers to poisonous herbs. It is important to know the exact dosage of the drug. Therefore, self-treatment with this plant is not recommended.
What qualities does galega have? The herb, whose medicinal properties make it possible to use it against many ailments, is used to make preparations entirely. For therapeutic purposes, you can use the roots, leaves, stems, and flowers of the plant. An infusion made from this herb has an antibacterial, antihistamine and diuretic effect. With many ailments, useful galega. The herb, which has obvious medicinal properties in diabetes mellitus, is widely used to lower the blood sugar level of the patient.
Chemical composition and benefits
The leaves and stems contain a large amount of vitamin C, carbohydrates, tannin and carotene. In addition, galega contains bitter and tannins. And the increased alkaloid content makes the plant simply invaluable. When applied topically, this substance can cause constriction of the pupils. If the intravenous pressure is greatly reduced, then the alkaloid will increase it to the desired level. When this occurs, the narrowing of the vessels. It is worth noting that the alkaloid of this plant is able to improve the secretion of milk. However, the component inhibits intestinal motor function.
Where are galega used?
The herb, whose therapeutic properties and contraindications are almost completely studied, is used in alternative medicine to treat many diseases. The best effect can be achieved if you use drugs from this plant in the very initial stages of the disease. Galega is usually used as a lactogonic drug during breastfeeding. This is due to the fact that the plant can significantly improve the movement of body fluids. As a result, more milk is produced.
It should be noted that the use of drugs based on grass leads to an increase in the production of glycogen by the human liver. This substance is responsible for storing glucose "in reserve". Galega therapy should be carried out only under the supervision of a physician and after professional consultation. Do not forget that the plant is poisonous and has contraindications. It is not recommended for people who are allergic to the plant.
Galega herb: beneficial properties and contraindications
The beneficial properties of this plant are unique. However, doctors indicate a list of contraindications. First of all, galega-based drugs should not be taken by pregnant women. Similar means are also contraindicated for those with hypotension and hypertension. Do not take drugs from galegi, if there are any violations in the bowels. In other cases, the plant has a positive effect on the body. The main thing is to strictly observe the dosage and not to self-medicate.
As already mentioned, the plant is very effective in the treatment of disease. For the preparation of the collection will require 25 grams of bean pods galegi, nettle leaves and dandelion roots. All herbs should be chopped, and then mixed. A tablespoon of the composition obtained must be brewed with 200 ml of boiling water. Insist the drug should be within half an hour, and then strain. It is recommended to accept such means to food twice a day on 100 milliliters.
How is galega being prepared? Herb, the properties of which, undoubtedly, facilitate the patient's condition in case of some ailments, is used to prepare infusions and decoctions. Such drugs can get rid of a certain number of diseases. To prepare the herb decoction, you will need two tablespoons of crushed galega and half a liter of boiling water. Raw materials should be poured with water, and then placed in a water bath. The container for this is to use only enameled.
To torment the drug should be under the lid for 15 minutes. After this, the broth is worth a strain and bring to the volume, which was originally. To do this, the composition should be poured boiled water. You can take a decoction before meals daily. In this case, the dosage should not exceed 70 milliliters. It is possible to increase or decrease the amount of the drug, depending on the patient's condition and only after consulting with a specialist.
Galega officinalis - an herbaceous plant that belongs to legumes, is popularly called kozlyatniki. It has a thick stem and rhizome, small flowers (see photo) and the fruit itself. Actively used in agriculture, medicine, cosmetology, valued for its healing properties.
There are two types of plants - Oriental and medicinal. The first is widely used in agriculture as feed crops, to improve the quality of the soil.
In cosmetology, decoctions of medicinal goat's milk are used to relieve inflammation of the face. In the seeds of Galega found useful substances, organic acids, a number of vitamins and fatty oils. The plant is also a honey plant, the resulting honey is widely used for therapeutic and prophylactic purposes.
Traditional healers advise to use the grass in such cases:
- treatment of cystitis
- for healing wounds,
- as a diuretic,
- with diabetes,
- for the treatment of the endocrine system,
- as an anthelmintic agent
- to relieve inflammation.
Healing properties of Galegi
Kozlyatnik contains a number of valuable substances: alkaloid galegin, tannins, flavonoids, vitamins, essential oils, sucrose, carotene, organic acids, peganin.
