The unique substrate that replaces the land that we used to use for planting. Also, like all modern substrates, Ceramis has a number of advantages, allowing it to more carefully care for plants and supply them with nutrients.
For more than 20 years, Ceramis has been a leader in the markets of Western Europe, where it is well known and popular.
In our country, he is just beginning his career, but already has quite a few fans. The complex of Ceramis includes clay granules, several types of fertilizers and a humidity indicator. Country of manufacture Germany. Pokon manufactures Saramis Universal and Orchid Ceramis.
Saramis universal, in its composition of clay granules and fertilizers. Clay, mined in the forests of Germany, processed and burned in a certain, patented way.
Composition of fertilizers: Nitrogen 7 mg / l, Phosphorus 13 mg / l, Potassium 120 mg / l. The acidity of the substrate is pH 5.2-6.0.
In addition to baked clay and fertilizers, ceramis for orchids also includes high-quality pine bark, which constitutes 70% of the total volume, and the remaining 30% is clay granules.
Composition of fertilizers: Nitrogen 18 mg / l, Phosphorus 55 mg / l, Potassium 180 mg / l. The acidity of the substrate is pH 5.7.
Advantages of using Ceramis
- Porous material consisting of small, light granules easily absorbs water and nutrients. Accumulates them in itself and gives the plants gradually as needed. This creates an optimal water-air balance for the root system, protecting it from flooding and rotting of the roots. Reduces the frequency of watering by 2-3 times.
- Different granules allow oxygen to freely penetrate to the roots of plants. That allows them to be well saturated with oxygen, and small plants that have not yet become stronger, to develop rapidly, even in the presence of a weak root system.
- The presence of special preparations protects against mold and pests.
- The complex of fertilizers contained in the substrate Ceramis for orchids, allows to do without adding additional nutrients for 1-2 months. All the additional, necessary nutrients are contained in balanced fertilizers produced by the same company, especially for each type of plant. The manufacturer allows the use of fertilizers, other brands.
- High-quality pine bark, located in the Saramis for orchids, provides an additional opportunity for air to penetrate to the roots of plants. Through large granules of bark, weak, fragile root system of young plants is easier to break through.
- Substratum loose, when using it there is no dirt. Non-toxic.
Reusable use is allowed. Over the years, Ceramis retains its structure, does not crack and does not stick together. Ceramis does not need to be replaced with fresh and throw away the old one, as is usually done when using soil. In the process of transplantation, it is enough to add the right amount of fresh substrate. If a plant is sick or died in Saramis, the substrate is not required to be disposed of, it is recommended to rinse it with water and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes. After disinfection, Ceramis is safe for healthy plants and ready for reuse.
Planting and transplanting
1/3 pot fall asleep with Saramis. As much as possible, keeping the earthen room, shake off the excess earth from the plant and place it in a pot. Free space to fill the substrate. Spill the plant with clean water, at the rate of ¼ the volume of the pot. You can spill the plant under the roots, you can around the perimeter of the pot, it does not matter, after a while, the substrate becomes wet the same. Attention should be paid to the roots, so that as a result of watering, do not expose them.
It is recommended to add fertilizer immediately after transplanting. Do not tamp the substrate, so as not to damage the fragile roots.
Saramis universal is also suitable for growing orchids and anthuriums. It can be used both in pure form and with the addition of peat, soil and humus.
The composition of granulated soil "Ceramis"
"Seramis" is a popular German substrate in Europe, but little-known in Russia. This is a great alternative to the usual types of soil.
There are several types of such substrate on sale:
- designed for any indoor plants,
- designed specifically for orchids.
The latter includes pieces of pine bark (pine) of different sizes. This is a natural environment for flowers, so they grow well in the substrate.
The basis of "Ceramis" - clay, which is mined in Germany. It is treated with a special technology and turned into small porous granules. They are enriched with NPK mineral elements (mg / l):
In percentage, the composition is as follows:
- 70% bark and clay
- 30% - mineral substances.
Due to the presence of porous granules, the substrate remains friable and does not obstruct the access of oxygen to the root system. It absorbs moisture and gradually gives its colors along with useful elements.
"Ceramis" is suitable not only for orchids. It feels good cacti, bonsai, palm trees and ficus.
Advantages and disadvantages
Many flower growers have already appreciated the merits of "Ceramis" because he:
- Accelerates the development of plants due to the constant supply of minerals.
- Well retains moisture, prevents water from flowing through the drainage holes. Suitable for pots.
- Does not lose properties in the course of use and does not demand periodic replacement.
- Prevents mold and pests.
- Allows you to avoid overwetting and rotting of the root system.
- It goes well with ordinary land.
- Provides a constant supply of oxygen to the roots.