Galega increases the tone of smooth muscles and improves the secretion of milk. It is actively accepted by supporters of alternative medicine during lactation. Goatfish reduces glucose, increases glycogen in the liver, stimulates the flow of bile.
The elixir prepared from a plant has an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect - it is good for them to lubricate superficial wounds and ulcers. The herb is often used for the expelling of worms, the treatment of cystitis and urethritis.
Galega is actively used by diabetics. The plant serves as a good supplement to medication. The use of tinctures or decoctions can reduce the number of insulin injections or dosage of tablets. The most effective herb in the early stages of type 2 diabetes.
In diabetes, the plant has the following effect:
- accumulates glycogen in tissues
- normalizes the pancreas,
- improves the susceptibility of drugs
- increases glucose tolerance.
Medicinal herb should be taken with caution and comply with the recommended dosage. The plant increases pressure and impairs intestinal motility. Galega in the early stages can cause miscarriage. Use it better after childbirth - then the grass will benefit.
Recipes infusions and decoctions
Goat Leg medicinal is used in various forms. These are powders, decoctions, infusions, combinations with other herbs. Their production does not cause difficulties - it is enough to adhere to the necessary proportions and sequence of steps.
The list of the most simple and effective recipes includes:
- Decoction. Two spoons of herbs are placed in a container and pour boiling water (500 ml). The resulting mixture is brought to a boil and kept on fire for 2 minutes. The resulting broth is allowed to brew for no more than half an hour, then filtered through cheesecloth. The resulting elixir is taken three times a day, 80 ml.
- Tincture. For the preparation will need vodka and Galega. 3 tablespoons placed in a jar, then add 4 tablespoons of vodka. Concentrate is allowed to infuse for 10 days. Further, it is ready for use. Tincture can be used to disinfect wounds or use 30 drops three times a day.
- Tincture of seeds. A spoonful of seeds is placed in a half-liter jar and pour boiling water. After put in a dark place to infuse for 4 hours. Before use, filter and take 20 g three times a day.
- Complex decoction. It is used to treat diabetes. To do this, you will need in the same proportions 20 g of nettle, bean pods, medicinal goaver and dandelion root. The resulting collection is filled with water (500 ml), brought to a boil, infused for 40 minutes and filtered. The elixir is taken in the same way as the previous decoctions.
Recommendations for the use of medicinal herbs
In the process of treatment with medicinal herbs it is necessary to consider:
- each person has a different tolerance of medicinal herbs - if in the process of admission a deterioration is observed, the folk treatment is canceled,
- with medical treatment drugs need to find out how they are combined with herbal remedies,
- do not take cooked vegetable elixirs longer than the specified time, do not exceed the dosage,
- for the healing properties of herbs to retain their properties, you need to save them correctly,
- Do not store plants for more than 2 years
- To prepare infusions and decoctions you need in glass and enamelware,
- in the course of herbal treatment, exclude alcohol,
- Since phytopreparations accumulate effect, treatment gaps do not,
- take into account contraindications and restrictions.
Opinion of patients
Testimonials from people who have tried the goat's treatment are mostly positive. A persistent decrease in blood sugar is noted, however, a sufficiently long period of treatment is indicated - drinking decoctions and tinctures is necessary for a long time for the changes to become noticeable.
I try to try different popular recipes for diabetes. Recently I read in a newspaper about the healing action of a goat dam and decided to try it. I have been taking a decoction for a month now and I am monitoring my performance with a glucometer. The level of sugar became lower at the same dosage of the drug, the state of health improved. But I will not completely throw away the medicines that the doctor prescribed for me.
Anatoly Efremovich, 65 years old, Yekaterinburg
I know for a long time recipes on the basis of kozlyatnika. I want to share with people who have diabetes, like me. It is necessary to drink tincture or decoction for about a month, then make a short pause (about 3 weeks), then repeat anew and so several times. Within six months, the state should improve.
Tamara Semenovna, 58 years old, Moscow
I use tincture for wounds and suppurations on the skin. Good relieves inflammation. I heard that decoctions can be used for the treatment of diabetes. I did not dare to take it inside - I don’t know how the herbal remedy will interact with the other medicines.
Svetlana, 39 years old, St. Petersburg
The price of a plant in a pharmacy is 32 - 65 rubles per pack (depending on gram).
Video material from the famous herbalist about Galegue officinalis:
Tags: goatskin, grass
This plant, like many other medicinal herbs, has several names: kozlyatnik, galega medicinal, chokabuk, rue, goat grass, etc. The grass is delicate and very beautiful in appearance in the lowlands of rivers, ditches, and in swamps.