- Soil remaining from other colors may be reused. It is pre-washed and calcined in the oven for half an hour at 200 ° C.
Thanks to the porous structure, “Ceramis” absorbs water well. The plant gets it when needed. As a result, the frequency of irrigation is reduced, and the risk of overwetting is reduced to zero.
Florists point out one drawback - the high cost. However, long-term use and economical expense compensate for losses.
What types of orchids are suitable for growing?
"Ceramis" is optimal for plant-epiphytes, which receive nutrients from the air. These are most of the orchids. However, ground flowers can also grow in the substrate. To do this, mix in some fertile land.
Practice proves that in the "Saramis" well take root:
- Sedirea Japan (Sedirea japonica),
The manufacturer confirms this fact.
"Ceramis" can be used as a soil for an aquarium and contain algae in it.
How to transfer a plant to the ground?
For growing plants in the substrate using pots from:
In the latter, it is better to lay a foil to prevent oxidation.
The transfer of plants to the soil "Ceramis" is similar to an ordinary transplant. In the pot put the substrate, the amount of which is 2 times the volume of the roots. The voids are filled with granules, but not crushed. So that they are distributed evenly, the container is gently shaken.
In conclusion, be sure to install a moisture sensor. It is placed directly between the roots. It starts working in about 2 hours.
Inventory for planting and transplanting
The following tools are required for moving plants to Ceramis:
- sharp shears or scissors
- garden spatula.
Inventory is pre-disinfected.
Florist should prepare in advance:
- the pot in which he will plant the plant
- alcohol-free antimicrobial drugs or activated carbon for disinfecting sections.
It is better to wear gloves on your hands. To control soil moisture should be purchased indicator.
Step-by-step landing instructions
In order not to harm the plant and facilitate its adaptation, transplantation is carried out after completion of flowering.
The procedure will be as follows:
- The orchid is carefully removed from the soil. Before transplanting it is not watered. In exceptional cases, when it is impossible to get a plant without pain, cut the pot.
- Remains of soil gently shake. Specially delete them is not necessary.
- Carefully examine the root system for the presence of pests and diseases. If aphids, thrips or powdery mildew are found, the flower is soaked in clean warm water and treated with preparations (“Aktara” or “Aktellik”).
- Remove rotten and dry roots, wilted leaves and barren flowers. Sections are smeared with antimicrobial or powdered with activated carbon.
- Rhizome dried for 8 hours.
- A pot intended for transplantation is disinfected. Lay the drainage layer.
- Move the plant to a new pot.
- Capacity for orchids filled with soil "Ceramis", leaving aerial roots on the surface. The substrate is not crushed: the plant should be comfortable in it.
An indicator is placed in the pot to control soil moisture. Blue - enough water, red - too little. The average frequency of watering - once in 20 days.
After transplantation, the plant is returned to its original growth site or placed in the east side of the house. It is protected from direct sunlight. The room temperature is kept within + 20 ... + 22 ° C. After 4-5 days, watered with clean warm water. The subsequent care of an orchid does not differ from cultivation in usual soil.
The use of the substrate does not cancel the regular application of fertilizers. For the best development of plants it is recommended to use fertilizers "Saramis"
The soil remaining after transplantation is placed in a dry room, protected from sunlight. Nearby it is forbidden to store drugs and food.
Where and at what price you can buy "Ceramis"?
"Ceramis" is sold in online stores for gardeners. For example, in the "Green Land". The cost depends on the amount of substrate:
Buy more profitable packages. The price for 1 l will be only 150 rubles. against 196 rubles. in small volume.
Here you can order a humidity indicator. A 16 cm long device costs 100 rubles, 26 cm - 120 rubles.
In the Moskhoztorg online store the prices are slightly higher:
However, here you can order fertilizers for flowering plants and spray for orchid care of the German manufacturer.
"Ceramis" is great for growing orchids. He deserved only positive feedback from flower growers. The substrate eliminates the overmoistening of the soil and accelerates the development of plants. No need for a transplant allows you to not expose them to stress. Simple use more than compensates for the high cost.
Growing a flower in the substrate
Orchids planted in the substrate, it is necessary to provide proper care so that they recover faster. After transplantation, the pot with the plant is left in the same place or transferred to the east window. Basic rules for caring for a flower in Saramis:
- The first watering after transplantation to carry out after 4-5 days. To humidify use clean warm water.
- Keep the orchid out of direct sunlight.
- Maintain temperature in the range of plus 20 to 22 degrees.
Watering orchids growing in Saramis, produce no more than 1 time in 20 days. For a better orientation in the pot set the humidity indicator. Blue indicates a good fluid balance. Red indicates the need for watering.
In this way, Saramis is a good complex substrate suitable for breeding all members of the orchid family.. It only positively affects the development of orchids.