From ancient times the grass goat's grass, the photo of which we placed in this article, has attracted the attention of traditional healers for its healing properties. In addition, it is used for feeding livestock. Traditional medicine does not use kozlyatnik.
What does goat grass look like? Herbaceous perennial belonging to the legume family. It has a weakly branched, taproot, branchy, dispersed hairy or bare branches with a height of up to one meter. Leaves up to twenty centimeters long, alternate, having 4-10 pairs of leaflets.
Flowers of gentle light-violet or blue color (snow-white is very rare), moth type. They are located in the axils of the leaves, forming thick loose brushes that are up to 25 cm in length. The healing grass of the goatling blooms from mid-June to late August.
Fruits (beans) ripen in the second half of August. Seeds of goat grass are greenish-yellow, budlike, smooth.
Goat Grass Grass Photo App
This is because in the initial stage, as a rule, insulin is not used, and diet and folk remedies can help in the normalization of blood sugar levels.
Goat Meat is an herb whose use causes active fluid movement. But in diabetes, not only the hypoglycemic effect is important. Of great importance is the ability of this herb to significantly increase the sensitivity of tissues and cells to sugar.
The goat's grass (from diabetes) is attractive primarily because it does not cause sudden drops in blood glucose levels. The goatling (galega) with type 2 diabetes takes part in another vital process. As you know, the liver is a “pantry” of glucose, the role of which is played by glycogen. When the body begins to experience an acute lack of energy, it begins to use the hidden reserves that this herb helps to maintain.
The goat's grass (from diabetes) is also important in that it strengthens and tones the internal smooth muscles. This makes it easier to remove harmful cholesterol and effectively restore blood vessels, which is very important in diabetes.
Kozlyatnik - general description
Kozlyatnik pharmacy, (Galega galega) - perennial plant of the legume family. This herb has a thick rhizome, a powerful bushy stem, tall, bare or scattered, with a height of up to 1 meter. The leaf is pinnate, complex, located in the amount of 6-8 pairs on one stem, moth flowers grow from the leaf axils in the upper part, gathered in dangling brushes, purple-yellow or blue with white wings. Fruits are sharp-shaped beans, with seeds in the amount of 3-7 pieces that do not crack on their own. The flowering period is July. This plant is a honey plant and is cultivated as animal feed.
Kozlyatnik - types and places of growth
In the steppe zone, the plant has various names, there are such species of it: goat, rutevka, rue, forester, galega. Oriental and medicinal species grow in wooded places. In the Caucasus, there are 2 forms of an eastern goatfish - North Caucasus and Lori.
In the wild, the medicinal goatling, or galegu, can be found in the steppe regions near swamps and ditches, it prefers lowland places and environs of swampy streams, sometimes forms real thickets. The plant is distributed in the Caucasus, in particular in Georgia, Dagestan, Armenia, as well as in Russia and Ukraine, and in Moldova. This plant is considered endemic for Russia and the CIS. Currently it is grown in Europe, Asia Minor, and the Mediterranean.
Grass goat grass: benefits and contraindications
Home therapy uses this plant as a carrier of diuretic, antibacterial and antihelminthic properties. Drug kozlyatnik has one very rare property - it has a lactogenic effect and can be used to increase the amount of milk in pregnant women (the name "Galegin" is associated with the Greek "gala" - milk). It contains alkaloid galegin, which affects the concentration of sugar in the blood, this effect is used in the treatment of diabetes, albeit with not running forms of the disease. The plant can be helpful with snake bites and to reduce sweating.
Kozlyatnik - dosage forms
Traditional medicine does not use this plant, and for the needs of phytotreatments, the above-ground part is collected, in the form of the tops of flowering plants and seeds. The grass is quickly dried in the shade in the fresh air, 3 kg of raw materials are used to obtain 1 kg of dry mix. Seeds are obtained from ripe fruit, dried in the sun, a bag of beans threshed with sticks and check on the racks. Alkaloids and vitamins P, B and C, tannins and flavonoids contained in the vetch may be of interest to normalize the metabolism of folk remedies. Also in the flowers and leaves are found unsaturated organic acids, and in the seeds of fatty oils, phytosteroids and sugars.
Goat Meat - Recipes
- Broths from the seeds of worms preparing 1:20.
- Herbal decoctions (1:10), used to normalize the sugar content. Отвар из козлятника принимают внутрь по 3 – 4 р. в день 1 столовой ложке. Периодически необходимо делать анализы крови и мочи. Концентрацию или объем настоя можно увеличивать.
— Салат из молодых листочков растения полезен для повышения молоковыделения у кормящих женщин.
Категория: Росчерк пера 01
Grass goatgrass (galega) is a medicinal plant, which belongs to the unofficial medicinal raw materials. This means that although it is not included in the pharmacopoeia, the substance galegin, which is contained in the plant, has been studied very well and long ago. Its main properties are: increased pressure, weakening of intestinal motility, vasoconstriction and stimulation of milk production.
But the most basic property of the herb, thanks to which, it became known to medicine is the ability to reduce the level of sugar in the blood of a person and in type II diabetes to reduce insulin dependence. What is the grass goat grass used for, how to prepare remedies and take them - you will learn below from our article.
Goathawk grass application and use
For therapeutic purposes, all parts of the herb are used. You should know that it is a poisonous plant, and therefore, take it with caution. In folk medicine, infusions, decoctions, ointments and other medicinal preparations are prepared from galega.
- Infusion acts on the body as a diuretic, antibacterial, and anthelmintic agents.
- It is used for diabetes mellitus, because it reduces the amount of sugar in the blood of the patient.
- In the stems and leaves of the plant a lot of useful substances: carbohydrates, carotene, vitamin C, bitterness, tannins, etc. And the alkaloid galegin - secrete seeds, which constricts the pupils when applied topically.
- The same alkaloid constricts blood vessels and is used with low blood pressure.
- The plant is used as a diaphoretic and diuretic.
- Stimulates intensive secretion of mother's milk during breastfeeding. Only apply the galega is necessary under the supervision of your doctor, so as not to harm the body of a woman and child.
- Helps to strengthen and tone up the smooth muscles of the internal organs. This strengthens the blood vessels and clears them of cholesterol.
- Effective use of the plant as anthelmintic.
Goatgrass grass is also found in animal husbandry, all because of its healing properties.
Galega herb - healing properties in folk recipes
Fresh heap plants folk healers advise to wash trophic ulcers and wounds on the skin. And in the Caucasus, infusion gargle with tonsillitis. Homeopathic preparations that help to cope with hemorrhoids are prepared from fresh leaves and flowers of the galega. Let's take a look at some good recipes for traditional medicine:
- 2 tablespoons dry and chopped herbs pour half a liter of boiling water,
- Put in a water bath, cover with a lid,
- After a quarter of an hour, strain the composition, and add boiled water to the initial volume of liquid.
It is recommended to drink cooked broth every day before meals with 70 ml.
Broth for outdoor use
- 2 teaspoons of dry and chopped herbs to steam up with a glass of hot boiled water,
- Put on the fire, bring to a boil, and boil for another 5 minutes,
- Remove from heat, and after half an hour filter the broth.
Used externally for lotions in the treatment of lichen, eczema and dermatosis. In addition, it is recommended to use the following collection inside:
- 2 parts crushed birch leaves, bilberry leaves and galega grass,
- 3 parts of watch of three leaves, grass of violet, motherwort, yarrow and corn stigmas,
- compound, and pour 300 ml of boiling water over 1.5 large collection spoons,
- insist 30 minutes, and then squeeze.
Drink three times a day for half a glass.
- Rinse fresh grass, squeeze juice,
- 10 g of the resulting juice diluted in 50 ml of pure water.
This solution is recommended to gargle. For use inside 50 drops of juice diluted in 100 ml of water, and drink 3 times a day. This method of preparation of the drug is suitable for washing the wounds and ulcers on the skin.
Description of the goatling
The stem is erect, branching, reaching a height of 1 m. There are completely bare or with a little hairiness. Leaves about 20 cm in length, arranged in a clear sequence. In the photo of the medicinal goatling, it is clear that the flowers are gathered in slender lush bunches 20-25 cm long. The color is purple or blue, less often white.
Kozlyatnik medicinal with the mind inconspicuous, but very useful
Flowering period - from June to August. Fruits appear in August. Kidney-shaped seeds are packed in legumes, the size of which reaches 4 cm.
Goat Legus - from the category of herbs that prefer moist soil and shade. In nature, it is found along water bodies, in swamps, in ditches. Homeland is considered the Crimea, the Caucasus, the Carpathians and Europe.
Use of goat's herb
In folk medicine, the seeds are used and the upper part of the medicinal goatling. The herb has a rich vitamin and organic composition that has a healing effect on the body. The leaves are harvested during flowering, the seeds - after ripening. Raw materials retain their beneficial properties for two years.
- normalizes metabolism.
Medicinal vetch is widely used in diabetes. Herbal lotions are made outwardly for eczema and lichen.
There are a number of side effects: constriction of the pupils, impaired intestinal motility, increased blood pressure, vasoconstriction.
Grass goatgrass (galega): use, properties, contraindications
Goat Meat, or Galega officinalis, helps regulate blood sugar levels. The plant has a low glycemic index and can increase the sensitivity of tissues to glucose.
It protects the liver from destruction, strengthens and tones vascular smooth muscle. Promotes rapid elimination of bad cholesterol.
Therapeutic effect due to the presence of the following elements:
- nitrogen-free glycosides,
- nitrogenous substances
- organic acids
The adjustment of blood sugar level is produced by the alkaloid galega. To achieve a stable sugar, it is necessary to take a herbal infusion of at least a year.
In diabetes, the herb is used in the form of infusions, decoctions, dry raw materials, alcoholic tinctures, and fresh juice. It is recommended to use in combination with other medicinal herbs.
The goatling is counted among the poisonous plants. According to the dose required prior consultation with the doctor.
The goatling has established itself as an effective medicinal plant. It is used for many serious illnesses, including diabetes. The grass has received the name because of its cultivation for fattening of cattle.
Medicinal properties of the plant
In folk medicine has a wide range of applications.. Alkaloids (galegin and leganin) are extracted from the seeds of the plant. This allows you to increase the pressure, increase the level of secretion of the mammary glands.
Dried herbal part of the plant and flowers:
- Used as infusions.
- Like a good diuretic.
- Antibacterial agents.
- Against worms.
- Helps lower blood sugar levels.
- Used in mild diabetes mellitus.
The benefits of medicinal herbs
- One of the few herbs that can affect blood glucose levels
- The curative properties of galega in diabetes mellitus are able to bring relief to patients with the second type of disease.
- When taking a decoction of grass enters the normal digestive system of the human body,
- Removal of toxins and worms.
- Raw leaves of the plant, improve the secretion of the mammary glands in nursing mothers.
- Fresh juice of goat's milk helps to quickly heal abrasions, skin lesions.
Use with diabetes
Reception of this herb is associated with this disease. More effective use in diabetes mellitus type 2. In this case, the hormone insulin, is still produced by the pancreas. But already sensitivity to it goes down. And in this case, glucose is not completely processed by the body. Blood sugar rises.
Due to the fact that the galega drug contains a unique substance galegin, the body is assisted with this disease. It contributes to the complete breakdown of glucose. The pancreas is working, and tissue insulin sensitivity is increased. Promotes the accumulation of glucose in the cells.
The goatling is not a panacea for this disease, but rather a helping hand of nature for a person in the early stages of diabetes:
- Reception of grass is carried out with the help of decoction, infusions.
- Dried seeds and greens are used.
Galega Medicinal Recipes
There are three main recipes for preparing herbs from the grass:
- Herbal decoction of galega,
- Infusion galegi with diabetes,
- Fresh juice galega.
About the methods of preparation of these medicines described earlier. At one point I want to stay again, namely, on the order of taking these drugs.
- Infusion for diabetes is taken after meals.
- Broth taken before meals.
- Juice is used as needed.
- Mainly used externally, and only with tonsillitis a solution of water and juice is buried in the nose.
Cost, where to buy?
- Goat Grass
- All sorts of fees and herbal teas.
Sold in pharmacies and online stores.
When buying, pay special attention:
- On the manufacturer of products.
- On its distributor.
- Grass picking sites should be indicated.
- Date of collection and packaging.
- The most important thing is that a certificate should be submitted for all products.
And only in this case, you can proceed to the selection. Buy grass galega best in a pharmacy in your city. Price compared with online stores will be higher, but delivery times and risks outweigh towards pharmacies.
- The average price of galega grass in a 100 g pack is 65 rubles.
- Seeds are packaged mainly in 50 grams and the average price per package is 55 rubles.
- For the industrial cultivation of grass, seeds are sold for tons and the price for one is equal to 40,000 rubles.
- Herbal tea for nursing mothers price 20 sachets 120 rubles.